Westminster Reviews

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Julie

Julie Ann Wilson · Married on 08/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

The Westminster Chapel is not only beautiful, our coordinator Christina is top notch. She was responsive and knew what we wanted before we even knew what we wanted. Highly recommended for a venue for both ceremony and reception (even though we didn't have our reception there).

Sent on 08/15/2019
  • Deborah

Deborah Fox-Mchugh · Married on 06/08/2019

Spectacular event!

I can’t say enough good things about the Westminster! From the wonderful food to the excellent wedding coordinator, Christina, it was top notch from day one. Our guests were all saying it was the nicest wedding they had been to in a long time! So highly recommended!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing start to finish!

I cannot say enough about how grateful we are to have worked with Christina and Westminster for our wedding on Saturday. Christina made planning from 3,000 miles away feel manageable, and was always beyond responsive to my questions. We felt so special and cared for from start to finish, and our guests have been overwhelmingly positive about our beautiful day at Westminster. We have already recommended Westminster to several friends in the Rochester area, will continue to do so, and will consider Christina a dear friend moving forward.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Michael C · Married on 03/09/2019

Awesome Wedding

We were so happy with everything about Westminster. Our wedding was perfect. There wasn't a single thing that we would have changed. Christina was so responsive to all of our needs and communicated quickly with us which was important as we were planning the wedding from 4 hours away and getting back on multiple occasions was not possible. She helped us with the DJ (Whirlin' Disc) who was awesome as well. We wanted something different for a dessert and she got us in touch with Nitro Magic Ice Cream. Ice cream made on the spot and it was delicious. The perfect dessert for a winter wedding. It was nice having a chapel wedding and then move right into the reception. I highly recommend Westminster for your wedding.

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 12/29/2018

Fabulous venue, fantastic service

Beautiful chapel, classy reception hall (attached) and reasonable pricing—this is a great venue. Christina, the event coordinator is fantastic and this made everything stress-free. Our guests raved about the beautiful venue and the food. We are SO glad we chose Westminster.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/13/2018

Westminster made our day absolutely beautiful. Christina and Angela did an amazing job! Working with Christina made everything so easy. I can’t even count the amount of times people said I didn’t look stressed at all, and I owe a lot of that to her. The responsiveness to questions, and flexibility to help make our day everything we’ve dreamed of was huge. Great staff, and beautiful venue. We strongly encourage anyone looking at a venue to consider looking at Westminster because you will have the most perfect and beautiful day.

Sent on 07/30/2018
    Westminster 8
    Westminster 9
    Westminster 10
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 10/13/2018

Book Your Date NOW

The venue is fantastic, but with it, you also get a built-in coordinator. Christina is hands-down the most responsive (like within the hour responsive haha), helpful, calming, and organized person ever. I can honestly say that our day ended up being a true vision of our dream and was absolutely seamless because Christina made sure things were taken care of. It was 100% stress free day, all while Christina personally attended to all the details. She even took on coordinating deliveries/pickups and fielding questions from mothers :) Christina went out of her way to customize things to make it exactly as we imagined – she worked with us on coming up with a new table layout, napkin folds, more extravagant flower centerpieces, a not-so common signature cocktail, decor placement and even the smaller things like bringing us our dinner to our sweetheart table, keeping drinks in our hands all night and assisting guests with any questions. The venue was the perfect size and felt intimate, but not crowded and even has a bridal dressing room for you wait prior to the ceremony! Also, the in-house catering came with a complimentary tasting event and a fully customizable menu (even our vegan guests were pleased!) – guests have been complimenting the food continuously! Oh, and there’s also a cute park area directly behind the venue that makes for great photos! In short, the venue is beautiful and their coordinator, Christina will treat you like royalty. Book and don’t think twice!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Westminster 11
    Westminster 12
    Westminster 13
    Westminster 14

Emily Durrwachter · Married on 09/29/2018

Best wedding ever! We love Westminster!

