White Eagle Golf Club Reviews

24 Reviews for White Eagle Golf Club

• Kristen

Kristen Danek · Married on 09/07/2019

Simply amazing

We got married at White Eagle this past weekend and it completely exceeded all expectations. We were initially skeptical, as the day of planners switched about halfway through our engagement, but after a couple of meetings and emails exchanged, we knew we were in good hands. Louie is the absolute best at his job...we were catered to every single minute of our special day. Jennifer and Kristin both helped make the day as flawless as well, both were so easy to work with, SUPER responsive, extremely flexible and just went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect. The room itself looked absolutely gorgeous, the food was better than I’ve ever had at a wedding, the drinks were constant and the service was amazing. We cannot thank Jennifer, Kristin and Louie enough for everything they did to make our day as special as it was.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Lauren · Married on 12/01/2017

My parents belong to White Eagle Golf Club, so it was an easy choice for me to use them as my venue for my wedding--I know a lot of the workers as well as the quality of service and food I would get there. Not to mention, the place is stunningly beautiful. Lillian (banquet director) and Louie were awesome. They were both extremely accommodating to me and my family's wants and needs. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Amy and John · Married on 09/23/2017

Amazing! Lillian, Louie, and the entire staff an White Eagle Golf Club were exactly that, Amazing. Lillian made the entire process of planning a wedding with no stress at all. With recommending vendors - who are all top notch, to helping answers questions or giving suggestions. She even came to the rescue when our officiant was stuck in traffic for our rehearsal, even though she had another event she was getting ready for that night. Louie and the staff, were top notch on the wedding day. Very attentive to our guests and making sure we all were having a great time enjoying the moment. Hats off to our chef and his staff. The entrées were out of this world. The courses were just as good, if not better than when we went for our tasting. As for the venue itself, breathtaking. The room looked absolutely beautiful. Very elegant and classy.

Thank you all for making our wedding day a day we will always remember.

Sent on 10/02/2017
  • Hiddentrezur

Latrice · Married on 07/23/2017

My husband and I loved everything about the venue and our wedding. Lillian Doran is the events coordinator and she was so amazing to work with. She explained that she has been working with White Eagle for over 20 year and provided us with a list of preferred vendors. She did not disappoint. She was very responsive to emails and phone calls. They provide food and cake tastings which I thought was a fabulous touch as nearly all of the venues we researched did not provide this option. The venue itself is so gorgeous. The scenery is so beautiful for wedding pictures. My guests complimented us on the beauty and service we received throughout the night. Some said it was in their top 10 fave weddings. Lillian was not available on the day of our wedding, but she left us in good hands with Louie. He was phenomenal in ensuring that all of our needs were met for us to have the perfect wedding day. If you are in search of a venue that is friendly and go over and beyond to ensure you have a wonderful wedding, I highly recommend White Eagle Golf Club.

Sent on 07/31/2017

Anthony · Married on 05/28/2017

We love working with White Eagle Golf Club they have always delivered great service and has always accommodated our needs. They run a well organized reception hall to keep your evening on course so that the couple enjoys their wedding. Looking forward in working in many events to come!

Thanks,
    Extreme Sounds Entertainment & Lighting
    extremesoundsent.com

Sent on 05/30/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

BEST place to have a wedding! Even with hiccups because of me it went flawlessly! So so wonderful. The staff is amazing. I completely forgot my chalk board with the hashtag and they created one for me and framed it. I also forgot my garder (clearly I wasn't prepared) and they MADE ONE FOR ME! I couldn't have had my wedding at a better place. I wish the same on everyone. It was perfect :)

Sent on 08/01/2016

Lilian helped us plan everything and make our dollar stretch so that we had the most elegant style imaginable. Our banquet captain, Louis was amazing. He was on point and beyond friendly with everyone there. The champagne toast is totally worth it. The food was delicious and not one person thought anything to the contrary. We used WE's linens which were lovely. The entire experience was positive and they really kept everything worry-free. Emails and appointments were timely. The staff helped us pack up everything and made sure that we had everything we came with. They even rinsed out out toasting glasses so that they weren't sticky. We couldn't be more pleased. The reception was truly more exquisite than we could have imagined.

