Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) Reviews

134 | Honolulu, HI

134 Reviews for Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked)

Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) 1
Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) 2
Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) 3
Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) 4
Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) 5
Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) 6

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2018

Look no further

Sarah and her girls are extremely professional, responsive, and talented.
    My experience with booking was seamless and handled entirely by Sarah. Although Sarah did not actually do the hair and makeup on the day, she organised everything and made the whole process so easy.
    The price is very fair for the services provided, especially by Honolulu standards. I paid for hair and makeup for 7.
    The makeup and hair was done beautifully and they really paid attention to what each girl wanted.
    The trial a few days before was also very helpful, and it was so convenient that they came to me.
    If you are looking for an affordable, easy, and amazing experience, look no further than Whik'd for your Hawaiian wedding.

Amy · Married on 06/14/2018

Sarah, you were a total blast! Thank you for the most gorgeous wedding hair and make-up. Sarah made me feel completely relaxed right from the beginning. She captured the exact look I was going for, and I walked down the aisle feeling beautiful and confident all while looking natural enough to fit in with the landscape of our outdoor event. Plus, the look lasted well into the night, which is always a bonus. I couldn't recommend Sarah and Whik'd more highly!!

Erin · Married on 01/27/2018

Sarah was AMAZING!!!! I worked with Sarah to do my bridal hair and makeup and she brought an additional 2 members of her team to help with the bridesmaid hair and makeup! Sarah was amazingly skilled and professional to work with. Sarah even helped out with the other girls to make sure they all looked their best, even when one of my girls was unsatisfied with her hair, Sarah stepped in personally to make it exactly what she wanted! I couldn't recommended Sarah and her team more! Thank you for making us all feel beautiful!!

Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) 7
    Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked) 8

Kalis · Married on 09/17/2017

I used Sarah to do the hair and makeup for our entire bridal party for our wedding at Turtle Bay in September 2017 after getting a recommendation from a friend that also got married on the island a few years ago. She recommended them without hesitation and I would do the same.

Even with changes to our bridal party, she was responsive and flexible, all the way up until the very last second. She and Alex were on time and professional....but without being stuffy or un-fun. On the real, if I lived on Oahu I would want to be friends with Sarah lol.
    As far as the results...holy cow. I am a pretty low key person in my day to day. I work in a hospital and doing my hair and makeup doesn't make a ton of sense for me all the time. I could not have been more pleased with how I looked. I felt so pretty and got complements all night long and NEVER HAD TO REAPPLY MY MAKEUP. LIKE...WTF?!?!?! I WAS DANCING, EATING, AND DRINKING...OUTSIDE. IN THE HUMIDITY. That is saying something!!

I don't have my pics back yet, but you can bet that I will be editing this entry with pictures from the day of.

Mahalo nui loa!

Kathryn · Married on 07/22/2017

Sarah and her "Whik'd" team were absolutely AMAZING!! Not only did she make me look and feel gorgeous on my wedding day but my bridal party also looked STUNNING! After a night full of dancing all of our hair and makeup stayed 100% intact thanks to their expert application, and need I mention that she uses her own makeup line that she designs herself on all of clients!!! Her services are extremely affordable for the quality they produce and she offers a discount if your bridesmaids use her services too! If for some reason they want to do their own makeup and hair, make sure as the bride Sarah is styling you because you're look INCREDIBLE on your special day!!!

Jeanette · Married on 06/21/2017

Sarah and her team did an Amazing Job!

They were wonderful and I looked stunning, I received so many complements.

My bridal party also looked amazing!

I had a beach ceremony and when we arrive the winds picked up!

Let me tell you! My hair did NOT move! It stayed in place the whole night!

I didn't need to touch up my make up at all!

Thank you ladies for everything!

Quick, arrived early, wonderful team!

