Wentworth by the Sea Hotel & Spa Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Jaclyn A. Married on 08/27/2022

Perfect Wedding

Couldn't have asked for a better wedding experience from the planning with Laura to the beautiful venue
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 05/14/2022

Amazing Venue

I am so HAPPY we chose WBTS for our wedding venue. WBTS and my wedding coordinator Laura Abraham truly know how to plan a wedding down to the last detail. Everyone we encountered at the Wentworth was absolutely amazing. We wish we could relive the day all over again! Cannot recommend WBTS for a wedding venue enough. The best decision we made!
  • Susan
    Susan S. Married on 04/23/2022

Extraordinary wedding venue!

The Wentworth by the Sea Hotel and Resort is the most magical place to have a wedding! We could not have been happier with our wedding weekend. Laura Abraham was wonderful to work with-- from the very first meeting to the night of the reception, she gave us good advice, was patient with our questions, and ably managed all of the details of an on-site ceremony and reception. Our guests were so impressed with the hotel, the service, the food, and the location. Laura checked on us during the wedding day, sent champagne and chocolates to the wedding suite, and generally made us feel special the entire weekend. We knew we were in good hands! We were a little concerned that pandemic-related staffing shortages might impact our celebration, but this was definitely not the case. All of the staff were terrific. We highly recommend this venue! You will not be disappointed.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Clarissa
    Clarissa Married on 04/16/2022

Best day of our lives

Our wedding was the most perfect day thanks to Laura and her team! Wentworth by the Sea was the perfect location for our wedding and Laura made our planning so easy. Her knowledge and ability to understand our vision was outstanding! Five stars is not enough!
    Patricia M. Married on 10/23/2021

Wedding on 10/23/21 at Wentworth by the Sea, New Hampshire

Laura was outstanding as our wedding planner! Very personable, always had answers to the multitude of questions we had and made us feel SO special. She was a joy to work with. The wedding day went off without a hitch and all the guests had a fantastic time and talked about how great everything was!! Well done Laura!! You are fantastic at your job!
  • M Natali
    M Natali Married on 10/09/2021

Perfection!

My daughter was married on 10/9/21 at Immaculate Conception Church and the reception was at Wentworth By The Sea. The entire staff deserves a shout out, they all did an unbelievable job on the entire weekend…especially Laura, our coordinator. Laura was on top of everything from the hotel rooms being ready early, making sure everyone got their guest bags and even coordinating shuttle service to the other hotels for the guests to have a safe ride home after a night of celebrating. Laura made sure that every vision I had come to fruition. The food was outstanding….from the raw bar to the late night snacks everything was so good. All of the guests said they had never been to a wedding reception that had food this fabulous, everyone was stuffed! Every single detail was perfect. I’ve got a touch of OCD when it comes to details and the execution of them and I never once worried, I was able to enjoy every minute of my daughter’s wedding day and Laura made sure of it!
    Samantha K. Married on 09/25/2021

Amazing Wedding!

Our wedding at Wentworth by the Sea was everything we had hoped for. Personally, I am not the type of bride who was looking forward to the wedding planning process, however, Wentworth by the Sea made it SO easy and their provided vendors were all excellent . Laura was very supportive throughout the entire process and made sure everything was right. We were sad to say "bye" to her at the end of the night! If you want to have a beautiful wedding that is stress-free, do not think twice!
    Debra K. Married on 09/11/2021

Wentworth by the Sea

Fabulous experience for our daughter’s wedding at Wentworth by the Sea. Beautiful setting, inside and beautiful grounds. Very professional staff. Laura, our event coordinator was superb, top shelf throughout the process with quick responses to emails, recommendations, guidance which gave us a very happy, successful wedding beyond our dreams. We are very pleased and Laura’s expertise, professionalism and grace at this venue made that happen.
    Pat R. Married on 09/04/2021

