67 Reviews for Weddings the Island Way

Day-Of Coord. (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Civil (1)
67 Weddings the Island Way Reviews

Weddings the Island way is the absolute best route to go if you’re planning your dream destination wedding on the islands!

I cannot say enough great things about the process of putting together my big day and the woman who made it all happen! Erica was able to accommodate every request I dreamt up and had a lot of great ideas to bring to the table as well. She made my fairytale wedding come to life and we could not have asked for a better person to do so!
Erica makes you feel welcomed right off the bat. Almost like a family member or friend rather than a company. You will be the best hands and trust me, Weddings The Islands Way will make your dreams come true too.

Thank you again for everything! I still look back and can’t help but smile and at how perfect everything came out. My husband and I are so grateful.

Profile Picture Marisa , 4/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I used Erica for my June wedding at Magen's Bay on St. Thomas. Everything about the experience was amazing. I had a pretty simple ceremony with an arch, bouquet, and table set up with a small cake a champagne for a toast. I sent pictures from Pinterest to match for the arch and bouquet, and both turned out fabulous. Erica answered all of my emails promptly and made sure I was happy with the progress we were making in the planning- though I didn't have to do much! I would refer Weddings the Island Way to everyone!

Profile Picture Emma, 6/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Partial Planning

I would rate Wedding the Island Way higher if I could. Booking a wedding and leaving most of the planning to people you have never met was very scary at first. But Erica and Angela made it work so simple. My wedding was like a fairy tale, perfect in every way. I let them pick the flowers and colors and asked their opinion on everything and I am so glad I did. Looking for a perfect wedding, definitely call Wedding the Island Way. Not only will you walk away with a magical wedding day but also you will feel like you leave with friends on the island.

Profile Picture Diane, 2/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you want the best wedding ever possible -Angela and Erica are the ONLY way to go! They were perfectly amazing and delivered the wedding of our dreams with the grace and poise that only people that truly care can. These ladies are not only phenomenal at what they do but truly great people. The vendors they work with are also spectacular. Tim Root was especially awesome and works flawlessly with these beautiful ladies. Our cake from island sweet stuff was raved about by all our guests as well as our the delicious food and drinks from Passion Fruit Chefs. We couldn't imagine trusting such a special day to anyone else on the island! You can't go wrong with Weddings the Island Way!

Profile Picture Stephen, 12/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Erica and Angela put tremendous care into planning my daughter’s September 2016 ceremony on Magens Bay. We had initially booked an island ceremony through the cruise line. (We were sailing.) Frustrated by the layers and lack of communication there, we turned to WTIW. Erica wowed us from the start. My daughter was especially concerned about how the bride and groom could both sign for a marriage certificate at the St. Thomas courthouse without seeing each other pre-ceremony. The cruise line had shrugged and recommended a symbolic ceremony. Erica understood that we wanted the real deal, and she outlined a plan that gave me goose bumps in its sweetness and simplicity. She sent pictures of how WTIW could decorate a beach pavilion, had her husband critique a local beer we considered serving, and always worked the plan around my daughter’s vision, not just an Internet checklist menu. When Hurricane Matthew caused a cruise re-route that surpassed a St. Thomas port of call, we were all crushed. Erica sent condolences—and refunded part of our “nonrefundable” down payment. She stayed in touch with prayers for good weather during the rescheduled ceremony in Georgia—and with notes of congratulations afterward. So…if you’re planning a St. Thomas wedding, some words of advice: (1) Schedule it outside the hurricane season. (2) Buy wedding insurance! (3) But definitely reach out to the ladies at WTIW. They’ll take excellent care of you, I’m quite sure of it!

Profile Picture Jan, 9/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Book Weddings the Island Way if you want to have a stress free, beautiful wedding in the Virgin Islands. Angela and Erica are the best coordinators you could ever have! Actually, I think I have a couple friends for life! ;-)
From the day I contacted them (6 months prior) to start planning my wedding I knew from the start I chose the right wedding coordinators! Our wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I had no stress whatsoever living in Minnesota and planning an island wedding. They are creative, super nice and fun to work with! Love, Love, Love Angela and Erica!

