Weddings by JDK Reviews

Weddings by JDK 5
Weddings by JDK 6
Weddings by JDK 7

Lori · Getting married on 05/01/2020

JDK was one of the best decisions we made when planning my daughter's wedding. From the moment we met with David Everett we felt like he had wonderful ideas and he was going to be extremely helpful in organizing the special day. Once we hired JDK, I never questioned our decision again. From the tasting, to the planning, to the "styling" the day of - David and his team had everything under control. Sam was a gem to work with the day of the wedding - he was on top of everything, stayed organized and had such a wonderful demeanor. One of the best parts of hiring JDK, the price never changed from the original pp quote. No matter what we asked for, what "extra" things they needed to do, i.e.; fill 90 mini vases with water for escort card table, repurpose ceremony flower arrangements into the reception room and style them in several different areas, etc., the price never changed. You have to love that when many other caterers would start nickel and diming you! This team is so professional, so buttoned up, so AMAZING! Thank you JDK for an awesome wedding!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Kimberly · Married on 06/01/2019

Best day ever!

JDK was pleasant and easy to work with from the start. They were all incredibly organized and took care of all my many questions and concerns. We worked primarily with Lexi, and she was the greatest! She listened to everything we had to say and ensured that our big day would run smoothly. Lexi and Mary were on site for the big day and they followed through on everything. Decorations were executed flawlessly; everyone knew what was going on and where to be and both my family members and wedding party were taken well care of in addition to us! The setup and cleanup were a huge selling point for us booking JDK, and they did not disappoint. The food was amazing, and guests RAVED about delicious everything was. We couldn’t have pictured our big day going any better, and that is thanks to all those from JDK working as hard as they did!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 12/29/2018

Wonderful team- wonderful experience!

JDK was absolutely amazing to work with- I would 100% recommend them for your wedding or event! Molly and their entire team were always responsive, friendly, easy to work with and captured my vision for the day perfectly. I can truly say everything went exactly as I had asked/ planned because of the hard work from the JDK team!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Stefanie · Married on 12/22/2018

Absolutely incredible work!

Colton and his team at JDK exceeded every one of our floral and design expectations for our December wedding. If we had to identify a single best decision in the wedding planning process, it was hiring JDK. From our very first meeting, it was obvious not only that Colton knows his stuff and is passionate about his work, but more importantly that he truly cared about understanding and achieving our vision. We had a very general idea of what we wanted -- an intimate, candle-lit, evening Christmas wedding -- and Colton listened carefully to our ideas, asked questions to pull out opinions and preferences that we wouldn't have thought to offer, and worked with us to generate a proposal within our budget. The end result was incredible. The winter-inspired bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces were stunning. The custom arbor for the ceremony brought tears to my eyes. And when my husband and I first entered the pavilion at our venue for our own private sneak peek of the reception space, our breath was taken away. The team even added finishing touches that we didn't know we needed (delicate string lighting to enhance the centerpieces and the bouquets on the head table, for example), which pulled all of the elements together. We kept saying that the night was like a dream, and our guests have raved that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever attended. I cannot thank Colton and JDK enough for making our wedding day so perfect. And I can't wait to plan another event with this team. Hire JDK -- you will not regret it!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Abigail Yearsley · Married on 11/23/2018

November Wedding at Historic Ashland

We used JDK for catering and decorations and will never be able to fully express how incredible they are! Molly and Colton were so enthusiastic, organized, encouraging, and knowledgeable throughout the entire process. Not only did they perfectly execute everything we wanted, they added beautiful touches that we didn't know we needed! We were blown away by how thoughtful and flexible they were every step of the way. So many of our guests commented on how perfect our wedding was, and to be honest, it would have never been that way without their expertise! It can be so hard to relinquish some control over such an important day, but we never once worried. They are the epitome if professionals, and we highly recommend their services to any other bride and groom!
    The Philipp Family

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • kim

kim · Married on 11/03/2018

Fantastic!

I was blown away by how great the food was. We kept getting compliments on how delicious everything was, from the hors d’oeuvres to the main course and the cocktails were blended so well! The beef was by far the best option on the menu. The braised beef on mini potatoes and the cordon bleu bites were practically heaven. Overall we were thrilled to have them. The staff was beyond professional and worked well together in making our special day go off without any issues.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Taylor Caterbone · Married on 11/03/2018

Helped make our day perfect!