Sent on 08/10/2015

They were awesome! Food was great! Very organized

Sent on 09/07/2015

Nancy · Married on 06/26/2015

We had had checked about (10) venues before picking White Eagle. After seeing the venue and speaking to Lillian we knew this is where we wanted to have my daughters wedding. I cannot say enough about White Eagle. Lillian is excellent, Lewie and the staff the night of the wedding were unbelievable. With this being the first one in the family getting married I needed help and Lillian was incredible. She helped me all the way through the process and I can't be more thankful.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Abby · Married on 06/20/2015

We had our ceremony on the beautiful lawn overlooking the golf course and lake (with fountain), followed by cocktail hour, then dinner & dancing. Everything was wonderful. Lillian is the coordinator there and she was amazing to work with through the whole process. Anything I needed, she would get back to me ASAP. She was able to give me other vendor recommendations for flowers, decorations, etc and about getting some discounts! She was present on our big day and organized all of the set up and even our rehearsal practice. Our wedding went off without a hitch thanks to her. She even helped with moral support since I was planning from out of state. The food was AMAZING. We gave guests the choice of beef tenderloin and chicken vesuvio and I received countless compliments about how delicious the food was. It was simple to coordinate with Lillian doing our tastings too. The venue space was beautiful. Cocktail hour was spread out in the foyer, outdoor patio, and in the library near the dining room and it was the perfect amount of space for guests to mingle without being crowded (we had about 165). Included in the price per head was some centerpieces (through 1 or 2 recommended florists), our wedding cake (through 1 of 2 bakers), and other odds and ends. It was worth every cent! I believe we were just over $100 per head (exclusive of taxes) but we upgraded to the top liquour package and had entrees. I wouldn't change a thing. The space was great for sound as well, no problems hearing our band throughout the reception area, yet all guests were able to carry on conversations in the surrounding areas without having to shout. The staff were fantastic as well: Louie our head waiter was in charge of the tear down and keeping us happy all night. He did an excellent job of making sure myself and bridesmaids were well hydrated before the ceremony and immediately afterward (it was a June wedding outdoors). This was the perfect country club wedding (and open to the public for wedding

Sent on 08/21/2015

On April 25th, my daughter had her wedding at White Eagle both the ceremony and the reception. We had white glove service from beginning to end. The whole event was so magical thanks to Lillian and Louie who work their tails off in making this day so special for the bride and groom, their bridal party, those families and guests who attended. As great team leaders, they lead guests into the foyer room for cocktail hour while the staff was clearing up flowers and hundreds of chairs out the ceremony area in the library room and making that room magically redesign into a reception area all in one hour time frame before the guest entered back for dinner. The white glove dinner severs dance with ease around each table, very polite, and had prompt timing to every course. Their work was stupendous from the time the bride and her bridesmaids arrived mid-day to dress at White Eagle all the way until Midnight when Louie and his team packed every wedding essential from the reception onto carts and then, rolled the carts to our car. Every moment the staff hustled with flair and eloquence. My husband and I could not ask for anything more. The service was impeccable! Bravo to Lillian and her staff in making this day so memorable for our family and guest!

Sent on 05/26/2015

Absolutely had a great experience with White Eagle! We had our reception here, everyone raved about "the best wedding food they've ever had"! The staff was amazing, Lillian and Louie were great in helping plan every last detail and help calm my pre-wedding logistical jitters. I would highly recommend this venue and would have my wedding there again in a heartbeat. Beautiful backdrop for pictures too!

Sent on 05/17/2015

ashley · Married on 06/29/2013

White Eagle was a beautiful place to have my wedding. We got married right on the golf course! I was breathtaking!! Lillian was amazing to work with. Every part of my wedding was perfect thanks to Lillian and the staff at White Eagle!