Amy Rascher
Wedding date 4/16/16

Profile Picture amy, 4/16/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Civil, Destination

Weddings the Island Way
We contacted Erica at "Weddings the Island Way" of St. Thomas U.S.Virgin Islands to arrange our plans (we eloped in such style!!) which, were modest and without a great deal of lead time. Erica, thru email and telephone walked us through the process, provided information and.... SUPPORT..... with the ever important paperwork needed. Our home is Canada. Being married in a foreign country means each "I" needs dotting and all T's properly crossed beforehand. We would arrive via cruise ship so everything needed to be in place ahead of time, and, we would have mere hours before the ship sails away to tie the knot! Weddings the Island Way were nothing short of fabulous!
When our wedding began, both Leila and I felt star struck! Pastor Jeff welcomed us with words we couldn't have possibly chosen. His connection with us, to the beauty of his "home" and obvious delight in offering space between words and deeds before the Creator on this beach so far from home leaves a mark only love could make.
We chose to take a chance and be married in a far off place where we had to trust in the unknown for our day to go well. The only unknown as it turns out, was the weather... and, could it ever be bad in such paradise? This choice we made left us a memory (not to mention a really sharp video and simply lovely photographs) that sparkles and shines.
My reason for this story is in the telling. Our simple, modest, incredibly important wedding was everything we hoped for. Erica accepted our "very small wedding" and treated it like a gala affair. Take a moment, or a few to see their web site, then give them a call. We send our thanks and good wishes to Erica and Angela at Weddings the Island Way of St. Thomas..... From Victoria B.C. Canada. Thank you thank you once again.

Leila and Tom Adams

Profile Picture Tom, 2/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Weddings the Island Way was a dream come true! They made planning my dream wedding so much easier than I imagined it would be. We were an hour late to the ceremony due to a time difference and miscommunication on our end. They waited for us and were so nice and understanding about it. Great people!

Profile Picture Tiarra, 11/11/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Destination

Weddings the Island Way was the best way to plan my wedding. Erica and Angela made the process smooth from the planning stages to the wedding. They answered questions, shared information and everything was smooth. They were very easy to work with very dependable.

Profile Picture User5616794, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

These ladies where a dream come true . Very helpful.
My wedding was everything I wanted it to be thanks to them!!!!

Profile Picture Marcella, 8/18/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Full Planning, Destination

WOW, where do I even begin? Angela and Erica were just amazing to work with. They coordinated everything for us via email. I have never been involved with an event that completely went off smoothly with not one issue. Everything was PERFECT. Even at the last minute Angela was able to coordinate with Sugar & Spice Make-Up and Hair Services for me, thank you JeTaime for making me feel and look so beautiful. The only thing that was heartbreaking, was having to say goodbye to Rebecca, Angela, Erica, Jeff & JeTaime. This TEAM of professionals were so phenomenal to work with. I thank God for them giving me a perfect wedding and lasting friendship's. I look forward to doing our Vow Renewals in 5 years. I could not image doing this with no one else other than Weddings The Island Way TEAM. God Bless you all...
~ Ti Lynn & Jason Price

Profile Picture Ti Lynn, 5/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Fantastic experience with Angela and Erica! Amazing support while in the planning process AND during the event! Had to move the time around due to bad weather and they seemed to pull it off effortlessly! Very professional in ALL that they do but also felt like family while at our intimate ceremony. Left my mascara back at home and they even came through buying me a replacement before the ceremony. Really enjoyed the pastor and Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography, which they used, was wonderful! Can't say enough positive things about them and honestly feel that they LOVE what they do...it's not just a job for them it's a passion!

