WG Special Events Coordinator Reviews

WG Special Events Coordinator 7
  • Megan

Van Smith · Getting married on 04/20/2020

Destination wedding planner

Wanda is great, working with her has definitely made my life a million times easier.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Nino Borbon · Married on 08/02/2019

Borbon wedding

Wow!!!! Ms. Wanda was such a great help in planning for our wedding 08-02-2019. She really went above and beyond of my expectations. As a guy it’s rare that we plan our wedding but working with Ms. Wanda she definitely made sure I would never stress out about anything. She had all the vendors picked out for me to choose from and they where all great vendors no complaints. The day of the wedding was a dream come true no stress no worries because she made sure everything was in order like she promised. And the decorator that she helped me picked out had our reception so beautiful I can’t describe how breathtaking it was. Overall the price she charged was not expensive at all for everything she did for us. Best investment money could buy and I know I will tell anybody that ask me do I know any wedding planner in PR. I would definitely recommend Ms. Wanda because she made gave my wife and I a beautiful day that I will never forget. Thank you again Ms. Wanda and will see you again next year for our anniversary. God bless!!!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Veronica · Married on 03/28/2019

My Dream Wedding!

Wanda is amazing from beginning to the very end!! She took care of absolutely everything!! She gave us our dream wedding plus so much more!! She was right on top of everything! She was so fast to respond to emails any time day or night! If we didn’t like something she wouldn’t stop until we were happy! On our wedding day I was pretty much stress free! She took care of it all!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Avery · Married on 12/29/2018

a dream wedding came true

Wanda Garcia truly is one of the best people we have ever met, both personality and profession wise. If it wasn’t for her, our destination wedding would have never happened. We contacted her only 6 months before the big day and she made it happen. Wanda put together a dream team for us, from caterer, officiant, makeup artist/hair stylist to photographer. Everyone exceeded our expectations. The wedding turned out perfectly, even more amazing than we thought it would be. It was a beautiful ceremony with everyone moment captured by ther talented Esteban Daniel. My makeup and hair was nothing short of perfection. The food and decor was phenomenal. Just out of this world. We couldn’t ask for anything better. Thanks so much for everything you did for us Wanda. It was the most important day of our lives and it was a day to remember.

Sent on 01/10/2019
    WG Special Events Coordinator 8
    WG Special Events Coordinator 9
    WG Special Events Coordinator 10
    WG Special Events Coordinator 11

Carolina · Married on 11/02/2018

Nothing but the best for wedding planning services!

Wanda Garcia is an absolute gem! We tried (for a very short amount of time) to plan our November 2018 destination wedding by ourselves but quickly realized that a wedding planner is important for a destination wedding. From our first communication via email to our last hug when our wedding came to a beautiful end; Wanda was there 100% of the way. She is worth it! She is easy to talk to and extremely professional. All emails/calls/texts were responded to within a timely manner. Her network of vendors provided us with exceptional services and unforgettable memories (such as DJ, Photography, Flower/Decor, Hair/Make Up, Ceremony Music and even a Cigar Roller). Wanda went above and beyond not only with providing top notch vendors but also gave great suggestions for our rehearsal dinner venue and even our honeymoon villa, Club Seabourne, in Culebra (which we highly recommend if you are getting married in Puerto Rico). Prior to our wedding, we had the opportunity to meet with Wanda in Puerto Rico. She always came prepared with an itinerary of what needed to get done - this helped us stay on track. She scheduled all meetings with our vendors, from introductions and putting a face to their names to final last minute details the week of the wedding. Wanda will never guide you wrong during the whole wedding planning/day. Wanda devotes all her efforts, time and passion to the bride and groom to make their dream wedding come true. Looking back, we appreciate the individual attention she gave each of us as the bride and groom. In times of stress, Wanda was there to calm us and reassure us that everything will be okay on our wedding day. If you decide to choose Wanda as your wedding planner, you will not be disappointed at all! Our wedding was beautiful all thanks to Wanda! :)

