Weddings by JDK Reviews

231 | Camp Hill, PA

231 Reviews for Weddings by JDK

Kathleen · Married on 10/10/2020

Our outdoor wedding event this past weekend, 10.10.2020 was fabulous. An outdoor wedding fully accommodated by Weddings by JDK. Molly, Senior Wedding & Event Producer was extremely professional, organized and clearly she is focused on customer satisfaction. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Jenna · Married on 08/21/2020

A dream come true

We had to find a new caterer when we changed our big wedding to a small “micro” wedding due to COVID-19. We were nervous about all the changes but JDK came highly recommended by our planner. From the moment we met Molly on their team we had such an incredible feeling about everything. JDK worked so wonderfully with all our other vendors and frankly went above and beyond the role of just a catering company. They accommodated all of our requests and needs without hesitation from day 1. They truly care and take great pride in their work. Our families could not and still cannot stop talking about how incredible the food was at our “micro wedding”. And my vegetarian meal was incredible. We can’t be more grateful for JDK helping us have the most absolutely breathtaking and unforgettable night.

Sent on 09/02/2020

Hilary C. · Married on 07/25/2020

The Best of the Best

My husband and I got married on July 25th, 2020 at Allenberry Resort. Trying to plan a wedding amidst a pandemic is stressful to say the least, but our coordinator Molly and the rest of the JDK group could not have been easier to work with. Molly kept us in the loop with any new developments and changes, and did everything they could to make sure we had the perfect day. Not only was it extremely hot that day, but it poured a couple of hours before our ceremony. Right when it finished raining JDK was out there drying off chairs and provided water to our guests before the stsrt of the ceremony. We had barely finished walking up the aisle after saying our vows and JDK was standing there waiting to hand us our drink of choice. The whole night could not have been run more smoothly. Guests were seamlessly moved from the ceremony space to cocktail hour to the reception space.
    Even an unexpected last minute change didn't perturb Molly, and she quickly handled our request. Everything was decorated beautifully and the food was superb. It is definitely not your typical wedding food! We still have people telling us what a great time they had at our wedding. My husband and I truly felt so spoiled by both JDK and Allenberry. Everyone did everything they could to still make sure that we had the perfect day amidst a pandemic. We could not have been more pleased with our day!

Sent on 10/07/2020

Lori · Married on 05/01/2020

JDK was one of the best decisions we made when planning my daughter's wedding. From the moment we met with David Everett we felt like he had wonderful ideas and he was going to be extremely helpful in organizing the special day. Once we hired JDK, I never questioned our decision again. From the tasting, to the planning, to the "styling" the day of - David and his team had everything under control. Sam was a gem to work with the day of the wedding - he was on top of everything, stayed organized and had such a wonderful demeanor. One of the best parts of hiring JDK, the price never changed from the original pp quote. No matter what we asked for, what "extra" things they needed to do, i.e.; fill 90 mini vases with water for escort card table, repurpose ceremony flower arrangements into the reception room and style them in several different areas, etc., the price never changed. You have to love that when many other caterers would start nickel and diming you! This team is so professional, so buttoned up, so AMAZING! Thank you JDK for an awesome wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2016
  • Shannon

Shannon N. · Married on 02/22/2020

Wedding of my dreams

My husband and I married on 2/22/20 at The Bond. We had our catering through JDK and the food was AMAZING, the best wedding food I have ever had. That comment has also been repeated by our guests.

We had our floral done through JDK by Colton as well, and again beautiful. Every space in the venue was touched with magic and was beautiful.

Our venue coordinator changed last minute due to staffing changes which was incredibly stressful. However, our new coordinator Molly came with her boss Abby and Colton the very next day and new our wedding plans better than we did all a week before our wedding. The entire night went flawlessly.

There are details that were thought of by JDK that could not have come across my Pinterest crazy controlling bride brain! I had a staff member Juliana following me around with food and drinks during cocktail hour and pictures. She made me feel like a princess. Also, every single staff member at our venue spoke to me. Anytime a staff member passed by my husband and I they would say something encouraging or offer help. While my family was busy partying the big boss was helping me bustle my dress; and she was happy to do it.

The Bond itself is a blank industrial chic canvas and should be considered highly for any bride and groom to get married in. It is easy with the bridal suits, cocktail area, ceremony spot, and reception space. One stop shop with JDK.

