Weddings by JDK Reviews

Weddings by JDK 5
Weddings by JDK 6
Weddings by JDK 7

Cindy · Married on 09/01/2013

It was a sweltering day so the servers had cold water and punch for the guests before and after the service. I had asked asked for some water to be available for the wedding party after the service and David delivered it to us himself. Shawn was great, always checking in to see if everything was going well. Even though it was the bride's day Shawn and David made the mother of the groom (me) feel special as well. Servers and bar staff were fantastic. Food was not normal catered food, it had flavor! The food was hot that needed to be hot. All the food was delicious and presented well. It was a celebration day and JDK made sure it was.

Sent on 09/05/2013

We had our wedding at Moonstone Manor which partners with Weddings by JDK to create a truly amazing wedding experience. We worked with wedding coordinator David Everett who demonstrated genuine excitement and experienced professionalism throughout the entire planning process. Working with David and JDK really removed much of the stress that can come along with wedding planning. We incorporated many Indian elements throughout the wedding and David was able to give great insight and feedback to tie everything together wonderfully. JoAnn Reisinger planned all of our flowers and created everything from amazing large centerpieces to small and sweet details to make everything look beautifully cohesive. The waitstaff was on point and my husband and I had 2 staff members to make sure that we were hydrated, eating and happy. Mara was in charge of a large portion of the day and did a fabulous job keeping everything running smoothly. They all seemed to know what we needed before we realized it ourselves. We had many comments from guests stating that the service was exceptional and that the food was the best they have ever had at a wedding. Finally, I actually was hospitalized shortly before my wedding and David personally e-mailed me to find out if I would have any dietary restrictions. He took care of me and stated that he "wanted to do everything to ensure that I still have the most amazing wedding day." He also fielded very last minute e-mails from me (night before, morning of the wedding) about things that I had overlooked because of my time in the hospital. These were small detail oriented things which other coordinators may have written off, but David took the time to make each of my ideas happen from the beginning of planning to literally the morning of the wedding. I would recommend JDK to anyone who is looking to have personalized and exceptional service.

Jason · Married on 08/24/2013

David at JDK was awesome! Along with his team they were able to put together the wedding we thought we could only dream of. Everything was perfect down to the smallest detail. They have weddings down to a science!

Andrea · Married on 08/10/2013

This group is amazing with grabbing your vision and running with it! Amanda and Steve were truly incredible during our planning journey. Each of these professionals was instrumental in making our dream come alive. It's worth every penny!!so many people told us we wouldn't eat at the wedding and made sure we ate the specialty dishes we chose. JDK made our day unforgettable.

Sent on 09/24/2013

They were helpful, professional and courteous they food was wonderful. people actually came up to me and said this was the best food i have ever had at a wedding. JDK is the best!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Kristi · Married on 06/22/2013

JDK is amazing! David is absolutely fabulous to work with. They really go out of their way to make sure to create your vision for your wedding with perfection. Their food is creative, fun and delicious. I had more than one guest tell me it was the best wedding food that they ever had. They were just amazing! I can't say enough good things about David and JDK!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Dave and Patti · Married on 06/16/2013

Please everyone, take heed: JDK is the BEST

Sent on 06/20/2013

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2013

People only remember two things about a wedding: What the bride looked like and how the food was. Well let me tell you that JDK gave everyone at our wedding something to remember.
    Our wedding was this past weekend (Sunday, June 16) and we had a very different set-up than most weddings. No assigned seating, and stations instead of a served dinner. First let me get to the obvious: the food was INCREDIBLE. We had a Chef attended Stir-Fry Station that was wonderful focal point and much more exciting than a standard carving station. And the Wasabi Mashed Potatoes were to die for! The options that David/JDK offer allowed us to cater to everyone, which was important as we did have a few people that were Vegetarian/Vegan and Gluten Free. The presentation was so beautiful as they staged all the flowers, food in a way that went with our theme (Burlap & Lace). They used lots of Moss, wild flowers, and tree elements to bring it all together. I was able to get around to most of the tables/people during the wedding or before they left for the night, and every single people I talked to raved about the food.
    David Everett (Senior Event Specialist/Lead Designer) was there for most of my wedding. We did have a bit of rain that day which ended up delaying our ceremony a bit. But David was a true professional and going above and beyond he was there watching the Radar and letting everyone know when we would be able to start and when the storm was about to pass. He even was there to hold my train up while my dad walked me down the stairs/aisle.
    JDK Group is not just a caterer, they are so much more. They are: a Wedding Planner, Floral Designers, Chefs, Professional Waitstaff. JDK is the epitome of FULL SERVICE and they have their profession down to a science. I would recommend them to anyone planning a Wedding, Party, Business Event, etc. Thank you so much to David, JoAnn and his entire waitstaff and chef(s) for making our wedding Unforgettable.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Weddings by JDK was fantastic to work with. The groom and I were completely relaxed and both had a great time at our wedding. This was in large part because we trusted that we were in the capable and competent hands of JDK, and we were right! Our wedding was beautiful. We received many compliments from our guests about the food and the decor. The flowers were lovely. The food was fantastic, and the presentation was exquisite. I have a lot of dietary restrictions and special requests (as did many of our guests), and JDK accommodated all of them. As the bride and groom, we received a lot of special attention. Right after the ceremony ended, we were offered our favorite beverages, and repeatedly over the course of the evening had staff asking us if we wanted anything. At dinner, all of the passed appetizers were placed at our table in case we wanted more of them. After the reception, a large bag of food was waiting for us outside the door of our bedroom at Moonstone Manor so that we could enjoy a midnight snack. All of these little touches really added to the enjoyment of our day.