Wedding of our Dreams at Wentworth by the Sea

The Wentworth by the Sea Hotel and its team led by Laura Abraham Long gave us the wedding of our dreams. The venue is gorgeous, the food was spectacular, and the staff service was superb. We got married in the beautiful garden and our reception was in the spectacular Grand Ballroom. Our guests are still raving about all of it, including about the Signature White Glove Presidential Service. Laura, the Wentworth’s catering director, provided excellent advice every step along the way and patiently and quickly responded to all of our questions and concerns. It was like having our own personal wedding planner! And she and the staff were exceptionally sensitive to COVID concerns, helping to ensure the health and safety of our guests. We purchased a package and the Wentworth’s vendors for the cake, flowers, and escort & table cards also were excellent, extremely professional, and responsive to all of our questions. Our Justice of the Peace, Mary Carey Foley, who also is recommended by the Wentworth, was a continuously poised, charismatic, and inspirational presence. We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day and experience.
  • Anneka
    Anneka K. Married on 08/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most amazing staff & venue

Working with the Wentworth was one of the best choices we made with regard to our wedding by far. Laura and her team not only made the day as seamless and enjoyable as possible, but they also made us feel like they were personally invested in us and our day. My mom is extremely health compromised and Laura and her staff went above and beyond to make sure that she was well taken care of and looked after, which was one of the best ways they could have taken care of my (now) husband and me. For every single component of this process, from suggesting vendors, to responsiveness and complete partnership in building out our wedding, to the incredible food, service, presentation, and attention to detail, Laura and her staff went above and beyond at every single turn. They truly helped make our day as special and memorable and delightful as possible, and they really cared for us. We couldn’t be more grateful to them! The venue itself is also stunning, with beautiful photo opportunities both in the gardens and down by the marina, as well as stunning ballroom options for the reception! We will be coming back to celebrate anniversaries here, as our day was just that special and the team was just that good. We cannot recommend them enough!!
    Christine M. Married on 07/30/2021

Most perfect wedding we ever could have asked for at The Wentworth by the Sea

It has taken me a long time to write this review, because I couldn’t really find the perfect words to explain how happy I am that we chose this venue.

The Wentworth by the Sea absolutely exceeded my expectations on what I always pictured to be my dream wedding. After looking at a few other venues, when I toured the Wentworth & met with Laura, (director of catering) my mind was instantly made up on where I wanted our perfect wedding to take place.

I cannot say enough good things about this venue and everyone who was in attendance has said it was one of the best weddings they’ve ever been to.

To this day, almost 3 months later, guests are still telling me how they can’t stop thinking of the food at our wedding and how they cannot wait to book a weekend away at the Wentworth just to go back.

My husband and I got married on a Friday, and from the second we arrived at the hotel on Wednesday we were treated like royalty.

We opted for a 2 bedroom marina suite (which I would highly recommend). When you walk in the door it has a beautiful kitchen and living area with balcony doors and a balcony straight ahead over looking the water. There is a stair case leading up to the first bathroom, and then a few more stairs up & you’re on the top floor, which includes a first bedroom and the master suite with another bathroom & balcony. It was absolutely gorgeous and the perfect spot for 9+ girls to get ready the day of the wedding.

We ordered room service a few times, which we all know can be awful. It tasted like they rushed it straight from the kitchen to our room. It was unbelievably good.

The day of our wedding, everything was effortless. I could not believe how beautiful the ballroom looked, and how perfect everything went down, despite having to cut our rehearsal short due to downpours.

I have to mention that none of this would be possible without Laura A. She was more than I could have asked for in a “wedding coordinator”. Planning a wedding during Covid was not easy, it was stressful & uncertain and Laura constantly kept me in the loop of the ever changing mandates and was never ever misleading with me. She never told me what she “thought” was going to happen, she just gave me the straight facts. When we finally found out we could have our entire guest list of almost 200 people, Laura called to tell me the good news and I actually cried on the phone with her. During our wedding, I was very nervous & anxious before walking down the aisle and Laura kept assuring me how beautiful I looked & that I would be okay. She felt more like family by the end of our wedding than just someone who helped plan it.