I can't say enough great things about JDK! We worked with David and Molly to plan the catering for our wedding. The communication was great from the beginning. All of my questions and concerns were addressed in a very timely manner so I was never left stressing about the details. They took care of so much more than just the food. We were really blown away at how much planning and extras were put into our day. The staff that was at the wedding was also fantastic. We received so many compliments on the great service and excellent food. JDK really thought of every detail to go with the "vision" of our day and it was perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Laura Andrie · Married on 10/27/2018

JDK equals perfection

JDK was amazing to work with from the start. The team truly cares and listens to your vision and helps you achieve it every step of the way! This definitely decreased my wedding planning stress levels. My husband and I had JDK coordinate and cater our reception as well as provide our floral decor and personal flowers. So many guest shared that it was one of the best receptions/ meals they have ever had! Our day would not have been what it was without them!

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Lena

Lena Sia · Married on 10/21/2018

One stop shop for all your wedding needs!

My husband and I went with JDK for catering as well as flowers. They really were a one-stop shop! It made planning our wedding so much easier, especially since we did not hire a planner and did everything on our own. We worked with Emma and Lexi for food and drinks. They really helped with the planning process! They were prompt to answer any questions we had and did annual phone calls to check up on us which was very helpful. The food was delicious. Our guests loved our unique menu and I still dream about our food from that day. JDK went above and beyond (Lexi even ran out to pick up razors for my husband the morning of) and I could not rave about them enough!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Carolyn

Carolyn Abel · Married on 10/13/2018

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE BEST! Molly and Colton! Dream Team! We planned a wedding at a newish venue at the King Mansion on Front Street in Harrisburg. Molly (from JDK) and Michelle (from the Historic King Mansion) were sooo helpful. We met Molly on a chilly day in March and married on a stunning day in Oct '18. Then menu options are really fun and most importantly the food was soooo good! I'm a chef at at private club and have done over 30 weddings myself so I had high expectations. Our tasting was in July at their Camp Hill location. The hors douvres were great as well as our surf and turf. The chef was open to adjusting our vegetable and was friendly to work with. They were also happy to note important allergies and special requests for my mother. They also do kids food that was attractive and adorable!!! During our tasting, we also discussed linens, chairs, bar set up ect. I really, really enjoyed working with them, they really do take care of so many details!
    Flowers!! We also met with Colton from JDK while we were there. He is so great. We had trouble nailing down our color scheme and was he was so pleasant and helpful. My bouquet was stunning!! He made beautiful flower crowns for our flower girls as well as corsages for the moms and our nieces and boutonnières for our dads and nephews. When we arrived at the mansion, he had everything neatly packaged and carefully labeled to avoid any confusion. He is a true professional.
    They also provide you with a list of suggested vendors. We used the list to secure Mixed up Productions for our DJ and Couture Cakery for our cake. We chose a different photographer and we are thrilled. Jenna Brianne is great!
    We are forever grateful to Molly, Colton and the team at JDK catering!!!!! They are the BEST!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Alison · Married on 10/06/2018

I hired JDK for catering and florals and couldn't be happier with both. Emma was so helpful during the planning process in getting me organized, and on the day of the crew helped me set everything up, which was the only way we got it all ready in time. Everything was set up beautifully, and my guests were all raving about the food! I've been to so many weddings where the food was subpar, but the food from JDK was a huge hit! And Colton did an amazing job with the flowers - I absolutely loved them! I never wanted to put my bouquet down - I even took it to my after party! I didn't have any specific requests for the flowers, so I just gave Colton my color scheme and some inspiration photos that I liked, and he created something completely magical. Couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Christina · Married on 10/05/2018

WBJDK is the best there is!

