Weddings in Monterey Reviews

103 Reviews for Weddings in Monterey

• Mike

Mike Wong · Getting married on 09/02/2020

Great experience

Brian and Heidi were great. They were very organized and communicative with us and were very helpful in guiding us through the process.

Sent on 02/10/2020

Corrie Bowen · Married on 11/13/2019

Elopement in Carmel

Brian and Heidi are the most amazing team! We were lucky enough to have them help plan, officiate, and photograph our elopement ceremony on the beach in Carmel on November 13th, 2019. Brian went above and beyond helping us find the perfect location, personalize our vows, and also helped me find the perfect person to do my hair and makeup! Heidi is an incredible photographer and I’m still obsessing over all of the beautiful shots she took of our special day! I’m SO thankful for them and seriously cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Scott · Married on 11/10/2019

Perfect in every way!

My husband and I were so blessed to have Brian and Heidi for our special day! The ceremony was perfect. Brian wrote a beautiful ceremony and it was decorated exactly like I imagined. Heidi was incredible. She managed to get my massive list of desired family photos done and from the sneak peak she sent us already the pictures are amazing! We had some mini issues with other vendors and they came to my rescue and everything worked out perfectly. I am beyond thrilled with their work and dedication to making a beautiful day for us and I will never forget it.

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Joanne

Joanne Maria · Married on 10/23/2019

Wonderful Intimate Destination Wedding

Brian and Heidi were absolutely Fantastic! They are a husband and wife team in Monterey, CA. Brian officiated our ceremony and his wife Heidi was our photographer. Brian helped us every step of the way, from officiating to helping us choose the location, to the park permits. He was infinitely patient and kind with my million questions of how we were going to pull this off. And he was wonderful all the way through the ceremony calming my nerves and writing a beautiful ceremony for us taking our preferences into account. Heidi was so fun and got everyone involved in the photos and I can’t wait to see how they turn out! They are both Lovely people and it’s obvious they really enjoy what they do!
    Thank you Brian and Heidi for these special memories!!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Jen

Jen Gackle · Married on 10/17/2019

Brian Borgia & Heidi (photographer)

Excellent! We did an elopement ceremony on the beach with this duo. All the steps leading up to and day of were seamless. The elopement package was perfect and Brian helped us pick the perfect location since we had never been there before. We used Heidi as the photographer and she is superb. If you are traveling for a destination wedding - definitely choose this company.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Liz

Liz Forbes · Married on 09/22/2019

Wedding by the Ocean

Brian and his team are beyond excellent! So caring and very detailed oriented. Always ready to answer any questions and very responsive. We loved working with him and would highly recommend him to anyone ready to start the wedding planning process.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Abir · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely amazing!

There is not enough that I could say to describe how efficiently and wonderfully Brian and Heidi work together to create the wedding of your dream!
    We contacted Weddings in Monterey a couple of months before our date while still trying to decide how we were going to arrange for a wedding in such a very short period. Brian was very to respond to my email –while they were on vacation- and answered many of my numerous questions. He was clear and precise and gave us many options to work with. Initially we were considering to have a small wedding with only family members and a few friends, later though we decided to elope alone and have a big party for everyone afterwards. Back and forth, we touched on every little detail with Brian and then we met with him about a month before the wedding date. He took lots of notes and we discussed locations and details. Once we decided on a location with Brian’s help, he sent us a questionnaire to fill out for our ceremony. We met once more and ironed everything out. I was still very nervous that things will go as planned. A couple of weeks before the wedding, Heidi contacted me and we decided on the final schedule. The day of the wedding, Heidi came to the hotel as planned but about 15 minutes early and took plenty of pictures for both of us. Then we met Brian at the chosen location. Throughout the whole experience both Heidi and Brian were very professional, warm and super nice. Our ceremony was perfect! Even the weather cooperated and we had the sunset pictures we wanted and the video we recorded of the ceremony with our cell phone came out clear and better than expected.
    The cherry on the top came the day after the wedding when Heidi sent us a small album that contained some of the most amazing pictures of our little ceremony. I had asked her to send us a few to show our family but never expected her to do it so quickly and with that many pictures. They were absolutely perfect! She captured all the special moments and we received many compliments on how beautiful the pictures came out. Now I can’t wait to get the full album.
    Would I recommend Brian and Heidi? ABSOLUTELY! They were amazing! And the small little ceremony they participated in will be forever this incredible precious everlasting memory in our minds. Thank you so much Brian and Heidi for a magnificent wedding!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Scott

Scott & Bambi Sprague · Married on 07/21/2019

Brian Borgia/ Officiant

We so enjoyed our experience with our officiant by Weddings in Monterey! We couldn’t be happier with their professionalism and their pleasantry!!! We had so much fun considering it was just a simple wedding in a garden!!! We honestly would recommend them !!!! We were so happy with Brian Borgia & associates, that we also hired his photographer wife to take the most elegant pictures of us!!!! We love the time they spent setting up to make the pictures look just perfect!!! Thanks again for making our day Special. We are from Modesto, Ca. and driving to Carmel was a gorgeous drive and we stayed at the Tickle Pink Inn. 💍💗💙

Sent on 08/04/2019

Nicole Kinsman · Married on 07/19/2019

Amazing wedding planner!

