30 Reviews for Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh

User Photos
30 Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh Reviews

0.5

DO NOT BOOK YOUR WEDDING HOTEL HERE!!! We are getting married in Pittsburgh on June 2, 2018 and chose The Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh for our guests and wedding party to stay. We visited the hotel, loved every aspect of it... until it came to booking rooms. We were told that we would be granted 20 rooms to start for our wedding block and that "more could be added" once these rooms were booked. Well, we were just informed that this is now no longer the case... and that no more rooms will be added to our block due to a concert that they have known about for months! Our wedding is 3 months away, and 16 of the rooms are already booked (not even half of our guests) and the Westin has told us that there is nothing they will do. WORST EXPERIENCE!!! I do not recommend dealing with this hotel, as it has now only caused stress and aggravation.

Profile Picture melanie, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Megan was wonderful to work with, she is very organized and made us feel extremely comfortable leading up to our big day. The process was stress free! Megan & team were clearly committed to making sure our weekend was nothing but perfect, and went out of their way to make every second of it special. We could not have picked a better venue & team to work with. The service was top notch and the food was amazing. Our guests still talk about our wedding - from the look of the ballroom, to how wonderful the food was, and of course the amount of detail that was put into all of it. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/27/18, 1 Review
4.7

Megan from the Westin was very professional and always helpful. She is very receptive to our requests and tried (and succeeded) to make our event so special.

Profile Picture Harold, 12/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

My experience with The Westin & Megan was everything I could have hoped for. We had such a large wedding, and Megan made planning and our day seamless. So very thankful!

Profile Picture Allison, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Westin has a beautiful ballroom and excellent food for a wedding. The staff was super accommodating and very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Liza, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire Westin staff is fantastic, flexible and always went above and beyond to make sure we were perfectly happy with every detail, especially since we had to make several accommodations for our South Asian wedding rituals. Becky was extremely professional and responsive to any and every request. The venue itself is also beautiful and updated compared to most other hotels in the downtown Pittsburgh area. It also comfortable accommodated our 500 or so guests seated in the ballroom. Highly recommend the Westin Convention Center!

Profile Picture User6634199, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The professionalism of the staff made the planning process extremely easy. Megan graciously and professionally coordinated all of the vendors to ensure that everything ran smoothly. She was not only available for the entire planning process, but there throughout the evening of the event to ensure the perfect night that we had planned.

Profile Picture Julie, 1/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my reception at the Westin this past September, and it was absolutely amazing! My original coordinator had left in May and our new coordinator Megan jumped in right away and nailed all the details! We couldn't be happier with our decision to book the Westin, not only is it a beautiful venue but the service was excellent!

Profile Picture Raelene, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved the one stop shopping at the Westin. Only needed photographer, videographer and florist. Everything else was there!

Profile Picture Donna, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Westin provided the perfect venue for our daughter's wedding reception. The food was of gourmet quality and the bar and hors d'oeuvres were outstanding. We've received so many compliments from our guests on all aspects of the reception and the Sunday breakfast. There aren't enough accolades to adequately describe Ashleen Wilwohl, the Westin Event Coordinator. She was magnificent by answering all of our questions and instilling confidence that we were being well cared for. She masterfully coordinated all aspects of the reception and Sunday breakfast. The service staff was also outstanding. We did have a few disappointments though. The gift bags were not distributed to many of our guests' rooms for which we provided the list of names and paid the fee associated for this service. While the cookies on the cookie table were beautifully displayed, they were made available much too early and some "early birds" helped themselves gluttonously, leaving later guests wanting, The bars ran out of champagne over half an hour before the designated end of the reception. However, these were minor flaws in an otherwise superlative wedding evening! We are all pleased and satisfied!

Profile Picture Milan, 9/3/16, 1 Review
4.7

When we were first looking at venues, we didn’t quite know where we wanted to get married. But after visiting the Westin, we KNEW this was the only place we could hold our wedding. The hotel itself is beautiful, modern, and elegant, and we knew the Westin staff would treat our guests well. What we didn’t realize was just how well the Westin would treat *us*. Their staff went above and beyond to make the night special. They were incredibly accommodating, despite our (many) requests. When we needed nearly 80 rooms as part of our wedding block? They got us the rooms. When we wanted to do a cocktail hour beforehand? No problem. When we wanted to get married at the hotel? They found us a room and made it look absolutely beautiful. When we asked for pierogies and Primantis-style sandwiches late night? They made it happen.