I will end this by saying … my whole life I have thought about what my wedding day (and weekend) would look like…. And the Wentworth by the Sea made it all possible & more. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride looking for a perfect wedding.
    Darlene L. Married on 07/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best decision choosing The Wentworth !!

We made the BEST decision choosing Wentworth by the Sea! Working with Laura Abraham Long was an absolute dream. She is a TOP-NOTCH Professional who guided us with her years of expertise, knowledge and happy demeanor all the time. She perfected the "attention to detail" phrase. She always made us feel special. The Wentworth's outstanding food and beverage selections are highly recommended. The wide variety of appetizers and entrees to choose from are fabulous and delicious. The Maine Scallops Wrapped in Bacon and the Mini Beef Wellingtons are a must have! Everyone from our Wedding had nothing but praise for the incredible Duet (Filet and Lobster Tail) - it was DELICIOUS!! The Signature White Glove Presidential Service of the dinner was spectacular to watch. Every detail, from glass of champagne to all Guests on arrival after the ceremony, to the beautiful Wentworth Ballroom - everything was absolutely magical. We had our Wedding Ceremony on the Property in the Garden which was so beautiful and felt like a dream come true. Every staff member was extremely accommodating and a pleasure to work with. We can't say enough how absolutely wonderful and elegant our wedding was at the Wentworth. We chose the Little Harbour package and felt it was a excellent value for everything we received. We had ZERO issues with anything - 100% perfection!! We would do it all over again hands down.
  • Renee
    Renee L. Married on 07/17/2021

This is your venue!

Not only is this venue absolutely stunning, but the packages, the entire staff, the grounds, the ballroom, the guest rooms, the food, every bit this hotel has to offer makes it the perfect location for your dream day.

Laura Abraham Long and her fantastic team of professionals at WBTS truly made planning a wedding feel both manageable and incredibly fun. Laura provides world class service, advice and guidance, support, comfort and SO much more throughout every step of the wedding planning process. She is prompt, understanding, open, a listening ear, kind and so knowledgeable. She also helped us through three date changes and throughout the entire COVID pandemic which was so reassuring and appreciated.

Beyond Laura, the entire team remained by our side throughout the entire wedding weekend and cared for our every need. I had no idea that we would not only be pampered but cared for by all. From the housekeepers, to the valet team, every employee knew we were "the guests of honor" as they call it and made us feel so special. From the bottom of our hearts, we know that our wedding day was a dream come true all thanks to this incredible venue. We are eternally grateful and wish we could do it all over again!!
  • Katrina
    Katrina H. Married on 07/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely beautiful & perfect summer wedding at the Wentworth!

We had the most elegant, wonderful, and beautiful summer wedding at the Wentworth by the Sea Hotel during July of 2021. Laura Abraham is absolutely incredible at working with brides, grooms, and their families to ensure that they have the most perfect wedding day. In addition to being exceptionally organized, proactive, and responsive, Laura is such an incredibly kind person and truly makes each couple feel special throughout the wedding planning process. We met Laura in the fall of 2018 shortly after we were engaged and initially planned a summer of 2020 wedding. Having to navigate through truly uncharted territory, Laura was there for us continuously during the uncertainty of spring of 2020, when we ultimately made the decision to postpone our wedding to July of 2021. Throughout the entire pandemic leading up to our wedding Laura was always so calm, understanding, and empathetic which meant to much to us. Once the day of our wedding finally arrived, after so much anticipation it was absolutely perfect.

