Westside Inn Reviews

14 | Manteo, NC

14 Reviews for Westside Inn

• Becca

Becca D. · Married on 04/03/2021

A DREAMY location for my wedding!

I booked the Westside Inn for my April 2021 wedding weekend! It was the perfect location for my bridesmaid to stay. I had my rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and my wedding ceremony here. It was the perfect backyard as it is HUGE and overlooks the sound. Me and my guests could not get over the views. There was an incredible sunset during my rehearsal dinner!

Because I got married in April I opted to book an indoor reception elsewhere - wasn't sure how the temps or weather would be! But if I got married in the summer or fall it would have been gorgeous to do a tented wedding as there is PLENTY of space!

What made this location great to me were a few things:

1. It is absolutely gorgeous. I cannot stress this enough!!!
    2. There are lots of amenities onsite: tables, chairs, an arbor, barrels, string lights...etc. I didn't need to rent a thing for my rehearsal dinner or wedding ceremony! That was really important to me
    3. Susan is amazing to work with. Quick and thorough responses and even allowed me to do an onsite grounds visit when I was in town.
    4. This venue has a property manager that lives in Manteo. She was able to meet me in person when I checked in to personally give me the lowdown on the property and event materials that are stored in the garage. This was especially helpful because the manager had her wedding in site in 2020!! She had lots of good tips and answered all of my questions
    5. There is a room just for hair and makeup - with a large mirror and a salon chair. This was perfect for me and my bridesmaids to have our hair and makeup done on site!
    6. Plenty of space for parking. This was important to to me as I am an event planner....parking can make or break a place!
    7. The property is so gorgeous that I 98% of our wedding photos on site. There were so many beautiful options! This made the day flow so easily since our only location change was after the ceremony to the reception!

I booked this place solely for the beautiful backyard, and it exceeded my expectations. Every person I worked with was helpful, and the whole process was simple and stress free. I will note that the house is a bit dated but I thought it was cute and quaint. It is exactly as the pictures convey so no surprises there. It didn't matter to me since most wedding things were in the backyard!

All in all, could not recommend this place more!!

Sent on 04/21/2021

Westside Inn's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing and detailed review Becca! We are so happy Westside exceeded your expectations and that you chose us to begin your life together.
    Congratulations!
    Susan

May Y. · Married on 03/20/2021

Beautiful Venue

Westside Inn is a beautiful place for a wedding. The view is spectacular and breathtaking. The owner is amazing and was so helpful the entire way through.

Sent on 03/30/2021
  • Melanie

Melanie M. · Married on 02/20/2021

A boho dream

Westside Inn was absolutely stunning. I do not think I could have picked a more perfect venue. The backyard was beautiful! The rooms were spacious and the outside porch that was screened in was perfect to watch the sunrise and enjoy a cup of coffee. I would pick this place over and over again for my wedding.

Sent on 04/21/2021

Westside Inn's reply:

Thanks so much for choosing us Melanie and we are so happy everything went well for you. We wish you the best in your new life together!
    Susan

Rachel F. · Married on 10/31/2020

Perfect Fall Wedding

Westside Inn was the perfect venue for our intimate covid wedding. We unfortunately had to reschedule from the spring to the fall in 2020 but Susan was great in getting us rescheduled and while switching from one rental company to another. The house had everything we needed and they sunsets are perfect!

Sent on 11/24/2020
  • Kenny

Kenny C. · Married on 10/17/2020

Magical Sound Front Venue!

It seemed everything was against us. 45 days out, our original venue cancelled on us. Everything happens for a reason!! We found Westside Inn online and somehow, someway, it was open the weekend of the wedding. We booked it site unseen. Little did we know at that time how magnificent this home site would be! Perfect setting that provided lodging for the entire wedding party and a sound front that was large enough for the wedding ceremony AND a 30x60 tent for the reception! Tip: Request clear sides for the tent! You don't want to have anything blocking the beautiful sunset! The owners are awesome and they were extremely helpful as we approached the big day. We're Manteo residents and will definitely be booking this house for future family gatherings. To the owners, THANK YOU for allowing us to make some incredible memories at the house we know you cherish. Our prayers were answered when we found this venue!!

