Westminster Hotel Reviews

31 | Livingston, NJ

31 Reviews for Westminster Hotel

31 Westminster Hotel Reviews
  • User7828953 · 1+ year ago

We had some of our out of town guests stay here for our wedding, which was in West Orange. They all raved about their stay and said it was very comfortable and convenient.

Alexsandria · Married on 11/13/2015

What a wonderful experience we had having our Friday, November 13th wedding at westminter hotel. Working with Jennifer was a great experience. She really was able to make our vision of the room and atmosphere come true. When I walked into the ball room the day of reception I was in love. The staff exceeded all of our expectations. Rebecca, my (our) bridal attendant for the day was amazing. She made sure We ate, drank and had a blast. Rebecca met me on the dance floor with drinks, had plates of food at our table and even made us to go bags and delivered them to the room in case we hadn't had enough to eat. After the reception, we made our way to bar and everyone made room for us and treated us with love and much accommodation. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding experience. All of guest are asking to do it all over again!!

Jay · Married on 06/21/2015

This a very good place to conduct an event. I have no hesitation to suggest it to my friends.

Stacy · Married on 04/11/2015

My husband and I got married on April 11, 2015 and our reception was at Westminster Hotel. From the first meeting with Jennifer Cooper , the Director of Catering & Special Event, to booking and scheduling the food tasting, and all the way up to the actual reception, we could not have asked for better service. Jennifer was quick to answer all my emails and she went out of her way to make everything perfect. The entire staff helped us and made our families feel like all they had to do was have a great time. So many of our guests made a point to contact us after the reception to tell us how much they enjoyed the reception and tell us the food was phenomenal, there were so many choices for cocktail hour , and they loved the little things they did such as displaying our pictures on the TV screens in the lobby welcoming everyone. The ballroom is very pretty and spacious. The bartenders and wait staff were very friendly. Needless to say, my husband and I are very happy with our choice of Westminster Hotel and want to take this time to thank you. You and your staff have made this a great experience for all involved.

Jonathan · Married on 03/28/2014

We couldn't have picked a better place to share our most memorable day! The room set up was gorgeous. The food was exceptional and the service was 1st class all the way. My wife and I were treated like a King and Queen! Having an establishment like this to host such a special occasion was such a blessing. Jennifer, the manager, had everything taken care of and made sure everything was perfect. A million thanks for giving us such a great day and most memorable event!

• User2048965 · 2+ years ago

We had the best time at our wedding! Working with Jennifer was seamless-- she was patient, responsive and helped us make sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. The food was tasty, the cake was beautiful, and the setup was flawless. My husband and I were so grateful that we could focus on our guests and each other and not have to worry about the details of the event. I wish we could do it all over it again, and if I could, I would still choose the Westminster Hotel.

Robynne · Married on 12/18/2011

We chose the Westminster because we liked having the event at a hotel where our out of town guests could stay and not need to worry about traveling between places. We also choose it because of Amy , who served as wedding planner as well as overall guide who made great recommendations and helped us with many arrangements. She was fabulous to work with and it was clear that she only wanted our party to be the best. It felt like she was a friend, working with us rather than someone to whom this was just a job. She went above and beyond. She was unable to be there the date of the event. No problem! Her boss, Chris, was there and seamlessly took over. He had great suggestions (e.g. our guests loved the passed desserts!) and the party went so smoothly. The place itself was beautiful and the food AMAZING! The food at catered events is often not so great, but my guests RAVED about the food. Also, our bride is gluten free. So all her food was made special and even the wedding cake was gluten free. I'd have another wedding there in a heartbeat.

Ginny · Married on 08/28/2010

Everyone at the Westminster was GREAT!!!! They made our day truely special, and I would recomend them to any couple!!!! The food was amazing and the staff was AWESOME!!!!!

Lilian · Married on 09/19/2009

Serge was awesome.

Kimberly · Married on 04/07/2012

My husband, Dan, and I loved our wedding ceremony and reception at the Westminster Hotel. We started working with Amy, who was fantastic. She was very flexible, enthusiastic, and truly listened to us. We then worked with Chris. We went over linens, details, and of course the food. The food was impeccable. Everyone raved about it.

The Westminster staff is very attentive, professional, and caring. They also gave us an affordable price.

They were all amazing and Dan and I cannot thank the staff enough!

thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kate · Married on 01/02/2010

Wow. The Westminster Hotel was the PERFECT place for our wedding. The service was professional and took every ounce of stress or worry away from us the day of our wedding. The food tasting was personal and intimate, which my husband and I liked. They have a wonderful choice of linens to choose from, and they provide centerpieces too, which for us was a huge savings. The FOOD is OUTSTANDING! Although the wedding was hosted at The Westminster, the steakhouse onsite caters it. The filet is the best we have ever had. The cocktail hour was great, our drinks were always full, and everybody had a wonderful time. The staff at The Westminster were so great and wonderful. I wish I could hug each of them for what a memoriable experience they gave us. We wouldn't have changed a thing. Thank you!!!!

