Weddings By Michele Reviews

24 | Lexington, KY

24 Reviews for Weddings By Michele

24 Weddings By Michele Reviews

Andy · Married on 10/06/2018

I think you have to sometimes take reviews of wedding vendors with a grain of salt, as it's easy to write reviews based on emotions and not actual performance - be it good or bad. After all, you're not reviewing a place for putting new tires on your car - you're reviewing people who were intimately involved in one of the most important events in your life.

However, my review of Michele and her assistant Ashley is 100% analytical and based on the job they did.

Michele is incredible. I initially hired her to primarily be a day-of onsite manager. I soon realized that despite trying to do most of the other project management myself, we really needed a pro to help with general consulting and planning. Michele was instrumental in these areas. But the real superhero talents she and Ashley possess came through in the final hour... two hours before our outdoor wedding of 180 people was about to begin, a freak storm came through. Flower vases were knocked down, table settings were torn up, muddy areas abounded, the dance floor was soaked... you name it. I was about to have a melt-down. Meanwhile, Michele remained cool as a cucumber, assured me everything was going to be fine, and they worked tirelessly to get everything tied together. And it was. The clouds parted, the sun appeared, and the ceremony and rest of the evening was absolutely flawless. Whether it was coordinating with other vendors, restocking the paper towels in the restroom, or furiously wiping down the dance floor as it got a little muddy, Michele and Ashley did it - allowing my husband and I to relax and celebrate what MANY guests told us with tremendous confidence was one of if not THE best wedding they'd ever attended (even including their own! LOL).

Jackie · Married on 09/02/2017

I couldn't have ask for a better wedding planner. Michele pulled together great vendors for our wedding. We didn't have to worry about a thing, not even the hurricane that came through for an outdoor wedding! Michele was one step ahead on everything!!! My spouse and I didn't have to worry about one detail -- Michele took care of everything! I highly recommend her!!!

Tina · Married on 03/14/2015

Michele and her staff were wonderful to work with in the planning of our daughter's March 2015 wedding. Michele was always available for meetings and returned emails and phone calls promptly. She recommended some amazing vendors to us and worked well with vendors we chose on our own. She was always mindful of our budget and helped us stretch it without compromising the wedding our daughter desired. The weeks leading up to the wedding were challenging to say the least. Extreme snow and rain threatened our plans for the private farm wedding. Michele created alternate plans to ensure the day would be perfect in every way. The week of the wedding the railroad company closed the track on the only road leading to the farm for repairs. Michele kept in contact with the railroad company and kept the vendors informed about when the track would be reopened for travel. The wedding day came and the venue was beautiful, the wedding party (all 24 of them) were where they needed to be when they needed to be there and the wedding started on time. The reception ran smoothly from start to finish and our guests had an amazing time. We could not have asked for more from our wedding planner.

Michele and Kristen did an amazing job helping with my wedding. I don't understand how anyone can have a wedding without a wedding planner. Michele recommended almost all of the vendors we went with and we were not disappointed in anyone. I was an out of town bride and Michele was always a text away. Our wedding day was amazing and Michele and Kristen made it so.

As a groom, I thought Michele and Kristen did a great job of making the wedding planning easy, fun and actually enjoyable. I feel that Michele is very honest and open, gave us tons of options for vendors, and was a huge help. We planned the wedding from across the country and I know we couldn't have pulled off such a great wedding without her. I also can't imagine how people do weddings without a wedding planner. The day of our wedding was completely stress free because of all the work that Michele and Kristin did coordinating all our vendors and setting up everything. Would definitely recommend!

Laura · Married on 08/03/2013

Weddings by Michele was very helpful, keeping me pointed in the right direction. There are so many details and plans to to make for wedding of almost any size, it can become confusing quickly. Michele and Kristin were full of great ideas, handy advice, and support. I highly recommend them for anybody planning a wedding in Kentucky.

Rachel · Married on 06/15/2013

I decided to hire Michele due to her outdoor wedding expertise. We planned my wedding for almost a year and I felt like everything was finished well within the time frame. She was very knowledgeable of the local vendors in the Lexington area and helped me to choose the right ones for my wedding. She listened and answered all of my questions no matter how silly they may have seemed in hind sight. Michele thought and planned out all of the details, and even details that I wouldn't have even considered! No matter how big or small your wedding will is, Michele can handle them all!

Andrea · Married on 06/08/2013

Michele and Kristin we're worth every penny I paid...I couldn't have asked for a better group to take care of my wedding and my LARGE wedding party :)

They we're helpful, answered all of my silly questions, and kept me calm the entire time!

They helped make my wedding day absolutely perfect!

Hard-working, dedicated, professional.

Gloria · Married on 09/15/2012

Melissa Smith and Michelle Landers are outstanding wedding planners. Their expertise and knowledge were invaluable in plannig our outdoor wedding and spared us from potential mis-steps. They are a delightful team to work with - highly professional and responsive to our needs and requests. They were generous with their time and always available to talk. Engaging them was well worth the investment and gave us peace of mind throughout the wedding planning process and the day of the event.