Sent on 07/03/2013
  • User2059862 · 2+ years ago

I cannot express how overly satisifed and happy I am with White Eagle and the job they did for me wedding! Lillian and her staff were absolutely wonderful and made my wedding perfect! I worked with Lillian from day one and she was so helpful and flexible throughout the whole process! A month after securing our date, we had to switch to a later date. She was able to make this happen without any problems or extra charges! She allowed us to incorporate so many different things into the reception that other venues were charging for (ie signature drink, using outside vendors, bringing in our own sweets, etc). I had quite a bit of items I needed setup for the reception, including a candy table. Lillian and her staff did an amazing job and it was all setup exactly how I wanted it. Louis was our banquet captin during the event, and he did an amazing job making sure we had everything we needed. I couldn't have asked for more from White Eagle.

And the food! It was so delicious!! You would not know they mass produced it for a wedding. It tasted just as it did for our tasting and the guests are still raving about it!

Overall, the wedding was everything I wanted and so much of that is because of the staff at White Eagle. I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a place for a wedding or other event. Not to mention, they only have one event per evening so you get the run of the club!!

Sent on 11/16/2012

Kristin · Married on 08/03/2012

White Eagle Golf Club is the perfect venue for your wedding. Whether you have 100ppl or 300ppl, they will accomodate your wedding and wont charge you a food & beverage minimum. I especially liked that they only permit one wedding to be held per evening. The staff is exceptional and very accomodating. I would recommend this venue to any bride.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2011

We selected White Eagle to host our reception (but they do offer ceremony options on site) and I am glad we went with them. Prior to White Eagle we looked at banquet halls, hotels and a few other places. White Eagle stood out not only for price but beauty. The grounds are gorgeous and they were perfect for our fall wedding. I enjoyed working with Lillian the banquet manager, Paul the club manager and Hugo. Everyone was so helpful. Hugo, the banquet captain, was available all evening to help us with everything. He was absolutely wonderful. The food was excellent, and we received compliments from many people on the food. The best thing about White Eagle is the value. The plates were very affordable and compared to other banquet halls even a better value without having minimums or charges for things not needed. They are also extremely flexible and worked with us on our needs and wants for the reception. Everyone had a great time and I would highly recommend White Eagle for a reception.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Margaret · Married on 09/13/2014

We had our wedding reception here on Sept 13th and I can't tell you how satisfied we were. Lillian and Louie were Great!! I never had to worry about the night. My husband and I can truly say we enjoyed very moment of our wedding. The venue was perfect along with the food and service. all of our guest complimented us on how attentive and respectful the staff was and how clean the re club was. It was a perfect day and night for us. We highly recommend having your reception at the club if you want excellent service and food. Thank you Lillian and staff for making our day complete!!

Sent on 10/28/2014
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/28/2011

White Eagle was so amazing to work with. They provided everything above and beyond my expectations. They bent over backwards to make sure that my Wedding was the most special day. We have had so many great compliments from our guests about the food and service that was provided. All of our guests were very impressed with everything.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Victoria · Married on 06/04/2011

Working with the staff at White Eagle was such a great experience and I would recommend them to anyone! Here are some of the things I really liked about this site for a reception
    1) Value: When I looked at other sites, there were a lot of things that these others sites charged for that were not additional charges at White Eagle. For example, most places charge extra for valet parking or coat check, but these were included in the packages at White Eagle (and these packages were still less expensive than the other places)

2) Variety: Even though there were a lot of things already included in each package, we had a lot of things to choose from and a lot of options for additional things to add to the package. We chose to stick with the basic white table cloths and no chair covers (which looked beautiful) but could have chosen color linens or chair covers, etc.

3) They only do one event a night: This means you will want to book early if you have a specific date in mind. I liked having our reception be the only event taking place that night - it meant that there were no strangers wandering into our party and we had the staff's full attention.

4) Access to inside and outside: I actually looked into some venues that required you to pay extra to use the outdoor area! White Eagle Golf Club sits on a beautiful pond and golf course. Our wedding was in early June and I really wanted our guests to have the option of enjoying the cool evenings that happen that time of year. Also, my groom and I got some amazing pictures with the pond and golf course in the back. There are tables with umbrellas on the terrace and you have access to it all.