Sent on 12/29/2018

Amy · Married on 07/05/2018

So glad to have hired Wanda as a wedding planner. She had to work quickly because we only reached out to her 2 months before the wedding. She did some initial consulting up front advising us on locations and other arrangements. I was thinking I could do most of this on my own but then decided it would be better to have someone help. After seeing everything she did for us and every detail taken care of I am so glad we used a wedding planner. She made sure we were prepared for the marriage license process in Puerto Rico. She personally helped us get our documents when we had issues and took us to the office to get everything prepared. She had to do some last minute preparations for us and made everything effortless. Our wedding was less than 20 people but she made it amazing and everything we wanted. She guided us along the way and did everything with great attitude and joy. She was a pleasure to work with and anyone who hires her will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/13/2018
    WG Special Events Coordinator 12
    WG Special Events Coordinator 13
    WG Special Events Coordinator 14

Aysha · Married on 05/05/2018

Wanda, thank you!! Wanda was wonderful, sweet, reliable and a fantastic wedding planner. She was great at communication, helped us with vendor selection and was incredible on the wedding day. We had a very special day and we give all credit to Wanda. THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 05/12/2018

John · Married on 05/05/2018

Wanda has not just the experience, she provides a very high quality of the service. And she has passion for what she is doing. My destination wedding in Culebra was the very best time of my life. Without Wanda, my dream would not become true. Her confidence, her knowledge and her dedication will be the guarantee of your wedding. Wanda is someone you can trust and I consider her my family now. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    WG Special Events Coordinator 15
    WG Special Events Coordinator 16

Ruben · Married on 05/05/2018

Wanda is the most awesome wedding planner in all Puerto Rico. She’s responsible for organizing our amazing same sex destination wedding, which included prewedding and post wedding events, a beautiful beach ceremony, and an elegant reception under the stars. She helped us select local vendors which were of top quality, plus navigated the local legal requirements for us. She’s a totally-in-control professional, responsive, knowlegeable, caring and loving. She went above and beyond her duties, specially considering the hardships that she had to overcome due to hurricane Maria. Thanks Wanda!!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Daniel · Married on 03/04/2018

Where the heck to begin with Wanda? My wife and I joke that we wouldn’t have even had a wedding if it weren’t for her. We chose Wanda a year and a half before our wedding because she was by far the most responsive of the planners we contacted. We figured that if she was that responsive without our money, we could depend on her when she did have it. Boy were we right.

The level to which Wanda communicates is fantastic. In the beginning we had some back and forth as we figured out what kind of venue we wanted. Her knowledge of local vendors and venues is unbeatable. She knew pros and cons of every idea, and suggested many unique spots that we wouldn’t have even thought of.

When it came time to visit Puerto Rico in February 2017, Wanda had an itinerary ready for us. She made sure that we saw as much as we needed to make decisions. I don’t even know where we would have started without her. As time went on, her communication and coordination helped us feel comfortable with the people we had involved in our big day.

Then, the hurricane. Maria hit in November 2017, five months before our wedding.

Even without power and internet, Wanda still managed to squeak out an email or two, and was always focused on keeping us updated - even as we were just concerned for her own safety! We thought many times about moving the wedding out of Puerto Rico, but didn’t have a lot of time to make a decision. Wanda kept in contact with all of our vendors (we had already paid deposits as well), and reassured us that things were improving.

We decided to keep our wedding in San Juan, and wow am I glad that we did. It was absolutely gorgeous down there. Wanda took the two of us (which must have been like hearding cats), and helped us make difficult decisions on the final details. Our wedding turned out incredible. She was ready for every contingency, and as many others have said, we received many compliments about her from our guests! Thank you so much Wanda!!

Sent on 03/11/2018

Carrie · Married on 06/03/2017

From moment number one of hiring Wanda, she made our destination wedding planning easier and our overall wedding experience better! She helped us communicate with vendors, plan big ideas to little details, and most importantly, kept us calm about everything. I can't believe the attention she gave us when we arrived to Puerto Rico-- personally taking us through all the steps to get our marriage license, telling us about the history of the area and giving great recommendations of things to do and places to eat while we're in Puerto Rico. She stayed on top of all our vendors and put out small fires as needed. Wanda is AMAZING!! We couldn't imagine having had our wedding without her. Thank you, Wanda!!!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Ethyann · Married on 04/29/2017

No tengo palabras para agradecer a Wanda por hacer de mi dia uno simplemente espectacular. ¡Excelente servicio! ¡Gracias Wanda!!!

