Whimsey Florals Reviews

Whimsey Florals 5
Whimsey Florals 6
  • Cortney

Cortney · Married on 06/08/2019

Hire Diane! She is absolutely wonderful.

I gave Diane a very vague idea of what we wanted for florals for our wedding at Orfila Winery and she came up with the most beautiful floral decorations, gold frames and floating candles I have ever seen. I have already recommended her to all of my friends getting married in San Diego! Everything about working with Diane was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Logan · Married on 11/10/2018

Gorgeous!!

Diane was great to work with and really added that special touch to our wedding reception. The arrangements she created were simply beautiful. She really listened to us and brought our vision of simple elegance to life. We're so grateful we found her. Would highly recommend Whimsey Florals for any event!!

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Whimsey Florals 7
    Whimsey Florals 8

Dani · Married on 09/14/2018

If you are looking for a florist that will bring your vision to life, I highly, highly recommend contacting Whimsey Florals. My fiancé and I live out of the country and we contacted several florists in San Diego (where the wedding was) for quotes and just to get a general sense of their work. Diane and her daughter from Whimsey Floral were AMAZING! Diane responded instantly to my inquiries and started planning. Diane was willing to work with me via email which was so appreciated and helpful. The day of the big day (9/14/18), Diane and her daughter absolutely nailed the wedding florals. I was absolutely amazed and how detail oriented they were and how beautiful everything turned out. So to the Whimsey Florals team, thank you. I can't find the right words to let you know how much we appreciated you guys!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Sara · Married on 09/02/2018

I found Diane through our wedding coordinator at The Crossings and all the flowers turned out absolutely gorgeous on my wedding day. She is one of their top recommended florists and for a good reason! Diane is amazing to work with. When I first met up with Diane, I had an idea of my colors and what type of floral arrangements I wanted/needed. I showed her my pinterest pins and she was able to build off my ideas and suggest flowers and plants that worked so well together.

One of the best things about Diane for a bride that is on a budget is that she has beautiful centerpieces and decorations that you can rent -- and they aren't expensive at all! It made wedding planning so much easier not having to worry about buying additional decorations for my place card table, guest book table, gift table, or dessert table. AND she picks the rental pieces back up for you at the end of the night so that is another thing a busy bride doesn't need to worry about :)

And of course the price! Diane produces AMAZING work for what she charges. She does not skimp at all. She went above and beyond what I requested and my wedding day turned out absolutely gorgeous because of her amazing floral arrangements.

If you do go with Diane, please ask her about Heliotrope for Hospice. They are a company that recycles flowers from events and arranges them so that it is a nice surprise and delight for those at the Hospice. It's completely free and I couldn't think of a better way to brighten someone's day.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Nikki · Married on 06/16/2018

Best Ever Florals

I can't say enough about Diane at Whimsey Florals. I knew from our first calls that she was listening carefully to my vision; she had such a deep knowledge of flowers. We went through Pinterest boards and she could name every stem. She gave great advice about what would be in season, what would stay hardy throughout the wedding day, how to meet our budget goals, and what to avoid. The terrariums she made for us were out of this world. Our guests could not stop commenting. I knew she'd "get it right," but I couldn't believe until I got to my venue how much she'd went above and beyond. I could look at the florals forever. My bouquet was perfect. I could not be happier. Thank you, Diane!

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Whimsey Florals 9
    Whimsey Florals 10

Arlene · Married on 10/06/2017

Diane and her team were LOVELY to work with! From the very beginning she worked with our budget and never pressured us into doing more than we wanted! Communication was seamless throughout the entire planning process. When the big day came, the flowers were gorgeous and exactly what we envisioned. If we had to do it all over again, we would without a doubt use Whimsey Florals!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Milu · Married on 09/16/2017

Diane was absolutely amazing to work with for my wedding!! From our very first conversation, she was very professional and very quick to respond back to my many emails. Planning a wedding out of state was difficult but Diane made it very easy for us! She did an amazing job with every little detail. I sent her images of what I wanted, and she did just that. She was very knowledgeable about what would look great and did such an amazing job. I would recommend her for anyone looking for a florist!!

Sent on 10/25/2017
    Whimsey Florals 11
    Whimsey Florals 12

Hannah · Married on 07/30/2017

Diane was an absolute dream florist for my wedding on 7/30/17. She was recommended to us by our venue, and we were thrilled with her work! We met with her in person to discuss options, pricing, etc., and Diane was super knowledgeable about flowers that would work within our budget and would give us the earthy, natural look we were going for at our wedding. She was also way better priced than any other quote I received. When it came to the actual wedding day, her florals took my breath away!! The centerpieces were perfect, my bouquet was gorgeous, and the flower crowns for me and my bridesmaids were exquisite. Everyone kept remarking on how beautiful all the florals were. Not to mention, Diane is super sweet and so easy to work with. Go with Whimsey Florals, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2016

Whimsey was recommended to us by my day-of coordinator who has worked with them many times. Upon meeting Diane at her beautiful home I knew she was the one who could make my day look beautiful. I definitely had a budget and she was able to work within it and offer suggestions. Never once did she try to make me spend extra money. My wedding was a little difficult because I had a mixed gender bridal party. Through great communication we got all the ribbon colors, bouquets and boutonnière's to coordinate and create a seamless flow. I used colors and photos to give her the theme I was looking for and she matched it. My bouquet came out beautiful along with the eleven centerpieces around lanterns, flowers on all cocktail tables, two boxes of babies breath for my place cards and more. At this age, my friends and I have been in A LOT of weddings. One of my bridesmaids said "These are by far the prettiest flowers I have seen of any wedding I have been in."

