Whirlin' Disc Sound Reviews

Whirlin' Disc Sound 6
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/10/2019

Leaders in the Industry!

Working with Chris was incredible! He was always prompt with all of our correspondence and communicated with the utmost professionalism! He made sure to have everything spot on and once we were corresponding with our day of DJ it went even better! Chris mashed us with DJ Mark Grimaldi who was seriously the most perfect fit for us! Both of them are true professionals and take the time to be thorough and don't ever rush any call or appointment. Leading up to the wedding Mark was incredible with corresponding with us and was so easy to talk to! The day of took everything to a whole new level!! Mark is a master at his craft! Not only did he continue to check in with us throughout the night but he added so many small touches to personalize his service with us and it was PERFECT! He is a perfectly balanced DJ, and had the dance floor moving!! He helped so much with day of organization and keeping our day running smoothly! Thank you sooo much!!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 08/10/2019

Whirlin discs nailed it!

Music has always been a huge component of my husbands and I's relationship - so it was really important to us to find and hire the best DJs. We found them with Whirlin' Discs!

Working with Chris to prep for the wedding was a breeze and fun! He was responsive and helped guide us through any questions that we had quickly. You can tell he has a sincere passion for providing the best experience possible!

The night of the wedding, we worked with Mike. He absolutely nailed it! Our guests had a blast and Mike choose the best music! It kept guests of all ages on the floor right from the start of open dancing all the way through to the end. And our guests feedback really made us feel good! "We had an absolute blast", "best dance floor ever!" to "I danced all night...the music was amazing!", "I never can get my husband to dance and we danced the night away!!"

Flexibility, kindness and professionalism radiates from these guys! Mike's ability to sense the vibe of the dance floor and choose all the right songs was phenomenal! We are so glad we choose Whirlin Discs! Thanks again guys! You rock!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Maggie · Married on 07/27/2019

Wedding night party!!

Mike was an amazing DJ! We had a great party going until midnight! The dance floor was full the entire night. He played songs that our guests loved all night, while honoring our requests. Mike was so attentive as well- he checked in with us constantly and with the venue to make sure everything was running smoothly. We would highly recommend Whirlin’ Disc!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 07/13/2019

The Best Night of Our Lives!

Whirlin Disc was absolutely amazing!!! They were incredibly professional and attentive!! Chris walked us through the entire process and ensured that we had absolutely every detail we wanted to our wedding completed! Our DJ was Mike and he was absolutely amazing!! He checked in with us the week of the wedding to go over final details and then checked in with us before the ceremony started. Our ceremony music was perfect and beautiful!! Mike was the perfect emcee and had all of our guests cheering and dancing!! He checked in with us throughout the evening to ensure that we were always up to date and satisfied!! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • O

Olivia Gannon · Married on 07/13/2019

Extremely Professional and Detail Oriented DJs

I had met with other DJ companies in Buffalo before reaching out to Chris at Whirlin' Disc Sound. I thought other local companies had cheesy sales tactics and seemed disingenuous. I could tell via our email exchanges that Whirlin Disc Sound was what I was looking for and when my now husband and I met with Chris I was impressed by his knowledge, experience and certainly his professionalism. He met with us about a month or so before the wedding to go over everything we did and did not want at the wedding. He was thoughtful about what we wanted while also advising us, based on his experience, what works and doesn't work at weddings. Whirlin Disc Sound accommodated our last minute needs/requests and I felt they really went above and beyond. Our assigned DJ called me the week of our wedding to go over everything we planned and he was great. He did a great job with pulling the event off and pronounced my maiden name correctly which is always a concern in my family. He was very easy to work with. We would highly recommend Whirlin' Disc Sound for weddings and events!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/08/2019

Fantastic!!

I wish I could give Whirlin Disc a 10 star review! Chris was such a professional when it came to meeting us every time! He was very attentive and listened to what we wanted and he followed through 200%! Our DJ, Mike was AWESOME! He played such great music, in every genre and there was absolutely no down time! If you are looking for a DJ for an event , please start here! They are hands down, THE BEST! Thank you for making my wedding fantastic!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Becky

Rebecca · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect experience

We cannot say enough great things about Mike our DJ and the owner Chris at Whirlin’ Disc Sound! Fantastic, professional group who really take the time to know you and understand what you want your reception to be like. We were so impressed. He had the best party thanks to the DJ. We will be recommending Whirlin’ Disc to everyone!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Emily Allein · Married on 06/15/2019

Thank you!