Christina and everyone at Westminster made our wedding panning process a breeze, I dont know many other brides that can say that! We fell in love with the venue almost immediately and Christina the event coordinator was a blessing from day 1. I was out of state for school for the year and Christina made sure we could schedule meetings when I was in Rochester, she responded to every question or concern quickly. The week before the wedding we dropped off all our decorations and let Christina and her team work their magic to make the space absolute perfection. Numerous guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and how comfortable they felt there, the space makes the reception feel so intimate. We also recovered rave reviews from guests about the food, my husband and I actually got to eat a full dinner at our reception (rare I know!) and enjoyed every morsel, absolutely delicious! Throughout the evening Christina was there to help us and our guests with whatever they needed, and to make sure the reception moved along smoothly, she was sweet and professional. I will recommend Westminster to everyone I know! It was the perfect wedding venue for us and Christina made our wedding planning as stress free as possible.

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Victoria

Victoria Mark · Married on 09/28/2018

We had an incredible, PERFECT wedding of our dreams at Westminster!!!

My Husband and I got married at the Westminster on 09-28-2018 and we couldn't have picked a better venue! Christina, the coordinator there is seriously top-notch! Absolutely kept my husband and I sane during the months leading up to the wedding! She made sure everything was PERFECT! If you want a gorgeous location for your ceremony (HELLOOO stained glass windows

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Westminster 15
    Westminster 16
    Westminster 17
    Westminster 18

Meghan · Married on 09/01/2018

Christina and Angela helped make our day so perfect and stress-free! The venue is beautiful and the food was fantastic! Christina always responded immediately and addressed all of our many questions! We can't thank them enough and would recommend Westminster Hall & Chapel 100%!!!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Robyn · Married on 07/14/2018

Working with Christina was amazing! She helped to create the perfect day and was super responsive along the way. Do yourself a favor and work with her

Sent on 07/21/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

We just had our wedding at Westminster this past weekend on 6/16/2018. All I can say is WOW- our day felt like a dream and everything was perfect down to each little detail. As a bride having your wedding at Westminster you will not have to worry about a THING as Christina, the awesome event coordinator is there for anything and everything you need- I can't say enough about her!
    As well as having our wedding day exactly the way we imagined, working with Westminster the days leading up to it were a breeze. We only met Christina in January, 6 months before our wedding, and in that short period of time she seemed to have our wedding down to a science. I will admit, being told we were given a different coordinator after having booked Westminster in February of 2017 did make me a bit nervous, but after meeting with Christina the first time I instantly felt at-ease. There were some minor details that we weren't told about from our previous coordinator and some confusion with our DJ package (booked through Westminster), but Christina took care of it right away and even let us use the bistro lights at the reception at no charge- which we can't thank her enough for!! This truly made-up for any mishaps made by the previous coordinator and knowing we did not have to worry was such a relief. On top of this, Christina even went out of her way to personally come to our house to pick up a cashier's check for payment as my husband and I did not realize until the day before the final payment was due that our bank would not accept the large payment through the online portal. Once again, we did not have to worry.
    As for the food and drinks- AMAZING for the price you get. All of our guests raved about the food and said the bar service was outstanding and the drinks were nice and strong.
    I could go on and on about our experience- we were over the moon! Any future brides or anyone planning an event, BOOK WESTMINSTER! You will not regret it!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Dave · Married on 04/28/2018

This venue amazing! As the couple getting married, starting with Angela in the beginning and then transitioning to Christina, who is a fantastic coordinator!! She worked out the best food options, kept all the vendors well organized! She also took care of the needs of of all of our guests, it went off without a hitch. The stain glass windows in the chapel are gorgeous with great acoustics! The event hall is beautiful as well with bistro lighting, and 2 floors. Up-lighting adds a lot of great ambiance to the event hall. The food from the exclusive caterer was simply delicious, our vegetarians guests found their options to be fabulous (which is sometimes hard to pull off)! We really loved it!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Danielle · Married on 02/17/2018

I can't say enough good things about Westminster and the staff there. Christina was absolutely amazing, answered every question right away and helped make all of my dreams come true. They were on page with my vision from the beginning and if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing! AMAZING!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Anna · Married on 10/01/2017

Oh where do I even begin. I could not have asked for a better venue. They truly took so much stress off of my plate. Rachel was my day of coordinator, and she was amazing. Anytime anyone asked me a question, all I needed to say was "find Rachel" Best thing ever! She made sure that we ate without being bothered, and made sure everything was perfect for us the entire day. It was. We ended up running into a bit of a stressful situation 9 days before the big day, and once Westminster found out about the situation they were all hands on deck. Even though the situation had nothing to do with the venue, they went above and beyond. They made sure that everything would work out perfectly. ALL of our guest have reached out to us regarding how beautiful the venue was, and how smooth the entire event went

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Westminster 19
    Westminster 20

Brenna · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot rave enough about our experience planning a wedding at Westminster with Angela and Rachel. My husband and I live out of state, but we wanted to have our wedding near my hometown. Angela and Rachel went above and beyond to make distance wedding planning work. They were very responsive to all my questions and made themselves available to meet whenever we were in town, which was usually on a weekend or around a holiday.