I have no words to explain the extraordinary work that Wanda did since the first day, simply spectacular. Thank you very much Wanda!

Sent on 05/01/2017
  • F

Freda · Married on 02/19/2017

If you are booking a destination wedding or are finding yourselves overwhelmed by the details of the Big Day, don't waste a single second...BOOK WANDA! We made the decision very late in our planning process to employ her services and she put everything together in a flash.

Everything we did was sight unseen because we only traveled to San Juan days before our wedding. From the cake, to the flowers, to the photographer, to the venue, to the timing...Wanda had every detail perfect. We loved the vendors that she recommended and are so glad that we could lean on her expertise.

You'll find Wanda to be professional, prompt, understanding but also firm when you might need a little push. I have no idea what would've happened had we not worked with her. I don't even want to know. Our day was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Sergio · Married on 12/17/2016

Wanda really made a difference on our big day. I wasn't sure we needed a wedding planner when my then fiancé talked me into hiring Wanda. Totally worth it!!!!!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Luisa · Married on 06/25/2016

I cannot recommend Wanda enough! She single-handedly kept me sane throughout the planning process and helped with every detail from hiring the best vendors to helping us frame our table numbers! Not only did she help us plan the wedding of our dreams, but she also went FAR beyond our expectations without hesitation. In the months leading up to the big day, she spent hours on the phone with me talking details. When it came time to hire vendors, I trusted her completely and we truly got the best of the best! At the start of our reception, a couple of the bustle buttons on my gown fell off and, of course, Wanda was completely prepared for the situation. She kept me calm, whisked me and my groom to a back room, and actually sewed the buttons back on herself! We were back on the dance floor in no time (and got to make a second entrance!) Guests were so impressed with Wanda's professionalism and commitment to making everything perfect! We've heard several guests refer to our big day as "the wedding of the century" and it would not have been possible with Wanda! We loved working with her and hiring her was easily the best decision we made. Let her make your day as magical as ours was!

Sent on 02/06/2017

I don’t know how many times while we were planning our wedding we joked (well, kind of joked) that our wedding was cursed. We tried to plan the wedding from afar without a planner, thinking that it would save us money but we really struggled and wasted a ton of time. We had everything from CDC travel advisories keeping close friends and family from attending to venues falling thru and having to change dates. We seriously considered canceling the whole thing and eloping. Then we found Wanda and she fixed it all. She had access to excellent vendors who made our event beautiful. We had our ceremony at the beautiful San Cristobal fort, which we never would have pulled off without her. Her recommendations for the florist and DJ were incredible. We also loved the musicians and minister she recommended. Most importantly, she made sure that neither of us had to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. I suspect there was a fair amount of behind the scenes drama going on but Wanda dealt with everything so that we could have a perfect carefree day. A ton of our guests commented on how great she was about making sure everything ran smoothly. She even managed to fix the polaroid camera we brought that wasn’t working. We didn’t expect her to stay for the majority of our rehearsal dinner, but she was there too, addressing any issues that came up so we could spend time with our friends and family instead of trying to deal with last minute menu issues. She was a bit rigid with us at times, but in the end the things she recommended were the things that made the wedding great. Our guests all raved about how beautiful the wedding was and Wanda was definitely the reason it happened! Further, her rates were about half of what my friends have paid in the midwest. It doesn't get much better than that.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Rachel · Married on 02/13/2016

My now husband and I hired Wanda because we were planning an overseas move and wanted local expertise because we had never visited San Juan before deciding to get married there. Wanda helped us through every aspect and made our wedding planning experience very easy. She is professional without being controlling and always willing to go above and beyond to make things happen. We had the best wedding day we could imagine and can thank Wanda for making that happen. We would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in San Juan!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Jaime · Married on 01/28/2016