10/10 recommend

Sent on 02/24/2020

Megan C. · Married on 02/10/2020

Must have for your wedding day

JDK Catering was more than I could have imagined. The food was delicious. We had so many guests come up to me and say when they go to weddings, they expect subpar food, and they were shocked at the quality of food with JDK. Due to Covid, our contact person switched in the middle of planning and Emmalee was able to jump in and pick up right where the previous staff member had let off. She kept me updated with Covid related protocols and made Covid not affect our day! The staff was professional and amazing! The bartenders were friendly and quick! Susan is a must have for your wedding. She was in charge of making sure my groom and I had drinks all throughout the night and she also made sure we ate throughout the night. She had two drinks waiting for us as we left the aisle and she never let us down the whole night! I cannot recommend JDK enough!

Sent on 10/06/2020

Ashley F. · Married on 10/04/2019

Delicious Food

We really appreciated that JDK worked with us for a customized menu. The food stations were a hit at our wedding!! We wanted food that was nontraditional for our wedding food (mini burgers, tacos, pasta stations). They delivered beyond our expectations!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Ash

Ashley · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing service all around

We used JDK for our catering, florals, and event design. Everyone that we worked with was overly accommodating and helped to create everything that we could have ever imagined for our wedding day. Emma made every change and addition asked of her by myself and my parents, down to the very last minute before the wedding. The food was outstanding and some of our guests even mentioned "life changing." Colton truly listened to each and every detail that we wanted and created a design that was rustic yet elegant, warm and cozy yet classic. There is nothing I would have changed about what they brought to my wedding. And I could not thank them enough for all of their hard work!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Judy · Married on 08/11/2019

Wedding 8/10/19 - Definitely Recommend!

JDK was amazing! In planning for our wedding, we knew people remembered the food they ate (for better or worse) at a wedding and we wanted to prioritize that. We couldn't have asked for better! The food was delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests. From the food to the staff, everything was flawless! They were very accommodating with two tastings beforehand until we got what we wanted. The quality of the food did not disappoint. The appetizers were flying off of the trays and the combo steak/fish plated dinner was perfect. They made sure we had drinks in our hand throughout the evening and even kept our food warm (bride and groom) while we were taking pictures. They left us a "take-out" bag with two of everything including our appetizers/dinner and cake for us for the next day!!! We worked mostly with Megan and she made it very easy to move forward and make our wedding a hit! They were awesome and we would definitely use JDK again in the future for another event!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 06/21/2019

JDK did an amazing job with our 175 person wedding!

We hired JDK after our previous caterer went bankrupt and left us high and dry. We were hesitant to trust another caterer, but JDK alleviated our fears almost immediately! They did everything they could to accommodate our needs and make up for all that we had been through. Through the entire planning process Lexi and her staff were extremely thorough and flexible, they changed the menu numerous times as our preferences changed and we figured out exactly what we wanted. Lexi constantly offered suggestions and solutions to meet our needs and also make sure everything would logistically work the day of the wedding. We were very relieved and excited to be working with JDK before the tasting, but after the tasting we were over the moon! Their food is DELICIOUS, UNIQUE, AND APPEALING! The day of the wedding the food was just as good, even though they were serving 175 people! The service was excellent and the staff was attentive to our every need!! Our guests raved about how good the food was and how many unique varieties there were! I had asked JDK to serve dinner during speeches so that we could hurry things along to have plenty of time to dance, and I was shocked at how quiet and professional they were able to get the dinner out to our guests. We couldn’t be happier that we chose JDK to cater our wedding and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them through the entire process!!!

Sent on 08/28/2019

Kimberly · Married on 06/01/2019

Best day ever!

JDK was pleasant and easy to work with from the start. They were all incredibly organized and took care of all my many questions and concerns. We worked primarily with Lexi, and she was the greatest! She listened to everything we had to say and ensured that our big day would run smoothly. Lexi and Mary were on site for the big day and they followed through on everything. Decorations were executed flawlessly; everyone knew what was going on and where to be and both my family members and wedding party were taken well care of in addition to us! The setup and cleanup were a huge selling point for us booking JDK, and they did not disappoint. The food was amazing, and guests RAVED about delicious everything was. We couldn’t have pictured our big day going any better, and that is thanks to all those from JDK working as hard as they did!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 12/29/2018

Wonderful team- wonderful experience!

