Wendy Hickok Photography Reviews

72 | Annapolis, MD

72 Reviews for Wendy Hickok Photography

• Lindsay

Lindsay Lusignea · Married on 01/04/2020

She is the wedding photographer you want

My husband and I HIGHLY recommend Wendy for your engagement and/or wedding photos. She has a bright personality, was down to earth and easy to chat with, and on the day of we hardly knew she was there as she captured the most perfect moments. At times she recommended we do something, or get a picture at a certain angle/backdrop and these also turned out incredible. By the way, we were SUPER picky about our photographer and interviews 12 people by phone, looking through the details of the photos online and reviews. She narrowed it down to three and chose Wendy because of the style of her photos, the clarity of her photos, and her awesome communications.

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Sara

Sara Carter · Married on 10/18/2019

Excellent Experience!!

I HIGHLY recommend Wendy as your photographer!! She has a vision like no other. She is so personable and professional and very quick to respond to emails. She is passionate and experienced and for someone who didn't really know what to expect when it came to her wedding day, she was a pleasure to work with. She had us fill out a questionnaire, took the time to get to know us as a couple, and met with us before-hand so we could plan out the photos that were important to us the day of so we didn't waste time. We got the best pictures, but also made it to out cocktail hour for a little bit and we didn't even do a first look! She was so efficient and was very quick to get out photographs back to us. Look no further for an amazing photographer, who truly cares about her clients!!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Christy · Married on 10/12/2019

By Far The BEST Photography Team

Wendy and Liz are absolutely incredible. They did our engagement and wedding photos in Annapolis. I cannot say enough great things about them. First of all, Wendy is a creative genius. She has the most incredible eye and creates storybook perfect photos. Wendy and Liz are extremely quick to reply to emails, are extremely flexible, and they go above and beyond to capture your day perfectly. They are both extremely sweet, personable, and you can tell they love what they do. I will, without a doubt, hire Wendy & Liz for any family photos or other photography projects in the future.
    If you are on the fence about who to hire as a photographer or about the pricing for photography, I can promise you that you cannot go wrong with Wendy and that it will be worth every single penny - and then some.

Sent on 04/30/2020

Karen · Married on 09/14/2019

Wendy made our day. She has mad skills with the camera, that's a fact. But what you don't know until you meet her is that her personality is her super power. She has this gift to be able to make you feel comfortable so she can capture truly genuine moments from your wedding, showing the emotions of the day and making even posed photos look completely natural. She made it all fun. We felt like we made a new friend that day, and don't want this to be the last time we see Wendy. Hire her for your wedding. You won't regret it!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Helene Jernick · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing Experience and Even More Amazing Pictures

Wendy and Liz are the dynamic duo. They are personable and warm and made my partner and I feel so comfortable. For the formal group shots, they provided helpful direction and were able to get such great and unique photos in a short amount of time. Throughout the entire wedding day and evening they were able to capture all the important moments without being pushy or controlling. In fact, many of our guests commented on how impressed they were with the photographers and the way that they blended in so well. Bonus points for including our dog and working so well with her!

They have a very quick turnaround time and sent us the finished photos while we were still on our honeymoon! We still haven’t picked out photos for the wedding album- it’s too hard because there are too many good ones to choose from! I have already recommended them to several people and would use them again for an important event in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/04/2020

Paola R. · Married on 07/09/2019

Excellent Photographer

My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend Wendy Hickok Photography to anyone for any event or occasion whatsoever. We were trying for a wedding celebration a little less structured, with some pictures of family and friends and us on our long-awaited wedding day. In our first meeting, that was basically all I had to share with Wendy, which is not much. She put me at ease immediately with her warm personality and offered many suggestions for things I had not thought of. Our meeting was a chat with a friend that knew how to fill in the blanks. I left confident despite feeling like I had given her nothing much to work with. Wendy's amazing ability to easily create and capture special moments, coupled with her wonderful personality, provided us with wedding photos that are more beautiful than we could have hoped for. Wendy was fantastic with our guests - several later asked if she was a friend of ours (I say Yes to that). She is also highly skilled at providing support to, while somehow taking beautiful photos of, crying Brides and Grooms. It was a great day, with love and happiness all around and we are very, very happy that we chose Wendy Hickok Photography.

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle Sgro · Married on 06/22/2019

Flawless— absolute perfection

Wendy Hickok and her team were amazing. From capturing our engagement photos with the DC cherry blossoms to creating stunning wedding photos, we would recommend her hands down to anyone in need of photos for any occasion. She did an amazing job and made sure we were stress free on our big day.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Mary

Mary Reft · Married on 04/06/2019

Best "Vendor" of the Day! We

From our first phone call, I felt like Wendy really cared about US and our wedding day. Before our big day, we met Wendy for happy hour to get to know each other better and plan. Leaving that happy hour, I was not only more confident in my choice to use Wendy, but also both my husband and I wanted to hang out with her again. She's so personable and easy to talk to. Our wedding day went so smoothly thanks to Wendy and her partner, Liz. They went the extra mile to make sure that they got all the special moments and details. All of the beautiful the pictures are proof! Talking after the wedding, my husband and I agreed that Wendy was our favorite vendor of the day, so friendly, no issues, and worth every penny

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 11/03/2018

Hire Wendy for Your Wedding!