Profile Picture User6059642, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Destination, Ceremony

Angela came to us after we parted ways with another wedding planner we were having difficulties with. From the moment I spoke to her on the phone, she was incredibly sweet and attentive to each and every one of our details. We were in a unique situation as we were not on island, but - my husband was from St. Thomas and we had his parents there to assist us. Caneel provided us with a fantastic wedding planner, but we wanted some additional assistance and someone who would work with us to coordinate all our vendors seamlessly. Angela was that and more! I can't even begin to recommend her enough. She was organized, flexible, worked with our situation of being familiar with most of the vendors, and truly put her entire heart & soul into our wedding. I was very specific when it came to decorations and shipping our supplies from the states - she had no problems with this and took charge to ensure each and every table was designed just the way I had intended. It was everything we wanted and more and that was because of her. There was no detail left unturned and she truly held our hand through the entire process. For both on-island residents and off-island residents - Angela is the one to use. We simply love her!

Profile Picture User4088783, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We were so happy that we picked Weddings the Island Way for our special day! Planning the wedding was super easy and we were able to do everything over email. On the day of our wedding, everyone was picked up on time, everything was set up at the site as promised, and the ceremony went off without a hitch. We are so grateful that they were able to help provide us with memories to last a lifetime. We would highly recommend their services to anyone!

Profile Picture Mike, 4/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I had imagined that planning a St. Thomas destination from New York would be difficult, but truly, working with Erica & Angela at Weddings the Island Way was absolutely the best decision I could have made. To say that I am 'particular' would be an understatement. I wanted a classic, elegant, beautiful small wedding - and was concerned about choosing the right vendor to help with each detail (flowers, music, photographer, hair / makeup). They listened extremely closely to every detail - and executed flawlessly! Truly, hiring them was the hands-down best decision I made. Plus, they are absolutely amazing people and a true joy to work with, so by the time I met them in person on my wedding day, I felt like they were old friends! I highly recommend Weddings the Island Way without hesitation.

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 3/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Highly recommend using Weddings the Island Way for your USVI wedding. Erica and Angela were great, super helpful, easy to reach by phone or email. I’m a super detailed and organized person and planning a wedding from afar was a leap of faith. They made me feel at ease and on the day of the wedding absolutely everything was beyond perfect! The location (Garden Terrace) was amazing, beautiful views, tons of places for awesome photos. I was very specific about flowers and they were exactly what I wanted. Jeff did the ceremony and he too was great. Every recommendation made was perfect … Rebecca Ruth for photos; Sugar and Spice Salon for hair and make up; Scubadu catamaran for a day of sailing and snorkeling after the wedding. I could not be happier, our wedding was beautiful and perfect, exactly what I had hoped it would be, I wouldn't change a thing.

Profile Picture Dorothy, 3/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

It was fate that I stumbled upon Weddings The Island Way's website back in February of 2014. We were a frustrated engaged couple who knew we wanted to get married in a destination wedding but were having problems finding an affordable way to get the day of our dreams. From the very first email and phone call - Erica and Angela were able to put me at ease. From the planning (and sometimes re-planning on my part), to the random questions, to the day-of - both ladies were absolutely incredible. We had a decent size crowd coming down with us for a cruise but the ladies were able to make sure everything went off without a hitch. Planning a wedding from afar definitely came with it's own set of challenges but the ladies were able to always answer my questions so quickly and made sure that everything I requested was met and then some. They went the extra mile the day of to make sure my Husband & I enjoyed each of the day's events; from the ceremony to the cake cutting to the pictures. The day that we arrived for our wedding in Magen's Bay, there were three other weddings on the beach as well - and (maybe i'm bias) but we clearly had the best setup and the most amazing views. I cannot say enough great things about the work these two do. How they will go the extra mile in everything they do for your big day & then some. If you are wanting to get married in the St. Thomas/St. John islands - these gals are truly everything you could ask for in wedding coordinators. To the ladies, Thank you SO much for everything you did in making my dream wedding a reality.