JDK was absolutely amazing to work with- I would 100% recommend them for your wedding or event! Molly and their entire team were always responsive, friendly, easy to work with and captured my vision for the day perfectly. I can truly say everything went exactly as I had asked/ planned because of the hard work from the JDK team!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Stefanie · Married on 12/22/2018

Absolutely incredible work!

Colton and his team at JDK exceeded every one of our floral and design expectations for our December wedding. If we had to identify a single best decision in the wedding planning process, it was hiring JDK. From our very first meeting, it was obvious not only that Colton knows his stuff and is passionate about his work, but more importantly that he truly cared about understanding and achieving our vision. We had a very general idea of what we wanted -- an intimate, candle-lit, evening Christmas wedding -- and Colton listened carefully to our ideas, asked questions to pull out opinions and preferences that we wouldn't have thought to offer, and worked with us to generate a proposal within our budget. The end result was incredible. The winter-inspired bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces were stunning. The custom arbor for the ceremony brought tears to my eyes. And when my husband and I first entered the pavilion at our venue for our own private sneak peek of the reception space, our breath was taken away. The team even added finishing touches that we didn't know we needed (delicate string lighting to enhance the centerpieces and the bouquets on the head table, for example), which pulled all of the elements together. We kept saying that the night was like a dream, and our guests have raved that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever attended. I cannot thank Colton and JDK enough for making our wedding day so perfect. And I can't wait to plan another event with this team. Hire JDK -- you will not regret it!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Abigail Y. · Married on 11/23/2018

November Wedding at Historic Ashland

We used JDK for catering and decorations and will never be able to fully express how incredible they are! Molly and Colton were so enthusiastic, organized, encouraging, and knowledgeable throughout the entire process. Not only did they perfectly execute everything we wanted, they added beautiful touches that we didn't know we needed! We were blown away by how thoughtful and flexible they were every step of the way. So many of our guests commented on how perfect our wedding was, and to be honest, it would have never been that way without their expertise! It can be so hard to relinquish some control over such an important day, but we never once worried. They are the epitome if professionals, and we highly recommend their services to any other bride and groom!
    The Philipp Family

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • kim

Kim · Married on 11/03/2018

Fantastic!

I was blown away by how great the food was. We kept getting compliments on how delicious everything was, from the hors d’oeuvres to the main course and the cocktails were blended so well! The beef was by far the best option on the menu. The braised beef on mini potatoes and the cordon bleu bites were practically heaven. Overall we were thrilled to have them. The staff was beyond professional and worked well together in making our special day go off without any issues.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Taylor C. · Married on 11/03/2018

Helped make our day perfect!

I can't say enough great things about JDK! We worked with David and Molly to plan the catering for our wedding. The communication was great from the beginning. All of my questions and concerns were addressed in a very timely manner so I was never left stressing about the details. They took care of so much more than just the food. We were really blown away at how much planning and extras were put into our day. The staff that was at the wedding was also fantastic. We received so many compliments on the great service and excellent food. JDK really thought of every detail to go with the "vision" of our day and it was perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Laura A. · Married on 10/27/2018

JDK equals perfection

JDK was amazing to work with from the start. The team truly cares and listens to your vision and helps you achieve it every step of the way! This definitely decreased my wedding planning stress levels. My husband and I had JDK coordinate and cater our reception as well as provide our floral decor and personal flowers. So many guest shared that it was one of the best receptions/ meals they have ever had! Our day would not have been what it was without them!

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Lena

Lena S. · Married on 10/21/2018

One stop shop for all your wedding needs!

My husband and I went with JDK for catering as well as flowers. They really were a one-stop shop! It made planning our wedding so much easier, especially since we did not hire a planner and did everything on our own. We worked with Emma and Lexi for food and drinks. They really helped with the planning process! They were prompt to answer any questions we had and did annual phone calls to check up on us which was very helpful. The food was delicious. Our guests loved our unique menu and I still dream about our food from that day. JDK went above and beyond (Lexi even ran out to pick up razors for my husband the morning of) and I could not rave about them enough!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Carolyn

