Weddings by JDK Reviews

Weddings by JDK 4
Weddings by JDK 5
Weddings by JDK 6
Weddings by JDK 7

We loved working with JDK to plan our wedding weekend at Linwood Estate. We had the chance to work with David Everett who was extremely professional, fun and detail oriented. He didn't overwhelm us with too many options and was very helpful with guiding us through the entire process and making sure we had everything organized in a timely manner.

We were wedding #4 at Linwood Estate (a GORGEOUS venue in Carlisle, PA) , so were a bit nervous about how everything would flow given that it's a new venue. But everything went beautifully! The JDK team has worked on so many weddings so they know what to expect and how to avoid any problems. They think about every detail ahead of time so they won't bug you on the actual wedding day.

The food at the wedding was absolutely delicious. We gave all our guests both chicken and steak with veggies and salad. Everything was cooked perfectly!

It was a pleasure working with you, David and the rest of the JDK team!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Patrecia · Married on 09/13/2014

We used JDK for our daughter's wedding and it was AMAZING!!! Our event planner was Emma Troutman and she is a true professional with a focus on her customer. She captured our concept and provided great recommendations. Emma has great organizational skills and even on a rainy wedding day we were relaxed knowing Emma had it covered and she did! We used JDK for all our flowers; the church, the bridal party and the reception, all were wonderful - kudos to Bill. We received many compliments on the outstanding food, as well as the very polite team of servers. Sam worked with us during the evening to organize the sparkler send off and every little need for the bride and groom and did not miss a beat. JDK delivered on every aspect of the event and our guests were very impressed. We have beautiful memories to cherish -- Thank You the JDK team.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Laura · Married on 09/06/2014

We couldn't have been happier with everything that Weddings by JDK did for our special day.
    We planned to have an outdoor ceremony at our residence and three days before moved to an indoor venue because of the rain forecasted for that evening. You would have never known we didn't plan it that way. It was absolutely gorgeous! The food was delicious, the flowers were amazing, and the staff was so professional and took care of our guests in every way possible.
    We loved working with you David and Molly!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Rebekah · Married on 08/16/2014

Kevin Braasch of JDK was the most professional, organized, and helpful event planner. Their florist, Bill, was just the same. This company saw what I wanted as soon as I said it and had just what was needed to make it happen. They take care of everything and spell it out clear as day for you so there is no confusion. I didn't have to worry about anything while working with them and my wedding day was perfect. I felt important and appreciated. It is well worth every penny.

Sent on 08/18/2014
  • Anh McClarren

Anh · Married on 08/16/2014

JDK group had excellent service. We worked with the Event Planner, Emma Troutman and she was amazing to work with. Our set up looked beautiful at the reception. The staff was very professional, nice and accommodating to our guests. We kept hearing great things from our guests how well they were being served. Overall I would recommend JDK for the catering and event planning to everyone!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Hilary · Married on 06/07/2014

Our wedding was this past Saturday and people cannot stop talking about how beautiful everything was! We have received so many compliments on the food, flowers, and decor. My husband and I worked with David and JoAnn. They are the kindest, most attentive people. They always responded to e-mails and kept in touch with us about what was going on. We also had multiple meetings with them to ensure that everything was planned as it should be. The servers on the day of the event were also attentive and made sure we always had drinks, hors d'oeuvres, or anything we needed. JDK truly gave us our dream wedding.

We were able to tell David and JoAnn what we liked, and they made everything more beautiful than we could've imagined. They really helped to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Kate · Married on 06/01/2014

I worked with David and JDK Group for a recent wedding in Mifflinburg, PA at One Barn Farm, and I must say the service, from corresponding through wedding planning, to the week and day of the wedding, David and his team truly blew myself and my team away. I am a wedding planner based in NYC and of course we hold our events to an extremely high standard with the constant pressure to make each event even more perfect than the last. Well I had 0 stress when working with David and what was delivered on the wedding day was well beyond the perfection that I already expect. In addition, the clients and guests, who were all also from NY with very high expectations, were just as overwhelmed with the impeccable and professional service provided. Catering can truly make or break an event. I will forever highly recommend JDK Group to all of my clients near and far because they will exceed every expectation, are knowledgable, professional and overall genuine people to work with!