Melissa · Married on 04/28/2012

My name is Melissa and I work with Michele Landers. My concern is with the last review.....wedding date 4/28/12. Although there is two sides to a story. I will not go into the facts of what really went on,however, the last comment was absolutely and completely false. I respond because it involves myself. We kept this brides items for nearly three weeks in our office. Items that we were not responsible for but because no one wanted to deal with these items after the reception, I personally cleaned them and packed them up.....nicely and stored them for her. The day her mother finally came to pick up the items, Michele wasn't even in. Our office is on the second level with approxamialy 20 steps. Some of the items were heavy. So, I placed them down the steps in our lower lobby that has a door to the outside so her mother would not have to carry these heavy items down the stairs. They were never placed outside the building at no time and the office staff below us will testify to the fact that these items were inside the building and they watched her mother carry them from inside the building. I would have gladly helped, but her mother ran very late and I had a lunch meeting I had to go.

Haley · Married on 09/04/2010

I could never fully explain how grateful I am to Michele. She was a fountain of information and eased my nerves the second I talked to her. I had a tall order for her when it came to planning my wedding and she (and my wedding) exceeded my expectations. My wedding was outside in a place that had never hosted a wedding and my mother-in-law had a LOT of guests and I had a very limited budget. I did not think my budget could include a wedding planner, but Michele saved me at least three times (probably five times, honestly) as much as she cost me. Michele was personable and confident through every aspect of the planning and the nerves associated with the planning. She is in contact with a huge crowd of wedding related vendors - from the portable toilets to the photographer. She can answer any question and deal with any problem and I cannot imagine what we would have done without her. Have I said enough? I could go on and on and still not feel like I did her justice. I would recommend her services to absolutely anyone and will forever be thankful that she was part of my special day!

Joy · Married on 07/10/2010

Weddings by Michele is the best! I am a stickler for perfection and knew that no one ...no one would EVER be able to live up to my expectations. I was wrong! Michele and her staff surpassed them all. Not just once, but twice. She planned and coordinated my daughter's fairytale wedding ten years ago and then recently planned and coordinated my 35th Wedding/Reaffirmation. She was always personable yet highly professional. She managed to accomplish things that I thought were impossible. I just sat back and enjoyed our ceremony and celebration because I knew that Michele would make sure EVERYTHING was perfect. I can not express how beautiful and perfect both occasions were. I may have had the initial ideas, I took them to Michele, some she loved and knew exactly how to accomplish them. Others, she gave me options I didn't even know I had. I love her to pieces!!!!!!! She single-handedly made our dreams come true!

Rachael · Married on 04/24/2010

Michele’s services were exceptional! She was flexible, knowledgeable, and creative. She went above and beyond my expectations. Michele gave me great insight and was always there to answer all my “many” questions. I had a blast working with her through every step of the planning process. My big day was unforgettable! I would recommend Michele to anyone who wants their wedding to be ‘a dream come true!’

Kristin · Married on 10/10/2009

I am so happy that I met Michele at the Bridal Show in Lexington. We had a small wedding with family out of town. Michele designed our announcements for all of our friends and clients, and they were perfect. I was so short on time that Michele even went a step further and stamped and mailed them for us. Then we used one of our wedding photos (with our children) for Christmas cards. She once again assisted us with the text and did a beautiful job printing the
    pictures. We are very happy with Michele's expertise and assistance.

Tammy · Married on 06/07/2008

Hiring Michele was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding. I knew right away she was a perfect match for me. She was on top of every detail and made our day stress free and memorable. When someone can pull off a June wedding in 100 degree weather OUTSIDE perfectly, you know you got the best! Now I'm training along with her to become a wedding planner myself in hopes to be as organized, knowledgeable, and detail oriented as she is with her business. Thanks again Michele.....

Erika · Married on 05/10/2008

They are great. They are very professional and helpful. I took my own invitations and they printed them for me. THis means that they are very willing to help you and work in anyway you need them too. They have lots of stationary to chose from for every budget. I highly recommend them.

MAry · Married on 12/15/2009

I was very happy with the service! She was very creative and that's a big part for a wedding planner. The price was fair. I would choose this wonderful service again if I had another wedding.

Erica · Married on 08/22/2009

Can I give more than 5 stars for value for cost?? Investing in Michele was THE BEST decision I made when planning my wedding. My day was completely stress free and every detail was catered to. I truly can't imagine a bride deciding to take on all of those details themselves.
    Michele and Tammy really are a budget must have!!

Makenzie · Married on 02/24/2007

She did a beautiful job of planning our wedding. We had a great time.

Krista · Married on 05/13/2006

Very professional and friendly staff. The announcement looked very nice and were moderately affordable.

Note: I do not necessarily recall the cost of the invitations, so I estimated the amount below.

Laurann · Married on 04/17/2010

Michele was a tremendous asset in planning our special day, especially in assisting with selecting vendors that best suited our tastes and in providing suggestions and details that made the day's events run smoothly. Pleasure to work with!