Carolyn A. · Married on 10/13/2018

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BEST! Molly and Colton! Dream Team! We planned a wedding at a newish venue at the King Mansion on Front Street in Harrisburg. Molly (from JDK) and Michelle (from the Historic King Mansion) were sooo helpful. We met Molly on a chilly day in March and married on a stunning day in Oct '18. Then menu options are really fun and most importantly the food was soooo good! I'm a chef at at private club and have done over 30 weddings myself so I had high expectations. Our tasting was in July at their Camp Hill location. The hors douvres were great as well as our surf and turf. The chef was open to adjusting our vegetable and was friendly to work with. They were also happy to note important allergies and special requests for my mother. They also do kids food that was attractive and adorable!!! During our tasting, we also discussed linens, chairs, bar set up ect. I really, really enjoyed working with them, they really do take care of so many details!
    Flowers!! We also met with Colton from JDK while we were there. He is so great. We had trouble nailing down our color scheme and was he was so pleasant and helpful. My bouquet was stunning!! He made beautiful flower crowns for our flower girls as well as corsages for the moms and our nieces and boutonnières for our dads and nephews. When we arrived at the mansion, he had everything neatly packaged and carefully labeled to avoid any confusion. He is a true professional.
    They also provide you with a list of suggested vendors. We used the list to secure Mixed up Productions for our DJ and Couture Cakery for our cake. We chose a different photographer and we are thrilled. Jenna Brianne is great!
    We are forever grateful to Molly, Colton and the team at JDK catering!!!!! They are the BEST!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle H. · Married on 10/11/2018

Hearts are Overflowing!

Our hearts are still overflowing with gratitude for the entire JDK team! We have struggled for months to try and find the words to properly display how grateful we are and the incredible work they did to make our wedding more than we could ever dream of. Months later, and our family and friends are still exclaiming how it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to - from the design and details to the delectable food and service, everything completely exceeded every expectation!

This magic created was not just reserved to the day itself. The entire process of working closely with their team was a stress-free dream. Being in the event industry myself, I thought I had an inkling of certain things to expect that I could take care of, but I was wrong. Getting to work closely with Molly was the greatest blessing I could hope for. She took so much pressure and stress off my plate by guiding me through every detail and coordinating how all of the moving parts of our celebration were going to coincide. We threw in a little challenge by having our ceremony and intimate dinner with just family in one location and then a vibrant dancing reception afterwards at a house we rented on Air BnB. We wanted to have different styled menus in each location that would relate to the guests that would be attending those different functions. Molly helped walk us through different options and provided guidance on what might go over well in those different locations based on the vibe we were going for. We were so appreciative of these suggestions and they all went over very well with our guests!

The service was welcoming and top notch. All of the staff were so welcoming, professional and personable with our family and friends. Despite the wind and cold temperatures that day, we never saw a smile leave their faces! We even had a special team of servers follow us with food and beverages during photos after the ceremony - that meant even following us into the depths of the Caverns we got married at where we were taking photos. Several guests commented on how helpful and kind all of the servers, chefs, and bartenders were. And we have to make sure to provide a huge shout out to their hard working rental team and the endurance of everyone on setup! Our ceremony was setup outside the entrance into a cavern and to get there you had to trek down 71 steps - that meant that their rental and setup team had to trek up and down these 71 steps many times to setup and breakdown this area. Again, despite this additional physical challenge we faced them with, smiles continued on everyone’s faces!

And the food! Numerous guests have asked for recipes of multiple items on our menu - I swear the roasted cauliflower soup is going to go down in history as a top favorite with our family based on how many comments we heard about how delightful it was! We cannot remember how many times we heard, “This is some of the best food we’ve ever had!”
    We have a feeling these comments will continue for years to come! We are eternally grateful to the entire JDK team for their constant support through the planning journey and making our wedding day one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 11/10/2019

Alison · Married on 10/06/2018

I hired JDK for catering and florals and couldn't be happier with both. Emma was so helpful during the planning process in getting me organized, and on the day of the crew helped me set everything up, which was the only way we got it all ready in time. Everything was set up beautifully, and my guests were all raving about the food! I've been to so many weddings where the food was subpar, but the food from JDK was a huge hit! And Colton did an amazing job with the flowers - I absolutely loved them! I never wanted to put my bouquet down - I even took it to my after party! I didn't have any specific requests for the flowers, so I just gave Colton my color scheme and some inspiration photos that I liked, and he created something completely magical. Couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Christina · Married on 10/05/2018

WBJDK is the best there is!