Janeen · Married on 08/26/2016

Although we are not booking with Westminster Hotel due to our budget, I just wanted to say that I absolutely loved this venue. I had a wonderful time meeting with Jennifer. She was so nice and really did a great job showing us the hotel. She was very inviting and even bought us a drink at the bar during our tour. If it weren't for financial reasons, we would of definitely chose this as our venue. I would highly recommend speaking with Jennifer if you are interested in having a hotel wedding. Wonderful staff and lovely venue.

• Ki'Mani & Robin

Robin · Married on 09/14/2014

The Westminster went above and beyond our expectations! Our initial planning began with Amy. A week before the wedding, we were notified that she no longer worked there. We were concerned about what impact that would have on our event. However, once we met Jennifer and she took over, all concerns were put to rest. The entire staff was flexible and accommodating at every turn. A special thanks to Jennifer, Scott and Fanny (I hope I have the names right) for making our special day even more memorable!

I was married in Cedar Grove, NJ on February 16, 2014 and booked the rooms for my wedding at the Westminster. I was beyond pleased with the level of service and professionalism provided. I had many out-of-town guests who stayed at the hotel and remarked at the cleanliness and fine service they received. The Westminster assisted with shuttle service to and from the wedding venue and was more than accommodating by making several runs for us. The breakfast buffet served in the Strip House the morning after the wedding was delicious and again complimented by many of my guests. The only category in which I gave 4 stars as opposed to 5 was Responsiveness - this was during the planning phase, due to the fact that I sometimes had to call several times before having a call returned. This was a great boutique hotel and I enjoyed my stay in the bridal suite!

maria · Married on 06/07/2013

They made our wedding planning easy an fun. Was a blast working with everyone .

Melissa · Married on 05/07/2011

Amy was absolutely the best to work with. She was extremely helpful and flexible and our wedding wouldnt have been possible without her. We did have some initial difficulties with the room block process but everything else was excellent.

Jessica · Married on 07/28/2007

Exellent all around

Sy · Married on 10/04/2015

Our wedding had many out of town guests arriving and staying for a few days in the area. We were looking for accommodations within a reasonable budget and close enough to our venue where a shuttle service would be provided. We looked at a few options, and chose the Westminster Hotel in Livingston. Their rooms were modern, clean and spacious. Loretta worked with us on our contract and proved to be a very supportive and helpful liaison. The night of our wedding, we chose to sleep at the hotel due to a brunch being conducted in our honor in the area. We were welcomed and put at ease for the evening until we were ready to check out. Thank you guys for helping us relax on the night of our wedding.

Katie · Married on 05/10/2013

I would definitely recommend this venue for both your ceremony and reception. Everything was incredible and I can't tell you how many compliments we got on the food and desserts. We did the Venetian table and it was a huge hit with everyone later in the night. For the price you're paying, it is definitely worth it. Our bridal attendant was fantastic and Jennifer the Director of Catering was very helpful and answered all of our questions in a timely fashion.

The overall experience of our wedding was excellent. In spite of a few minor issues, we and our guests had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the hotel delivered on just about everything they said they would. Any small criticisms were accepted professionally and with the intent to make future events even better. The hotel venue was elegant and all our guests had a great experience (especially important since about half of our 125 guests stayed the night). One thing to always check ahead of the event: the AV equipment provided by the hotel to ensure it works right. Ours did but it required adjusting prior to the event. Amy, our wedding coordinator from the hotel, was very accommodating and tried to provide everything we requested.

Overall I found that the Westminster was a great place to have my wedding reception. Amy was a pleasure to work with and although there were a few kinks, she did such a great job in trying to keep me stress free on the day of the event.

• F

Faith · Married on 04/02/2010

4.2

Overall I was very satisfied with the services provided by The Westminster Hotel. The food was a huge hit with my wedding guests. The Director of Catering was very helpful and responsive. My only complaint was that the wedding attendant was not easily accessible for most of the afternoon and evening. I had expected her to check in with me while I was getting ready so I could go over a few requests with her but I didn't meet her until right before the wedding ceremony. She was helpful during the picture-taking time after the wedding and at times during the reception. Otherwise, all the other staff members were helpful and the location was terrific.

Preeti · Married on 08/02/2014

3.5
      3.5

Venue is beautiful and has a lot of great amenities to offer. Our favorite thing about this venue was their amenities, services and professionalism.

Crista · Married on 06/14/2014

Our event went well, the planning up to the week of was great. However the front desk lost my last payment check and I received no explanation. The food at the event was great, everyone commented on how hot and good it was, however they completely forgot to put out the dessert cakes, both of these that were on our menu. I did complain and they are giving me two cakes but my guest did not get to try them and it was embarrassing that we had a printed menu and people were expecting desserts they never got. I wish I would have noticed that day so my guests could have enjoyed but I did not.

Jaime · Married on 09/27/2008

3.4
      3.0

The Westminster Hotel is a beautiful place in Livingston NJ. We had a beautiful day. One of the great things about it is that you will be the only couple getting married. They are making several upgrades to the outside of the facility as well which will make for beautiful outside pictures.