David Everett is really a pleasure to work with. He's very personable and extremely responsive, and has great taste. You can relax knowing that he's working hard to make your event fantastic. I also thought that the cost was very reasonable given the high quality and excellent service.

Sent on 06/28/2013

LISA · Married on 06/09/2013

B) Any self-respecting event planner can spend a lot of money to make your wedding look good … but it takes real talent to spin a finite budget into something so brilliant and magical that it will leave you and your guests dazzled for days on end. Gratefully, our daughter’s wedding is now a testament to such talent while also confirming what many already knew … When you want to hit it “out of the park,” there’s only one David Everett!

David and his team at JDK made sure our wedding experience was the stuff of dreams. His talents were evident in every detail … from the freshly-squeezed lemonade awaiting our guests upon arrival to the subtleties of the lighting in the Moonstone Manor’s elegant tent. Nothing went without careful consideration and an abiding respect for our personal resources and sensibilities.

Above all, David listened. He listened and learned about our tastes and preferences. He probed for feedback and made ingenious suggestions. He inspired and guided us with such commanding confidence, I never worried for one minute about the countless logistics that were quietly playing out behind-the-scenes to ensure our blissful experience.

All I can say is, you can’t get a better ally or translator of dreams than David Everett, not to mention the entire team at JDK. The food was beyond exquisite. The ambience was breathtaking. And the service was both impeccable and refreshingly personal.

Equally important, by anticipating every want and need, David did everything he could to safeguard the intensely personal, sacred nature of our daughter’s wedding day. Our entire family is still euphoric, and we look forward to feeding off these memories for years to come!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Steffanye · Married on 06/01/2013

The FIRST wedding planning action we made was contacting Weddings by JDK. I cannot stress enough how amazing it is to work with this company. The JDK Group is passionate about their work and always striving to do more for their clients and the wedding division is no exception.

David Everett and his team were so flexible and supportive throughout the planning process. I was planning my wedding in PA from my home in Chicago and David met with me via Skype and Phone conferences when in-person was not a possibility. Once the planning process was complete and the big day was finally here, David was right there, sweating his a@$ off in the 90 degree heat with his team, giving my husband and I the most gorgeous wedding.

All other aspects of the wedding covered by JDK were amazing. JoAnn worked with me and created gorgeous bouquets. The food was awesome and many guests could not stop complimenting our choice in caterer. We had JDK make us a simple cake to cut and it was so good we had to eat some more before we froze it for the 1st anniversary!

Overall, Weddings by JDK was amazing to work with.

Sent on 06/27/2013

JDK Group was absolutely fabulous to work with ... they didn't leave out any of the details!

Sent on 05/01/2013

Vanessa · Married on 10/13/2012

JDK was fantastic to work with. As a bride and groom planning a wedding 4 hours away, getting timing right to meet with people was always tricky for us, but JDK was always ready to accommodate us when we were in town, which was a real blessing. There were a few day of hiccups, but nothing monumental. The food was fantastic, and the decor was beautiful. All night everyone was telling us how much they enjoyed the food. If I could do it all again, I'd choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Kyle · Married on 10/06/2012

Absolutely incredible!!! What JDK is capable of is truly mind blowing. Our wedding was 100% flawless! It was also beautiful and really original. The staff was also a major component to the high quality of our event. I am still getting compliments from guests and the wedding was two weeks ago. It was literally the buzz in our town.

Sent on 10/22/2012

breana · Married on 09/22/2012

We can not put into words how good of a job JDK did as a team. I attended one of their open houses, which I advise every bride to do. Everyone on the team was beyond welcoming and made you excited for the planning process.

