Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Reviews

31 | Pittsburgh, PA

31 Reviews for Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh

31 Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Reviews

Danica · Married on 10/06/2018

Excellent service and execution!

Everything from the Westin was exactly as we would have expected. Our point of contact, Ava, joined the team after we'd already booked our wedding, but she picked up right away and took care of every detail. She was always available and responsive and made us feel like everything was handled well. On the night of, the kitchen staff executed everything perfectly, we had tons of compliments on our food, they even nailed almost 100 filets! We also booked a block of rooms with the hotel, which was super convenient, and Aubrey, my POC for the rooms, was also super accommodating and helpful. She went out of her way to make sure we got rooms, even after our block was "over", on a home Steelers weekend, no less! Overall, we had a great experience with the Westin, it was convenient, easy, and everything turned out beautifully!

Nicole · Married on 01/27/2018

Megan was wonderful to work with, she is very organized and made us feel extremely comfortable leading up to our big day. The process was stress free! Megan & team were clearly committed to making sure our weekend was nothing but perfect, and went out of their way to make every second of it special. We could not have picked a better venue & team to work with. The service was top notch and the food was amazing. Our guests still talk about our wedding - from the look of the ballroom, to how wonderful the food was, and of course the amount of detail that was put into all of it. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for making our day so special!

Allison · Married on 11/25/2017

My experience with The Westin & Megan was everything I could have hoped for. We had such a large wedding, and Megan made planning and our day seamless. So very thankful!

Anita · Married on 09/02/2017

The entire Westin staff is fantastic, flexible and always went above and beyond to make sure we were perfectly happy with every detail, especially since we had to make several accommodations for our South Asian wedding rituals. Becky was extremely professional and responsive to any and every request. The venue itself is also beautiful and updated compared to most other hotels in the downtown Pittsburgh area. It also comfortable accommodated our 500 or so guests seated in the ballroom. Highly recommend the Westin Convention Center!

Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh 2
    Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh 3
    Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh 4

Julie · Married on 01/07/2017

The professionalism of the staff made the planning process extremely easy. Megan graciously and professionally coordinated all of the vendors to ensure that everything ran smoothly. She was not only available for the entire planning process, but there throughout the evening of the event to ensure the perfect night that we had planned.

Sent on 01/25/2017

Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh's reply:

Julie, We are honored to have been a part of your amazing day! Thank you for letting us host your event!

Raelene · Married on 09/24/2016

I had my reception at the Westin this past September, and it was absolutely amazing! My original coordinator had left in May and our new coordinator Megan jumped in right away and nailed all the details! We couldn't be happier with our decision to book the Westin, not only is it a beautiful venue but the service was excellent!

Milan · Married on 09/03/2016

The Westin provided the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding reception. The food was of gourmet quality and the bar and hors d'oeuvres were outstanding. We've received so many compliments from our guests on all aspects of the reception and the Sunday breakfast. There aren't enough accolades to adequately describe Ashleen Wilwohl, the Westin Event Coordinator. She was magnificent by answering all of our questions and instilling confidence that we were being well cared for. She masterfully coordinated all aspects of the reception and Sunday breakfast. The service staff was also outstanding. We did have a few disappointments though. The gift bags were not distributed to many of our guests' rooms for which we provided the list of names and paid the fee associated for this service. While the cookies on the cookie table were beautifully displayed, they were made available much too early and some "early birds" helped themselves gluttonously, leaving later guests wanting, The bars ran out of champagne over half an hour before the designated end of the reception. However, these were minor flaws in an otherwise superlative wedding evening! We are all pleased and satisfied!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh's reply:

Milan, Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate that you had a wonderful experience and will use the critique to better our future endeavors. Congratulations on a beautiful event!