On the day of, Jamie, Diane's daughter delivered the bouts and bouquets to my hotel and set-up the entire venue. They also left fresh flowers for my cake lady.

Whimsey was affordable and made my wedding exactly what I had envisioned. I have learned that the flowers are one of the most important pieces of the wedding.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Nazli · Married on 09/10/2016

I'm gonna start by saying that when Diane dropped off my bouquet at the hotel, I was speechless! It was exactly what I wanted, but even more beautiful than I could have imagined. The first time I met with Diane I really didn't know much about flowers, I showed her some pictures and she kept suggesting flowers and I had to look them up online to see what they looked like, but somehow she just got my vision. She is very sweet and pleasant to work with and always quick to respond to emails. The day of the wedding, once I got to the venue and saw all the flowers I was just amazed! They looked just breathtaking and beautiful. She exceeded my expectations, and I feel so lucky that Diane was part of my wedding day.

Sent on 09/14/2016
  • OliviaReynolds

Olivia · Married on 09/03/2016

I absolutely LOVED my flowers and centerpieces from Whimsey Florals. Wow did Diane and team do such an amazing job. The corsages and boutonnieres were elegant, the bridesmaid’s bouquets were absolutely gorgeous, my bouquet was so beautiful, the ceremony flowers were perfect and the reception was just gorgeous. The arrangements were absolutely stunning and really helped to bring everything together in the ballroom. Diane was so easy to work with. She and I met a few times to go over everything and she offered excellent advice on seasonal beautiful flowers in my budget. She also had great ideas for our centerpieces and was so thrilled with how everything turned out. Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, a day that will forever be special, and Whimsey Florals was a huge part of that beauty. We were so glad they were a part of our day!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Katie · Married on 03/19/2016

Diane was amazing! When we met with Diane, I had very little idea as to what I wanted for flowers. I had some pictures but still wasn't sure. When the flowers were delivered they were everything I wanted but couldn't describe! The bouquets were perfect. Throughout the whole process Diane was professional and her prices were fair and affordable. We kept changing the number of flowers that would be needed for grandparents and Diane remained helpful and flexible. I would highly recommend Whimsey Florals. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/16/2016

Jesse · Married on 11/07/2015

We feel really lucky that we found Diane and Jaime with Whimsey Florals. From the first meeting we knew me made the right choice. Not only were they polite and professional, but we admired how thorough and creative they were. We had general ideas about the elements we wanted in our arrangements, but they embraced and expanded it in ways we didn't even think about. That first meeting was very active, with Jaime and my soon-to-be wife comparing Pinterest pages with design ideas.

Jaime managed everything on the day of, and she did an excellent job. From the second we sat down at our head table, my wife exclaimed at how perfectly the center pieces turned out. And at the end of the night, Jaime saved the day -- the venue was breaking down all the decorations and I was helping out, and I didn't realize we were going to use the center pieces for the Sunday brunch, so when they asked me what to do with them I told them "Oh, I guess we can throw those away". Well Jaime popped out of nowhere and said "Wait, those are for the brunch tomorrow!" Good save, Jaime! Would have been an inauspicious way to start a marriage.

In summary, Diane and Jaime are great at what they do, very responsive via e-mail, reasonably priced and they're just plain nice people. And we loved working with them!

Sent on 12/07/2015

Breanna · Married on 11/06/2015

I was lucky enough to witness Diane's work in person at a Bridal Showcase being held at my wedding venue, The Crossings at Carlsbad. Her work was stunning, her pricing reasonable, and she was SO easy to talk to. She had a great deal in place for booking through the showcase. We met in person and discussed ideas, she was very open and honest about pricing differences of various flowers, designs, etc. After the first invoice she easily made adjustments at my request. The final meeting and mockups left me speechless and so comfortable with my choice in her. She dressed the venue beautifully and everything turned out beyond my expectations. She even helped me pin a broach on my bouquet! Diane is the sweetest woman to work with and can accommodate any budget or decor. Without hesitation I recommend Diane for your wedding flower needs!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Erin · Married on 10/03/2015

Diane was wonderful to work with. She took my ideas and made everything beautiful! I was able to rent lanterns and boxes with floating candles/flowers for my centerpieces and they were exactly what I envisioned. She was so easy to work with and very reasonably priced. I would work with Diane again in a heartbeat. Her daughter was the one to set up and break down at the wedding, and she was great as well. The flowers arrived on time the day of the wedding, and were absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Betsy · Married on 08/21/2015

