Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion Reviews

Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion 5
Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion 6
  • Caili

Caili Chung · Married on 01/01/2019

I photographed a wedding here and it is such a pretty place to get married. It has such a cool vibe! Everyone will love it :) And there are plenty of gorgeous rooms to explore (or keep bags in).

Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion 7
    Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion 8
    Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion 9
    Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion 10
    Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion 11
    Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion 12
  • I

Isah · Married on 04/11/2018

I do not even know where to begin... I fell in love with this place the very first time I walked in! It was a true blessing that we’re able to have our ceremony and reception in such a beautiful place! Not to mention the wonderful staff who went above and beyond to work out all of the details and make our dream day come to life. I really appreciate the way they communicated and touched base with me to make sure they have all the details correct and they were open for any changes that I made all throughout the process. Planning from way across the country could be very difficult but the Jefferson St. Mansion team was very professional and caring and they are just so wonderful to work with. They have everything you need, and a lot of options for couples who’s on a budget. I suggest availing the wedding coordinator option! Everything was taken care of for us the day of the wedding… it was the best feeling, as a bride, not having to worry about the details and just getting to enjoy the day. Having people that we trusted to take care of us on one of the most special days of our lives was a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders… and honestly, they exceeded our expectations! From start to finish, everything ran smoothly and we were able to just enjoy the time with our friends and family. The Mansion itself is absolutely stunning. It had that classic, sophisticated charm that we love! Also, the food was AMAZING! It is one of the first times I remember actually wanting to eat everything on my plate at a wedding! I could say so many more wonderful things about this venue… if you are considering having your wedding here, don't think twice! I promise that you will not be disappointed! We can never thank them enough for making our day so special… it truly was a day of pure joy. Shout out to Morgan, David, Ali and Dawn! You guys rock!

Sent on 04/29/2018

Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion's reply:

We are so happy to hear that we were able to make your day special. We truly appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have been part of your wedding planning experience. We wish you all the best and hope that you’ll stay in touch with your Wedgewood Weddings family! Congratulations!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/26/2017

Wedgewood at Jefferson Street Mansion was amazing. It was affordable for this area and the all inclusive program was amazing. Nicole and Morgan were great! I honestly didn't have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding because they executed everything so well. The location is stunning and everyone raved about the food.

Sent on 11/13/2017

catherine · Married on 06/11/2017

The staff at the Jefferson Street Mansion were absolutely fabulous to work with. They helped us coordinate our dream wedding and had great attention to detail. We had many compliments on the venue space! We had multiple meetings and email exchanges with the staff leading up to the wedding and had no issues discussing any wedding requests that we submitted. Food also received high praise. The venue was also very accommodating for our outside vendors. We used some of the preferred vendors and had a positive experience. Our decorations were mostly all set up by the venue staff and they did a great job.

Diego · Married on 06/09/2017

The place was just amazing. Nicole was great and helped us with everything since day 1. We are so happy that we celebrated our special day at the Mansion. Will definitely recommend

Ashleigh · Married on 10/18/2014

Because this website only allows a certain number of characters, I have pasted a full review on Yelp. Please check it out there because the Jefferson Street Mansion was the perfect venue for us and the staff was spectacular. They deserve more than a short paragraph here.

Katie · Married on 10/05/2014

THE ABSOLUTE BEST EXPERIENCE I THINK I COULD HAVE EVER HAD ! RENEE AND THE WHOLE STAFF MADE OUR WEDDING DAY THE MOST STRESS FREE AND WONDERFUL DAY ! THIS ESTABLISHMENT IS PUNCTUAL, PROFESSIONAL AND ELEGANT I COULD NOT EXPRESS THIS EXPERIENCE IN ANY OTHER WORD THAN AMAZING !

Carlie · Married on 09/27/2014

My daughter's wedding was recently held at Jefferson Street Mansion. It was perfection. The venue is gorgeous, the staff is professional, polite and efficient, food was wonderful (many people said the best they had ever had at a wedding), the whole event went off without any problems.

