Weddings by Rev. Joe Reviews

170 | Richmond Hill, GA

170 Reviews for Weddings by Rev. Joe

Amanda S. · Getting married on 05/12/2022

Beautiful Elopement Ceremony By Rev. Joe

Rev. Joe did a fantastic job performing our wedding/elopement ceremony! Kevin and I were from out of town and Joe was in constant contact with us- he made sure our day was perfect and what we truly wanted. He made everything so simple, easy, and not stressful! Thank you Rev. Joe for everything!

Sent on 03/22/2021

Lisa H. · Married on 03/19/2021

Best Decision

We decided to have Rev. Joe officiate our wedding and we couldn’t be happier with our decision. Communication was excellent from start to finish.
    The vows and prayers he chose were wonderful and he provided us with copies to keep.
    Our day was exactly what we were looking for thanks to him. We would highly recommend using Rev Joe for your wedding day!

Sent on 03/20/2021
  • Z

Zephanee M. · Married on 02/28/2021

He makes it feel just as personal as if he’s known you for years!

We planned our elopement very short notice and honestly didn’t even think of the ceremony until right before, but Reverend Joe took our notes and made it absolutely beautiful with plenty of sweet and funny moments in between !! We are so glad he was part of our big day!

Sent on 03/11/2021

Caroline P. · Married on 02/20/2021

We love Rev. Joe!

We eloped in Savannah on 02/20/2021 and Rev. Joe Wadas was exceptional, he contacted us in a timely manner and discussed with us both our expectations of vows and marriage. He got on a personal level with us and included in our vows special and personal details (such as the joining of our family with our children). He included Bible verses that were special to us.
    We were both very nervous during the ceremony and what I loved about Rev. Joe Wadas was that he was very warm and welcoming and he made us both laugh to loosen the nervousness. During the ceremony, we both were almost in tears of happiness.
    After the ceremony, he promptly sent out marriage certificate to our county courthouse which came back within three days making our marriage official.
    I would rate Rev. Wadas with 10 stars if I could, he was exceptional, sincere, humble, and made our marriage ceremony special with the details he included in our exchange of vows. It almost felt like he knew us even though we had never met.
    We really appreciate his service to us in making our marriage official, especially with God. We are truly blessed and I cannot thank Rev. Wadas enough for making our elopement special.

Sent on 03/18/2021

Adriana L. · Married on 01/15/2021

Rev.Joe made our Rainy day a Sunny one. 😁

Rev.Joe was amazing! He made our day extra special. The vows he wrote for us captured who we both were. We are forever grateful.

Sent on 03/11/2021
  • Ashley

Ashley O. · Married on 12/29/2020

Wonderful experience!

Reverend Joe was awesome. We hired him for our elopement ceremony, and he created a relaxed, meaningful service for us. He was original and not at all cringey like too many wedding ceremonies are. I loved the ceremony and he was so nice! Definitely recommend.

Sent on 03/18/2021

Brooke B. · Married on 12/20/2020

Get joe Wadas as your officiant!

Joe was amazing. He made our ceremony exactly how we wanted it! Would highly recommend. He also sends your paper in for you so you don’t have to worry about it!

Sent on 03/20/2021
  • Morgan

Morgan H. · Married on 10/17/2020

Loved working with Rev. Joe

I had an October wedding and in August I found out my original officiator was unable to officiate our wedding. When I asked a few of my other vendors for recommendations, Rev. Joe was highly suggested. Luckily for me he was available for our ceremony. He is a true professional and really made our ceremony special. We loved having him as a part of our special day. He is quick to respond and very flexible. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an officiator in Savannah.

Sent on 10/28/2020

Kalli B. · Married on 06/27/2020

Amazing!

Rev. Joe was so amazing! He made our dream wedding come true. The ceremony was perfect and tailored to my husband and I. Rev. Joe was so accommodating and made sure the ceremony included everything we wanted. It turned out so special and personal. Our guests loved him and thought that he had know us for years! We 100% recommend Rev. Joe! We are so blessed that we found him for our wedding :)

Sent on 07/01/2020

Catherine · Married on 06/02/2020

Quick and Meaningful

We eloped “secretly” just the two of us with Rev. Joe at the beautiful Lafayette Square! It was short, sweet and perfect. He was so easy to work with, highly recommend! We will be celebrating with our big ceremony later next year!

