Wentworth by the Sea Hotel & Spa Reviews

Wentworth by the Sea Hotel & Spa 7
  • CHRISTIE

Christie Kane · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Wedding Review

I would give this venue 10-stars if I could!!! There is no other establishment where you will receive as OUTSTANDING of an experience for your wedding day, other than Wentworth by the Sea! The staff is beyond EXCEPTIONAL! Every single member of their team makes you, your family and friends feel welcome and relaxed, each hour of your stay! Ask for Laura, who is in charge of it all, and she will make sure your special day is nothing short of PERFECTION! She is the most wonderful, professional and helpful person you will ever come across to help you plan the most important day of your life! I was so IMPRESSED with Wentworth by the Sea, that in the future, I will have every memorable event at this hotel, whether it be an anniversary, a weekend away, a birthday... they had that big of a memorable impact on myself and my fiancé! Look no further, this is the ONLY place to celebrate your wedding!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Maya Martignetti · Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect Wedding

Laura and team are amazing, we couldn't have been happier with our wedding weekend. They took care of so much for us and allowed us to enjoy.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Shari Savage · Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing service and unforgettable venue!

We worked with Laura Abraham at the Wentworth by the Sea Hotel and she and her team made our daughter's wedding day and reception, and day after brunch seamless and stunningly beautiful. No detail was overlooked and everyone kept telling us it was the most impressive catering and venue they had experienced. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/08/2019

Brianna Lacroix · Married on 06/22/2019

The greatest place ever! 100/100 would recommend!!!

Having our wedding at the Wentworth By The Sea was without a doubt the best decision we could have made for our wedding. We had the absolute pleasure of working with Laura Abraham, who made planning so easy. There were so many times I thought to myself "there's no way wedding planning is this easy" but it truly was when working with Laura. They think of every detail you would have never thought of and make wedding planning so much fun!!

Every single member of the staff at the Wentworth take such incredible care of you. They treat you with such respect, and truly make you feel like royalty. Not to mention what a gorgeous location to host your special day. There isn't a single spot on the Wentworth property that isn't perfect for a photograph. The Wentworth is such a beautiful, magical place, and I wish I could rewind and go back to our wedding day over and over again!

Another incredible perk of having your wedding at the Wentworth is their food tasting. They put on such a fun event, with music and all of the vendors included in the package you pick. It was such a fun night and it was great insight into what your day will be like. Not to mention SPECTACULAR food! Every single one of our wedding guests raved about how delicious their meal was at our wedding.

I could truly go on and on about how amazing the Wentworth By The Sea is but I'll leave it with this: My husband and I are so thankful we were able to celebrate our special day in one of the most beautiful places. Thank you to all of the Wentworth staff, especially Laura for taking such wonderful care of us, our family and friends and making it a wedding we'll all remember!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Sarah Smith · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing venue with a beautiful view

5 stars just ins't enough for this AMAZING venue. Every single staff member at the hotel goes above and beyond and that started the second we stepped foot into the venue. Multiple room options for both ceremony and reception, great cocktail hour space, food that is out of this world and fabulous service. Our coordinator, Laura and her team were extremely helpful from beginning to end. She was accommodating, knowledgeable, quick to respond to all of my emails/questions, professional, organized and great to work with. We didn't use a wedding planner because her assistance was more than enough! She helped us plan the perfect day and we couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. The beauty of the hotel goes without saying from the gorgeous lobby, restaurant, hotel rooms and location. The old world charm with pops of modern updates is the perfect setting for a gorgeous wedding weekend. Our guests raved about the hotel, staff and food. From beginning to end, you will not be disappointed with the Wentworth by the Sea.

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Wentworth by the Sea Hotel & Spa 12
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 12/01/2018

PERFECT wedding venue

I am so happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Wentworth By The Sea Hotel. Their wedding coordinator Laura is professional, detail oriented, and fun to work with. She made sure our special day was perfect. The Garden Gazebo was such a beautiful setting for our ceremony. The flowers and lawn are meticulously maintained. The day of our wedding was over 90 degrees, but Laura and her team made sure there was a cold water station and that guests felt welcome inside the hotel before the ceremony began. The Grand Ballroom for our reception felt so classy and elegant. We had about 120 guests and it was a perfect size. Some of our guests commented that every seat in the ballroom was a great seat. The biggest hit with our guests was definitely the food. The steak and salmon were cooked to perfection and the butternut squash raviolis were delicious. The grilled cheese station was an amazing late night snack. Definitely worth the add on. During cocktail hour the serving staff made sure there was a continuous flow of appetizers. I could go on and on about how impressive every detail was. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at the Wentworth By The Sea Hotel.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Abbey · Married on 11/11/2018

Absolute dream come true!