Renee, the concierge, throughout the whole process from first appoint to tour the mansion to the end of the event was always responsive, very helpful, connecting and professional. As the mother of the bride it was wonderful to be able to come and just enjoy. Her staff did all the setting up of everything and took down and packed it all after.

We did and have continued to receive many compliments on how beautiful the venue was, the delicious food and drinks, and how well it all flowed. It was a truly magical experience.

Charlotte · Married on 07/19/2014

This is a wonderful place to get married. Renee and her staff are attentive and know how to make things flow. A lot of guests thought I had hired a wedding planner, but I didn't. Renee is the wedding concierge and coordinator for the day of the wedding. She took care of everything - making it a stress free evening. I just wish she coordinated the hair and makeup so I wouldn't have been late.

The mansion itself is a little museum and a unique experience for your guests. It's beautifully decorated and provides many photo ops inside and out on the grounds. The tent for the reception has a high ceiling and beautiful chandeliers. It's very spacious inside the tent and does not feel stuffy. Everyone had a great time and commented on how beautiful the venue was.

Janet · Married on 10/13/2013

My goal was to find a talented and well coordinated team to make sure things would go smoothly. Using a combination of advice from friends and from Renee (the wedding coordinator at Jefferson Street Mansion), I choose a team who created a perfect wedding day experience: Renee as the overall coordinator, Renee's mom Theresa as the officiant, Terry Newberry as the Emcee and DJ, Synchronicity string trio for music for two hours before and after the ceremony, Susie Cakes for the cake, the JSM in-house caterer for the dinner, Lynds Photography.

Cathy · Married on 10/22/2012

This was amazing. The stress of cleaning up and setting up was my biggest worry. With Jefferson street mansion and the venue coordinator Renee u needed to not worry at all. If I could put 10 stars I would.

There is no place better to get married! They make the day so easy. My family and friends cannot believe how beautiful it was for the BIG day.

Crystal · Married on 11/11/2011

The most awesome place and Rene was the best. It is a beautiful place that I would recommend to everyone. We had the wedding/Reception there and it was a night that we wished would of not ended. Everyone said that they never had as much fun as they did there.

• MiMi

MiMi · Married on 09/17/2011

Everything went so smooth and according to plan. Renee was great, responsive, regimented and got the wedding going perfectly! The food was great (which was very important to us) and we got to have our open bar at such a deal. Everything was within our budget and we were so happy with the results as were our guests. Beautiful place, great food, friendly and professional staff, and highly recommend (especially if you're a budget bride who wants minimal stress)!

Atousa · Married on 05/21/2011

I couldn't have asked for a more unique and stunning venue for our wedding!!! The staff and Rene were nothing less that fantastic and accommodating to my over 260 Guests! The food was amazing and the service spot on!!! If I could do it over again I wouldn't change a thing!!! Thank you JSM!!! ~ Atousa Habibi - Whitaker

claire · Married on 04/09/2011

My Daughter and her husband were married at JSM on 4-9-11. It was a most magical day for all. The grounds and the mansion are maintained to perfection. It is like stepping into living history, How wonderful to have this incredible venue in my own hometown. Benicia is proud and lucky to have a woman like Reed that has been so involved in the preservation of this town's history. Not only with the mansion but other projects and commitees she has been involved with over the years.
    The food and the service were 5 star. Everything was fresh, delicious and displayed beautifully. The venue was large enough to accomodate our party of 190 easily. Our guests were comfortable and at ease to enjoy the entire poroperty. Which they did while waiting for the photo's to finish so the real party could begin.
    Don't know what I would have done without Renee'. She answered questions, answered e-mails and was totally available during the months leading up to the wedding. Day of......She was everywhere. I didn't have to worry about a thing. I was able to enjoy the day and to remember each moment. I thank them both for helping to create the perfect wedding for my Daughter and my new Son.