Sent on 06/26/2020

Carolann P. · Married on 05/31/2020

Saved the day!

Reverend Joe saved the day! We were originally supposed to get married in NY but it was postponed due to COVID 19. I contacted Reverend Joe 2 weeks prior to our original wedding date and he was able to make it happen, in our backyard, small and intimate and perfect. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/03/2020

Kathleen H. · Married on 05/28/2020

The Perfect Minister To Marry Us!

I found Rev. Joe via Google looking for someone specific for the Savannah area. After reading several reviews I felt he was the choice. After contacting him we texted our communications primarily and we were able to meet in person prior to the ceremony. Rev. Joe is a very personable person. He listened intuitively asked lots of questions to a pain a picture of "Our Story". The ceremony was a great- he nailed it and the words so genuine & down to earth made us both cry (even our photographer too!) I can not say enough - he matched our pesonalities and what we were looking for perfectly! Thank you Rev Joe

Sent on 07/03/2020

Jaclyn · Married on 03/07/2020

Great Experience!

Reverend Joe listened to exactly what we wanted out of our ceremony and delivered exactly that. He was extremely easy to work with, was on time, helped us thoroughly throughout the entire process and was very responsive. I would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 07/07/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/16/2019

The perfect storyteller

Rev. Joe counseled my husband and I prior to our wedding (which he also officiated) and I have to say it was the best decision we could have ever made. Rev. Joe was able to get to know us on a more personal level through premarital counselling and to learn all of the intimate details of our relationship. He worked with us to understand ourselves as individuals and as a couple and also used this information to create a beautiful script for our wedding ceremony.

We wanted a ceremony that was short, sweet and to the point as we’ve both been to weddings where it seemed the ceremony just dragged on forever and for no reason. We were pledging our love and commitment to one another, not attempting to retell our entire life story or put on a dramatic theater act.

Rev. Joe worked with us to create a ceremony that honored our religious upbringings (and our parents) while also respecting the fact that neither of us currently practices our respective faiths. He incorporated a hand ceremony by my request and even threw in a little humor about me, as the wife, always having the upper hand. He made everyone laugh but he also brought many to tears. I even became emotional during our vows after hearing and reflecting on the beauty of Rev. Joe’s previous words which perfectly represented my husband and I and our future together.

I could not recommend Rev. Joe enough. If you want someone who will truly make your wedding about you and your spouse and the life you are about to embark on together, choose Rev. Joe. Our ceremony was unlike any I’d ever been a part of before, so intimate and so incredibly special. I’m thankful we chose to have our wedding videoed and that we will always be able to relive those moments!

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/26/2019

Savannah destination wedding

Having a destination wedding in Savannah most planing happens over the phone , but i got to meet Joe before hand, he was very easy to work with and kind. He customized the readings and made everything very easy and run smoothly. He was very helpful; because my fiance and I were really involved with the ceremony we got to add scriptures and customize a lot. The tree planting ceremony ritual was so beautiful and how he spoke of it was something i'll never forget and think of it as we continue to grow in our marriage.

Sent on 02/13/2020
  • Katie

Katie L. · Married on 02/16/2019

Perfect for our Multi-Denominational Wedding!

My husband and I LOVE Reverend Joe and highly highly recommend him as your officiant! I come from a very liberal Quaker background, and my husband comes from a more conservative Catholic family, so we were very unsure about how to design a wedding ceremony which honored both sides and offended no one. Reverend Joe helped us custom tailor our wedding ceremony to hit a heartfelt and absolutely perfect balance between our two very different religious backgrounds. Reverend Joe had so many amazing ideas which made our ceremony so unique and meaningful. Our favorite recommendation of his was to take a moment during the ceremony to honor both of our parents. If anyone was holding back tears this is definitely the moment where everyone broke! Afterwards, guests on both sides told us that the wedding ceremony felt very true to us, and many also mentioned that it was the best ceremony they had ever been to!

I'm delighted to report that if you are considering Savannah for a destination wedding, it is easy and fun to get to know Rev. Joe over video chats and phone calls (my husband and I planned our wedding from Los Angeles). He was an absolute joy to work with and we are forever grateful that we chose him as our wedding officiant. Our ceremony was *perfect*, and it was all thanks to Rev. Joe's great ideas and excellent writing!

