Whim Hospitality Reviews

Whim Hospitality 5
  • Savannah

Savannah · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding Rentals

Whom was amazing! They delivered everything that I needed the day before the wedding and came to pick it all up the next day. They were very easy to work with. We did everything by email, and they responded in a timely manner each time. They were also very patient with me, as I am very indecisive!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Whim Hospitality 6

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Savannah, it was such a joy to be a part of your big day and bring your vision to life. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Rachael · Married on 03/08/2019

Beautiful Rentals

I got married and Camp Lucy Sacred Oaks and Whim hospitality made all my rental dreams come true. Everything was even better than what I envisioned! So many guests complimented the venue and decor. I even had multiple people ask me about having a family member have their wedding at Camp Lucy with similar rentals! I could not be more happy with the way everything turned out. I can't wait to see pictures!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Rachael, we are so glad that we were able to be a part of your special day. It was. a joy to make your dreams come true. We look forward to working with you (and your family) again in the future!

Emily · Married on 02/24/2019

Easy to work with

Whim is so easy to work with and provides excellent service! Please note that the rentals may be a little more expensive if you request them to be dropped off/set up during a specific window of time

Sent on 03/13/2019

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Emily, we are so glad that your experience was easy and excellent. It was a joy to work with you! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Eileen · Married on 11/03/2018

One stop shop

Between their catering department, table setting and tents, all divisions we worked with were wonderful! Honest, communicative, budget friendly and thoughtful. We couldn't decide on a tent just in case for rain and the tents division let us extend our decision to get one or not so he could save us money. Truly a great team.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Eileen, thank you for the kind words about our teams. It is such a joy to be able to provide great service and wonderful products to our couples. Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day.

Kristen · Married on 09/07/2018

I loved my experience with Whim. I was super into the Chameleon chairs they have, which is the main reason I decided to go with them. At my final design meeting at their office Jennifer had a table setup exactly how it’d be set up at my wedding! She even switched different linens for me 3 times! I’m a wedding planner in Austin, so I’ve worked with several rental companies before. Jennifer Anthony is the first manager/sales person I’ve ever seen show up at the venue the day of the wedding. It’s almost always just the delivery drivers/set up crew, so I was very impressed by this. She is so easy to get along with, and was very accommodating throughout the entire process. We were also trying to dodge the rain on our wedding day, and just days before the wedding I was back and forth with her trying to figure out what the latest time possible would be for them to deliver. This was a moment I started to feel a little bit of bridezilla come on, but Jennifer continued to work with me so easily. 5 star employee, 5 star company. Thanks for everything guys, I’m so happy with it all!

Sent on 09/17/2018

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Kristen, thank you so much for the kind words. It was such a joy to be a part of your wonderful day. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you again in the future!

Bailey · Married on 11/04/2017

We used Whim Hospitality for our reception decor and they were responsible for our beautiful table settings! They provided such wonderful service and offered to order items for me if they didn't have them in stock. Their selection pulled our elegant bohemian reception look together and I am just obsessed with my detail photos from the wedding. Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Bailey, thank you for taking the time to review us! It was a joy to be a part of your special day. We are thrilled we were able to provide an exceptional level of service and products to complete your look!

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2017

I could not have been happier with my experience working with the Whim teams! The Florals department worked extra hard to find the flowers & greenery that I wanted for my bouquet, and their Rentals team had linens custom-made so that they would fit perfectly on the guest tables. Everything was just phenomenal!

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Whim Hospitality 7
    Whim Hospitality 8
    Whim Hospitality 9

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are thrilled you were so pleased with your experience. It was a joy to be a part of your day!

Amber · Married on 07/22/2017

We absolutely loved working with Whim Hospitality! Having all of our vendors able to work together with our venue was a huge time saver and convenience, and they were able to give us the most perfectly beautiful day! We couldn't have hoped for more. Everyone was so friendly and easy to work with, and they were lal patient and helpful as we designed our perfect day. The details in the florals were perfect and beautiful, the rentals met our needs perfectly, and the food was absolutely delicious. We couldn't have chosen better! Our guests continue to tell us what a beautiful day it was and how wonderful the food was, and we couldn't agree more!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Amber,
    Thank you for taking the time to review Whim Hospitality and leaving us this glowing review! We are so thrilled that you had such a great experience at Whim. Congrats! We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Lottie · Married on 07/01/2017

Whim is incredible. Particularly Laura Campbell!! She went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! We highly recommend their team!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Lottie,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to review Whim Hospitality, and leaving us 5 stars! We are so happy to have been a part of your event.

