White Horse Weddings Reviews

White Horse Weddings 3
White Horse Weddings 4
White Horse Weddings 5

Ben S · Married on 07/13/2019

Taking the stress out of an out-of-state wedding

My wife and I were very glad to have Emily and Erin helping to make everything on our wedding day go so smoothly. When planning our wedding, we knew we would need a day of coordinator since we live out of state and we need some help organizing everything on the ground. Even though we only booked White Horse for the day of, their service included touching base early on so that we were all on the same page. And even though my wife and I we were still settling details up to the week of the wedding, Emily and Erin were able to easily roll with anything we threw at them. The came to our location walk through, our rehearsal, and helped shepherd the wedding party through pre-wedding schedules. They helped the timing and choreography of the ceremony and reception go off without a problem. And finally, their services were very affordable, especially considering Emily and Erin work as a pair (the benefit of having coordinators at two places at once is hugely helpful)! We would recommend them to anyone planning their wedding in St. Louis!

Sent on 08/21/2019
    White Horse Weddings 6

Kelsey · Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing Value for TWO Wonderful Ladies

Erin and Emily were so professional and so helpful! We opted for the day of coordination (which included a meeting the month of), but they were available for quick questions and lots of handholding throughout the whole process. Weddings are really tough! I'm so glad I had the two of them on my side to manage family expectations, unexpected issues, and the small details (like almost forgetting to sign the marriage license, whoops).

My only regret is not hiring them for more time! If I were to do it again, I absolutely would have opted for the "month of" package, where we could start meeting 4 months out.

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/24/2018

What a Relief!

Emily and Erin were such a joy to work with. I'm a project manager by trade, so I thought I didn't "need" the extra help with management/planning on my big day - boy was I wrong! They made sure the day went by seamlessly. I was able to actually breathe and enjoy time with our friends, family and bridal party. I didn't have to worry about timing, or ushering guests to the reception or where to put all of my personal items. They took care of everything before I even had time to think about it. I am so thankful for them and will highly recommend their services to my friends and family. Thank you, White Horse Weddings!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Katelyn · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding 11/03

Both Emily & Erin were wonderful as understanding my dream vision for the wedding day and making it a reality. They were fabulous the day of and made sure that everything ran smoothly and all of the little details were perfect. They coordinated with all of our vendors and helped our timeline run smoothly. My day was truly stress free thanks to White Horse Weddings!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Shameem · Married on 09/29/2018

Emily and Erin were amazing and we highly recommend their services. Hours before the wedding had to change some details of the bride arriving to the venue. They accommodated without a flinch! DO NOT PLAN YOUR WEDDING WITHOUT THEM!!!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    White Horse Weddings 7
    White Horse Weddings 8
    White Horse Weddings 9
    White Horse Weddings 10

Trey · Married on 07/28/2018

Erin and Emily were simply awesome! Our wedding could not have turned out as great as it did without their help.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2018

Erin and Emily of White Hourse Weddings are top notch professionals. Since my wedding, many of my other vendors have even expressed how much of a pleasure it was to work with these women. I felt supported throughout my wedding planning process and the Big Day. Love them both.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Crissy · Married on 05/12/2018

Emily and Erin were wonderful! They made me much more relaxed on the day of my wedding! They had everything under control. I was able to enjoy my day and not have a worry in mind! They made sure everything ran smoothly! I highly recommend! I am so happy I found them!!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Madison · Married on 09/09/2017

Emily and Erin made our vision become reality. We are so grateful they made our day perfect. If you are planning a wedding, looking for peace of mind, and flawless execution Emily and Erin will not disappoint.

Sent on 10/13/2017

Abby · Married on 09/02/2017

Erin and Emily are masters of planning and coordination. They will help make your special day run smoothly. You will not have to spend any time worrying that should be spent having fun. Both coordinators are easy to contact and they are the ones you want to have your back on a day in which you have invested so much!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Martha · Married on 06/10/2017

These two young ladies were a delight to work with and really took the pressure off of me so that I could fully enjoy my daughter's wedding!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Sara · Married on 09/24/2016

These ladies are fabulous to work with, I will be hiring them for many other events in the future. They make everything stress free and also have wonderful suggestions to make your vision of your day come to life. Highly recommended