Sent on 07/27/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/31/2014

Amazing food and service!! Absolutely amazing!! We are still getting compliments on it! Worth every penny and I would do it all over again if I could! David is by far the best wedding producer I've ever come across. They helped make our wedding day a fairy tale!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Weddings by JDK was the perfect choice for our wedding a few weeks ago. From the start we heard great things about them but were absolutely BLOWN away in our first meeting with David Everett. It is so much more than just a catering company. They are your partner every step of the way when it comes to every little detail. Our meetings with David we obviously covered the food menu…which was amazing, the appetizers (firecracker chicken roll, highly recommend) the dinner we chose, everything was on point and perfect. My mouth is watering thinking back to it. We also covered the entire event timeline of things, which helped us plan my entire wedding…without that…it would not have been as easy for us. They have the process figured out and figured out perfectly. They were incredibly flexible with our out of town schedule as well, always making the appointments work around our schedule.

On the day of to give you a personal experience, we are running around, guest arriving, nerves starting etc etc… David shows up…all the nerves were gone IMMEDIATELY. What is funny is my husband and I at the end of the night, recapping the night, we both said that exact same thing to one another. He made sure the ceremony went perfectly, making sure the groomsmen and bridesmaids were where they needed to be. He coordinated all of that making sure timing was perfect between pairs, everything. He was there with my husband and I during dinner making sure we had everything we needed. I can't say enough other than this….if you use Wedding by JDK- you are going to be amazed at the level of service and the attention to detail. You will not be stressed and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/13/2014

NICOLE · Married on 05/03/2014

JDK is top notch when it comes to handling your special occasion! Our 5/3/14 wedding, at Moonstone Manor, was handled by event producer David Everett. I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about this man! We met with David 5 times to review every detail of our wedding. It was clear from the first meeting that he is passionate about his work. David has a way of discovering who you are as a couple and translating that into your wedding day. My husband and I looked forward to these meetings, it wasn't just informative but fun and lots of laughs...it seems as if you are working with a friend you've known your whole life.
    JDK also provided the flowers for my wedding, they were gorgeous! Working with JoAnn was a pleasure. JoAnn attended some of the meetings that we had with David which made it so great to have 2 vendor meetings at one time! JoAnn and David completely captured the vision that my husband and I were going for.
    David Everett goes above and beyond. He is creative and has tons of ideas on how to make your wedding dreams possible. When I wanted to do a slightly non traditional processional down the aisle, David helped me make it happen. He went as far as to attend my rehearsal and work with the bridal party so that everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. He was there giving cues at the actual ceremony. When it started to rain, he was there silently and discretely handing out umbrellas to the guests and bridal party. He even held 2 umbrellas over our heads while walking my husband and I over to the tree planting table. David even surprised me with a glass of Swedish Fish...my very favorite...during dinner. Unmatched professionalism and thoughtful, special touches. The food was delicious and beautifully displayed. The hors d'oeuvres were wonderful. Nothing but the highest compliments from our guests.
    Look no further, you have found the best! Thank you David Everett and JDK for making our dreams come true!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Go with these guys!!! They are the ultimate go-to in terms of catering, tables, chairs, linens, and wedding planning in general. I could write a novel about the amazing experience I had with them. Although they fall under "catering" and not quite "wedding planner," they really are the whole story from start to finish, and they are awesome. My husband and I worked with Emma dating back to a year or so before our wedding. What made it tricky for us is that we live in California, but planned our wedding in Pennsylvania. Emma made me feel extremely important every time we spoke. She knew exactly what was going on the whole time and did not miss a single detail.

We went for a backyard rustic theme to our wedding, and the day was exactly how I imagined it. Emma would go over every detail with us to be very clear. We wanted our signature drinks to be in mason jars, and they were. Every goofy little thing that we wanted was done with professionalism, care and enthusiasm. Not to mention the food was amazing, and the service was first rate. Our guests actually told us that when they asked for something, the staff would almost be running to get it for them. I honestly do not have one negative thing to say.

Bottom line is, these guys rock. Any theme you have mildly imagined, they will do their absolute best to make it a dream come true for you.

Sent on 05/01/2014

We were thrilled with the service that JDK provided. We worked closely with David Everett who was patient, enthusiastic, attentive, and professional. He saw our vision and helped us make it come to life. He is a perfectionist and that's what you want for something like this. He is also creative and artistic with a keen eye for details. Any ideas we had, he would add to it and step it up another notch. After our big day was over, David even sent us home with a goody bag of champagne, leftovers, and bottle waters - how thoughtful!

We were really happy working with David. He was the reason that we chose JDK. We would recommend David and JDK to anyone interested in a caterer who thinks outside the box, is unique and innovative, and wants actually good tasting catered food!

Tip 1: The initial quote we received was over our budget but David worked with us, taking out unnecessary items and changing our menu to lower the costs. If the initial price is too high, don't be alarm. There are ways to make it work.