Mariah · Married on 05/04/2017

Sarah and her team did a FANTASTIC job! Our whole bridal party looked absolutely amazing! Not only did they do a great job on our makeup, but they were super fun to hang out with while they did it. It rained during our reception, and was a very humid day in general. After that whole day plus dancing hard all night I was AMAZED at how perfect our makeup still looked. Even after jumping into the pool my face stayed on (though my false eyelashes did finally give up the ghost after swimming around for a bit)! Thank you ladies, you made me and my wife look and feel absolutely fantastic on our wedding day!

Lindsay · Married on 03/11/2017

I found Sarah through my wedding planner, and it was fate. Sarah and her team were AMAZING!!! She made me and my two bridesmaids look so pretty! I initially did a trial run for me and my sister - I was a little nervous about how my hair piece would hold up with my hair being down and my sister had never worn eye makeup in her life. Totally worth it, she was so awesome and accommodating. My makeup lasted all day (seriously, whatever she uses for lipstick is magic) and my hair held up!!! THANK YOU, SARAH!!!

Maggie · Married on 03/10/2017

My mom is still telling me how amazing she thought this team was - of course I agree with her! This team rocked out 6 bridesmaids, 3 family members, and my hair and makeup in 3 hours! They took their time with each of us to compliment our features and make us feel comfortable. Everyone had a natural look with enough to shine through in the photos! I wish I could upload a picture of what Sarah accomplished with my thick Hawaiian hair! I've never seen a loose, whimsical look actually stay all night long - it was perfection! After being in a dozen weddings, this team was the best value I've ever seen! Mahalo nui loa!

Lucy · Married on 10/22/2016

My goodness. Sarah and her team are amazing. So thankful to my lovely wedding planner who recommended Whik'd to me. No surprise, Sarah was her first pick. My trial at her home studio was so enjoyable and her sweet pets kept me company while Sarah worked her magic. We tried a few different things and I ended up walking out feeling like a million bucks. I had a big bridal party, 6 girls plus me and my mom so it was important to me that we would not be sitting around for 7 hours waiting for one person to do all our hair and make up. Sarah confirmed that she would come with 2 extra assistants and be all done in 3 hours which was phenomenal. They showed up right on time and were amazingly prepared. They stuck to their timeline to the minute and had all my girls feeling and looking absolutely incredible. Even my mom who never likes having her make up done was so happy with the result. Sarah is amazing. Thank you for making us all look so gorgeous and following the vision I had to the T. Lucy & Charlie 10.22.2016

Sarah and her assistant were amazing! I used her services for my wedding hair and make up, as well as my mother, maid of honor, and flower girl. I had a trial with her which I highly recommend just for your own peace of mind and to take the time to play around with hair ideas. I have long layered hair, and chose to do big relaxed wavy curls, with the sides pulled back for a soft looking half up style. I also had her add a few small white orchids to the side and it was simple and beautiful. Her make up skills are unreal! I was worried because my face had been breaking out from all the wedding stress, but the make up was flawless! Couldn't see any blemishes, and it didn't look caked on either. The make up stayed fresh through an outdoor, humid wedding, even while I was sweating in my gown, when I checked my make up it still looked awesome! I didn't have to do any touch ups or powder until later into the reception, a good 10 hours after she put it on. Same goes for my mom (who walked me down the aisle) and my maid of honor. They were stunning!

Che'mar · Married on 08/26/2016

Great, FAST service! I was a little nervous about working with Whik'd initially only because I didn't get to meet the stylist before my wedding day and wasn't sure if one stylist would be able to complete full hair and makeup for both myself and my MOH within two hours but I was pleasantly surprised and very impressed! Cedrian was my stylist and was able to complete both hair and makeup for both myself and my MOH in the short timeframe and we looked flawless! After showing Cedrian pictures of the looks we both wanted and explaining the wedding theme to her she got to work and made sure were were flawless and in my MOH's case, within her comfort zone yet wedding ready. Cedrian was also fun, funny, polite and very professional the whole way through! I'd recommend Whik'd to anyone who needs wedding day hair and makeup!