Jane · Married on 12/31/2016

I was talking to many tent vendors for an Austin wedding. The wedding was taking place on New Year's Eve and the tent was attached to the South Congress Hotel. I wanted to make sure that both the ballroom and the tent were protected from cold, rain, and wind. The other tent vendors when they finally understood what I wanted to do withdrew from participating, they said that could not meet my expectations. Not, Laura Campbell, at Whim Hospitality. She worked hard to brainstorm how this could work and came up with the perfect solution to protect us. We ended up having unexpectedly beautiful weather of 75 degrees and even though we had planned for the worst, she recognized that we no longer needed the heating, the operator for the heating, and the exit doors and refunded me immediately. We had a clear tent with bistro lights and garlands of greenery in the roof of the tent. We used the tent for the ceremony and than had it flipped to dinner tables and a bar. The tent looked spectacular and looked like a custom tent for the space. I love Whim Hospitality. Here is a company that is not afraid of solving problems and they solve them with no drama. It is a very ethical, reliable, and creative company.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Jane, we are overjoyed that we were able to be accommodating and provide you with all that you imagined. We are so happy that your experience with our team members was one to remember and even more importantly that your event turned out to be spectacular. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and for all of your kind words. We truly appreciate it.

Kim · Married on 09/17/2016

Working with Whim was one of the easiest experiences of all vendors for my pro wedding shoot at my new farm venue in Dripping Springs. I mostly spoke with Jan who was extremely flexible, fair and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Whim for your rental needs.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Kim, thank you so much for recommending others to work with us, we appreciate it! We are also thrilled that your experience with us was smooth! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we cannot wait to work with you more!

Brielle · Married on 06/19/2016

I LOVED working with Whim! I personally worked with Alyssa Lytle for my floral designs and she delivered! She took her time to completely understand my vision from what I told her and shared with her on Pinterest and recreated it in real life! My husband and I, along with our guests, were blown away with how magical, bohemian, whimsical and romantic the floral and greenery were from the arch to the bouquets and table scape. It was a pleasure to work along with Alyssa and the rest of the Whim staff and I'm so thankful we chose them!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Brielle, thank you so much for sharing your experience working with our floral design team. We are so happy that you loved working with our teams. We are even happier that your vision was brought to life! Thank you again for sharing with us, we truly appreciate it.

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2016

I got married at Camp Lucy, and it would not have been the same without all of Whim's services. All of the staff (bartenders, servers, management, coordinators, chef, florists, rentals, etc). were professional, enjoyable, organized, and above and beyond. The catering was the best catering I could have chosen. Lauren with catering made the whole process enjoyable. The hors d'ouerves were incredible and the dinner was excellent! The plated salads before the dinner buffet was an excellent touch to keep your guests impressed and happy. Alyssa with florals truly captured the image I created in my head and made it even more than I could have imagined. The peonies she used in my bouquet were absolutely incredible. I chose all white flowers with greenery for my wedding, and not a single flower had any brown on it or looked wilted (which is very easy with white). Alyssa and the rest of florals did an amazing job. Our tall arrangements were so elegant and looked better than any picture I could find. Luke Johnston with rentals was amazing at helping me decide which items to choose. He offered suggestions that I wouldn't have even considered, but made the whole space tie together beautifully. Even billing and management was an organized and simple process making it pleasant and stress-free, especially our on-site manager Sabrina Read. Also, I cannot praise Kristen White enough for her outstanding job providing day of coordination. Not only did she make sure everything and everyone was on the same page, but she also contacted all of my vendors a month before the wedding to make sure that things were in order. She did WAY more than a typical day of coordinator, and without her, my day would not have been the same. Our guests are still raving about how amazing the wedding was, and I can only thank Whim for that!!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Whim Hospitality's reply:

Hi Rachel, we are just so overjoyed that all of the Whim services were able to make your special day even better! We are thrilled that Catering was able to provide you with amazing food for your wedding and that Alyssa was able to make your all white flower vision come true beautifully. We are even happier that all of the pieces fell together for you! Thank you for all of your kind words about our services! We wish you only the best!

Madeline · Married on 04/29/2016

I really can't say enough about how happy we were with all of our florals and candles Whim provided for our April wedding. I worked with Alyssa and had a pretty specific vision of what I was wanting, and she saw that vision from the very beginning and worked well within our budget to make it happen! We honestly did not have to do much because Camp Lucy Sacred Oaks is the most beautiful venue as-is, but the outdoor arch was just the most amazing thing. It was breathtaking and I literally teared up when I saw it. During the ceremony, I was distracted at one point because I looked up and there were three monarch butterflies fluttering around the flowers and I swore I was in a dream.