Tip 2: What we didn't realize was that JDK also provided rentals - furniture, tables, chairs, linens, glassware, etc. - and handles a lot of the decor. JDK helped to decorate the dessert table with candles, wooden crates, and other knick-knacks free of charge. I gave David spools of ribbon and his team went to town with it decorating a bare part of our venue that was pleasing to the eye.

Tip 3: We didn't know that changing the time of the event changes the total price. When creating the timeline, changing the start time by 30 min can mean a $150 difference so be sure to make any changes before the quote is in place. Also, squeezing 10 people to a table that seats 8 means renting a bigger table altogether and bigger table means more money. Be sure to communicate everything thoroughly. When they say any changes to the contract costs money, they mean it! So try your best to be sure that the first initial write-up is what you want.

Sent on 06/11/2014

Christine · Married on 03/01/2014

The Flowers done by JDK for the wedding and reception were outstanding. JoAnn Reisinger at JDK is a top-notch flourist. She made the vision become a reality. Even weeks after the event, guests are still saying how BEAUTIFUL the flower arrangements were. I highly recommend JDK and their flourist, JoAnn for your wedding event. She works with the bride and comes up with alternatives that are great to stay within ones budget. She actually did so many little touches, at the event, because she wanted it to be the BEST ---- she is fantastic! Very professional and personable. Felt a real connection!

Sent on 03/21/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/26/2013

JDK was a great caterer/event planner from the very beginning to the final details on the big day. Working with David Everett was a pleasure - he always listened to my concerns, gave me great advice, and found ways to make the finer details shine. We have heard horror stories of couples not getting to eat any of the food they just spent so much on...but JDK made sure to give us a personal staff member to bring us hors'dourves, drinks, and even a bag full of food from the reception at the end of the night (we ate it for dinner the next day while we reminisced). Our guests have not stopped raving about how much they loved the food - I even heard the words "BEST wedding food ever", get thrown around :) Thank you to David and everyone at Weddings by JDK!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Susan · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I cannot thank The JDK Group enough for helping us create the truly perfect day for us! They really took the time to get to know us both to understand and interpret our vision, then let their talent create our dream wedding! We enjoyed working one on one with David Everett whom has always made us a priority. On the day of our wedding, Jay and I were amazed by JDK's exceptionally trained waitstaff! Anna was by our side in the cold October wind during our cocktail hour photography shoot. She greeted us between every chilly picture pose with a warm smile and hors d'oeuvres readily available on her serving tray for us. All of the waitstaff were SO pleasant, demonstrated a high level of professionalism and attentive to not only our needs but also the needs of our guests throughout the entire night. The food was AMAZING -truly FIVE stars! Presentation was a work of art and we continue to receive compliments from our guests, stating "This was the best wedding they had ever been to" (in terms of food and total visual presentation). The JDK Group has made our day unforgettable and exceeded every expectation Jay & I ever had. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Nina · Married on 10/19/2013

JDK, led by their exceptional event planner, David Everett, will make it all about you. You vision will be perfected and your event will be executed flawlessly and with a flair and attention to detail one would normally only expect to find in a major city. These professionaly make the enitre process fun and you do not have to stress over whether things will be done correctly.

Sent on 10/24/2013

I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT DAVID AND HIS WOUNDERFUL TEAM. JOANNE, EMMA AND DAVID WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO CREATE A WOUNDERFUL WEDDING DAY. NOT ONLY WERE THEY OUR CATERER BUT PROVIDED FLOWERS AND IN MANY WAYS FELT LIKE OUR WEDDING PLANNER TOO. ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING JDK WAS ATTENTIVE TO OUR EVERY NEED. I WILL MISS THEM ALL!!!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Where do we start?! David, Emma, JoAnn, Ryan, and the rest of the staff at Weddings by JDK were absolutely lovely and wonderful to work with, and they made our special day truly amazing and stress free! From the very beginning they got to know us as a couple and helped us in every way to develop our wedding vision into the perfect day. Their attention to detail is impeccable; the quality of the food, flowers, and services is top-notch; and everyone that we worked with was kind, attentive, accommodating, and outgoing! We will recommend Weddings by JDK to anyone who is planning a wedding (or other event); they are the best at what they do!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Maura · Married on 10/05/2013

OMG the food was incredible but that was not all of it. Our "lead caterer" was incredible but she was more like our event planner/coordinator. She helped me throughout the whole process, and I can honestly say that it was a challenge. She made it seem simple and never made me feel like I was a burden. I can't thank her enough and her whole team!!!!!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Jane · Married on 09/28/2013