Chang · Married on 04/08/2006

She did a really nice job planning my wedding.

Whitney · Married on 04/28/2012

2.6
      1.5
      1.5
      2.0

I hired Michele to help plan, coordinate, organize and overall tie up the loose ends for our wedding starting the month prior. The months leading up to my wedding, I didn't expect her to be terribly involved due to the fact that we only signed a contract for the month of the wedding. Leading up to the big day, Michele was great to work with considering our expectations, which weren't very high. If we had questions, she responded within 24 hours with great suggestions/advice regarding using specific vendors and handling specific situations. She created our timeline for the rehearsal as well as the entire day of the wedding. She made our programs and table numbers which looked great! She also made our signature drink signs which, after looking into everything further, were named incorrectly. They were supposed to be called "Mint to Be," but for some reason they were called "Wedding Blitz" on the signs. No idea where that came from. This is only the beginning of the mistakes. We visited the ceremony and reception site together as well as discussed specific details with event managers. Everything "seemed" to be running smoothly until the most important days arrived...the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. For some reason, everything we discussed on the timeline, the order of the wedding party, how the ceremony was to take place/look, etc. all went out the window. She completely forgot practically everything we discussed. She forgot to tell the wedding party how they were supposed to stand the day of the wedding, she forgot where the wedding party was supposed to come in from, she forgot the order of the wedding party, and, since we were having an outdoor wedding, she forgot to make sure cars were lined up so the attendants couldn't see me walk out in my wedding dress before I walked down the aisle. Not to mention she did not coordinate with the photographer when the wedding party was supposed to be ready, so the groomsmen and ring bearers (who are 3 & 5) were waiting in the lobby for nearly TWO AND A HALF hours prior to the wedding. The groomsmen were pulled off the golf course early because she was screaming that they weren't going to be ready in time. Later, my mother and mother-in-law overheard her make a snide comment about my husband getting drunk at the bar all day before the wedding. Completely unneccessary...it's his wedding day too and if he wants to stay and the bar and get drunk (which he wasn't, by the way) then let him to do it. Then, to top it all off, after the ceremony when my husband and I were taking pictures, our wedding party had no idea where to go. Should they go take pictures? Should they stay at the ceremony site? Can they enjoy cocktail hour at the reception with the other guests? They had no idea and Michele was no where to be found. Finally my sister-in-laws found Michele hoping to get answers, and where was she? Having a cocktail by the reception tent by herself (we have photo evidence)! When my sister-in-laws asked her where everyone should be, she proceeded to blame it on me! The bride!! She said, "Oh, I'm sorry... The bride should have told you what to do." I didn't realize it was my responsibility to plan the ceremony/reception for the wedding planner on my wedding day. I felt like this was completely unprofessional. Who knows...maybe she was having a bad day, but we paid a lot of money for her to have a bad day. I found all of this out after returning from my honeymoon. No one wanted to say anything to me that day because they didn't want me to worry, but, unfortunately it stressed everyone else out which was what I was trying to avoid by hiring her. Overall, everyone told us that the wedding was perfect except for our wedding planner, the one person who should be responsible for ensuring everything does go smoothly, is organized, and stress free. Thank goodness for amazing, creative family and friends! If we didn't have them, I don't know how our wedding would have turned out. ****Coincidentally, within hours of me writing this review, Michele contacted me stating that if I didn't pick up my items from her office by end of business the next day (less than 24 hours), she would dispose of everything. My family was unable to take care of the items themselves due to everyone traveling from out of town, plus the fact that this is one of the reasons Michele was hired...to clean everything up and take care of everything after the ceremony so my family didn't have to. (I failed to mention that we only got 3 mason jars back out of the 12 we had used to decorate). I do, however, stand corrected about leaving the items on the sidewalk. I asked my mother about this again, and Michele/Melissa did leave the items at the bottom of the stairs. Everything else is 100% fact. Also, I have no complaints about her having a cocktail, even if it was or was not on our tab. It was simply the poor timing and lack of involvement she displayed when she was having it. I am only writing this review in order to make room for improvement for the next bride she works with, NOT to damage anyone's career/reputation. It all comes down to more attention to detail, better organization, and better capability of commanding a message to get the right thing done the first time. (P.S. I'm not in advertising; I'm a scientific recruiter).

Sent on 05/21/2012

Weddings By Michele's reply:

You learn something from every experience and I have learned a lot from this one. I have gone through the complaints with my staff and we have come up with some policies and procedures to keep this from happening again. Communication is the key and it was lacking here. The three brides who hired me this week, received a much more detailed description of what I would and could be held responsible for and what was out of my control. A review like this is damaging, as the bride well knows being in the advertising business. If this has given you doubts about interviewing me to be your planner, I ask that you give me the benefit of the doubt, there are two sides to consider. P.S. I did have a glass of wine, I paid for it at the hotel bar and have a receipt. I did not use the bride's bar. I made no attempt to hide it, drinking it in plain view of the tent, the patio and the Mansion so that I could keep an eye on the activities of all three areas.