We had Amanda and Gwen as our day of coordination event planners.
    The two of them were on top of every little detail and then some. They were prepared for the most unexpected events, rose to any challenge I or the day gave them and ran the show. Leading up to the day, Amanda was availble for meetings when needed and gave advice related to the wedding world when we were unsure of how something should go. She truly understands weddings and events! She kept the bride sane through the process which made for a personal friendship type of bond.

We worked with JoAnn for designing our centerpieces and other little touches of the day. She provided advice to us through out the planning, was flexible with changes to the contract and worked down the wire with us! We had three different types of center pieces and went light on flowers due to allergies. She understood my concern regarding my allergies and worked to help add the modern look I wanted for the day.

Overall, JDK is there for you as a person. Everyone we came in contact with gave advice to help benefit us as people, even if that meant deleting from their contract or not using a service. They were not out for themselves in any way, shape or form. They understand customer service and want the best for you. If we could have, JDK would have done every aspect of our wedding day. We can not say enough about JDK!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Kathryn · Married on 09/15/2012

One word - Amazing. JDK did both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception at Moonstone Manor. Our family and friends could not stop raving about the food and presentation all night long. David was a dream to work with - incredibly responsive, on top of his game, and full of wonderful suggestions when we weren't sure what we wanted. Our wedding weekend was beyond our wildest dreams thanks to JDK. Steph at JDK was just incredible - our night was so incredibly smooth and wonderful thanks to her and the team.

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 09/08/2012

Weddings by JDK was wonderful to work with and they truly made my rainy day outdoor wedding a reality. As a wicked thunderstorm was approaching Moonstone Manor, David Everett gracefully accommodated me and my guests to the inclement weather. David and the team from JDK worked together to move chairs just minutes before my ceremony so that me, my husband, my wedding party, and guests would not have to walk in mud. The reception was executed impeccably--the food was outstanding and the service was professional and attentive to my guests' needs. I know that without a doubt, my dream wedding would have not been possible without David Everett and the whole team at Weddings by JDK.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Laura · Married on 09/01/2012

I wish there were a higher star rating for this vendor! David Everett is a spectacular event planner! In my opinion there is none other! The attention to detail and careful planning was exceptional. Words fail to describe the service and professionalism we were met with!

Sent on 09/04/2012
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 09/01/2012

WOW! That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about the services that JDK provided. My wedding was magical, and I owe it all to the JDK staff! I have not stopped receiving comments from guests about how fabulous the food was. Each element of the meal was carefully selected and executed with precision and professionalism. The JDK staff created decor that told a story from the time guests arrived. David Everett went above and beyond his job to make sure everything single piece was to perfection for the big day. JoAnn Reisinger wove flowers throughout the venue like a painter on a canvas. The staff at JDK are not just wedding experts...they are miracle workers!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Jenna · Married on 08/11/2012

JDK group was absolutely incredible to work with. They were able to help us to create our dream wedding based on all of our needs. They were always available and addressed any specific needs/wants that we had. I can't say enough great things about them.

Sent on 08/23/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/04/2012

Weddings by JDK were absolutely phenomenal! Our wedding was certainly no easy task - not only were we on a strict budget, but we were having an outdoor wedding and like Mother Nature will sometimes do, it poured hours before our wedding! JDK was so quick to respond to the chaos of the day's events and still created our dream wedding on a moment's notice. Our personal wedding staff was Amanda, Steve and JoAnn. Their talent, creativity and organization was what made every detail of our wedding come to life. They anticipated the little things we couldn't even think of and worked tirelessly (in the rain and mud!) to make our special day so perfect and were all still smiling until the very end! Thank you JDK!!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Kathryn · Married on 08/04/2012

JDK was unbelievable. We (bride and groom) are both hospitality professionals and are a bit tough to impress when it comes to service, but JDK impressed us every step of the way! We never felt like we had a "caterer", instead we felt like we had a group of (very professional) friends managing every detail. From the bride: From the very beginning David greeted us warmly and made a personal connection with my family. He displayed a genuine passion for weddings and for his clients. Due to my perfectionist tendencies, my friends and family were astounded at how calm I was not only during the entire planning process, but also on the day of our wedding. This is largely attributed to JDK and my confidence in their abilities. On the day of our wedding, the clouds above us looked as though they would bless us with a lot of luck (aka rain) at any moment. They decided the perfect time was as soon as I made it to the outdoor altar. It started down pouring, and all I remember in that moment was David sprinting toward us with a giant umbrella and helping everyone toward the shelter of the tent. JDK was a Godsend in saving our appearances for pictures later!! Allison was our Event Lead, and we couldn't have asked for a better one! She was incredibly sweet and welcoming to our guests, and was always thinking a step ahead. I remember at one point the DJ announcing the bouquet toss and I realized I hadn't even seen the bouquet yet. Allison appeared out of nowhere and handed it to me (I'm not joking-they know their stuff!). The rest of the staff was very professional and were great sports with our family and friends. All in all, we couldn't imagine a better caterer/wedding planning company than JDK. My mother has even said that if my sister plans to marry overseas, she's flying the JDK crew over to another country to organize the event!! JDK, thank you a million times for everything, you are THE BEST!!!