Brian was so incredible! He helped me with every single detail of my dream wedding and was so kind throughout the entire process. He truly cared about the details and made the whole thing so easy for me. He gave me recommendations, dealt with the florist, supplied all the chairs, archway, hooks, music, etc. I would recommend him 110%! I feel very lucky to have found him!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Catherine Brekken · Married on 05/10/2019

Elopement in Monterey

My husband and I came from Nevada and decided to elope in Carmel. Brian and Heidi made everything so easy! We communicated through email and Brian was always very responsive. He wrote an absolutely beautiful ceremony for us and helped us decide on a location that was exactly what we wanted. Heidi is an AMAZING photographer and so easy to work with. She gave us easy instructions to understand and worked with the images we wanted, plus some awesome creative shots. I am so happy we chose Brian and Heidi to be our officiant and photographer for our elopement ceremony. They did not disappoint and I would recommend them for any wedding in the area!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Claire · Married on 04/20/2019

Fantastic!

We came in from out of town and I was nervous that things might not go as planned. I didn’t need to worry. Brian was professional and helpful and he guided me through everything. He wrote our ceremony and he captured what we wanted perfectly. Heidi is a fabulous photographer and so fun and nice too. They are a great team and I could not recommend them more highly!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Harlie

Harlie Mosley · Married on 04/18/2019

Beautiful and affordable beach wedding

Brian and Heidi are absolutely the best. We had a beautiful wedding on the beach and it could not have been more perfect. Brian did an amazing job on the processionals and took the time to learn our love story and incorporate it. Heidi was so much fun to work with doing our photos. Everything was perfect. If you want an affordable and amazing beach wedding, I highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/23/2019
  • Phil

Phil · Married on 04/07/2019

Intimate wedding day

Our dream was an intimate wedding on the beach, and Brian and Heidi made our dream come true! They know the area, they helped us plan, and they are the nicest people, they made our wedding day special, not only what they did for us, also their personalities. We had just met them and they already felt like good friends. And Heidi is a true professional with her photography!

Sent on 04/10/2019
  • Tiffanie

Tiffanie · Married on 01/26/2019

Exceptional. Made our day extra special

Brian and Heidi did an exceptional job at our wedding. We made all of our arrangements by emails due to us living in Montana. Brian was very professional and extremely helpful with our wedding. Hiedi was so much fun during our photos and was very accommodating during the whole process. We are looking forward to seeing the great shoots she took. I highly recommend them and know you will be impressed. Thank you so much for making our day extra special.

Sent on 01/29/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 10/28/2018

Brian and Heidi are great. Highly recommend!

I have nothing but positive things to say about Brian and Heidi from Weddings in Monterey.

My husband and I are from the SF Bay Area, and wanted to do a small intimate wedding in the Monterey area and we didn't want a lot of fuss. Brian's help through the planning process was great. And as an officiant, he was extremely warm and felt like part of the family. Heidi was our photographer and we took a lot of pictures in our time together. She was also very good working with us and our family. I haven't received the photos yet but look forward to getting them in a few weeks!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Marinda · Married on 08/10/2018

We planned our whole wedding with Weddings in Monterey and I couldn’t be happier. My wedding was a dream come true and was more perfect than I could have ever imagined it could be. Thank you Brian!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Anna · Married on 08/04/2018

Brian is incredible. We planned our Carmel River State Beach wedding from Sacramento CA. All correspondence was done by email and Brian was ALWAYS responsive, gives good advice/tips for the area, and handled ALL the details (flowers, license, arch setup, chairs, etc) check out all the packages he offers!! Our wedding ceremony 8/4/18 was a dream come true. The florist Brian works with is incredible & the ceremony he wrote for us - brought a tear to our eye. I cant say enough good things. He is so professional, kind & beyond helpful! Not to mention good pricing!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Andrew · Married on 06/23/2018

We are from Orange County, CA and decided to do a destination somewhere up the coast. From doing google searches, we stumbled upon the Weddings In Monterey website, and ended up scheduling to meet Brian in person. From the first meeting we knew we were in good hands. Brian is such a genuine and kind person, who truly cares about his clients from day one. We had no idea what beach we wanted to have the wedding at, so Brian gave his honest opinion about all the locations, and we ended up deciding on Carmel River State Beach. Brian also gave us recommendations for restaurants for receptions, and we ended up choosing the restaurant II Fornaio because of his list. He really took the stress out of planning our ceremony, and he is so attentive to every detail. He even took care of working with California State Parks to get the event permit for our wedding day. On the day of our ceremony, the weather was absolutely amazing, but because it was June 23rd, 2018 the beach was very crowded. But Brian did not hesitate at all. He got everything set up perfectly (chairs and archway) and even asked some people to move over on the beach so we would have a nice area around us. We couldn't be happier with how our wedding ceremony turned out, and we are so thankful we came across Brian who made our dream destination wedding happen. It was meant to be! His wife Heidi was also the photographer which came with our package, and she was also amazing. The Borgia's are down to earth, kind, and honest. You will be in the best of hands using them for your wedding planning and execution. They are locals to the area and have the best connections you could ask for. Anyone they recommend for additional services will be just as honest and caring as themselves. Thank you so much for being apart of our amazing day and making it moment we will never forget.