Angela and Rachel are also flexible- they will find a way to make anything you've been dreaming of for your big day possible. They also kept track of details we wouldn't have thought of. The day went very smoothly because they were on top of everything.

We had a truly beautiful wedding at Westminster! I remember while searching for venues thinking the perfect one doesn't exist, until we found Westminster. It is a special venue run by fantastic people. Our friends and family are still telling us how great the wedding was! I highly recommend Westminster!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Lydia · Married on 09/23/2017

I was more nervous about finding a venue than almost anything else for my wedding. I knew I wanted something unique but with traditional aspects and that I definitely did not want carpet.

Westminster delivered all of those. The space was much larger than it looks in these photos and there were hardwood floors throughout. They converted an old chapel into a non-denominational space for ceremonies and it was beautiful. It had stained glass and a traditional vibe without religious aspects that I was trying to avoid. There is a balcony in the reception area that I loved because it made me feel like none of my guests were tucked in a corner.

Rachel and Angela were incredible. Rachel was there with me every step of the way. We had numerous meetings where all the details were addressed and I felt confident that things would run smoothly- which they did. She really was a built-in wedding planner and never made me feel crazy for sending a bunch of emails (in fact she would always respond immediately).

I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a space for their ceremony and reception in a beautiful space with an incredible staff. No regrets with this decision at all!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Molly · Married on 07/02/2017

I had the most amazing wedding at Westminster Chapel and Hall. Owner Angela and Coordinator Rachel did a fantastic job making sure everything for the big day was perfect. Rachel kept in contact with me throughout the entire process by email and in-person meetings. She made note of all of the details (and there were a lot!) and made sure they were executed accordingly on the wedding day. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. My pictures in the chapel with the stained-glass windows are perfection. The little park in the back was great for some outdoor shots. The view from the top floor in the reception space made for great pictures too. I would absolutely recommend Westminster for the bride who wants something unique and beautiful. My groom and I would pick Westminster again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Kara · Married on 05/27/2017

Angela and Rachel are amazing!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2017

We had our ceremony at Westminster and it was more beautiful that I could have imagined. Rachel and Angela are so helpful and professional, they think of every tiny detail that you need to make sure you plan out your big day easily. They are very flexible as well! I wanted a 4 PM ceremony, and they were easily able to accommodate that for me. I also held my bridal shower here, and the food was amazing, the space was beautiful and upscale, and the mimosa bar was excellent! I highly recommend this space for your wedding ceremony, reception, or any type of formal event you're hosting!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Monica · Married on 05/20/2017

Rachel and Angela were great at answering all of our questions and helped us have the perfect wedding day! They are always keeping up with new trends and offer many options! We loved having our wedding there and couldn't have imagined it better anywhere else!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Lindsay and Scott · Married on 02/25/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Westminster! This is a BEAUTIFUL venue with AMAZING coordinators! Angela and Rachel took care of us through the whole process and made our wedding day stress-free and wonderful. From vendor recommendations to decor setup to ceremony order and organization, their attention to detail and genuine enthusiasm really made the entire process so easy,. You cannot go wrong having an event here. If we could give them 6 stars, we would!!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Sara · Married on 10/01/2016

Where to begin? In my opinion, there is no better place in Rochester to get married. This venue has style, class, and historical touches that you simply cannot find anywhere else as well as two amazing coordinators who go above and beyond to make your special day memorable. My husband and I are so grateful to these women for their attention to detail and professionalism-- they are the sweetest, genuinely enjoy what they do, and work hard to customize your day. The venue itself exudes elegance with wooden finishes, stained-glass windows and chandeliers-- it is absolutely breath-taking. All of our guests raved about how beautiful our day turned out, and I could not have asked for more. I would highly recommend Westminster Hall and Chapel to ANYONE!

Sent on 10/07/2016