From the evening my family checked into the hotel the night before the wedding, Laura was present to make sure everything was going well. Given the many meetings we had leading up to the day, I felt incredibly at ease knowing that everything would be handled for us on our wedding day. Knowing Laura had all of the details mapped out made the getting ready process that day go incredibly smoothly. Even as I departed for the ceremony at the church Laura was there to see myself, my family, and my bridesmaids as we departed in the limo. She kept track of every special moment to ensure things were going smoothly, even before the reception began. Later on, prior to the reception, even as we had some struggles with bustling my dress Laura managed to bring calm to what could have been a stressful situation and was there to support me. In addition to Laura, her staff is outstanding. Just prior to the reception, Laura introduced us to her colleague Ivy, who stayed with us throughout the night to ensure we had everything we needed. Ivy was exceptional to work with as well and partnered with Laura to continue to make sure we had the best evening possible.

The reception was absolutely flawless and was more wonderful than we ever could imagined. The Grand Ballroom at the Wentworth is the ballroom we held our reception in, and it is incredibly beautiful. There are gorgeous chandeliers throughout the room which creates a regal, charming atmosphere. We had around 92 guests and the room fit this group incredibly comfortably. For couples looking to have more than this number of guests there was certainly plenty of room to expand beyond this number. The food was so incredibly decadent. Our guests to this day still comment on how they've never been to a wedding with such delicious food. Family and friends still comment on how at the cocktail the hors d'oeuvres were never-ending, refreshing, and very filling. Both us and our guests were even more so impressed by the dinner. So many of our guests have noted how the filet mignon and lobster tail combination was outstanding, and that the filet melted in their mouth. The white glove service was also superb - friends and family still to this day comment on how exceptional that service was and how incredible it was to watch the servers in unison.

Following the dinner, the rest of the night went incredibly smoothly. After the reception concluded we didn't have to worry about anything. Laura's team masterfully packed up all of our personal belongings for safekeeping until the next day.

The worst part of the night was when it ended! We wanted the reception to go on and on, and still to this day wish we could go back in time to enjoy the best day of our lives again.

Laura Abraham and her team at the Wentworth by the Sea Hotel are amazing. The venue is incredible - what more can you ask for than a stunning historic hotel set beside the beautiful New Hampshire seacoast? For any couples looking for the perfect venue - look no further. You will not regret your decision to have your wedding at the Wentworth by the Sea! We wish we could be in your shoes and relive the wonderful experience all over again!

Anna N. Married on 07/10/2021

Dream Wedding Venue

I cannot say enough about the Wentworth team! I grew up in Portsmouth and it was a dream of mine as a little girl to have my wedding at the Wentworth one day! Laura and her team turned my dream into reality and they made it the PERFECT day for us.

Through the ups and downs of COVID and a reschedule of our wedding, plus navigating planning a wedding from 3000 miles away, Laura was right by our side to give us all of the information we needed to make the best decision for us as a couple and ensure we still had the dream wedding we had hoped for. All things considered, it was a smooth planning process thanks to the trust we built with Laura and her team and that made the day of that much easier too.

Then the wedding weekend came! As soon as we walked through the doors to check-in to our room, the 5-star service started. The team at the Wentworth was so attentive to our needs and our guests needs. We all truly felt special. And it only got better the day of. All of my nerves disappeared as soon as I met our day of staff. They were so attentive and went out of their way to make sure every need was met and every question was answered. It truly was a remarkable, seamless, smooth, carefree, and joyous day thanks in large part to the staff at the Wentworth! I thought I was going to be an anxious, nervous bride but the anxiety and nerves never showed up because I knew we would be well taken care of. Not to mention the venue itself is just GORGEOUS! The history, the water views, the elegance of the venue - it's stunning.

