Weddings in Monterey Reviews

111 | Monterey, CA

111 Reviews for Weddings in Monterey

Terri · Married on 08/28/2013

I would highly recommend Weddings in Monterey and Photography by Heidi Borgia. Brian and Heidi Borgia were not only professional, they were very kind and personable. We are very happy with our wedding and photos. It turned out to be the perfect wedding for us. They were extremely helpful with so many aspects and details of our wedding planning and during our event as well.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Cristina · Married on 08/10/2013

I could not have chosen anyone better to have performed the ceremony for my wedding. Brian was very professional and replied to each and every email in a timely manner. He made our day very special. The ceremony was very personalized. Heidi did the photography and I know the pics will be great. She had great suggestions to capture great photos. They made us feel extremely comfortable. Our wedding turned out gorgeous and we have some beautiful memories of it. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Kristen · Married on 08/10/2013

My husband and I got engaged in January of 2013 and we were looking to get married later in the year. We knew we wanted to get married on the beach, but every place we contacted either didn't respond to us or were booked for the entire year. When we found Weddings in Monterey, we immediately contacted them and within a day or so we got a response that the date we requested was available.

When we met with Brian about the wedding date and ceremony details, he made us feel extremely comfortable and relaxed about the situation. He was very good about returning my stressed out bride emails in a timely fashion. This reassured me that Weddings in Monterey was the right choice.

They are very affordable and very flexible. We were able to have almost everything we wanted so that it fit within our budget.

On our wedding day, Heidi, our photographer was so wonderful. She made us very comfortable and fit all of the photos we wanted in our tight schedule, as our reception was about a 30 minute drive from the beach where our ceremony took place.

I would definitely recommend Weddings in Monterey for any bride who is looking for a relaxed beach ceremony with an amazing group of people who actually care about what the bride wants. If I had to do it all over, I would still choose to use them to do our ceremony.

Sent on 01/06/2014

Joe A. · Married on 04/13/2013

We can't say enough great things about Weddings in Monterey! I contacted them by searching online and couldn't have had a more peaceful and beautiful ceremony. From the planning to the actual day they really listened to our wants and needs. Their thoughtfulness and professionalism speaks for itself. We recommend them to anyone wanting a perfectly beautiful memory.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Alycia · Married on 03/12/2013

Our officiant Brian was extremely friendly and helpful. He was able to accommodate our wedding in Carmel and help with plans and details with very little notice. He was very flexible regarding dates and timings as well as guiding us on how to obtain a marriage license in the US. Brian listened to exactly the type of wedding we wanted and this was reflected in the wedding service itself. We were really pleased with how the service went and Brian made a friendly and relaxed officiant, immediately putting us at ease in spite of our nerves! Brian was able to arrange for professional photography to be provided by his lovely wife, Heidi Borgia. This made the whole process much easier and relaxed. Heidi was fun and creative and produced amazing wedding photographs. We were delighted with the results and have received many compliments regarding how great our wedding photos are. Heidi really captured out special day just as we wanted. We highly recommend Weddings In Monterey.

Sent on 03/20/2013

Dennisur · Married on 03/09/2013

Weddings in Monterey made my wedding day the best it could ever have been. Brian and Heidi ensured that everything was perfect for us and we had nothing to worry about. From start to finish the process was so simple and they made it easy to plan a wedding from 1000 miles away. They followed through wuth everything set forth in the contract and even made a few last minute changes for us. They were so nice and caring and we were so pleased with how our wedding day turned out. I would recommend Brian and Heidi to anyone looking for the perfect wedding in Monterey.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Crystal · Married on 04/06/2012

My husband & I renewed our vows for our 10 year anniversary & I found Weddings in Monterey on the web. Working with Brian was an absolute pleasure from the first phone call through the ceremony. He helped us plan a beautiful wedding within our budget & they far exceeded my expectations. We wanted to move our date (the day before) due to high winds & they were understanding and flexible. Everything was so organized which allowed us to enjoy a smooth, stress free, memorable evening. The atmosphere was absolutely beautiful & I highly recommend them!