REBECA · Married on 08/10/2016

Sarah and her team are wonderful makeup artists, they are understanding, kind and professional. She worked with me to find the perfect look for my special day and was always ready to listen to my needs. The day of my trial I was late and Sarah was so kind and understanding. Then the day of the wedding I felt at ease knowing I was in good hands. When she finished with me I felt so beautiful and everyone loved my makeup! It was natural but gorgeous. Sarah has a real gift and she is a true artist! She has a great team, I greatly recommend her services!

Nicole · Married on 08/01/2016

Sarah was so easy to work with. I planned my destination wedding from Michigan, not meeting the stylists or doing any trial runs before the big day. I even changed my mind last minute and decided to put my hair up instead of leaving it down because it was so hot new humid out. Sarah didn't even bat an eye. She completed my make up and up-do to perfection and far exceeded what I imagined. Beyond that, she and her stylists efficiently and artistically completed make up and up-dos for 7+ women. I can't say enough great things and would highly recommend their services. Thank you again SO much!

Anna · Married on 07/02/2016

Sarah and her team did an amazing job for me and my bridal party. None of us really knew what we wanted, but they asked us the right questions and helped lead us to the right choices for our hair and makeup. It was a breezy and humid day but my hair did not move an inch, and the makeup stayed in place all day. Sarah, Brooke, and Serafina were also friendly and easy to talk to. I was full of nervous anxiety in the morning, but they helped me feel at ease and relaxed--it was such a great way to start the day. Thank you for everything, Whik'd Team!

Allyse · Married on 05/29/2016

Sarah was wonderful and helpful during our communication and scheduling and I was so happy to have had Jen and Serafina for my wedding day hair and makeup! My bridal party and myself were so pleased with our looks! Coming from CT we weren't able to do a trial look, but I knew from reviews that I could have confidence in them. The girls and I gave Jen and Serafina our ideas and they worked magic. I even got poured on during picture taking and my makeup didn't move a bit!!! I couldn't believe it. I just dried off my face, and looked good as new. Thank you for making us beautiful!

-Allyse (5/29/16)

Jared · Married on 05/03/2016

Planning a wedding from another state can be stressful- but as soon as I had my trial with Sarah I knew she was going to make me look absolutely flawless on my big day! Sarah and Jennifer did a great job with my whole bridal party! They were right on time and for straight to work making sure everyone had plenty of time for hair and makeup and then touch ups right before the wedding. Sarah is so sweet and she provided me with a touch up kit for the day of the wedding with powder and lipstick ! I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted my hair and when I asked her to make a bit poofier on top she said no problem! And poofed it right up! I cried during my ceremony and was worried I had mascara running down my face! But NOPE ! Completely water proof. I looked flawless all night ! Thank you Sarah for making my day absolutely perfect:)

Sarah · Married on 04/26/2016

I was very lucky to find someone the last 3 weeks leading up to my wedding to do my hair & makeup. As it was destination wedding I was very skeptical who to use in Hawaii & affordability. Jennifer Phomphakdy was wonderful to work with. Her response was fast for availability, friendly, & helpful. I got plenty of compliments on my day. Your work is amazing! Thank you Sarah C. Obringer for recommending me to her as you were not available that day.

Minna · Married on 04/25/2016

I would recommend Sarah & Jennifer from Whik'd in a heart beat! Sarah was great to deal with and made everything so easy from start to finish.
    On the day of the wedding Sarah and Jennifer arrived on time and they were so quick to make my bridesmaids, mum and mother-in-law look absolutely gorgeous. When it came to my hair and makeup, Sarah had a quick look at some photo's that I had, and she just went for it and created the exact look that I was after, I wouldn't have changed a thing!
    Apart from the perfect makeup and hair, Sarah and Jennifer were so much fun to have around on the day of our wedding, they definitely went above and beyond my expectations.