My husband I and wanted to do a destination wedding and weren't exactly sure where we wanted to go. Since we are from the US, our ultimate decision was based on the ease of travel, climate (our date was January 28th) and word of mouth from other travelers, so we went with San Juan, Puerto Rico. Not one person that I spoke to had one bad thing to say about San Juan. Neither of us had been there and neither of us even spoke Spanish! We knew we would need a wedding planner! After digging through a lot of reviews Wanda was the only one that seemed to fit the task. I didn't see any complaints and everyone talked about how wonderful she was. Me, being the skeptic, thought there is no way this woman is so perfect, but she is! Wanda is on the ball, she handles details like a boss and goes above and beyond. The day before our wedding date we had to file for the license, Wanda walked with us through Old San Juan to do this and told us about the good local spots too. My husband is a big joker and she even played into his jokes. We had so much fun from the beginning stages until the very end and it's all because of Wanda. The team of people she put together were phenomenal and so pleasant to work with. Words cannot express how impressed we were with our wedding, a true dream come true. Thank you, Wanda. You are awesome!

Sent on 02/05/2016
  • I

ISABEL · Married on 12/19/2015

I didn’t know how to start this review because there are no enough words (and space here) to express mi gratitude towards Wanda. I am a Medical student so I really didn’t have a lot of free time to plan my wedding, but I also want it to be perfect. So I start looking in the Internet and I found this website and luckily Wanda. I wrote to her because of the good reviews and as soon I read her response I wanted to hire her. I was not in PR so my mother and mother in law meet her and they told me that I needed to hire her. So we hire her and she immediately start with the planning. The vendors that she recommended were the best. I just notify her the name of the vendor that I choose (because she gave us different options for every vendor) and she communicates with them to plan for the wedding day. At the last moment we decided to hire a videographer and I hire one that a friend of mine knew but he cancelled the day before the wedding, he notifies Wanda and even before we knew, she already has talked to one videographer that she knew and luckily he had the date free, but he was a little out of our budget so she negotiated with him. She gave awesome ideas for the wedding. The day of the wedding I was so relax because I new that Wanda have the control of everything (Church and reception’s protocol, the transportation for the guests between the church and the reception, the reception’s decoration, the wedding cake, the music and all the small details). The wedding was literally PERFECT. Everybody had a great time; everything was beautiful and well organized. People talks about how stressful is to plan a wedding but with Wanda the planning of our wedding was very smooth. She is very responsible, clever, VERY PATIENT and awesome. She goes straight to the point and she tells the things just the way they are. She stayed until the end of the wedding. All my friends and family loved her. She definitely has a lot of experience and I definitely recommended her. Thank You Wanda!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Dina · Married on 10/24/2015

Wanda Garcia is OUTSTANDING!! I live in New York City and we decided to have our wedding in San Juan, Puerto Rico. We were lucky enough to have Wanda as our wedding coordinator. Everything from getting us in contact with local vendors to keeping me calm when I was becoming the nervous Bride. Our Wedding was perfect and It was beautiful and everyone had a great time. We cannot Thank her enough. If you decide to get married in Puerto Rico, I would highly recommend Wanda Garcia, you will be so happy you did. I know we were.

Sent on 10/29/2015

I truly can't say enough wonderful things about Wanda Garcia. She is a consummate professional and truly knows what she's doing! What I loved most about working with Wanda is her candor. She is very to the point and made sure we understood exactly what was going on. She was our best cheerleader and protector. We had a few things that didn't go quite as planned with our vendors and she held them accountable. She made us feel like family and took care of us as such.

Wanda is wonderful when it comes to communication! I would send her an email and she would get back to me within hours. Her organization is impeccable! I always felt she was in control. And, as a control freak myself, that's saying a lot! Another thing that helped since we didn't make a trip to PR before the wedding -- she arranged FaceTime sessions with vendors, which helped put me at ease. She also has wonderful ideas and suggestions but always listened to me and executed my vision flawlessly.