Wendy is an amazing photographer! She is fun, friendly, professional, and talented! She did our engagement photos & our wedding photos. She returned them timely and they were beautiful. She added a low key, fun vibe to our special wedding day. She took tons of great candid photos out on the dancefloor, which I wasn't expecting, and also captured all of the key moments too. We did a first look and are really glad we did one so we had extra couple photos from our wedding day. I'd definitely recommend Wendy to other brides & hope to use her again in the future!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Nora · Married on 09/15/2018

Great experience!

We hired Wendy for our November 2019 Wedding. We loved working with her so much. It’s also great that part of her booking includes an engagement session! My fiancé and I weren’t going to do one but we are so glad we did. My first phone call with Wendy was so great. I felt like I knew her forever. She totally picked up on my feelings and what I wanted for the wedding immediately and made things so easy. On our wedding day her and Liz showed up right on time and were so lovely. Taking posed pictures can sometimes be awkward and they made it so fun and easy. I would not only recommend Wendy and Liz but also use them again 100 percent!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2018

Wendy is an absolutely fantastic photographer, and I couldn't be more happy with our wedding photos. For such a significant, exciting, yet potentially stressful event- there two essential things needed: mad photography skills, and a great attitude. Wendy has both of them in buckets (as does Liz her lovely assistant!). The photographs all turned out stunning, capturing the genuine emotion of the day with an careful attention to detail, an eye for catching all the little personal moments, and a beautiful glowing light throughout. The black and white photos are such a great addition; they are all well picked and have such a great depth and contrast. Just as importantly Wendy has such a great personality and ability to put people at ease; the constant laughter in the photos is evidence of that ("I want you to whisper all of your favorite sandwich ingredients into her ear in your sexiest voice..."). She manages to bring the perfect balance of fun and professionalism in, she was extremely responsive to all my requests and questions, and all-in-all really helped make it an amazing day. I can't thank you two enough!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Maggie · Married on 04/14/2018

I cannot day enough great things about Wendy! She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera during both our engagement and wedding pictures. The pictures we have are unbelievably gorgeous and we will treasure them forever. She was fun to work with and she was everywhere but nowhere on the wedding day, which was perfect! She traveled for our wedding and was the one vendor I never had to worry about. She is so organized, easy to talk to, and very reliable.

Wendy has a fantastic personality too and was so fun to work with. We will definitely be working with her in the future for any other pictures we do!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Wendy! She photographed our engagement session and wedding in September 2017. She is so talented and a true artist. In addition to her photography skills, she is a great person to work with. She is professional, organized, and fun to work with. We had a wonderful mix of classic portraits, beautiful candids, and creative photos that words cannot do justice. She is extremely prompt in terms of communication via email and phone. It was incredible to work with a wedding vendor that put me at ease and made sure I knew everything was taken care. I treasure the photos we have and plan to book more sessions with her in the future. Do yourself a favor and book her now!!

Sent on 12/19/2017
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/22/2016

Wendy Hickock Photography Is Ze Best!

Where do I begin? Wendy (and Liz!) were so awesome to work with leading up and during the wedding! I knew when we were frolicking around Old Town laughing during our engagement photos that we made the right decision for our wedding day. They captured our wedding day so beautifully and fit right in with our family and friends. Wendy is great with navigating family dynamics and taking photos quickly. I also appreciated that Wendy was flexible with us. Like most brides, I was trying to keep costs down. She provided me with different package options and did not try to sell me on things I did not need. I feel like we got two amazing friends out of it too. If you are looking for a laid back, professional, fun, and talented photographer - look no further! Wendy Hickok Photography just does it right.

Sent on 03/01/2020

Hilary · Married on 06/11/2016

Wendy is the bomb!! Her photos are absolutely awesome, but equally important she is SO MUCH FUN. It is important to have a good relationship with your photographer because he/she will be with you for a good chunk of your wedding day. We had so much fun with Wendy and were completely floored by the amazingness of her photos when we got them after our wedding. She did an engagement shoot and our wedding day and had both sets of photos to us within a few weeks.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Fantastic to work with. We did not do an engagement session due to busy schedules and a short engagement, so the first time that we met was the day of the wedding. Did not matter. She made me feel like the most beautiful bride that she's ever seen. Very easy to work with, and she knew our ceremony venue very well (Naval Academy), so she knew where the great photos would be for portraits. She worked wonderfully with the second shooter that she brought for the day as well.

She was FANTASTIC with my flower girls and getting them to laugh and smile for pictures. She was always there when I wanted her, even though I never actually noticed that she was there. (THIS is what you want. Someone who blends in, but is always there to capture the best moments.)

Pricey, yes, but I didn't think that she was above average at all for the area for someone with her level of expertise. And do you really want to skimp on your one chance to get beautiful photos? I didn't think so. You can find cheaper photogs, but that means that you're getting a lower experience level, and we were NOT going to risk that. She was worth it. We got all of our pictures back in about 6 weeks, and now for the rest of my life I can see how beautiful that day was. We only used her for capturing the wedding, but she does offer album services and many other awesome add-ons (engagement session, albums, parents books, etc.).