5) The food: You get great food for an amazing price. And you get a lot of food (they do not skimp on it!) - this was important to me because I have been to weddings where I was starving when it was over! We were able to sample everything and were so happy with what we picked.

6) Great discounts offered: If you get married on a Friday, they offer a 15% discount, which was larger than any other place I looked into. Most places offered 5-10% off.

7) It's a beautiful venue. My wedding was really traditional and this venue was perfect for that. From the foyer, to the main ballroom, to the terrace outside, everything was beautiful and well-kept....nothing looked shabby.

8) The staff: all night long, we had the head banquet manager checking in with us to make sure everything was going well. He was personable, professional and really interested in making our day great. Most of my bridesmaids were pregnant at the time and when we got there, their staff insisted on getting us all water and food (cheese, crackers, and fruit) immediately to the room where we were relaxing before the cocktail hour.

9) The bathroom: I know this sounds odd, but their bathrooms were spotless and also had a nice big stall that made it easy to use with my large dress. There was also a private room with a huge mirror in the bathroom that can be used to get ready.

The only drawback was that at times I had a hard time getting a hold of them to ask questions or my voicemails were not returned especially quick. I know my event is just one of many they do so they have a lot of phone calls to return, but there were a few times when I felt like I had to call repeatedly to get an amswer. But, I always did get an answer so that's good.

Sent on 07/27/2011

Christine · Married on 07/12/2014

My daughter's wedding was on July 12, 2014, and White Eagle Country Club was the absolute perfect venue for a really perfect wedding!! Lillian, Louis, and the staff were so attentive and accommodating. The room was spacious and beautiful. The grounds were spectacular for pictures. The guests raved about the food. Thank you so much for helping make this most important day in my daughter's and new husband's life such a memorable and flawless day!!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Emily · Married on 06/16/2012

We used White Eagle Golf Club for our wedding reception. It was a pleasure to work with them. We met with them multiple times including a food tasting. Every time they listened to our thoughts and had great suggestions. Lillian (the coordinator) was great! She returned my phone calls and emails very quickly and was very thorough and accommodating. I always knew what was going on with the schedule and any reception costs. The day of the wedding I had no worries whatsoever about how the reception would be. The staff during the reception were always available and checking on us. We never felt like we needed to track them down and they were quick to respond. When a glass broke on the dance floor, it was all cleaned up within 3 minutes and the dancing continued. The staff was so friendly and did a great job of making it a special night. The hall is gorgeous and is on a golf course. Your wedding is the only wedding there that night and the space is perfect. Giant mirrors are behind the head table and look so nice in pictures. The dance floor is very large and we had plenty of space (we had 150 guests). They also have 2 bars open so nobody had to wait too long. I would HIGHLY recommend White Eagle to anybody looking for a reception hall in Naperville.

Sent on 07/11/2012

We loved having our wedding here--since I was planning from another state, it was such a relief to have lovely, helpful professional to work with at the venue. They accommodated all our special requests (creating custom fruit skewers in place of a groomscake, and setting up pairs of tall crystal candlesticks that I had purchased elsewhere at each table). Everything ran smoothly and the view, both inside and through the windows to the outside, was great.

Sent on 09/18/2009

Sara · Married on 07/03/2010

Lillian at White Eagle was very pleasant and always was patient with us as we were making decisions about the next steps of planning. She worked effortlessly with our planner about arranging the details and always made sure that my husband and I were happy with the process. However, the grounds were beautiful and we received so many compliments on the venue and how amazing our wedding was. Lillian also provided a lot of great referrals to vendors who work exclusively with White Eagle. We were also allowed to bring in vendors who were not exclusive with them as well, and they were flexible in accomodating them.

There were only a few issues that I found with the site, which were: that the materials explaining the payments were a bit outdated and that they had raised their prices. Also, the layout of the facility is a bit spaced out, especially if you plan on having an outdoor wedding like we did. I think more could have been done in directing people to different areas of the venue, as I think a lot of guests got a bit confused as to where to enter for our ceremony and where to go for our cocktail reception. Other than that, great venue!

Sent on 03/05/2011