Profile Picture Ashley, 2/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ericka was amazing and everything she did was flawless. Her photographer Ruth and officiant Jeff were amazing too, as were the flowers. Everything went perfectly! Thanks!

Profile Picture susanne, 2/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

Erica, Jeff and Rebecca were absolutely wonderful to work with. Everything went as planned and they accommodated us the whole entire day. Everything was set up perfectly!!! They were such wonderful people to work with and made our day entirely special.

Thank you so very much!

Dusty and Kimberly

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kimberly, 1/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Panning a wedding so far away can be extremely mentally taxing, HOWEVER Erica and Angela made is so easy and so much fun!!! No question/ request was to big or small, their communication was excellent, both in email and phone calls and they covered every detail you could imagine. I found them after having a really unpleasant experience with another planner who looked more reasonably priced, but really wasn't and was a pain to work with. Brides check to see if the marriage license is included in your package (it's expensive in the USVI). Weddings the Island Way includes it and makes sure its correct before filing everything for you. I simply could not have asked for better, they made everything so easy and made us feel like the most important couple in the universe. From our transportation, helping us play our selected music, the wonderful officiant, the delicious cake (that had added piped lace design as a special last minute request, at no additional charge), setting up our sand ceremony table, and many other special decorations that we brought with us. It was the PERFECT DAY!!! I am so happy that we choose them, I am so picky about everything and I cannot say enough good about them, 5 Stars simply isn't enough. Thank You Ladies, for the most perfect wedding day EVER! It was so breathtakingly beautiful and I loved everything about it!

Profile Picture Robyn, 12/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Officiant, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Angela and Erica were absolutely amazing! I was so nervous planning a destination wedding, knowing that everything would be sight unseen until the day of. Angela and Erica communicated with me the ENTIRE time, they listened exactly to all of my requests, and my wedding was more beautiful than I even imagined. Even the day of, Angela was there the entire time and made sure everything was perfect, even down to calling the restaurant of our reception to tell them we were running late (and kept our reservation!). I really cannot say enough great things about these ladies and this company. Thank you for my dream wedding! We'll contact you for our vow renewal in 5 years!

Profile Picture Cari, 10/10/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Angela, our wedding coordinator, was exceptionally easy to work with and did everything possible to exceed our expectations. She made the wedding planning process fun, hassle-free and essentially eliminated the stress of planning a destination wedding. We cannot say enough great things about Weddings the Island Way!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 10/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

These ladies are exactly who you will want planning your wedding. My wife an I had a vision of the perfect wedding on a white sand beach. We figured it was just a dream in our minds but Erica and Angela made our dreams come true. We experienced absolutely no stress ,no worry, and no complications. They made it easy and perfect! Because of Their experience and gift they have of creating a fantasy come true, we will always remember our special day with smiles ,good memories, and love! Thank you again!

Profile Picture Michael, 9/19/14, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Full Planning

Angela and Erica at Weddings the Island Way coordinated our wedding in St. Thomas in June, 2014. We were married at Norbu Estate with a short ceremony on the lower balcony followed by a full reception on the upper balcony with about 30 guests of our family and friends. Angela and Erica did a spectacular job listening to what we wanted and getting every detail perfect! They were easy to work with and communication was great all along (very important for destination weddings where you can’t taste the food, cake, or see the flowers and venue beforehand). The food was excellent, and the cake not only looked amazing, but was very tasty as well. The DJ was very fun and personable and got the guests dancing with a great playlist. Norbu Estate looked absolutely beautiful in the pictures online, but cannot compare to the breathtaking views and surroundings that you experience in-person. Angela and Erica got every detail right, and exceeded my expectations to give us our perfect sunset wedding! I would highly recommend their services to future brides! Thank you Angela and Erica!

Profile Picture Carol, 6/21/14, 1 Review