Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings Reviews

Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 5
  • Rayssa

Rayssa · Getting married on 02/21/2020

Super recommend

Everything going really good so far!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

We truly appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to be part of your wedding planning experience. We can’t wait to continue working with you and make your wedding day special!
  • Kate

Kate Nguyen · Married on 07/27/2019

An amazing and memorable experience!

This was the first venue my sister, her fiancée, bridesmaid and I visited and right off the bat we knew it was the one. The venue was beautiful with an incredible view and lovely staff to top it off. The bride and groom to be were planning the wedding from Chicago with 2-3 visits until the special day. Lauren and Heather were transparent, communicative and extremely helpful every step of the way. The wedding day was everything we hoped for and more. I’m beyond thrilled to celebrate this amazing moment at Boulder Ridge.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Justine · Married on 07/26/2019

Justine & Armani - July 26, 2019 Wedding

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I don't know what I'd do without Lauren and her team at Boulder Ridge. The service I received from Lauren was second to none. She listened to all my needs and wants, executed everything perfectly, and always put our happiness first. She went completely above and beyond for us - I couldn't have asked for a better venue coordinator. She is amazing! Super sweet, extremely thoughtful and caring, very organized and just an overall pleasure to be around. Love her personality! Trying to plan a wedding is immensely overwhelming - but with Lauren by my side guiding me the entire way through, it was manageable! All my questions were answered timely and efficiently, she kept my days organized and assisted with all my priorities - and she definitely handled all the vendors impeccably! Everything went by sooooo smoothly at my wedding. No hiccups at all. Every detail was covered thanks to Lauren and the team!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Catherine · Married on 07/21/2019

Amazing wedding venue

If you are looking for a beautiful, organized, stress free wedding, Wedgewood is the way to go! I had my wedding 10 days ago and I cannot get over how amazing everything turned out.

When I was looking for wedding venues about a year ago, Boulder Ridge caught my eye with the beautiful location on top of Almaden Valley overlooking San Jose. I was born in raised in San Jose so this was a perfect location. My husband and I drove to Boulder Ridge just to check it out and as we were heading up the hill, all of the greenery, boulders, and even deers caught our attention and we immediately fell in love. We made an appointment for more information a week later.

Our Proposal appointment was with Lauren. She was very nice and helpful. She gave us a tour of where the ceremony and reception were held which was even more perfect then I imagined. She helped plan out our proposal and was thorough in explaining the packages and how we can remove or add items. She explained that they provide catering, bar service and also have vendors that they work with so you don’t have to look for any other vendors. We left the appointment knowing that Wedgewood Boulder Ridge would be THE VENUE to have our wedding. We accepted the proposal a few days later and Lauren also helped us finalize our contract.

We had our 4 months out meeting with Tori. She was very friendly and also very helpful and went over our timeline with us including all the details of what we wanted. Our 4 weeks out phone appointment was with Lauren and just like before, she was very helpful and confirmed everything on our timeline. Even after our phone call, I kept calling her because I kept forgetting things to add or ask, she was very nice and understanding.

Our final appointment was with Heather, she was also our coordinator for our rehearsal and wedding day. Heather was fantastic through it all! I was so pleased with how everything was set up the day of the wedding. I had tried to make all of my decorations organized when I turned them into her and even had a list of what and where to place things and Heather did an amazing job! She was very attentive to us and our bridal party and was always checking in on us and always asked if we needed anything. I honestly do not know what I have done without her. She was there to tell us what was next on our agenda and was so nice and bubbly through it all. With all my nerves that was going on before the ceremony, she made me feel so calm and comfortable and made sure we were all taken care of. Heather was amazing, my wedding turned out to be so beautiful, better than I imagined and I’m so thankful for her help. I give her an A+++++++

After Heather’s shift was over, the Banquet Captain(I’m so sorry I cannot remember her name) was also very attentive and even made sure all of our decorations were packed and ready to go at the end of the night.

What made me choose this venue was they do EVERYTHING for you! You just need to pick what you want and show up on your big day! I’m not one to plan events, mainly because of the stress, but booking with Wedgewood took all of the stress away. I received so many compliments on how beautiful the location was, how good the food was, how awesome the DJ and photo booth people were, and how nice ALL OF THE STAFF were during the event.
    I’m so happy that I chose Wedgewood Boulder Ridge for one of the biggest moments of my life. Thank you Heather and the Wedgewood Staff for everything!!!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Esther

Esther · Married on 12/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing

My sister and I decided to have a double wedding, which came with all the issues of regular wedding planning times 2. The easiest thing for us to agree on was this beautiful venue. What really sold me was the coordinators Angela and Tori. The Wedgewood process is easy enough but these two ladies really took it up a notch. They made planning as easy as breathing and were supportive and encouraging throughout the entire process. The vendors that we used that were connected to the venue ( flowers, DJ, cake) were just as amazing and flexible. I was scared I’d be pressured into something that would put me over budget but they were amazing and really worked with us. The day of the wedding they were amazing !!! It was so beautiful, I’m still in awe. Our guests are still talking about how beautiful verything was and even how awesome Angela was. I would 100% do my wedding here again and my husband and I were even talking about vow renewals in like 10 years and the only place we would want to host it at is this venue. Hope this helps and that if your planning a wedding that you consider this venue. Once you meet Angela and Tori, you’ll be sold!

Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 6
    Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 7
    Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 8
    Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 9
    Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 10
    Sent on 12/29/2018

Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience with Wedgewood Weddings. It is truly our pleasure to be part of your special day. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness together and congratulations!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Venue Ever!!

Look no further than Boulder Ridge Golf and Country Club. This is the best place to get married. My husband John and I found Boulder Ridge honestly by accident when we were looking for a venue on our original date 10/13. They were the ONLY place with the date available so we went to look at it but unfortunately someone else had signed their contract the day we went to go look at it which is when we decided on 10/6. We Loved it nonetheless.

Every member on their staff was incredible and so helpful (Lauren, Tori, Angela) and made us feel at easy knowing our day would be perfect and we would not have to stress about a thing. And we really didn't. We had tiny details like memory boards for family members who had passed away and they set them up on the chairs just perfect without any question.
    Our dining area was decorated to perfection (simple and elegant) which is what we wanted.

Their food was just amazing. You just had to try it. The view after the wedding was just beautiful. Seriously you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Kristen · Married on 08/18/2018

Our wedding at Boulder Ridge was so much more than what we could have ever hoped for. We had originally booked BR back when it was managed by Bay Club and let's just say they were not really well-equipped to handle weddings. About four months before our big day, we got a call from Bay Club saying they had a big surprise...Surprises were not something we wanted to hear about from our wedding venue. However this was the best surprise ever: Bay Club had just partnered with Wedgewood Weddings to provide wedding services! We were then introduced to the wedding wonder women Tori and Angela.
    Everything from that point forward was so smooth and easy (for a wedding) and it was definitely because of them. Not only do Tori and Angela know their sh*t about weddings, they were just a lot of fun to work with and provided much needed doses of humor when planning such a important and sometimes stressful event.
    In addition to the badass wedding wonder women, Boulder Ridge is a beautiful venue with spectacular views and great food. It's been two months and family and friends are still talking about how good the food was and beautiful the location was.
    Overall, I am so glad we chose Boulder Ridge as our wedding venue. It was an amazing experience that we will never forget!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

We truly appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have been part of your wedding planning experience. We wish you all the best and hope that you’ll stay in touch with your Wedgewood Weddings family! Congratulations!
  • Alejandra & Leonardo

Leonardo · Married on 05/31/2014

First off, Stephanie is one of the most amazing, professional, courteous of people we have ever worked with. We found Boulder Ridge after searching tons of venues and even cancelling our already booked venue due to a horrible experience. We were so fortunate to have located Boulder Ridge. From the moment we drove up that long strip with a beautiful view we knew this place was it. Stephanie confirmed our date was available and took us up to the Pavillion center with one of the most breath taking views in the Silicon Valley. We knew it, this was it. We even ran into staff before we signed our contract and everyone introduced themselves and were all so very nice and courteous. The entire wedding reception planning and communication from Stephanie was exceptional. She stayed on top of every single detail with our wedding coordinator that it made it feel as if we had no worry in the world. The entire staff and service provided exceptional service and hospitality during our reception. Our day was FLAWLESS!!! We have absolutely no regrets in choosing this venue. Our wedding photos from here are absolutely stunning....the sunset, the LED tree, the green grass, the mountain views, i mean everything you can imagine for a perfect wedding can be found here. Thank you so much to Stephanie and Staff for making our special day so incredibly amazing and truly unforgettable. If i can give Boulder Ridge 10 *'s I would. Please do not think twice if you are looking to have your wedding reception here, for it will truly be memorable and everything its hyped up to be.

Again, thank you so much Stephanie and Staff for everything you all did to make our wedding reception truly EPIC!!!

Sincerely,

The Arguello's

Sent on 07/07/2014

margie · Married on 06/01/2014

I want to thank Stephanie Lui for making sure our daughter and son's-in-law wedding was a day that made memories for our family and friends.
    The venue was stunning, the day was perfect and everyone that was a vital part of the event was helpful and went out of their way to make sure that all of the guests were well taken care of.
    The food was tremendously outstanding and every one of our guests were thrilled with their meals, the hors du ouevres and drinks.
    The room was beautiful and comfortable and we all felt very special. The evening view and the sunset were perfect as was the entire event.
    Stephanie and her staff were highly professional and worked hard to make this wedding the most memorable moment for the bride, groom, family and friends.
    I will recommend Boulder Ridge Event Center to everyone. Thank you!
    Margie Krasno

Sent on 07/08/2014

Lori Hsu · Married on 09/08/2019

Fantastic Venue and Team

We recently held our wedding at Boulder Ridge and the entire team there helped keep both the planning and the event itself relatively stress-free. The team was very quick to respond to any questions that we had and ensured that the whole events proceeded smoothly.