Adam and I can not express how happy we are with the decision we made with getting married at the Wentworth earlier this November. It was honestly a dream come true! The scenes were beautiful from drive in, the marina back drop for pictures, and the hotel inside and out. In fact, the Wentworth is a great place with so much charm you really don't have to go overboard with decorations because the beauty speaks for itself. Our guests have raved about the food and the white-glove service - it was really cool to watch and was a great touch to a perfect day.
    We worked with Laura Abraham from our first tour of the facility through to the end. She was an absolute dream to work with! She was very attentive, responsive, and of course had such great knowledge of everything wedding that she made it a breeze for our planning. She was there every step of the way and we couldn't be more thankful to have worked with her!
    For anyone looking to get married in New Hampshire, look no other than the Wentworth, no matter the season! Inside and out, it was all gorgeous and accommodating.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Nancy B. · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent venue and elegant reception

My daughters wedding was at Wentworth by the Sea Hotel and it went without a glitch. The venue is beautiful and the reception was very professionally handled. We worked with Laura Abraham Long and she guided us throughout the process. We used all of the vendor recommended to us and they were as good as the Wentworth. The food superb and the service impeccable.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Kelley · Married on 06/23/2018

The Wentworth by the Sea puts on a absolutely amazing wedding. The venue, the food, the personal service...everything was completely amazing! A dream come true.

Sent on 06/27/2018
    Wentworth by the Sea Hotel & Spa 13
    Wentworth by the Sea Hotel & Spa 14

Lisa · Married on 05/27/2018

Perfection... We searched several high end venues in NH for a small, elegant wedding (60 guests) and chose WBTS. It was hands down, the most elegant, gorgeous wedding we could have imagined and our guests were stunned. Laura ensured every detail was attended to and checked in with us early in the day and throughout the day into the evening ceremony and reception. We rented the Treaty Room where the bride, bridesmaids and moms had hair and makeup done, sipped champagne, laughed and cried. The wedding was held in the lovely historic gardens, a cocktail hour (order the bacon wrapped scallops) and reception in the Grand Ballroom with its Victorian chandeliers and beveled glass doors. Charming! The White Glove service was a huge hit with guests clapping as each table was served with amazing precision. Most guests went for the duet - filet mignon with lobster tail which was delicious. Our package included champagne, lovely custom cake, and many other additions and made it easy to pull an event together. With sophisticated guests from NYC and overseas, this wonderful hotel housed and entertained our guests with a world class vibe that was more than worth every penny. Laura treated us like family and we will savor the memories forever!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Ana · Married on 05/27/2018

As someone that did not grow up in the area, I had a difficult time finding a location and food that I liked. I'm grew up near New York City so my preferences were very different from my husband and his family but the Wentworth was something we all agreed on. I actually went solely off reviews and my mother in law's word on choosing the Wentworth. I never visited it until after we made a deposit. I don't regret it at all. My wedding was small but it was everything I wanted. Laura and her staff were wonderful. Laura was constantly checking on us and coordinated everything so well. The food was amazing, we had the filet mignon and lobster tail as well as the swordfish. All of our guests keep saying how amazing the food was and honestly it was better the night of the wedding than the tasting. I wish I could relive the day. I highly recommend the Wentworth!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Melissa · Married on 05/05/2018

We had the most gorgeous wedding at the Wentworth, a special shout out to Laura Abraham for her professionalism and swift work, she was absolutely perfection. I would highly recommend the Wentworth to any couple who wants a dream wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2018

First off, I wish I could give the Wentworth more than 5 stars. I cannot recommend enough hosting your wedding here. My husband and I got married in April of 2018, and everyone from the valet and check in, to the GM of the hotel, extended exceptional service starting the very first day my husband and I went to the Wentworth to decide if we wanted to have our wedding there. We worked with Laura, and I cannot say enough about her and her team, and the level of professionalism they provided. She not only efficient at her job but made the planning and decision process fun for my husband and I. We had our ceremony and reception on site, and Laura and her team did a fantastic job with the organization and flow of both. My husband and I live in Boston, so it was a lot of back and forth and emails in the planning process, but Laura was very accommodating to our schedules, took every stress I had, and never once let me down. She was prompt in her email responses and returning phone calls. My husband is from Ecuador, so we had a lot of out of town guests attending our wedding. Brian in reservations was outstanding helping me organize everyones reservations that do not live in this country. When my husband and I arrived on the Friday afternoon before the wedding, his car broke down in the valet lane, Laura and her team, as well as the AGM of the hotel took care of the entire situation for us of having his car towed to the nearest dealership. Also, on the day of the wedding, an hour and a half before the ceremony there was a huge mishap with my fathers tuxedo pants, again Laura and the GM resolved the issue and got him a brand new pair of tux pants, hemmed to his measurements in all! The food was outstanding! One of the most difficult parts of the process was deciding what we wanted to serve because everything was amazing! Laura helped me choose additional accent linens to make our reception pop. The white glove presidential service during the reception was a beautiful touch,

Sent on 07/12/2018

Amanda · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience for our wedding reception. From the beginning of the process and planning all the way through packing our car with decorations and extra cupcakes the day after our reception, the Wentworth was amazing. Planning was a breeze- well organized with a lot of attention to detail. We worked with both Abigail and Alyssa; both very attentive and timely in responses. The day of the wedding the Wentworth accommodated to my Groom and his groomsmen to get ready in a private room for the morning. When we arrived on site (1hr early by the way) the staff was prompt to bring our bridal party hor d'oeuvres and drinks while we took pictures. The Wentworth ballroom was decorated perfectly, with a thanks to Jardiniere Florists as well as Portsmouth Invitation Co, who made it easy to coordinate to make the day run smoothly. The food was delicious, the drinks were amazing (they served a Peach Berry Sangria as the bride cocktail and a Tom Collins for the groom), and the staff were classy and professional. The night was a dream come true, including the honeymoon suite with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. My husband and I would do the whole thing over in a heartbeat if we could!! We would HIGHLY recommend the Wentworth to anyway after our fairy tale experience. Classy, elegant, and flawless from beginning to end