Max was absolutely great on our wedding day. He was very attentive and didn't rush us all night like I've seen many other DJs do at weddings. He got people up and dancing that I've never seen leave their seat before at a party. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Caitlin · Married on 06/08/2019

AMAZING! Just book them already

I highly recommend Whirlin' Disc Sound. Chris G. met with my husband and I before the wedding and talked about specific details for the day of (and everything went so smooth!!). Mike was our DJ and was AWESOME. I was in contact with Mike before the wedding to go over music selection and special requests. Super friendly, great DJ....I wish we could relive the night again. Everyone at Whirlin' Disc went above and BEYOND. Thank you for such an amazing special day!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Devan Makadia · Married on 05/26/2019

Best DJ Service in Western New York.

We chose this DJ based on reviews and past experience at another wedding. When we started working with Chris, he was more than professional and attentive to our needs. We did a multicultural wedding, (Half Indian) and they nailed it even through they have never done an Indian event before. Our DJ, Mike, was very good from start to finish. He was also very professional and energetic and kept the dance floor going. We wouldn't recommend anyone else for your event whether it is a wedding or social event. Whirlin' Disc Sound is top of their game and is one of the best services in Western New York.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Michelle Schurr · Married on 05/17/2019

Excellent experience

Whirlin Disc came highly recommended from the management team at our wedding reception venue - we now know why. Chris Garvey and his team are excellent - we couldn't have been happier with their services. Our experience began with a an initial consultation to get to know each other and to share our vision for our special day. Chris guided us through the process through a series of thoughtful questions and helped us develop and agenda and timeline. He then gave us a few weeks to digest and to reconvene - to fine tune things, including finalization of the timeline/agenda, wedding song, etc. Chris also provided very tasteful lighting to create an appropriate ambiance in the room and assigned a perfect DJ for the style and tempo of our reception (Jarrod Fink). Jarrod performed brilliantly. Tasteful selections during wedding precession and recession, cocktail hour, dinner, and post-dinner dance time. Jarrod was punctual, professional, polite and well spoken as he guided us through the events of the evening. Although we intended to be a conservative group, as the drinks started to flow and the music played, we ended up really getting into it and truly enjoying ourselves. I highly recommend Whirlin Disc - they exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Whirlin' Disc Sound 7
  • Marney

Marney · Married on 04/27/2019

One of the best wedding DJs we’ve ever seen

Working with Whirlin’ Disc was an absolute pleasure. Chris was so professional and always available to answer our questions; he went as far as to look up individual songs to make sure they had the correct versions on their playlist (including our specifically curated seating music). Mark was our DJ for the wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with his work. He even took the time to videotape all of our friends dancing to one of our favorite songs when he noticed our photographers were gone for the evening. We would definitely recommend Whirlin’ Disc to friends and family.

Sent on 05/06/2019

Emily Zielinski · Married on 03/23/2019

March 23rd Wedding

My husband & I would recommend Whirlin’ Disc to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding. They were incredibly quick to respond and helpful in answering all of our questions. Joe was our DJ for the night and he was fantastic! He was a great MC and kept the party going until the very end. I can’t say enough great things about them! Incredible value and service.

Sent on 04/07/2019

Amanda Jackson · Married on 03/02/2019

Great DJ! Highly recommend

We hired whirlin disc sound for our wedding on 3/2/19. From the very beginning, Chris made us feel so comfortable and really listened to what we wanted. He was super responsive and all the staff from whirlin disc was highly professional. However, what really won over my partner and I, was his similar taste in music. My partner and I are so happy that we chose them for our special day, and would recommend them in a heartbeat. In fact, we have to several people, including my brother and strangers at wedding shows. Now let's talk about our dj. We had DJ Jarrod Fink, who kept out our guests on the dance floor all night. He took requests, and did an excellent job feeling out the room. We had a little hiccup before our wedding, where our original dj hurt his back and was unable to be there. However, Chris was straight forward with us, empathetic, and highly responsive in helping to find us a replacement who was already caught up with all of our preferences, song choices, order of the announcements/day, and called us right away to make sure the transition was smooth. Due to this change, Chris even stopped by our wedding to make sure we were satisfied with everything. From start to finish, whirlin disc helped to make our day something to top. Thank you for all your hard work whirlin disc! We are happy to be 2 more of your groupies.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Taylor · Married on 02/09/2019

Whirlin’ Disk Sound was the perfect fit for our wedding!

Chris at Whirlin’ Disk Sound was absolutely an amazing help throughout the entire wedding planning process and even on the day of!! We could not recommend anyone better to utilize on such a big occasion. Chris was so patient and responsive to any questions we had. The quality of equipment used, the up-lighting as well as the music played were exactly what we wanted and needed to make our day even more special.

Sent on 02/28/2019

Tiffany · Married on 01/12/2019

Absolutely amazing!