Kara · Married on 06/11/2016

The Westin made my dream wedding a reality! I wasn't sure what expect during my first visit to the Westin, but the Allegheny Ballroom is breathtaking. From the moment we walked in, I knew this is where we would have our wedding reception. Ashleen was so helpful in all the preparations, very prompt in answering questions and so helpful in guiding us through the planning process. The food is incredible! It's difficult to imagine how all the guests could be served a delicious, hot dinner, but the Westin did it! Our cake was unbelievable! It was so pretty and delicious. Also, so important was the Westin's hospitality in preparing bridal party and guest accommodations. I was able to stay the night before with all my bridesmaids and had plenty of room for everyone to get hair and makeup done along with my bridal portraits. We continued the party after the reception at Bill's Burgers in the lobby and then paraded the streets of Pittsburgh for a late night cap. And lastly, my outside wedding vendors also had a nice experience. They are, after all, the ones that bring everything together. The Westin is definitely a top notch spot for a Pittsburgh Wedding.

Alex · Married on 05/28/2016

The Westin was a beautiful place to have a wedding and we loved every minute of ours! The staff is professional, accommodating, and very knowledgable! I highly recommend the Westin and Ashleen! We could've have asked for a better day!

Tommy · Married on 05/28/2016

The staff at the hotel were super responsive to all our needs, no matter what the request was.

Angelica · Married on 01/03/2015

Our contact at the Westin, Megan, was absolutely wonderful. She was so knowledgeable and helpful. The service on the night of the wedding was wonderful. Every staff member I encountered was professional and kind. I couldn't be happier.

Paige · Married on 10/18/2014

I used The Westin Convention Center as one of my hotels for out-of-state family and friends who came to my wedding. The Westin was very polite, accommodating, and responsive to any concerns I may have had. Will definitely use them again for hotel services.

Ann · Married on 09/20/2014

The venue is beautiful and the food was amazing! We were so pleased with the the friendly helpful staff members! We would choose The Westin again! Perfect, beautiful wedding reception!

Kareen · Married on 08/30/2014

You exceeded our expectations.

• User4198350 · 2+ years ago

Reserved a block of rooms for guests as well as a suite for my daughter and her bridesmaids to get dressed in, have make up and hair done. The staff at the hotel went over and above to help us in every way possible. I heartily recommend this hotel and its staff. Everything was top notch!

Kelley · Married on 05/24/2014

The Westin was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. The venue was beautiful, the food was outstanding, the service was superb, and the planning staff was wonderful. We had so many compliments on everything at the reception, including several comments about it being 'the best wedding' our guests had ever been to. The prices were very reasonable for what is included in the package, and the room rates were fantastic for a downtown hotel!! We highly recommend this venue to future couples.

Megan Colf at the Westin was absolutely amazing! She worked with me to make sure that everything was covered on my big day. I would recommend the Westin to anyone looking for a beautiful venue in Pittsburgh. The food was amazing and they exceeded my expectations! All of my guests were treated like royalty!

Maria · Married on 11/29/2003

Since there was nothing else going on in the ballroom, they upgraded us to the ballroom. It was a bigger room and made everything even more perfect than we had planned!

Liza · Married on 10/14/2017

The Westin has a beautiful ballroom and excellent food for a wedding. The staff was super accommodating and very easy to work with.

Dana · Married on 08/06/2016

If you want an absolutely stunning wedding venue with even better food the Westin is your place! My husband and I chose the Westin for numerous reasons: the look, location, space, staff, and especially the privacy. We've been to weddings at other venues where there were numerous ballrooms so close together that you could hear the commotion of the other events. The Westin does not have this issue!

The Westin's Allegheny Ballroom is not only huge, but it is also on it's own floor so you have complete privacy from other weddings and events. The Westin also has a newly renovated bar on the lobby floor for your guests who want to continue the party after the wedding. The hotel rooms are also wonderful and clean. I know I already mentioned the food, but it is worth mentioning again because it was spectacular! There is a variety of menu options to choose from for your special day and they are all to die for!

I wish I could have my reception all over again!!!

Loved the one stop shopping at the Westin. Only needed photographer, videographer and florist. Everything else was there!

chelsea · Married on 07/15/2016

The venue is absolutely gorgeous. It is rather expensive but if you are willing to spend the money to have a beautiful downtown wedding, I would definitely recommend the Westin.

Jeremy · Married on 09/27/2014

Hosted sunday brunch for wedding weekend. Overall excellent value and top notch staff. Would definitely recommend for hosting any wedding guests in Pittsburgh! Excellent rooms, excellent location, phenomenal staff.

Stephen · Married on 08/31/2008

Did an excellent job overall