Sent on 09/17/2017

Kate · Married on 07/22/2017

Our son's wedding at Wentworth By the Sea was absolutely perfect!! Abby Lajoie was fantastic all the way through the planning process to the day of the event. She worked hard to make it what the bride and groom wanted. Many of our guests commented on the presidential service at dinner and raved over the food! We all had a fantastic time thanks to being well taken care of by the staff at the Wentworth!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Cathleen · Married on 07/08/2017

My daughter's wedding reception was at Wentworth by the Sea and it was absolutely beautiful. The food was perfect, the service amazing. I would highly recommend this venue for your dream wedding. It is so worth it.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Kelly · Married on 07/01/2017

Abby & the Wentworth were incredible and exceeded all of our expectations from the signing of the contract until we checked out of the venue a few days after our wedding! We cannot say enough good things. We will be going back to the Wentworth year after year to celebrate our anniversary and say hello to the staff that was so gracious to us! If you're considering the Wentworth for your venue, stop considering and book it now--you will not regret it!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Ben · Married on 11/12/2016

The hotel was great! We had our ceremony/reception in the Wentworth Ballroom. Everything was set up as we had planned for. The staff service was exceptional. The food was amazing and they kept bringing out more and more for the raw bar! I would recommend the martini ice bar as well, it was a big hit!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Rene · Married on 07/23/2016

Stunning venue, professional staff, amazing coordinators and amenities! My life long dream of being a Wentworth bride came true and it was better than I could've imagined!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Meagan · Married on 06/11/2016

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I had my wedding reception there in June and it was absolutely amazing. The hotel and planner (Alyssa) thought of literally everything to make sure our day was perfect. The hotel took care of everything from the ballroom setup, bringing our gifts to the suite, and making sure all the events (introductions, toasts, dances, etc) were taken care of. We had nothing to worry about that day and everything was organized and beautiful. The bridal party even had it's own personal servers during cocktail hour to make sure we all had something to eat and they even put chocolate covered strawberries and prosecco in our suite. The suite was so gorgeous, we wished we could have spent more time in it! I can't forget to mention the Marina Suites either, my bridesmaids and I stayed in one the night before the wedding and it was so awesome, such a nice suite! What a wonderful and elegant place to be! We could not haven chosen a better venue for our reception. My husband and I can't wait to make it back to the hotel hopefully soon!

Sent on 12/21/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2016

Our wedding was June 4, 2016 in the Grand Ballroom and it was absolutely phenomenal. My husband and I worked with Abigail as our coordinator and she was professional, dedicated and had an eye for detail. Our day was flawless. The food, drinks, service and elegance of the room were AMAZING. All of our guests had an amazing time and we would highly recommend having your wedding reception at the Wentworth by the Sea.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Megan · Married on 10/10/2015

Fairy Tale Wedding!!

I was fortunate enough to have my wedding reception at the Wentworth By the Sea Hotel, in the Grand Ballroom. Jamie Staples was our event coordinator and was WONDERFUL!! She made sure that every detail of our day was covered, and during one of the planning sessions was able to remind me of things that I would have likely overlooked. The food was incredible, and the wait staff was out of this world. Craig was our Banquet Coordinator and made sure that my husband and I were well taken care of throughout the night. During the cocktail hour while the bridal party was out taking photographs, two waitresses accommodated our every request and none of us felt like we missed out on the hors d'oeuvres or drinks! Their preferred vendors and those vendors included in our package were all wonderful, and the grand ballroom looked the most beautiful I have ever seen it on my wedding day.

I wish I could re-live the wedding reception over and over...and many of our guests feel the same way. I would highly recommend WBS for wedding receptions!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I chose Wentworth by the Sea as the venue for our October 3rd wedding. I honestly cannot say enough great things about our experience with the staff and the venue.

Jaime Staples was our wedding coordinator and she was absolute perfection. She is a true asset to the Wentworth, and worked hard to make sure our wedding day went beyond our expectations. Not a single detail was overlooked, and that certainly was not lost on me.

We had our wedding in the grand ballroom and were able to take a look of it all set up before guests walked into the room. It was truly breathtaking and I've never seen an event space look more elegant. The banquet staff was also top notch. The presidential service had all of our guests in awe, and the food was so delicious.

Truly everything was beyond belief, and it put me at ease to know that my wedding day was in the hands of people that wanted it to go perfectly just as much as I did. They are the definition of 5 star service and I would recommend them to anyone thinking of having their wedding at the Wentworth

Sent on 10/13/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/25/2015

Everything was absolutely PERFECT! Jaime and the event staff completely exceeded my wildest expectations!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/24/2015