Westgate Flowers Reviews

Westgate Flowers 1
Westgate Flowers 2
  • Stacey

Stacey Caplan · Married on 10/20/2018

Our wedding decor was stunning!

We knew within 10 minutes of meeting Paul that we needed to hire him for our wedding flowers, and he totally delivered on our wedding day. Every aspect of our wedding decor that he touched was stunning and exactly what we wanted. The bouquets, the chuppah, the centerpieces, the lighting, the rose petals on the placecard table and aisle, the candles on the tables, even the fragrant garden smell as you walked into the room - it was all absolutely perfect and so elegant. We have gotten countless compliments on how gorgeous our ceremony / reception were. Thank you Paul / Westgate!

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

The flowers for our wedding were wonderful! They provided exactly what I was looking for!

A.M. · Married on 04/21/2018

The initial consultation meeting with Westgate impressed us so much that we immediately contracted them. They listened to us and asked us questions until they had a thorough understanding of our vision for the flowers. They didn't just provide us examples; they would actually pull up pictures of different flowers and greenery and describe them in detail to see what our opinion on them was. They truly customized our vision and cultured it into a reality! Thank you, Westgate team!

• I

Irene · Married on 09/10/2017

Westgate flowers did an amazing job with our daughter's wedding and reception. The beautiful chuppah with white flowers and greenery was sophisticated and elegant. The flowers for the cocktail hour and dinner centerpieces were beautiful and colorful. Our daughter had a vision, and Paul worked with her to realize that vision to perfection. There were some aspects we were less certain what we wanted, for example we wanted something for the bar area, I wasn't sure what we needed but I didn't want the bar to look bare. Paul new exactly what to do and made beautiful tall vased arrangements that were perfect for the space. Paul was easy to work with and the prices were reasonable.

Allie · Married on 09/01/2017

Words cannot describe how happy I was with the floral arrangements Weddings by Westgate Flowers did for my wedding on September 1st. Everything looked absolutely BREATHTAKING. The flowers were exactly as I envisioned and as I described to Paul in our pre-wedding meetings. The colors and quality of the flowers were amazing. From the moment we booked with Westgate Flowers we knew we were not going to be disappointed. Paul was so great to meet with and listened to exactly what I was envisioning. I pulled up a few things on Pinterest and he quickly learned exactly what I wanted. He even went to get sample flowers and showed me what he was thinking. We met 2 separate times and he couldn't have been more friendly. The bridal bouquets were STUNNING, and the corsages and boutonnieres were gorgeous. They brought everything on time and set it up exactly how I wanted it. I still have the extra flowers in my house and they look almost as beautiful as they did on the day of the wedding. The 2 large arrangements were the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I have received so many compliments from many people about how gorgeous everything was. I will definitely be recommending Westgate Flowers to everyone I know. THANK YOU!

Kim · Married on 08/04/2017

Westgate has always been my local go-to flower shop. They provide beautiful floral arrangements at a great price. When it came time for my wedding, Paul worked with us to make my dream a reality. When I told them I wanted a wood arbor for the outdoor ceremony, they were more than willing to make us one. Not only did they build and set up an amazing arbor for us, it was beautifully decorated and overflowing with flowers. I can’t wait for our professional photos to come back so I can keep starring at the arbor! I was truly amazed.

We had a couple last minute additions and they were more than accommodating. For the centerpieces, I knew I wanted a vase (not a rental) so that family members could take the flowers home at the end of the evening. I also didn’t want to use a standard clear vase. Paul recommended a gold container that was in our budget and really stood out on the tables. Everything exceeded our expectations.

I would highly recommend using Westgate for any and all floral needs!

Allison · Married on 07/08/2017

Paul was the BEST! Our flowers turned out better than I ever could have expected, the cost was extremely reasonable, and Paul was so accommodating! He personally brought the flowers to me at the Palmer House to make sure they were ok! They were beyond okay!! I got so many compliments on my bouquet and the amazing centerpieces Paul did!

Can't recommend them enough!!!