Karen · Married on 04/20/2016

We are from Northern California and decided to have a destination wedding in Hawaii. Didn't plan on going to Hawaii any time before the wedding, so about a month before my wedding I was in need of a professional hair and make up artist. And I'm so glad I followed my gut but choosing Whik'd Hair and Make-up! I emailed Sara and she was available for our Wednesday Wedding!! Thank God!!! Sara was professional and super friendly!! She did my sister and I's hair and make up. Sara was on time for our 9am start and finished at 1130ish.
    Sara did my hair first, I showed her one photo and she was able to replicate it, but even more perfect than I pictured. I have very frizzy hair and was worried about going out into the humid air of Hawaii and my hair just poofing. Sara was very knowledgeable about the products she used and seemed to be very experienced in working with my type of hair! I was so happy at the end of the night there was not a hair sticking out of place! It looked literally looked the same ALL DAY!!!
    Sara also did our make up. As someone who only wears makeup on special occasions, I was very pleased with the job she did. It was very clean, not too heavy and I was able to recognize myself!! As my hair, the makeup stayed the same all night long, even through all the sweat! She even gave me extra lipstick to touch up.
    If I could give Sara 10 stars I totally would!!

Sara was amazing. She did my hair and makeup exactly as I wanted. She did my bridesmaids hair perfect. Everyone looked amazing for my wedding. She worked so quickly and was very kind and professional. It was perfect that she came to us so we did not have to leave the property. Out of all my vendors, I was most pleased with Whik'd!

Alison · Married on 01/26/2016

Sarah was absolutely fabulous! I would recommend her to anyone!!!

I don't wear make-up and right after I got engaged my girlfriend announced that she had booked Sarah to do my hair and make-up for the wedding. I appreciated and accepted the gift but inside I had butterflies about getting professional hair and make-up. Last year I went to a girlfriend's wedding who, like me, doesn't wear make-up regularly and at the wedding, she didn't look like herself. I literally had a bad dream about fake eyelashes (which I had never worn) the week before the wedding.

My wedding day was extremely fun, happy, and a fantastic day and I think one of the reasons was because my amazing friend booked this amazing woman Sarah to make me beautiful. I told her I wanted a natural look and that I wanted my hair pulled up a little - that's all the direction I gave, no pictures, nada. She made me so so pretty - and even more important - I still looked like myself. I went through the whole day feeling okay to be the center of attention because I looked so good. I know for a fact it wouldn't have been that way if I had done it on my own or let my sister-in-law at me. I 100% wholeheartedly recommend Sarah and Whik'd Hair and Make-up for your wedding or any big-deal event.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked)'s reply:

OMG! I adore you so much! You are so beautiful and super authentic! You make my heart all fuzzy and smiley with your sweet words! Thank you so much for trusting me and bringing me into your amazingly cool day!

Julie · Married on 10/31/2015

Sarah was awesome! She did my hair and makeup exactly the way I wanted and I felt like a princess. We had great conversation and she is amazing. I would recommend her to any bride. I will remember her always. Mahalo Sarah!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Whik'd Hair and Makeup Hawaii (Wicked)'s reply:

Thank you so much Julie! You are such an amazing woman! Thank you for having be apart of your amazing day! Cheers to the NEW YEAR!!!!

Cindy · Married on 10/23/2015

Whik'd Hair and make-up were on time and fast to respond! I worked with Sarah and she emailed me quickly and was fast and setting something up for my wedding day. At first I had booked her for 5 and at the end in the last week I needed to add 2 more. It was easy to change and add the 2 additional ladies that wanted to do hair and make-up. The team did hair and make-up touch-ups and left me looking like a million bucks! My husband looked at me and said "You Look soo Beautiful!," which is exactly how you want to feel on your wedding day. The make-up was prefect and did last the whole night! My maid of honor took pictures at the end of the night and her make-up was still intact. I showed her a picture on pinterest and she was able to make my hair look exactly like the picture. Thank you for making me feel pretty and had a great time while you did my hair and make-up.