Leslie · Married on 09/25/2010

The staff of the Jefferson Street Mansion made wedding planning a breeze, as well as the actual day! I enjoyed every minuite of it and never had to worry about ANYTHING! Renee is amazing and she really knows what she is doing. All the staff was so helpful with smiles on their faces. My guests say it's the best wedding they have ever been to. Beautiful atmosphere and flawless wedding coordination! I would recomend this venue to anyone!

Kristi · Married on 08/15/2009

The staff felt like family and helped keep this bride's worries at bay, being that I'd put it all together myself. It really was the day I'd imagined and I couldn't have asked for more.

Our wedding day was perfect. The Jefferson Street Mansion is beautiful. It was the first venue we looked at and we booked it right away! The food was amazing and our guests had a wonderful time! Wish I could do it all over again!

Karen · Married on 06/22/2002

My wedding reception at Jefferson Street Mansion was more than I could ever hope for. Reed (the owner) helped me plan every detail and supplied me we a vendor for flowers, photography, DJ and the food was outstanding. All my guests told me it was the best wedding they had ever attended. The best part was Reed allowed me and my husband to have our dogs onsite for the reception. We married in our church(also located in Benicia) and then was able to make our entrance at the reception with our two dogs. Reed made sure everything was perfect and I was able to enjoy my wedding day.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2018

Love at first site. I went to the venue not expecting to be impressed because of the location. I was looking for locations in Livermore but I fell in love. Morgan was prompt, understanding of our situation, and not pushy in the slightest. When I asked to come back for a second time with a large group, she was incredibly accommodating. I am so excited to continue working with her.

Donna · Married on 08/24/2013

We chose Jefferson Street Mansion since it fit the theme of our wedding and it has beautiful grounds and the Mansion is gorgeous! It is also a beautiful location for pictures......our photos all turned out beautiful with the background of the Mansion.

The Concierge, Renee was also great to work with and so helpful... She helped with the coordination and on my special day I felt relieved because I knew she was taking care of setup and directing all the vendors.....she had everything exactly how I had discussed with her.

The food was food, although, I did not eat much since we were so busy. The set up of our food selection was laid out beautifully. We had passed h'oeuvre which every one raved about.....all was perfect!

I highly recommend the Mansion if you are looking for this type of period theme for a wedding. You will be pleased with the food, the management, and the beauty the Mansion has to offer.

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2013

Rene was amazing and helped keep our wedding less running smoothly. JSM is beautiful and everyone complimented our wedding. We were repetitively told that the food was the best wedding food they had ever had, that our wedding was the most beautiful and unique they had been to, and that it was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding. Thank you so much for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Amanda · Married on 06/09/2018

From beginning to end, I was very happy with my wedding experience with Wedgewood. The grounds at the Jefferson Street Mansion are beautiful and different from many other local venues. So many wonderful photo opportunities around the property. Parking is easily available onsite. I also loved that the packages were completely customizable. We opted out of the invitations, cake, chocolate covered strawberries, floral, and wine on tables (didn't make sense since we had an open bar). I was glad that we were able to find our own vendors without additional fees or being limited to a "preferred" vendor list that many other venues require.
    David, the general manager, was exceptional to work with. He accommodated my every request, communicated effectively, and had a very approachable personality. He also served as our wedding coordinator and we had a smooth rehearsal and wedding. Morgan was helpful along the way as well and always responded positively and promptly to my emails. Guests commented on the staff's friendliness and responsiveness day of. Dawn, the bartender, was exceptional. I highly recommend requesting her. She brought us and our parents drinks all night and guests raved about her! Open bar was definitely a hit. We decided to extend the venue by 1 hour and we sure are glad that we did! Randy was an effective and efficient MC/DJ, he kept people up on the dance floor and adhered to our music preferences. Were so glad to have him for the extra hour; he is very confident and familiar with the venue which was a huge plus!

Guests commented that the food was delicious, the panko crusted chicken was a crowd favorite. The salmon was also delicious. Appetizers were wonderful as well! The brie and apple phyllo kisses and bacon wrapped scallops were my personal favorites!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Wedgewood Jefferson Street Mansion's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad to have been part of your special day. Congratulations again and best of luck!