Diane and Jaime are the perfect duo. I didn't think twice when it came to my wedding day and flowers and choosing Whimsey Florals. From the first meeting to our last, everything was wonderful. I wish I could post a picture so everyone can see the talent these two women have with flowers. I wanted "flowy" arrangements and they created my dream. My wedding flowers ended up being better than I could have imagined and I have Whimsey Floral to thank! You cannot go wrong with these two ladies. I highly recommend to all!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Amy · Married on 05/16/2015

Diane is amazing. You can tell she has been doing this for years. Her prices are affordable and you get an amazing product for much lower than her competitors. I really liked working with and she had wonderful ideas which came to life beautifully. A number of my guests commented on the amazing flowers and I knew it was because Diane picked amazing flowers and arranged everything perfectly. I would recommend her to any of my friends.

Sent on 07/11/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/09/2015

Diane did a fabulous job. I didn't even have the slightest clue what I wanted, and she helped me every step of the way.

Sent on 07/15/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/29/2014

DO NOT! I REPEAT! DO NOT! even think about going with another florist! DIANE is the best of the best out there! She is such a caring, gentle soul and genuinely cares. From start to finish, she listens to what you want, works within your budget, goes above and beyond and is a true perfectionist! Diane is so experienced and is honest with what will look good and work and what won't. She truly has a passion for her skill and you can see she does it for the love of it. She is amazing!!!!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Kristin · Married on 10/11/2014

Diane is absolutely wonderful to work with. She clearly has a ton of experience with floral arrangements for weddings. I didn't know the first thing about flowers--but thankfully Diane was incredible and was able to walk me through everything. She was responsive to all of my emails and was patient with me through several rounds of changing my mind. On our wedding day, I was absolutely stunned at how beautiful the arrangements were. It far exceeded my expectations! Diane went above and beyond to make the flowers for our wedding absolutely perfect. I am so grateful that I had her as my florist and would highly recommend her to any bride! Thank you Diane!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Shelly · Married on 08/02/2014

I absolutely loved my experience working with Diane at Whimsey Florals. She is so talented and honestly one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She made this part of my wedding planning process so easy and my flowers looked absolutely beautiful! I had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted and she totally got it and took it to the next level. We worked together on gathering elements for my centerpieces and she was open to every idea I had and gave me some great ideas as well. She was so flexible with scheduling appointments and took the time to meet with me quite a few times, even at my venue to plan out the scheme of the day. She was the first florist I met with and that was all it took. She is very reasonably priced and is willing to work within your budget. She is upfront, honest and just a joy to work with. I would recommend Whimsey Florals to anyone looking for a talented florist who goes the extra mile to make your wedding day everything you want it to be and more!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/24/2014

Diane was absolutely amazing!! She has been in the flower business for a long time and it is obvious! We met at her house with some ideas in mind and she recommended stuff she thought we would like, as well as showed us examples of flowers she had in house. She was also very honest about what was in season when we were getting married which was appreciated. The floral bouts/bouquets/arrangements at our wedding were stunning and exactly what I was thinking and hoping for!! We even had a miscommunication on the big day as to the time we needed delivery and Diane made it all work so we were still on time. Thank you so much Diane for your amazing work and wonderful personality.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Stephanie · Married on 03/22/2014

Diane and her daughter Jamie were absolutely amazing! I was having a really hard time finding a florist who understood my vision and was within my budget. My wedding planner recommended Whimsey Florals and I cannot say enough good things about Diane! She really listened to my ideas and made some wonderful recommendations, which she executed beautifully! Our arrangements were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted. Diane was so easy to work with right from the beginning. She is so friendly and you can tell she just loves what she does and it shows in her work. Diane and Jamie were such a pleasure to work with and would I highly recommend them as a florist!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Jourdanne · Married on 11/02/2013

Diane was such a pleasure to work with. We were so happy with the way the flowers enhanced our wedding decor and how beautiful the bouquets came out.

Sent on 11/30/2013

Shannon · Married on 10/26/2013

Diane is Awesome!!! I can't say enough positive things about Diane and Whimsay Florals.
    We were looking for someone that really understood our vision, but was reasonably priced….and Diane was the perfect person. Her estimate was at least a 1,000 dollars less than everyone else's and not one bit of quality was sacrificed. She was easy to contact and always responded quickly to any of our questions or requests. On our wedding day, Diane delivered all of our flowers right on time and set up everything exactly as we asked. Our ceremony was at the wedding bowl and we rented the chupah and Diane decorated it with the curly willow and orchids. It was beautiful. For the reception at the Hilton in Mission Bay, Diane was so amazing in collaborating our glass candle hurricanes with her wonderful arrangements. The reception arrangements really "made the room" and everything was exactly as we imagined. ( I wish I could attach pictures!) Diane was one of my favorite vendors. I would highly recommend Whimsay Florals for any event and completely trust Diane with executing exactly what you want!

Sent on 12/02/2013