Sent on 09/16/2017

Kim · Married on 03/23/2019

3.4
      2.0
      1.0

Disappointed

Emily and Erin were very sweet and great to work with and they were a great price. We asked for day of coordination to make sure that my family and friends didn't have to work the wedding and so I didn't have to take care of anything on the actual day. They had a month out planning meeting and did the rehearsal as well. At the month out planning meeting they did a great job, and asked some good questions and helped out a little bit with the timeline. I asked them if they would do a lot of the stuff for the set up of the reception and they said "yes". Cool, I thought we were set. The problems started with the rehearsal. I got married in a church, and I am not sure if they were just not used to that or what. But they didn't even really speak. Just sat there. I asked them if they could lead us and run through everything again as my priest was pretty scatterbrained and they just didn't do it, and said it would be fine. The day of the wedding was kind of a mess. There was a lot that was out of their hands, like the priest being late, but the stuff that I thought they would do, they didn't. The groom asked for a couple of things and he was told "We don't do that". They were not in place when the family and the bridal party started to walk in, so my MIL ended up walking in with like 800 things in her hands. They weren't there to take the program, her purse, etc. out of her hands so now all that junk is in all of our pictures. I was also not impressed with how they showed up to the wedding. They were in jeans and shirts and had what looked like college backpacks on. They stuck out like a sore thumb and a few of the guests commented on it to me. The most disappointing part was the reception set up. All of the things they agreed to do, they didn't. My parents and their friends had to set up most of the tables. The venue set up the tables wrong, and the coordinators didn't even notice. It left a lot of people without a table to sit at and one table with no numbers on it. It looked like we just didn't have seats for those people! I understand the venue set it up wrong, but I expected the coordinators to notice it (they had multiple copies of the layout, along with the number of chairs at each table) and fix it. Isn't that what I hired them for? To handle that type of stuff? My mom said all they did at the reception to set up was decide where to put the photo table, which in their defense, was in a great place. The popcorn bar they agreed to set out was set out lazily at the end of the night, with no style at all. The whole reception they just seemed like they did not want to be there. I hope they just had an off night, or took on a bigger wedding than they were used to (we had 350 people), or something. They were very sweet and seemed great when we met, but I was definitely disappointed in what was provided.

Sent on 07/25/2019

White Horse Weddings's reply:

Kim,

We are shocked that this is the review you chose to write. We absolutely loved working with you and your husband and we feel terrible that you were not happy with the service we provided. We have to respond to this review to express that many of the issues that happened were not represented accurately.

We are a Day-Of planning service so we do not help the couple choose the venue. We have worked in many churches and love the experience. The church you were married in we were up against a huge number of challenges, namely the priest. He was not interested in our help and told us plainly we would be sitting on the sideline. This is why the rehearsal looked the way it did (usually we run the rehearsal). He was forceful about not allowing us to help him and he wanted to run it himself which of course we respected. We asked the parishioners helping him for contact info and they were not able to help us. We also could not have controlled the fact the priest misunderstood the start time of the wedding which to me speaks volumes about the way he was running the ceremony. I could tell this upset you as it should have but again this was not something that we could ever control in a wedding. The church itself was uniquely hard to work with. I don't think we have ever told a couple "we don't do that", unless it is something that will not work with the timeline or schedule that has been agreed upon. We always go out of our way to help the bride and groom especially so this just is not how we operate as professionals.

The reception was a completely different matter than this really speaks to how key communication is. We work with all different couples some that like to give us pictures or descriptions of what they want the space to look like. You did not provide that which was completely fine, but you told us your mom was going to help manage the set up. We would never override your mom's opinion and we arrived at the venue to see 8 full boxes of things we were never told about. We wanted to make sure your mom had a say in where it all went since no guidance was provided on that front. We did realize the venue set up the tables incorrectly based on the floor plan but after talking extensively with the venue coordinator realized the tables were set up to cut into the entire bar space leaving no room for guests or to walk through to the dance floor. There was no way this would work for your large wedding. We had to act fast and the venue did as well to help guests find this additional table that was set up. To speak frankly, the space was just not big enough for the number of people and the floor plan was not accurate. We wanted to make sure you and your family were not stressed but I understand your mom was. We feel terrible she wasn't able to fully relax but in all reality we felt that we were to defer to her in the set up. We were present in all parts of set up from bringing all the boxes up from the second floor to setting plastic silverware and signage. There were a two family members that jumped in and seemed to be happy and willing to help (again, this was not because we couldn't do it, it was because they were being really kind). I am sorry to hear that wasn't the case. Addressing the way we were dressed, we always dress in all black, that is how most vendors dress, we wear tennis shoes (or comfortable shoes) because we are on our feet 12 hours a day and rarely sitting. We do use back packs to store all essentials that we use throughout the day and to keep our hands free. This is very common for many vendors in the industry. We try to stand out when needed and fade into the back ground when needed. Again, we are sorry you all felt disappointed with our services. Due to the fact that we are a Day- Of service, which makes us affordable for the couple that has planned and organized things themselves, communication and a clear outline of how things should be set up is one of the most important aspects of making a day successful. There were multiple issues that we could not control and had to do our best to manage on the day of. I understand this upset you and we are truly sorry for that. We truly feel that worked extremely hard to help make your wedding what you hoped for. Best wishes for many years of happiness together.