Once we got to PR, she made sure we had everything we needed. She had the boxes we'd shipped waiting for us at the hotel and met with us right way to talk about our schedule. Wanda was always nearby and our calming force if things didn't go as planned.

If you want a wedding planner who is organized, communicates well and will make sure your wedding is exactly how you want it, Wanda is the one for you!

Sent on 01/10/2016

thelis · Married on 08/22/2015

I began my wedding planning process thinking I would be able to handle everything, because I am Puerto Rican and even though I live in the states, my mother lives there half the time and I also have family on the island that have connections in the wedding circuit. However, 3 months before the wedding, I started to panic. I realized that there were so many more details to getting "legally" married in PR than I had realized. Plus working with vendors also became challenging, because I didn't know how to go about finding good people, etc.
    I then decided I NEED a wedding coordinator. I had already booked our rehearsal dinner the Ritz Carlton in San Juan, so I contacted them to see if they could recommend a good coordinator in the area. I spent an entire day calling down their list of names. What I mainly came across was a lot of very pushy sales pitches, mostly focusing on our budget.
    The conversation with Wanda was completely different!!! She described to me what SHE would do for ME. She was very straight forward about what her service was and how she went about it--it was exactly what we were looking for.
    First, she explained that she makes the process of getting legally married in PR very simple and explained how. Check!
    Second, she said that she would suggest vendors she works with, but is willing to work with others we may provide. Check!
    Third, she said she is always available thru email for any questions or concerns (this proved to be absolutely true!). Check!
    Fourth, she said she would be in charge of contacting and managing all the vendors. Check!
    She was on point, dedicated, took EVERY request I made seriously and did EVERYTHING in her power to make fulfill our wishes and she did it with grace, genuine consideration and EXCELLENCE!!!! I cannot say enough great things about Wanda Garcia!!! She was such a pleasure to work with!!! So professional--She truly makes you feel like she's there for YOU! Because of her hard work our wedding day was perfect!!!

Sent on 10/10/2015
  • thelis

thelis · Married on 08/22/2015

Sent on 01/23/2016

We live in Virginia and decided to host our wedding in Puerto Rico since my grandmother was unable to travel outside PR. A family friend referred us to Wanda Garcia. We had contacted several wedding planners that were not responsive to our calls and emails. Wanda returned our call the same day we called her. Wanda is a professional wedding planner with almost 20 years of experience in the industry and has many established reputable connections. Wanda responded to every single email and phone call we made to her over the course of our wedding preparations and afterwards. There are many planners in this industry in PR but I can say that Wanda is the ultimate professional. We wanted a planner skilled in interfaith weddings, and mindful of religious and cultural customs; excellent time management skills; and outstanding wedding vendors. My husband and I also wanted to see ‘creativity’ in the wedding décor and design. Wanda delivered to help us create a wedding that shined with unity, harmony, beauty and excellence. She made it easier for us since she knew the protocol and traditions for Hindu wedding ceremonies. We had an interfaith wedding, Hindu & Christian, with two ceremonies and reception. One ceremony was in the morning and one in the afternoon right before the reception. My husband brought his Hindu priest to officiate the Hindu ceremony. I had contacted a minister known to my family to officiate our Christian ceremony but she was not responsive. I mentioned this situation to Wanda and she quickly contacted a minister she had worked with in other weddings. She confirmed his availability for our wedding. We had two guest lists and a very tight schedule to have these three events on the same day. My two recommendations for anyone planning a wedding: hire Wanda Garcia as your planner and secondly, hire a videographer to memorialize your ceremony. Through the video we were able relive each moment and share it with family and friends.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Laura · Married on 03/07/2015

Professional, patient and your best resource when planning a destination wedding.
    Wanda made sure that everything was perfect for our wedding. Her experience as event planner made a BIG difference for us. All the vendors that she suggested where great and we could not have dreamed of a wedding like ours if it was not for her advice and professionalism.
    We interviewed 5 wedding planners and she was the only one we wanted to work with. Do yourself a favor and hire this wonderful wedding planner!

Sent on 03/31/2015