Highly, highly, highly recommend the Wentworth for a reception venue!
  • CHRISTIE
    Christie K. Married on 06/03/2021

Wedding Review

I would give this venue 10-stars if I could!!! There is no other establishment where you will receive as OUTSTANDING of an experience for your wedding day, other than Wentworth by the Sea! The staff is beyond EXCEPTIONAL! Every single member of their team makes you, your family and friends feel welcome and relaxed, each hour of your stay! Ask for Laura, who is in charge of it all, and she will make sure your special day is nothing short of PERFECTION! She is the most wonderful, professional and helpful person you will ever come across to help you plan the most important day of your life! I was so IMPRESSED with Wentworth by the Sea, that in the future, I will have every memorable event at this hotel, whether it be an anniversary, a weekend away, a birthday... they had that big of a memorable impact on myself and my fiancé! Look no further, this is the ONLY place to celebrate your wedding!
  • Julie
    Julie Married on 12/31/2020

1/1/21 Wentworth Wedding Weekend

Laura and her team are incredible! Planning a wedding during a pandemic is hard but Laura was honest, transparent, and understanding of the difficult situation. They helped us navigate a safe and intimate wedding for our closest friends and family. It was truly a perfect day and I'm so grateful for the Wentworth team! The recommended vendors including Jardiniere Flowers, C-Zone Entertainment, Jacques Pastries, and Portsmouth Invitation Company were all a pleasure to work with and it was really helpful that they had worked with the Wentworth team for past events. Some vendors had also collaborated with the office staff at the church and it felt like they came together as a unified team to take care of every detail allowing me to feel at ease on my wedding day.

We did have out of town guests and family members who were not comfortable with traveling during the peak of the Covid pandemic in January (we got married on 1/1/21), but we are already planning on a reunion at the Wentworth when it's safe so that everyone is able to enjoy spending time together at this beautiful venue. It would be a treat to work with Laura and her team again in the future!
  • Megan
    Megan H. Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing Venue and Staff!

Beautiful, elegant, timeless - and that's just the exterior of Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel and Spa! Our wedding was truly a bright light amidst a rough 2020. Wentworth by the Sea, especially Director of Catering, Laura Abraham Long, took incredible care of us and our guests. I absolutely recommend WbtS as your wedding venue - in or out of a Pandemic. We began planning our wedding in August 2019 and were provided with great care and transparent information regarding services and pricing. In Nov. 2019 Laura invited us to attend a fabulous tasting party at WbtS where we could experience the Wentworth Ballroom decked out in a glamorous state, meet an array of vendors, and taste WbtS's fantastic food. Our wedding was to be in late June of 2020. As the east coast shut down due to covid19, we had to make the overwhelming decision to wait it out or postpone our wedding. Laura was transparent and thoughtful in helping us reschedule our wedding, and the venue was incredibly generous in working with us to adapt our contract from 200 guests down to 58 guests. There were many new rules for guest and staff safety that could have made our reception feel awkward - but in fact, WbtS went above and beyond to make us and our guests feel safe, happy, and (almost) normal! Our wedding took place on Oct. 24, 2020 and it was the day of our dreams. Even all masked up you could tell that every guest was grinning! The food was fantastic (we're still hearing from guests on how great their meals were), we were able to have a socially distant dance floor, a (masked up) band, and we danced all night! It was absolutely a party and my husband and I feel so fulfilled. (And PS - guests quarantined and were tested before arriving to the hotel, and everyone was very serious about wearing their masks and practicing social distancing during the wedding festivities.)
    Greg P. Married on 10/10/2020

We recommend Wentworth By The sea

The folks at WWBTS were wonderful to work with. Beyond the beautiful venue, all the staff delivered white glove service every step of the way. They were thoughtful and attentive, taking away the stress and allowing us to truly enjoy our day. What a wonderful memory we have of our time there. We highly recommend.
    Nicole L. Married on 08/29/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing! The most perfect wedding day and so worth the wait!

Laura was amazing to work with for our wedding! We had been waiting two years for this special day because of covid and she made sure everything went how I envisioned it! From answering emails, giving advice, and making sure everyone felt comfortable! The venue is so beautiful, but it was even more the day of the wedding and I cannot thank Laura and all of the staff at Wentworth enough! If you’re looking for an amazing spot to get married on the water with all the amenities look no further than Wentworth By The Sea!
    Sean M. Married on 03/14/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly recommend this excellent venue - exceptional service and a scenic venue!