The bridesmaids bouquets, the grandma/mom's flowers, the centerpieces, the candles, the twinkly lights, the candelabras, the boutonnieres, and the special arrangement to honor loved ones who had passed - everything was perfect and we received so many compliments. We couldn't have asked for a better experience and the staff was a joy to work with.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Hi Madeline,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. We loved working with you and are so pleased that we were a part of your special day. We at Whim wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 04/04/2016

Our coordinator worked with us directly for all of our rentals so I did not work with anyone directly. When we visited the showroom, it was great to be able to set up mock tables by using their dishes. silverware, linens, etc. We made some last minute changes to our proposal a few weeks prior to our event and they seemed very quick to updates. They have a nice selection of dishes, silverware, tables, chairs, etc.. and we were able to select exactly what we were wanting. I personally think the cost was a little high because every item was À la carte but in the end that could be beneficial to those who only need a few pieces and not entire sets. We selected a large dinner plate, water glasses, iced tea glasses, forks, knives, table linens, and ottomans. We decided to bring our own plastic cake plates and plastic forks for the cake table to save $. We were very satisfied for the items we rented.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Hi Angela,

thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are so pleased that we were able to help make your wedding relaxing and stress free! Congratulations!
  • Heather L.

Heather · Married on 04/02/2016

Luke Johnston was absolutely great. He helped me decide what I needed for my wedding and was great with handling updates I made as I went. They delivered everything on time and our wedding was beautiful!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Whim Hospitality's reply:

The Whim team is so happy that we were able to deliver a higher level of service for your special day! Thank you for choosing Whim for your day and for the kind words!

Morgan · Married on 08/29/2015

Whim Event Rentals took care of every detail for our wedding at Camp Lucy. Meeting with their employees made us feel like we picked the perfect place for our linens and dishes. Their location had so many options on display and allowed us to mix and match to make sure we knew what we wanted. The linens and plate chargers were beautiful details for the reception. I changed the linens for cocktail hour about a week before, no problem. Everyone who helped with our big day did a great job. My emails were answered daily and everything was prepared before we even arrived. Whim Rentals employees are very helpful and friendly. They took my vision and made it even more than I could ask for! We cannot thank y'all enough!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Connie · Married on 05/16/2015

Rented linens, tables & chairs from this vendor for a wedding on 5/16/15. Great selection to choose from

Sent on 05/20/2015

Laura · Married on 04/18/2015

Whim Rentals provided the most beautiful farmhouse tables and chairs. They were so wonderful to work with. Not only did they answer all my questions but they were very timely and let me forward all communication onto family members when I needed help and they did not miss a beat! Thank you so much, Whim, for giving me my dream wedding with your beautiful rentals and great communication!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Heather · Married on 03/29/2015

I loved using Whim Event Rentals! They made everything so easy. From plates to silverware to a photobooth - their service was top notch! Everything was beautiful and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Jacqulyn · Married on 03/21/2015

On short notice, Mattie at Whim was able to supply our needs for the reception. And, all items were much less than a competitor that had been referred to us.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Adina · Married on 01/10/2015

Whim was super easy to work with. My fiance and I went in, looked around, and then were helped by their staff who took notes on what we were needing and wanting. They then sent me the rental form with everything we wanted listed with the pricing. As we got closer to the day, we were able to change the order as needed. They delivered everything earlier than said (which was great!) and it was exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Kelsey · Married on 10/25/2014

We rented a Sperry Tent from Whim for our ranch wedding last month. Whim was great to work with from the start, and Clay specifically, was very honest and helpful. He met us at the site (over 3 hours away), helped us pick a flooring option, and kept it within our budget. They were wonderful to work with and would recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful tent!

Sent on 11/09/2014

M · Married on 08/31/2014

We used Whim Rentals for my daughter's wedding at Camp Lucy and they were so easy to work with. They have a good selection and let us change up some things months after. Loved the sequin table runners we used for the head tables! I highly recommend Whim Rentals.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Leah · Married on 07/11/2014

Whim Florals did a fantastic job on the floral decor and arrangements set up for our wedding day!! I couldn't have asked for a better floral company to work with. Kari at Whim is my hero!! She was extremely flexible, honest, creative, caring and amazing at her job! Picking out the entire theme of your wedding can become stressful but in working with Kari & her team they put me at ease in knowing everything was going to turn out absolutely beautiful- and it did!! With that said, they were extremely knowledgable about what specific flowers to choose for the season. We got married at Camp Lucy-Ian's Chapel and what a blessing that was too to have the florist on site! I would highly recommend Whim Florals for ANY occasion!! You're going to love the outcome! :)

Sent on 09/11/2014