It was truly a pleasure to work with David and Molly from WBJDK from the start and they helped to make everything about our wedding day absolutely perfect. I appreciate all of their advice and suggestions they provided me with throughout all of the planning. They really take the time to get to know you as individuals and also as a couple to help you really envision your dream day. I still remember sitting down with David the first time and he asked me some random questions about my style/home decor, etc. I knew from the start that he is the best at what he does and I had no doubts about working with him to make all of our wedding dreams come true. There really are not enough thank you's for us to truly show our gratitude for all that WBJDK have done. We have gotten so many compliments about our food and hors d' oeuvres at our wedding with so many people telling us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. We could not have asked for anything more and we will never forget that aspect of our big day. Individuals who work at WBJDK are all hard working, dedicated, and personable, which makes working with them a pleasure - they are the BEST!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

I deeply wish that I could give a million plus stars for JDK and team! They were truly remarkable beyond words! I have been working overseas and my mom was the one to find a caterer for my wedding in the area where my fiance lived- about 2.5 hours from my mom's house and in an area that she had no idea about. She was only successful because of David and team's willingness, communication and complete professional yet personal nature. My fiance and I were planning a 9am brunch wedding in the middle of a field and JDK caught the vision and grew excitement with each conversation to make our wedding beyond what I could even dream! Starting at the initial communication point and all the planning, changes, challenges- nothing became too much for the team. David was a true joy to communicate with and work alongside. I am so grateful for how he made us feel so personally cared for throughout the whole planning process. David came out to our venue to talk over things and help envision and prepare for our wedding day- he went through every detail and it was amazing! We had the tasting and it also blew us away! The setup and the food were so good and the chef worked with us to make the food what we wanted! We also appreciated how David worked with his staff as a team and he seemed to really respect them and work well together.
    Then when it came to the final implementation, it was beyond perfect- I could have burst, it was so so lovely! The staff was so kind and helpful and professional. The wedding guests commented to me about how they found the catering staff to be so helpful and kind. My wedding would not have been what it was without the hard work and support of JDK team. There was nono stress on me, my family or wedding party because David's team was on time, organized and professional. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and I recommend them to everyone who needs to reliable, flexible, communicative, organized, kind, dream enabling wedding caterer.

Sent on 09/05/2018

April · Married on 08/04/2018

While it’s hard to put into words how completely satisfied we were with JDK for our daughter’s wedding, and in particular David Everett but I will try. From the moment David and I spoke on the phone, without even meeting, I knew he was the one. David is a visionary, a perfectionist and truly the best of the best. He became not only our caterer, but helped guide us at every turns and was available every time we needed him. He cared about our wedding as if it was his own daughter’s. The night before the wedding, we had a serious family medical emergency withy father and having David facilitate the wedding day, allowed me to not stress or worry but most importantly, focus on the most important thing of the day, my daughter. I knew he would be sure everything was exactly how it should be and not only am I and my husband beyond happy with his services ((along with his amazing, hard working staff ) but I feel I made a forever friend. He was there every step of the way on what will forever be one of the most special days of our lives. And oh yes the food... simply amazing. If you are looking for an elegant, fine dining experience for your family & friends, this is the caterer for you. The minute the speaches & prayer was made, the salad were served. The filet and salmon were amazing, everyone raved over the extensive hor’dorves during cocktail hour and all this was created under a tent for over 200 people at the beautiful Moonstone Manor. Thank you David & JDK for a night we will never forget!
    Jack & April Trego

Sent on 08/27/2018

Meaghan · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for the wedding that David's and team at JDK produced for me and my husband. It was by far the best day of our lives. My wedding vision was completely manifested into reality and in large part thanks to the dedication JDK showed towards us. David was so responsive, understanding, and genuinely excited to be a part of our day. It makes a world of a difference when you have vendors that you actually enjoy being around and working with and we had such a fun relationship with him and his team. As soon as our guests arrived to the reception venue, our guests were greeted by JDK servers with our signature cocktail and appetizers so guests didn't have to worry about finding the bar or food station. As soon as my husband and I and the whole bridal party arrived to the cocktail hour, we were instantly fed and handed drinks. Waited on hand and foot! David personally made sure I ate throughout the night. The food was incredible. The service was so professional. They hold themselves to a very high level of quality and it showed time and again. Thank you David and JDK team!!!

Sent on 09/18/2018