Our wedding was September 28, 2013 at Moonstone Manor. JDK was our event planner, caterer, and florist. I highly recommend JDK without any reservations. They were beyond professional, extremely organized, and overall fantastic to work with. Our event planner was David Everett. I cannot shower enough praise on David. He was such a pleasure to work with. As the bride, I felt no stress and no nerves throughout the entire planning process. During our meetings with David, he really paid attention to our needs and vision and made them happen. Our wedding reception was just as magical and romantic as I hoped it would be.
    JoAnn Reisinger was our floral designer. Just as David did, she looked at the pictures we brought in and closely listened to our ideas to make them a reality. We wanted to limit our floral budget, and she was able to work within our budget and make the floral design of our wedding fit perfectly in to our theme. David and JoAnn both were accommodating to our schedules, as we live out of town and could only travel to the area for meetings on long weekends or holidays. We were able to schedule these meetings in advance and they were always available when we were able to be in town. In addition, both are extremely responsive to calls and emails.
    The food that we served at the wedding was a huge hit with all of our guests. Three months later, people still tell me how much they enjoyed the food and how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding or other event!!
    For any couples who are considering hiring JDK either for catering, event planning, or florals, I would highly highly recommend their services. As I told David on our wedding day, I wish we could get married again so that we could work with JDK again.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Meaghan · Married on 09/21/2013

JDK made my wedding the best it could possibly be. Since day one I felt so comfortable and at ease with having such a professional staff working with me. David was more than happy to work with me and my now husband even with a difficult schedule. My husband was deployed for 7 months and David and his staff did all they could to help with all the planning. I appreciate that so much! Also what they did on the wedding day was above and beyond. Thunderstorms made me incredibly anxious but I was reassured and informed of every step as to a new plan. Even a thunderstorm couldn't ruin it! I highly recommend JDK to anyone who wants a beautiful wedding no matter what..

Sent on 09/29/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/21/2013

Super awesome! My guests were blown away!

Sent on 12/30/2013
  • Rina

Rina · Married on 09/14/2013

Organic Romantic Whimsical Wedding by the Schuylkill River
    First, can I just say, WOW! Posts on Facebook include words like euphoric, transcendent and dreamy. What you accomplished was truly amazing, every single guest complimented every aspect of the wedding, all night of the wedding, the day after, and even today…the food was perfect, delicious, every morsel, each presentation, the décor, details, the staff, beyond great…it should read: Weddings by JDK & Emma!!! I am so happy my daughter and I chose Weddings by JDK for her wedding. Not one single regret.
    I luckily came across WBJDK on the Internet! We met David and Emma shortly after, and discussed what my daughter wanted and her vision, and it was smooth sailing from there! The ceremony was at the groom's family home where WBJDK provided refreshments (sun tea and cucumber mint water) and the reception was located at the Jim Dietrich Farmhouse for cocktail hour where we had butlered Hors d'oeuvres, appetizer stations uniquely appointed within the theme inside and outside the farmhouse itself, JDK decorated the mantels and one of them included pictures of loved ones recently passed, dinner in a pole tent with amber par can lights, gorgeous flowers including succulents, moss, wood, stone and votives, and dancing "under the stars" outside the tent, along side the river with bistro lighting up above. It was amazing! The bride wanted vintage seating areas on the lawn and on the porch and they were set up so cool! It was relaxing, fun, and memorable.Emma, you are professional, courtesy, a great listener, patient (LOL), kind and strong to boot (you were moving vintage furniture into the farmhouse pretty darn quick on Friday!).
    You nailed it!
    WBJDK - Thank you for helping make my daughter’s wedding unforgettable!
    Rina MOB (sniffle…last time signing that for a while!)

Sent on 09/17/2013

Donna · Married on 09/14/2013

On the eve of our daughter's wedding, we knew w/o a doubt that JDK had all the details covered and that any new issues would be handled quickly and professionally.We had been expertly guided by David through the planning phase where he was supportive, creative, and reassuring. On the wedding day, the entire team greatly contributed to the joyous atmosphere.
    Their kindness and efficiency made every guest feel pampered. David or Mara were always available and invaluable in guiding our large wedding party down the isle. They worked seamlessly with the manor owners and other vendors. The food was delectable and flowers, by JoAnn, amazing! Special requests, allergies, children-no problem. We're grateful for the wonderful memories and hope to work with them again.

Sent on 09/21/2013
  • F

Fran · Married on 09/01/2013

Perfect! Everything was wonderful. David Everett is amazing. Great food, chilled salads, Hot dinners, beautiful flowers. Service was above and beyond what I expected, also a special thanks to Shawn. All our guests were so impressed.
    Thank you JDK.