We told them that we wanted three things from our wedding: To make sure people ate a lot, danced a lot, and drank a lot. Well: The food was delicious, and people left full. The bars never had lines. And the dance floor has to be the biggest in Pittsburgh. At the end of the night, no one wanted to leave.

The wedding was a huge, huge success. We had an incredible wedding weekend, and we’re so thankful to Ashleen and her team at the Westin. They came through and made it a wedding we’ll never forget!

Profile Picture Dan, 8/13/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you want an absolutely stunning wedding venue with even better food the Westin is your place! My husband and I chose the Westin for numerous reasons: the look, location, space, staff, and especially the privacy. We've been to weddings at other venues where there were numerous ballrooms so close together that you could hear the commotion of the other events. The Westin does not have this issue!

The Westin's Allegheny Ballroom is not only huge, but it is also on it's own floor so you have complete privacy from other weddings and events. The Westin also has a newly renovated bar on the lobby floor for your guests who want to continue the party after the wedding. The hotel rooms are also wonderful and clean. I know I already mentioned the food, but it is worth mentioning again because it was spectacular! There is a variety of menu options to choose from for your special day and they are all to die for!

I wish I could have my reception all over again!!!

Profile Picture User7122941, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is absolutely gorgeous. It is rather expensive but if you are willing to spend the money to have a beautiful downtown wedding, I would definitely recommend the Westin.

Profile Picture User5344258, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Westin made my dream wedding a reality! I wasn't sure what expect during my first visit to the Westin, but the Allegheny Ballroom is breathtaking. From the moment we walked in, I knew this is where we would have our wedding reception. Ashleen was so helpful in all the preparations, very prompt in answering questions and so helpful in guiding us through the planning process. The food is incredible! It's difficult to imagine how all the guests could be served a delicious, hot dinner, but the Westin did it! Our cake was unbelievable! It was so pretty and delicious. Also, so important was the Westin's hospitality in preparing bridal party and guest accommodations. I was able to stay the night before with all my bridesmaids and had plenty of room for everyone to get hair and makeup done along with my bridal portraits. We continued the party after the reception at Bill's Burgers in the lobby and then paraded the streets of Pittsburgh for a late night cap. And lastly, my outside wedding vendors also had a nice experience. They are, after all, the ones that bring everything together. The Westin is definitely a top notch spot for a Pittsburgh Wedding.

Profile Picture Kara, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

The staff at the hotel were super responsive to all our needs, no matter what the request was.

Profile Picture Tommy, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Westin was a beautiful place to have a wedding and we loved every minute of ours! The staff is professional, accommodating, and very knowledgable! I highly recommend the Westin and Ashleen! We could've have asked for a better day!

Profile Picture Alex, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The catering was extraordinary. The wedding consultant was very professional and responsive.
However, we had trouble getting the gift bags to the rooms, and the bridal suite was not clean.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our contact at the Westin, Megan, was absolutely wonderful. She was so knowledgeable and helpful. The service on the night of the wedding was wonderful. Every staff member I encountered was professional and kind. I couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Angelica, 1/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I used The Westin Convention Center as one of my hotels for out-of-state family and friends who came to my wedding. The Westin was very polite, accommodating, and responsive to any concerns I may have had. Will definitely use them again for hotel services.

Profile Picture Paige, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Travel

Hosted sunday brunch for wedding weekend. Overall excellent value and top notch staff. Would definitely recommend for hosting any wedding guests in Pittsburgh! Excellent rooms, excellent location, phenomenal staff.

Profile Picture Jeremy, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The venue is beautiful and the food was amazing! We were so pleased with the the friendly helpful staff members! We would choose The Westin again! Perfect, beautiful wedding reception!

Profile Picture Ann, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Kareen, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Reserved a block of rooms for guests as well as a suite for my daughter and her bridesmaids to get dressed in, have make up and hair done. The staff at the hotel went over and above to help us in every way possible. I heartily recommend this hotel and its staff. Everything was top notch!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The Westin was the perfect venue for our wedding reception. The venue was beautiful, the food was outstanding, the service was superb, and the planning staff was wonderful. We had so many compliments on everything at the reception, including several comments about it being 'the best wedding' our guests had ever been to. The prices were very reasonable for what is included in the package, and the room rates were fantastic for a downtown hotel!! We highly recommend this venue to future couples.

Profile Picture Kelley, 5/24/14, 2 Reviews