Sent on 08/16/2012
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/21/2012

We don't even know where to start..2 years before our wedding we went to an Open House presented by the group at Weddings by JDK. It was there that we met David Everett and instantly knew that we would be in good hands. David worked with us on everything from finding our perfect reception venue to the entire event design, menu, florals, lighting..you name it. Everytime we left from a meeting with David we grew more and more excited for our day to come. Getting closer to our day we met Emma who became our event specialist and JoAnn their Floral Design Specialist. Both of these woman are truely skilled in their area and unbelieveably pleasant to work with. They took the time to go over every single detail to make sure they were creating exactly what we were after.

The week before our wedding day we experienced every couples nightmare..my mom became critically ill and we needed to push the date back. We called the Sunday before and without hesitation David and Emma quickly moved arrangemnts around so that we were not penalized in any way. Once we set a new date we met to regroup and get set for our new day. We can not begin to express how truely bleesed and grateful we felt to have not only their understanding but their support as well. After working with them for so long David and Emma became more like friends to us and the feeling we got from seeing their genuine concern can not be put into words Things worked out so flawlessly and we were finally able to have our day.

David and Emma promised to make our dreams come true, but they didn't..because we could have never dreamed up anything as perfect and breathtaking as what they created for us.

JDK's motto is "Flawless Execution" and we received nothing short of that on our Wedding Day!

Sent on 07/29/2012

Heather · Married on 07/21/2012

JDK is fantastic. The food, tent, tables & chairs, table setup and decor, flowers, and assistance in keeping the wedding flowing smoothly - all were just perfect. The value is absolutely there; the peace of mind with JDK is worth it.

Amanda Savory was our planner and set up everything we needed at the venue - tents, all rentals & catering needs.
    • All vendors were on time or early
    • All vendors met or exceeded our expectations
    • JDK's coordination of these as well as catering & tables was exceptional.

Steve Sanchez handled the day-of preparations & timing. Steve helped keep everything on schedule; I only had to say what I wanted, once. Even if it was three months before the wedding, JDK kept notes that stayed till the wedding day & literally nothing was missed even when I missed it myself. Both Amanda & Steve were instrumental in our day being just the best day we could have asked for.

JoAnne Reisinger provided gorgeous flowers, both for the wedding party and for the venue. She works to get the right colors, feel & style to match the wedding you have in mind. The flowers & arrangements were absolutely beautiful.

The catering and serving crew was equally wonderful. JDK employees obviously love their jobs and while they are "invisible" in the right way, they are also immediately there when needed, "as if they materialized in thin air," as one guest put it. Gwen & Katie were especially impressive and attentive - and I had so much fun with them! Everyone was thrilled with the food service & quality. It was delicious.

I'd recommend JDK's services to everyone. While there are some I didn't take advantage of, like printed material, I imagine they are as good at all their services as they are at the ones I experienced. I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Peter · Married on 07/21/2012

OK so this review is 5 years late but I can't not share how wonderful our experience was with JDK. My wife and I got married in 2012 and we were blown away with the services that JDK offered. We worked with David and Emma but my opinion is that we would have been in good hands with anyone we met with during their open house. Every one of our requests and needs were met, and our expectations were exceeded. And that was before we had to change our wedding date to a month later due to a family medical emergency! I picked up the phone, called Emma and David, shared what was happening, and within hours, everything was taken care of. Beyond what we could have expected and so thankful we picked JDK to be there and be part of this momentous occasion.

July 2017 makes 5 years of blissful marriage and to celebrate, I wanted to surprise my wife with a mini recreation of our reception. Nothing massive like 5 years ago, much smaller and intimate, but still the same result. I reached out to Emma and David via email, and again, within hours, we were planning away. I knew my expectations should be high considering what they've done in the past for us but somehow they were exceeded AGAIN! They preach "flawless execution" and they deliver on that statement!

I never write reviews, rate products etc, but I feel compelled to share the experiences we've had working with this fantastic company. You really need not go anywhere else to plan your wedding after you connect with JDK and please consider this the highest recommendation and seek them out if for nothing else, they offer a service to put your mind at ease the week prior to the big day. You can't go wrong.

Sent on 07/26/2017