Annie · Married on 06/03/2017

I met with Paul a month or two ago to talk flowers for my wedding next June. I showed him pictures of 3 different bouquets that I liked and he immediately picked out the flowers that were in all the bouquets and showed me pictures online of all the different flowers and we custom built my bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets. He really knows his stuff and I totally trust him to create the bouquets I want!

Suzanne · Married on 11/19/2016

Paul and his team did an outstanding job for our November 19th wedding at the Newberry Library. Westgate had come highly recommended by a friend and we jumped at the chance at using him. Paul is a true professional and knows the flower biz. He is kind, patient, and has great taste. Our bouquets, corsages, and table arrangements came out just gorgeous. Many guests came to compliment us during the reception. He and his team built our chuppah from scratch! We also used Westgate for our rehearsal dinner flowers too and they also came our just perfect. We can't wait to use Westgate and Paul again very soon!!

Christina · Married on 10/15/2016

We were 100% pleased with our flowers from Westgate and they made our wedding day perfect! We loved working with Paul and he took our visions and brought them to life. We appreciated working with a local company and the services they provided were impeccable. I especially appreciated the last minute changes we made due to the number of guests and how quickly and seamlessly the changes went through. In addition, when the flowers were delivered to us on the wedding day it was evident that care, precision, and pride was taken when preparing all the arrangements. We would 100% recommend Westgate not only for weddings, but any floral needs in your future! We will continue to work with Westgate for many years to come!

• Raquel

Raquel · Married on 09/03/2016

I used Westgate flowers for my wedding on September 3rd, 2016 at Bobak's Signature Events in Woodridge, IL. They made my bouquet, the bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres for the men, arrangements for the reception tables, and they decorated the terrace for my outdoor ceremony. They also provided some flowers to decorate my cake. The flowers were beautiful, perfectly arranged and exactly what I wanted. I would highly recommend for any event, especially a wedding.
    I enjoyed sitting down with them at the location to discuss what I wanted, colors, flowers and details. They were very helpful and flexible as small details would change before the event date. Thank you Westgate Flowers!

Rebekka · Married on 08/13/2016

Paul at Westgate was absolutely great to work with. Down to earth, realistic, efficient, and creative. We met with a lot of florists before him: many of them tried to sell us the big dream with rainbows and butterflies only to hand us a giant bill that would've sullied the beautiful experience. Paul was different from the start: he listened, worked with us to maintain our budget, and put his own creative spin on things when asked to. He is a true professional, delivering what we explicitly and implicitly hoped for. A little example: Due to our budget, our decor was simple for the most part, except for the arbor under which we married. This floral arbor was left to Paul's creative choices and the result was absolutely magnificent - more perfect than we could've imagined. I can't stop staring at the pictures we took of it. In conclusion, if you want to work with someone who's a real professional, honest and down to earth, with a great sense of floral design and decor, go with Westgate Flowers.

Cynthia · Married on 10/24/2015

Westgate was recommended to me. I selected Westgate out of five florists that I interviewed and received proposals from. They are very easy to work with. Paul and I e-mailed initially to come up with general ideas and a ballpark budget. Then I went into the shop for a consultation and final selection. I had a relatively low budget (no bridesmaids, no church flowers, 11-12 reception tables), which Westgate was able to work with. There was no minimum amount, which most florists had. Westgate's fee to deliver to my venue in the city was lower than the florists' in the city. The arrangements were gorgeous and matched my multi-color scheme. We used the centerpieces for brunch the next day, and they held up well. Guests complimented the flowers and asked who did them.

Ruslana · Married on 09/05/2015

Paul is very professional and knowledgeable. He took all the responsible upon himself and we were worry free. It was done better than we would have imagine. The flowers he had recommended matched perfectly with our theme. Our wedding was really bloomimg because of him. We received many compliments from our guests.
    Very reasonable price for such high quality!
    Highly recommend.