We cannot recommend this venue highly enough! In planning an off-season wedding, (1) price and (2) finding a location where we could hold the ceremony and reception AND our guests could stay was important. Laura Abraham and her team went above and beyond to make sure the experience was optimal for all involved, even on the eve of a global pandemic! Pricing for food/drink was reasonable, the room rates offered were exceptional, and the Wentworth team worked seamlessly with our photographer and DJ. The atmosphere was perfect for us, and Laura's attention to detail made the day feel perfect.
    Karissa M. Married on 10/12/2019

Simply perfect

The Wentworth by the Sea went Absolutely above and beyond to make my wedding elegantly perfect. The entire team made sure every detail was exactly the way I wanted. I guess raved about the food and how beautiful the venue was. I highly recommend using the preferred vendors by the Wentworth. The seamless integration between the vendors and the Wentworth team was impeccable. A Wentworth wedding will far exceed your expectations!
  • Kelly
    Kelly G. Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing Fall Wedding

Our wedding was spectacular. We worked closely with Erin in the planning process who was fantastic. Every detail was thought of and taken care of. Day-of banquet managers were equally great. So attentive during the entire reception. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful the wedding was. I will say that the room block/guests booking rooms was a hassle because it goes through the national phone number and not the Wentworth itself. Even with that, any issues we had were swiftly taken care of by Erin. Us and our guests had the best day.
  • Hannah
    Hannah N. Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely beautiful venue!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Wentworth by the Sea on 8/31/19 and we could not be more happy with our choice in venue! The Wentworth was absolutely perfect and we had the wedding of our dreams there. The venue itself was beautiful from the Wentworth Ballroom, to the cocktail hour area with views of the water, to the lobby, the guest rooms, the restaurants, and the spa. Everything there was perfect and well-planned. The grounds and the marina were gorgeous for photos, which we loved. All of our wedding guests are still raving about the food at the wedding as well and we were told it was some of the best food they've ever had at a wedding! Laura Abraham Long was our wedding planner/senior catering manager at the Wentworth and she was absolutely phenomenal. We cannot say enough good things about her. She worked with us from the time we first visited the venue until our dinner was served at our wedding - which was over the course of about 19 months! She was professional, organized, and so very kind. She was so easy to work with and kept us on track throughout the entire planning process. We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Wentworth, it was a weekend we will never forget!
  • Micho
    Micho Married on 08/17/2019

Best Day Ever

We feel so grateful to have gotten married at the Wentworth by the Sea. It was an absolute dream! We hosted our garden ceremony on the back lawn and our reception in the Wentworth Ballroom in August and couldn’t be happier with our decision. I could go on and on about how impressive every detail was, but here are the highlights:

The beauty of the property is overwhelming from the moment you drive up. We utilized the gardens, marina, and the porch for our wedding photos and they are absolutely stunning. The garden was impeccably maintained for our ceremony. The beauty of the building speaks for itself. We didn’t bring much into the space decoration-wise because we didn’t want to take away from the classic, historical features.

We are almost eight weeks out from our wedding and our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was. From cocktail hour to each course everything was delectable. I still dream about the sea bass. In addition the grilled cheese station was an amazing late night snack. The white-glove service is impressive. It was really cool to watch each table be served!

Our coordinator, Erin Blake, made wedding planning a breeze from start to finish. Throughout the twelve months we worked with Erin was professional, attentive, responsive, and detail oriented. She was always accessible via email and made the time to speak on the phone or in person whenever I requested. We didn’t utilize a wedding planner she was so good, and it was clear she genuinely cared that our day was organized and everything we wanted it to be. I couldn’t be more thankful to have worked with her!

Thank you to all of the Wentworth staff, especially Erin and our banquet manager, for taking such wonderful care of us, our family and friends and making it a wedding we'll all remember! We look forward to celebrating anniversaries at the Wentworth for years to come.
illustration stars