Sent on 03/17/2019

Weddings by Rev. Joe's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. Thanks also for including the photo in your review. Keep in touch!
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/09/2018

Rev. Joseph is the best!!

Rev. Joseph was absolutely amazing throughout our wedding process from start to finish. He is extremely professional, easy to work with and so nice!! We were a little clueless about how to structure our ceremony and he gave us a bunch of great suggestions and guidance. Not to mention the fact that he has a wonderful speaking voice and presence that commands attention. So many people after our wedding mentioned how much they loved his ceremony structure and raved about how great of a speaker he was! We are so grateful to Rev. Joseph for our dream ceremony!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Samantha B. · Married on 10/19/2018

Absolutely the best!

I was planning my elopement from Pittsburgh, so effective communication was a must. Joe was absolutely amazing. He asked all the right questions to get the right vibe for our elopement. We wanted the feeling and emotion of a large wedding but without all of the guests. Rev. Joe prepared an absolutely beautiful ceremony with some additional readings added in at my request. The words from his ceremony are something that not only my husband and I will cherish but our entire family as well. I truly could not ask for anything more. He was punctual and even kept the ceremony lighthearted when our naughty bulldog was tired of behaving. We have told the story of Rev. Joe announcing our marriage probably fifty times in the month that we've been married because he really was at the center of what made our day so special to us. If you are considering Rev. Joe, don't waste your time looking elsewhere. You will have a ceremony to hold in your heart forever with Rev. Joe.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Jasmine · Married on 10/06/2018

My wonderful ceremony

Rev Joe was amazing he helped us create our beautiful with our ideas and wishes in mind and his delivery was excellent. I didn’t read the outline he send us completely because I wanted to be surprised somewhat. Hearing him on the day of made me cry and I Really wasn’t planning on crying. So nice I can’t thank him enough. He was the best part of our wedding.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Jonathan · Married on 09/29/2018

Reverend Joe was outstanding. He worked with us in the months leading up to our wedding to make sure that we had the perfect ceremony. Reverend Joe even took time out of his schedule to meet us ahead of time to get to know us. Above all else, Reverend Joe was a very calming influence on the wedding day and even during the ceremony. When we thought we might cry, he would do or say something to let us know that everything was going to be alright. I received many compliments throughout the night on how good Reverend Joe was. I can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Cynthia · Married on 12/09/2017

I was so delighted and pleased with Rev. Joe. Several family members commented on how well the service was. He did s perfect job. Exactly the length I wanted, professional and pleasant but felt very at ease and comfortable, beautiful presentation, & well spoken!! I chose him from a list with additional research. We had a destination wedding so all communication was via email until day of. He was a little more than the other person I was looking at but my gut said chose him. I’m so pleased I did!! It was perfect!!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Leslie · Married on 11/19/2017

Reverend Joe Wadas exceeded our expectations! His ceremony was absolutely wonderful and so meaningful We had so many compliments on him. He's very friendly, professional and tailored the service to exactly what we wanted.
    12-2-17

Sent on 12/02/2017

Emily · Married on 09/03/2017

I used Rev. Wadas for my wedding this past weekend and he was absolutely amazing. Incredibly easy to work with. Able to do everything over email since I live in SC. The forms/info he gathers makes your ceremony you're own. On the day, I was so touched by his kind, meaningful and sweet ceremony. Use Rwv. Wadas for you wedding. Everyone couldn't get over how great he was. He helped make our day perfect.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Brian · Married on 05/19/2017

Rev Joe,

As father of the bride, I didn’t know what to expect. What I did learn was you were the perfect fit for our family. As I think back about the wedding day, we had many highlights, and your were definitely one. You were by far above and beyond professional, fun and kept the ceremony flowing without a hitch, even when we had a few. It all turned into an awesome carefree day with a bit of comical relief. Thank you for sharing the love and for you being you.
    Sincerely, Brian Imirie

Sent on 05/30/2017
  • Rowan

Rowan · Married on 02/17/2017

Rev. Joe was amazing and really made us feel special on our big day, Feb 2017 at Savannah Botanical Gardens. He was so helpful in telling us what to do and helping us relax and just enjoy the moment. He was so kind and even had some humor in the ceremony which was perfect for us, and what a beautiful ceremony he wrote for us. I had no idea what I really wanted for the ceremony but when I read what he wrote it was perfect. From the time we emailed him to even after the wedding he exceeded exceptions.

Sent on 03/14/2017