Sidney · Married on 08/08/2015

When I first started planning wedding flowers, a coworker strongly recommended Paul at Westgate Flowers after she had used them in her own wedding. She said that several of her friends and family swear by Westgate as well for various floral products or services. I contacted Paul shortly thereafter, and the rest is history! He was incredibly helpful and the floral arrangements he designed came out beautifully! He was more than willing to walk me through my vision of what I wanted for our wedding flowers, and to provide suggestions and guidance when we wanted it. He was able to take the budget we had and the vision we had and make them work together to come up with some absolutely gorgeous floral arrangements and a beautiful bouquet. He even incorporated decorations we wanted to include such as ribbons, pins, pearls, water beads, and decorative picks in the centerpieces, groom's boutonniere, and bridal bouquet. Paul's business partner was equally great on the occasion I was assisted by him in lieu of Paul, and their whole staff was also wonderful and very helpful. Excellent service and product all around.

Danielle · Married on 06/20/2015

Paul did an outstanding job putting together beautiful centerpieces, bouquets and boutonnieres for our wedding. We met with him before the wedding and provided him with our color palette. He took over from there putting together beautiful arrangements, while also being conscious of our budget. We got so many compliments on the flowers and they photographed beautifully. Everything was delivered in a timely manner the day of the wedding. We saved a couple of the arrangements after the wedding and they lasted for 2 weeks! I would recommend Westgate to any bride.

Victoria · Married on 05/23/2015

Paul and his team at Westgate Flowers were incredible. At our first meeting, Paul was great at listening to our ideas and making sure we were getting the flowers and overall style we wanted. He was also good at giving suggestions when my husband and I were unsure about what we wanted. He went through all the different areas that we might want flowers to make sure we didn’t miss anything. We received a detailed quote that day, which put our minds at ease having an estimate that was very close to the final amount. We also met with him a few months later to see a mockup of our centerpieces and bridesmaid bouquets. They looked incredible. Paul was very accommodating as well. I called him to make a few changes and had questions, and he was professional and helpful with every phone call. The day of the wedding, the flowers arrived on time and looked beautiful! They were exactly what we pictured . Westgate Flowers also designed pieces for the altar at our outdoor ceremony and our caketopper. They definitely helped make our wedding day even more beautiful and special!

Julie · Married on 10/04/2014

The most incredible florist! Paul and Adam (the owners) are the most talented in the industry. They took my vision and made it a reality. They listened to what I wanted with colors and cascading and types of flowers and created what can only be called a masterpiece. I wanted a bouquet with some bling in it. The day of my wedding Paul felt that there wasn't enough sparkle in my bouquet. So at 6am that morning he drove to the flower mart and got different crystals to put in my bouquet! What vendor does that?! The arrangements were MAGNIFICENT! Everything I could have hoped for and more!

jade · Married on 09/27/2014

Paul was AMAZING! Our flowers were insane...he totally got our vision. He was very easy to work with, and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. And the pricing was fantastic. He totally went above and beyond! Thank you Paul!

Cathy · Married on 09/19/2014

My wedding flowers were so beautiful! I knew my wedding colors, but didn't know what kind of flowers I wanted or what accent colors to use. I gave Paul my budget and let him put everything together. That was the best decision I made. I left it to the expert and wow did he come through!!! I would definitely recommend them!

Laura · Married on 09/06/2014

I have to admit, I wasn't too interested in handling the flower aspect of our wedding, so I passed the task off to my parents. After researching a ton of vendors, Paul at Westgate seemed like the easiest, most straightforward option with very reasonable prices. They are old school (no fancy website, or modern looking shop), but that makes them all the more charming. Our flowers way exceeded our expectations - they were super colorful and unique, and we got a ton of complements. The guests at the end of the reception were fighting over centerpieces because they were so well done.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 08/31/2014

As allows, Westgate did an absolutely beautiful job. My family has been going there for years (they've done 4 weddings for us in just a few years) and there is a reason I chose them for our big day.

They were super flexible and willing to drop off flowers at separate locations (hotel, church, reception), they were definitely within our budget, and the flowers were beautiful. I had a general idea of what I was looking for, but they took my small direction and gave me exactly what I was looking for.

Shannon · Married on 08/31/2014

Paul at Westgate Flowers was so helpful and really put me at ease. He really understood my vision and executed it perfectly. I was so happy with the flowers on the day of the wedding, I would definitely recommend.

I purchased some calla lilies and pine from here to use on our special day, and they were absolutely beautiful. They employees were very nice, friendly and helpful. I will use them for all my flower needs.

Thank you!