TOTALLY would recommend.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Patty · Married on 09/19/2015

I have known Wendy for many years and have recommended her to several of my friends and family who have used her services and have all been very pleased with Wendy and her photography. I was so excited when I got engaged and could use Wendy for my own wedding on 9/19/15!!

She is absolutely amazing. She captures moments and images that most photographers would overlook. She is so easy and fun to work with. My entire wedding party had a blast with her during my wedding and reception. Can't wait to see my pictures! I know they will be "Over the Top"!

Would and have highly recommend Wendy to all of my friends and family!

Patty & Richard

Sent on 09/30/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2015

Wendy is simply amazing! She works with you to keep you comfortable and happy through all of your photos. She knows how to take advantage of your surroundings, no matter where you are. She's funny, personable, and totally professional. I'd recommend her to anybody!

She is a little pricey, but you are absolutely getting your money's worth. It's worth it for such amazing photos!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Laura · Married on 09/04/2015

Wendy is truly the best. She is kind, professional, artistic, creative, skilled, generous, bubbly, energetic & she always makes the subject feel beautiful and special. She is trained and is a true professional. I have worked with other photographers and every time I go to a wedding with another one, they never add up. She is truly the best. We go back to her year after year for family, maternity, etc shoots because she is fantastic. No one compares. We've been clients for 6 years!

Sent on 02/14/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2015

I knew after meeting with Wendy for my sisters wedding, that when the time came for mine, I’d want her! I’m so glad that it all worked out the way it did and she was able to capture some amazing photos of that day. The process was fun, and I’d do it again in a heartbeat! Thank you Wendy!!!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Christen · Married on 06/13/2015

We had our engagement pictures done in OCT and they turned out AMAZING. Wendy made us feel very comfy during the photo shoot. Family will be getting copies for XMAS gifts this year. Can't wait to see her magic at the WEDDING :)

Sent on 12/18/2014

Wendy Hickok Photography's reply:

I love getting to know my clients during engagement shoots! It helps me get to know my couples so I'm not a stranger on their wedding day and an excuse for them to have a photographic date!! So glad you love them!

Marje · Married on 04/11/2015

I've known Wendy for years, and when I got engaged, her name was at the top of my list for our wedding photographer. Wendy is an old friend, so I was already comfortable with her, but she easily put our family, friends, and bridal party at ease and made the day really fun and relaxed for everyone. She has an eye for color and for beautiful compositions--it has been hard deciding which photos to turn into larger prints!

Wendy and her second shooter, Kyle, shot our wedding in April 2015. The week leading up to our wedding was gray, cold, and wet, and we worried that we wouldn't have any flowers or green on the trees on the wedding day. We lucked out and the cherry blossoms bloomed and the flowers popped the day before our wedding....Wendy captured the newness of the spring and the photos are absolutely stunning; we've received so many compliments on them and I've had several people ask for the name of our photographer. We loved her use of color and black and white, and what really sold my husband was the style of photography. We had posed pictures, but even those look very natural, and Wendy focuses on capturing the moments of the day rather than going for a very stylized photo shoot. Wendy and Kyle caught many small moments that day, from newly engaged friends dancing cheek to cheek to the antics of my nieces and the exuberant dancing of our guests to my new husband and I enjoying a quiet minute alone and watching our guests enjoy the reception.

Wendy is very responsive, experienced, and works hard to make sure the day runs smoothly. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Shanell · Married on 12/13/2014

Wendy did an amazing job capturing my anniversary party. She was on time an attentive. She told the story through photographs. Please do not hesitate to book Wendy for your wedding. My family and friends can't stop raving about how gorgeous the pictures turned out. She is absolutely a gem! We couldn't be happier with the way our pictures look. I will be using Wendy for all of my photo needs in the future. Fabulous!!!!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Sandi · event on: 11/08/2014

Wendy was professional, kind and very easy to work with. Her photos weren't staged. She watched our family in action and captured shots that blew us away. Her in depth understanding of lighting and appropriate angles made our photos exceptional. She got the files to us very quickly, and the feedback we recieved from friends and family was fantastic. We will definitely use Wendy again for our family photo shoots and will highly recommend her to everyone we know.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/11/2014

Wendy is amazing! Wendy did our wedding day photos and engagement photos. We first came across Wendy's work while looking at wedding venues and were impressed by how clear, bright, and artistic her photo's were. Months later, our wedding planner suggested Wendy and we were thrilled to see those photos we had been admiring were hers. Wendy was such a delight to work with throughout the entire process. She makes a groom who hates getting his pictures taken laugh and calms an anxious brides nerves. Wendy catches all the shots you want and those that you never even knew were there! Wendy makes you laugh through out the day, has toys hidden in her pockets for kids, and dances across the dance floor snapping away. We have received so many compliments on our photos and loved Wendy so much my brother and his fiancé will be using her for their wedding as well. Even the packaging when the final photo's are delivered is beautiful! Thank you for capturing our favorite memories!

Sent on 03/20/2015