Sent on 10/31/2020
  • Savannah

Savannah · Married on 10/17/2020

Everything I’ve ever dreamed of!

All I can say is wow! This venue was everything that I could have ever dreamed of and more. If you are looking for a beautiful waterfront area to get married, this is your place.

Sent on 11/17/2020

Brandi R. · Married on 10/10/2020

Beyond Expectations

Susan was magnificent when it came to answering every question and being extremely prompt. The house and setting were beautiful and just what we wanted for our special day. We are beyond thrilled with everything and we even plan to rent the house out next year to enjoy as a family for a mini vacation.

Sent on 10/29/2020
  • Sara

Sara Z. · Married on 08/08/2020

Perfect Location for a outdoor wedding

Susan was great to work with from the very moment that we contacted her. The house and grounds are lovely with a beautiful view of the sound. The split level design of the house makes it perfect for blended families to stay in one location. The bride and groom were able to include their dog, Hallie in the ceremony.

Sent on 08/15/2020
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 06/27/2020

The perfect place!

COVID caused us to change venues late in the wedding plans. We are so thankful! Westside Inn could not have been a more perfect venue. We had less than 100, but more than 50. We were able to spread out fine outside on the property, which is gorgeous. Our family stayed onsite for 3 nights which was great. We want to return in the future. The host was very helpful and answered all questions. We highly recommend as a wedding venue.

Sent on 07/20/2020
  • Mary

Mary S. · Married on 05/29/2020

Great place to stay and have a wedding

Our family and friends stayed at the Westside Inn for our daughter's wedding, with the wedding also taking place on the property. We all loved the house. The kids were able to stay downstairs and hang out in the rec room...and we all loved the sunroom.

The grounds are stunning with the sound in the backyard. Her wedding was beautiful.....her dream always to be married on the outerbanks......our Midwestern family's favorite vacation spot.

Susan with the inn was so helpful and responsive....especially when we had to cancel her original June 5th date due to the pandemic. She was also very helpful recommending vendors who were familiar with the property.

The view for our daughter's wedding was stunning. We made so many wonderful memories that will last a lifetime......and we are already planning our next trip back!

Thank you, Westside Inn for sharing your home with us!

Mary Saalman

Sent on 08/17/2020

Sarah P. · Married on 09/28/2019

Manteo Wedding

Greg and I are eternally grateful for the opportunity to have our wedding at Westside Inn. It was such a beautiful and serene wedding venue that had everything we needed for our special day. Susan was exceptionally professional and really cared about us and the details of our wedding. It will be one of the highlights of our wedding day for a lifetime to come. We highly recommend Westside Inn as a venue for weddings and any other special occasion. Thank you for everything Susan! We look forward to returning!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Andrew B. · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding Venue and Family Accommodations

This was a wonderful place to host our rehearsal, wedding, and reception! It is spacious enough for a 40'x60' tent and still have a beautiful backdrop for the wedding ceremony! Susan is amazing to work with and her family home was a perfect fit for the bridal party. If you are looking for a great place with beautiful views and friendly people, this is the place for you!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Laurie

Laurie V. · Married on 06/01/2019

100 % Satisfied

My daughter Morgan recently got married, her first request was a beach wedding. I searched for several venues and finally decided on Westside Inn. She and I decided that while not on the beach Westside offered the best of both worlds, a wedding on the water but with an intimate setting. The house has been in the family for years and staying there made us feel like an extension of that family. Susan was very helpful with suggestions and answered questions for us.
    The five-bedroom house is very spacious and allowed us the room we needed during the days prior to the wedding. As an added bonus, the house has a room specifically designed for the bride to get ready on the day of the wedding, it created a special experience for Morgan. The day prior to the wedding while preparations were taking place the bride and her wedding party were able to get away for a day on the beach which was an added bonus. The wedding was perfect in every way possible. We enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere of the house and the property. I would love to return for a family weekend.

Sent on 06/19/2019

Tara M. · Married on 09/26/2020

Westside Inn Manteo

The Westside Inn was an absolutely beautiful location for our small wedding. We had plenty of room to set up a tent, chairs for the ceremony and tables for the reception. The grounds and sound incredible back drops for photos and you get beautiful view of sunsets from the house and yard.

Sent on 10/12/2020