Sent on 04/20/2012

Agustina · Married on 02/26/2017

I was impressed by Brian at our first contact. He responded in a timely manner and was very kind and professional throughout the entire planning. I should mention very down to earth with a great personality. As promised, he allowed for unlimited questions/emails and helped guide us during the decision making. He helped provide everything we needed from the location, flowers and photography. His wife Heidi, who does the photography, was also very kind and professional. She came prepared, was patient, and took all requested photos, plus some. We had a few scares the week prior to the wedding due to weather (recent storms, things out of anyone's control), but Brian did a good job at keeping us informed with weather updates, etc. Unfortunately, we were not able to marry at the beach initially chosen in Carmel. However, I have no regrets because the replacement chosen by Brian was breath taking, and what I had envisioned all along. My most favorite part and memory will always be Brian's personalized wedding ceremony! He did an awesome job at learning us and wrote a beautiful love story, as if he had known us for many years. I recommend Brian and Heidi to anyone looking for great quality and professionalism. They are an awesome duo; kind souls who appear to have a genuine passion for what they do. I cannot wait to see the photos!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Brook · Married on 05/26/2015

Brian was very easy to get a hold of and answered my millions of questions through the planning process. Communication was great through the whole time! We were coming from out of state for a vacation and planned a small renewal ceremony with just us, our kids, and my parents on the beach while there. I contacted them via email and Brian walked us through the process, planning the ceremony via email. The location they helped me chose was more beautiful than I could have imagined and Brian did a wonderful job at writing out a personal ceremony that fit us. . I felt like Heidi did a wonderful job at the photography and I can't wait to see the finished product (we are still waiting for the disc of our pictures and I will update at that time). Heidi was wonderful to let my mom and myself throw out some ideas of poses I wanted included and also had some ideas herself that I'm sure are going to look gorgeous! We had three young kiddos to work with which made things a bit more difficult but I never felt like it was a problem. We got all we had wanted plus some. Heidi and Brian made the process enjoyable and stress free and I loved working with them!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Sam · Married on 10/17/2014

Brian was very personable and easy to get along with. Communication throughout the entire process was easy and timely.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Kyle C. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

1.2
      2.0

Really Poor Customer Experience due to COVID

I understand that this review stands out amongst all of the other really positive reviews. 2020 has been unique on so many different levels. It has shown how certain people / companies handle things when their backs are up against the wall. During this very difficult time, we really saw Brian’s true colors when it came time to reschedule our wedding due to the concerns of COVID.

We had our wedding set for the end of September, but the area we were holding our reception had reached out with concerns of COVID and things not getting any better. So, my wife and I made the difficult decision to explore our options of moving our wedding. We had reached out to Brian to see what we could do and to explain why we were in this situation (28 of 30 of our guests were traveling from out of state). Brian immediately was defensive saying how this was going to affect him and his business and how difficult the times have been for his business.

I understood where Brian was coming from and told him that my fiancé had just been laid off as well as my dad. We understood the financial impact this had. Instead of working with us to reschedule, Brian wanted to charge us a rescheduling fee. He never once acknowledged our financial situation, or showed any compassion for having to reschedule our very special day. Our further interactions with Brian were a complete 180 from our initial interaction with him. It was very transactional and many times when we were discussing options, Brian continued to mention his own personal difficulties (family issues, business, etc.). He never once saw things from our perspective; not wanting to have to reschedule our special day.

Initially Brian told us that he would not do an elopement package on a Saturday due to a minimum amount of money we had to spend. When we had asked to move/cancel the wedding, he mentioned he would refund us if he was able to get a similar size or larger (wedding), but wouldn’t be able to refund the full amount if he booked an elopement package. This contradicted what he told us with not being able to do an elopement.

It’s really a shame because when we had reached out to Brian, he maybe did 2 hours (at most) of work for us, which did not involve any expenses to him or his business, just his time.

The whole thing was very off-putting to the point that we ended up taking a big financial loss. Had Brian just been flexible with us or allowed us to do an elopement on the day of our wedding, we would have gone with him. Our initial opinion on Brian changed completely during these troubling times. What was supposed to be a very special time turned into a big financial impact to us, as well as a lot of unnecessary additional stress.

I would 100% not suggest that anyone goes with Brian and his company.

Sent on 01/21/2021