-Andrew and Marissa Linderman

Sent on 08/01/2018

Steff · Married on 05/04/2018

Brian Borgia is hands down the best wedding coordinator! He was very professional and responsive to all our needs. He made the whole process easy and seamless by paying attention to every detail. He made our dream wedding a reality. We would highly recommend Brian. No need to look any further, this is the guy!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Caroline · Married on 12/11/2017

There was something quite lovely getting married with the help of another married couple. Brian and Heidi make a great team. They clearly work well together and love doing so. I loved their sense of humour which really calmed our nerves. When we got married at The Frog Pond, which was truly the most perfect setting for us. They had just returned from a couples retreat. We quite like how they as a couple made time for one another away from work place. We had chosen the Simplicity package over the Elopement one as we liked the song options and the photographic package was better and definitely worth it. Although it was just the four of us, (myself, husband to be and our two children) they made our ceremony feel incredibly special and intimate. The words that Brian had wrote, incorporating our children in so they could feel part of it was perfect. Heidi and her assistant Sam captured minute by minute which allowed us to share our memories with our family and friends back home in the UK on our return. They were stunning. We loved the balance of posed photos with the more relaxed in-between moments that truly reflected our day. We do not, for one second regret cancelling our large Manor House wedding in the UK for our wedding in Monterey with Brian and Heidi. Thank you x

Sent on 01/21/2018

Brandon · Married on 11/01/2017

From the initial interaction to the time we drove off as a married couple, everything about Weddings in Monterey was perfect. We are lucky to have found Brian and Heidi for our special day. Our needs were fairly simple and they were able to accommodate us in every way. Their connection for the wedding location was exactly what we wanted. We could not have asked for a better or more beautiful setting. It represented us in a number of ways.
    We communicated via email to set everything up, it was that easy to work with them! On the day of our event, Brian was our officiant and Heidi was our photographer and witness. Both of them were a joy to work with. They were warm, engaging, friendly, funny and genuine. We felt extremely at ease with them from the moment we met. It was the absolute best experience we could have asked for.
    If you want to get married in Monterey - no matter how small or big - choose Brian and Heidi. They will make sure your day is exactly what you want and deliver nothing but the best.

Sent on 12/28/2017
  • Rosa

Rosa · Married on 10/15/2017

There are so many words I can use to describe Brian Borgia's services. To begin with, my husband and I are currently in the military and we live in 2 different states not even close to California but we really wanted a beautiful beach wedding and that is exactly what we got! We are so thankful to have chosen Brian as our ceremony coordinator. Because of our different work schedules and different time zones, we mostly communicated via email and Brian always responded to any questions we had very quickly. I wasn't the type of bride that was very picky with the set-up. I gave Brian pictures of what I pictured our ceremony to look like and him and his wife made it happen! We received many compliments from both sides of our family of how beautiful our ceremony was. I couldn't picture a better Ceremony for my husband and I... (except me redoing my vows because I forgot them when the time came, but that's a different story) :p

Sent on 11/15/2017

Kevin · Married on 09/22/2017

Brian and Heidi did a great job. Everything was setup and arranged as requested including accommodating several last minute requests. Very professional ceremony, setup and photos. We set up everything by email and showed up 20 minutes before service and everything was perfect. We highly recommend Weddings in Monterey for a beautiful beach wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2017

David · Married on 09/17/2017

Weddings in Monterey, Brian and Heidi Borgia were and are the best of the best. We could not have asked for a better ceremony from the processional, to the vows and the final photographs. This couple was exactly what Amy and I asked for and thankfully received.
    This is Amy's first marriage thanks to the quality of service, the professionalism and the overall comfort that Brian and Heidi provided.
    Thank you Heidi and Brian Borgia. Bravo!!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Tjasa · Married on 09/15/2017

My fiancée and I were planning coast to coast motorcycle trip across USA and an intimate elopement along the way. Because we are from Europe, I was looking for company who can arrange everything for us and Weddings in Monterey was it. From first email, Brian was very helpful and responsive. He replied and answered all of my questions and helped with choosing the venue. We met 2 days before the ceremony and we went trough everything step by step, so we felt confident everything will be perfect. And so it was! Even more then perfect. The location was amazing and ceremony he wrote was so beautiful!
    Because we eloped, photographs were very important to us. Heidi did a great job. She made us feel relaxed and easy to work with. She listened to our wishes and helped us with her suggestions. You could see how much experience she has and how easy everything was. Even though it was our first photo shooting together the photos really look amazing. Brian and Heidi, thank you again for the most beautiful day! I would definitely recommend Weddings in Monterey!

Sent on 10/29/2017