Initially, we had some concerns since Wedgewood had quite a few preferred vendors and were wondering if we would have the flexibility that we wanted as we continued with the planning process. It turned out that bringing in their preferred vendors saved us a ton of work searching for and researching vendors as we could easily reference their work through the team at Wedgewood. From the preferred vendors list, we brought in Flower Divas, iMobile DJs (DJ and Photo Booth), and I Do Wedding Cakes along with the in house catering provided by Wedgewood. All of these vendors provided top notch service and were very easy to work with… Plus they were all familiar with the venue and team at Boulder Ridge which made coordination a breeze on the big day!

Though we were able to try out some of the food at their on site wedding fair in the year, they didn’t have the entire menu available to test out so we were worried about the quality of the entrees we selected. We ultimately went with the steak and salmon as a duet plate for dinner which turned out to be absolutely fantastic and we received quite a few compliment from the guests about how tasty the dinners were!

The venue itself is quite scenic and offers a great of the hills while overlooking the golf course. The clubhouse is quite roomy and can comfortably fit quite a few guests (we had roughly 175). Do keep in mind that the sun may set right behind the arbor depending on the time of year, so plan accordingly.

Wedgewood Boulder Ridge provides a beautiful venue, quality service, and saves a lot of stress when looking for vendors. If you find the venue itself to your liking, we would definitely recommend booking it as not only is it a beautiful venue, but the team helping you here is absolutely amazing.

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Argouarch · Married on 09/02/2019

All inclusive stress free wedding !

Super stress free day and trusted my Coordinator Heather fully! Everything went smoothly!

Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 11
    Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 12
    Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 13
    Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 14
    Boulder Ridge by Wedgewood Weddings 15
    Sent on 09/11/2019

To sum it all up - Stephanie is the BEST! :)

She was very professional, responsive to all our questions and emails, able to coordinate and accommodate with our vendors (DJ, flowers, ceremony, family, photographers, videographer). She worked really well with our ceremony coordinator. Being the stressed out bride, being the professional and organized person she is, helped a lot!

One such example was that we were running late for our bride and groom photos. Initially we had set up an hour photo session before the ceremony, but only had 20 or so minutes to get to the location out on the golf course and take our pictures. Stephanie made sure we made the most use of our time, driving the golf cart like crazy to squeeze as much photo op time as possible. Our photos turned out great BTW.

The venue was GORGEOUS - from the time we initially saw it as a potential wedding venue to the rehearsal, to the ceremony, to the reception, up till the end of it all. It's very modern (if that's what you're looking for in a wedding venue), the outdoor bar area is magnificent, the LED flowers tree outdoors, the views of the hills and sunset have no words to describe them. Even the freshly planted flowers outside where the ceremony took place seemed to have been set up just for our special day :) Our guests loved the views so much that once it cooled down they spent most of the evening outdoors mingling.

The food was delicious (prepare to be stuffed silly during the food tasting dinner), the staff very attentive and kind. We can keep going....

Thank you so much to Stephanie and the Boulder Ridge staff for a wonderful time. It was definitely worth it all! If you're looking for a venue that needs almost no decorations on your end, this is it.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Selena · Married on 08/10/2013

My husband and I looked at quite a few venues before we found Boulder Ridge. As soon as we got up to the Pavilion, we both knew this had to be our venue! The view is breathtaking and the venue is absolutely gorgeous! All of our guests were blown away, and the food was delicious too! Also, the staff was very professional. Although the venue is on the pricier side, it is worth every penny! I would highly recommend visiting Boulder Ridge to all for the couples looking for a beautiful place to get married!

Sent on 08/25/2013
  • Leticia

Leticia Pena · Getting married on 05/30/2020

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

Boulder ridge

Everything was great but I was hoping the hours for the reception could've been longer.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Katherine · Married on 04/22/2017

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

Boulder Ridge is a beautiful property but all that aside, the service we received from the Event Center staff for our wedding was less than stellar. Below are a few specific details:

- Untimely responses from Event Coordinator (Erica) specifically - each email had to be followed up with at least one another email and a phone call.
    - She sent us the wrong layout for the wrong wedding date for the wrong couple a few minutes after getting off the phone with her and was unapologetic about it
    - Service charge was miscalculated (calculated for entire event including ceremony fee instead of just food and beverages) which was $500 more than we anticipated. I had to fight her on getting the invoice corrected. Granted their policy might have changed since our booking with the transition to Bay Club but it felt shady and even after pointing it out, they remained defensive and insisted that the previous coordinator had made a mistake when they gave an earlier estimate - again no apologies
    - Wedding was at 2pm, contracted hours allowed for vendor setup at 12pm. My husband and I got there at around 12:15 and NOTHING was setup for the vendors to begin decorating or setting up - no chairs, no tables, no nothing which delayed our timeline - again, no apologies or attempt to service correct was made.

We seriously considered looking for another venue but we had put down too much money to change venues 3 months before the wedding. All of this is in complete contrast to the experience we had with the previous coordinator who we booked with. I'm not sure if this was because of the transition of ownership of if we were being treated differently because we only did our ceremony (no reception) there or if it's because we were of a certain race (hate to pull that card), but our experience contradicts the reviews that have been described here. I'd recommend couples reconsider because it will only add tremendous stress to your wedding and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Sent on 05/23/2017