The DJ was fantastic! He got everyone out on the dance floor early, read the crowd well and kept the party going! The photo booth employees were very personable and nice to everyone that wanted to use the booth, including the people that went up over and over. The quality of the pictures from the booth were great as well.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Jennifer Hankin · Married on 12/21/2018

Hired a vendor and made two new friends

I am not sure I can write a review that can capture the amazing job that Chris and Kyle did for our wedding on December 21, 2018. There really are no words that I can write that can do it justice. One of the things that can make or break a reception is the music and the DJ is the puppet master of the tunes. Well I can tell you, he definitely made the night a fantastic, fabulous and memorable one! We could not have chosen a better DJ to work with. The music he played got EVERYONE on the dance floor and kept most of them there all night long. They were requesting songs and he was playing them. He was attentive, polite and interactive to everyone. Not to mention respectful.
    Every last thing that we asked for, they provided for us and then some. Working with him and Whirlin Disc wasn’t really work; it was more like having a friend DJ my wedding and not a total stranger! They were so easy to work with from start to finish. We had such an amazing time with no stress or worries that we are thinking of doing this again next year (the party not the wedding)!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Kelsey Cole · Married on 12/21/2018

Whirlin’ Disc was a hit

We got married at La Galleria on 12/21/18. From start to finish, our experience with Whirlin’ Disc was wonderful. We worked with Chris to coordinate everything up until the day of the wedding. He even came to our venu to make sure everything went smoothly. You can tell that he is a man who truly cares about his customers. Our DJ Mike was awesome. He was the one that kept everything running on time and gave me and my husband cues on what we should be doing when to ensure that the timing worked out. He checked in with us throughout the night to make sure everything was to our liking and that we were doing ok. Our guests had a great time and many of them gave the highest compliments to the DJ. I can’t imagine our night without Whirlin’ Disc and I highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Katie · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding DJ

We had a Mike Klis as our DJ he was absolutely phenomenal. Mike made sure everything was always running smooth. When we first arrived at The Grapevine we had a few changes, Mike took note and just kept things rolling.

Everything from working with Chris, the owner to the final song(s) of the night was absolutely perfect. I would highly recommend Whirlin Disc to anyone.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Claire · Married on 10/27/2018

Fun DJ who knew how to read the room

The time we spent working with Whirlin disc was well worth it for our wedding day! They met us multiple times in advance to make sure they knew what we wanted and that they were the ones who could give it to us. We even got a call from our DJ a few days before the wedding to make sure he knew our timeline well and all special requests we had (he also did a great job delivering a funny dance request!). Overall they were the perfect choice and I can’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/21/2018
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 10/19/2018

Danced All Night

Whirlin Disc Sound is an excellent choice for a DJ for any special event! Chris, the owner, is very helpful, accommodating, and great at communicating during the wedding planning process. My husband and I had Jared from Whirlin Disc as our DJ for our wedding and he was fantastic. He not only provided our music for the ceremony, but he kept the dance floor full all night at the reception. He made sure to play our requested songs and the music geared toward what our guests liked. We were so happy with our experience with Whirlin Disc Sound. I highly recommend Whirlin Disc for weddings or any special event!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Julia · Married on 10/13/2018

Country wedding- Dj Kyle

Had Dj Kyle at my country theme wedding and he rocked it! The dance floor was non stop all night! If you want the best dance night of your life these guys are your guys!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

Whirlin' Disc went above and beyond for our big day and was the BEST vendor of them all! I highly recommend Whirlin' Disc to anyone looking for great value & service, along with a great price. If we ever are in need of a DJ - we will definitely go back to them!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Claudia · Married on 09/28/2018

Being that we DJ weddings ourselves, we knew without question Whirlin was the only one to spin for us!! Mark Grimaldi was our DJ. He was phenomenal!! Very organized, super easy to work with, followed our list exactly as we asked, kept us on our timeline, adapted to the last minute changes we threw at him without missing a beat! Our dance floor was packed from start to finish!! Chris the owner did our uplights and he took our venue from stunning to magical! He knew exactly where to place the uplights & what colors they should be. Our pictures look incredible because of these uplights!! If you are hesitating getting uplights, get them...they make a tremendous difference!! Thank you Chris & Mark!! Our wedding was so much fun!! We literally danced the night away!! We knew you guys would bring it!! Whirlin ROCKS!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Roberta · Married on 09/22/2018

Our experience with Whirlin’ Disc in planning our son’s wedding reception was nothing but positive, and I would recommend them without reservation. From the initial phone call to the playing of the last song, everyone we dealt with was professional. Phone calls were returned almost immediately...every request we had was handled...our DJ went above and beyond and created a fun atmosphere for our guests. We were so happy with how the evening went!

Sent on 10/03/2018