It was truly a pleasure to work with David and Molly from WBJDK from the start and they helped to make everything about our wedding day absolutely perfect. I appreciate all of their advice and suggestions they provided me with throughout all of the planning. They really take the time to get to know you as individuals and also as a couple to help you really envision your dream day. I still remember sitting down with David the first time and he asked me some random questions about my style/home decor, etc. I knew from the start that he is the best at what he does and I had no doubts about working with him to make all of our wedding dreams come true. There really are not enough thank you's for us to truly show our gratitude for all that WBJDK have done. We have gotten so many compliments about our food and hors d' oeuvres at our wedding with so many people telling us it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. We could not have asked for anything more and we will never forget that aspect of our big day. Individuals who work at WBJDK are all hard working, dedicated, and personable, which makes working with them a pleasure - they are the BEST!

Sent on 10/25/2018

lauren · Married on 08/25/2018

I deeply wish that I could give a million plus stars for JDK and team! They were truly remarkable beyond words! I have been working overseas and my mom was the one to find a caterer for my wedding in the area where my fiance lived- about 2.5 hours from my mom's house and in an area that she had no idea about. She was only successful because of David and team's willingness, communication and complete professional yet personal nature. My fiance and I were planning a 9am brunch wedding in the middle of a field and JDK caught the vision and grew excitement with each conversation to make our wedding beyond what I could even dream! Starting at the initial communication point and all the planning, changes, challenges- nothing became too much for the team. David was a true joy to communicate with and work alongside. I am so grateful for how he made us feel so personally cared for throughout the whole planning process. David came out to our venue to talk over things and help envision and prepare for our wedding day- he went through every detail and it was amazing! We had the tasting and it also blew us away! The setup and the food were so good and the chef worked with us to make the food what we wanted! We also appreciated how David worked with his staff as a team and he seemed to really respect them and work well together.
    Then when it came to the final implementation, it was beyond perfect- I could have burst, it was so so lovely! The staff was so kind and helpful and professional. The wedding guests commented to me about how they found the catering staff to be so helpful and kind. My wedding would not have been what it was without the hard work and support of JDK team. There was nono stress on me, my family or wedding party because David's team was on time, organized and professional. I would hire them again in a heartbeat and I recommend them to everyone who needs to reliable, flexible, communicative, organized, kind, dream enabling wedding caterer.

Sent on 09/05/2018

April · Married on 08/04/2018

While it’s hard to put into words how completely satisfied we were with JDK for our daughter’s wedding, and in particular David Everett but I will try. From the moment David and I spoke on the phone, without even meeting, I knew he was the one. David is a visionary, a perfectionist and truly the best of the best. He became not only our caterer, but helped guide us at every turns and was available every time we needed him. He cared about our wedding as if it was his own daughter’s. The night before the wedding, we had a serious family medical emergency withy father and having David facilitate the wedding day, allowed me to not stress or worry but most importantly, focus on the most important thing of the day, my daughter. I knew he would be sure everything was exactly how it should be and not only am I and my husband beyond happy with his services ((along with his amazing, hard working staff ) but I feel I made a forever friend. He was there every step of the way on what will forever be one of the most special days of our lives. And oh yes the food... simply amazing. If you are looking for an elegant, fine dining experience for your family & friends, this is the caterer for you. The minute the speaches & prayer was made, the salad were served. The filet and salmon were amazing, everyone raved over the extensive hor’dorves during cocktail hour and all this was created under a tent for over 200 people at the beautiful Moonstone Manor. Thank you David & JDK for a night we will never forget!
    Jack & April Trego

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Weddings by JDK 8
    Weddings by JDK 9
    Weddings by JDK 10

Meaghan · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have for the wedding that David's and team at JDK produced for me and my husband. It was by far the best day of our lives. My wedding vision was completely manifested into reality and in large part thanks to the dedication JDK showed towards us. David was so responsive, understanding, and genuinely excited to be a part of our day. It makes a world of a difference when you have vendors that you actually enjoy being around and working with and we had such a fun relationship with him and his team. As soon as our guests arrived to the reception venue, our guests were greeted by JDK servers with our signature cocktail and appetizers so guests didn't have to worry about finding the bar or food station. As soon as my husband and I and the whole bridal party arrived to the cocktail hour, we were instantly fed and handed drinks. Waited on hand and foot! David personally made sure I ate throughout the night. The food was incredible. The service was so professional. They hold themselves to a very high level of quality and it showed time and again. Thank you David and JDK team!!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Melody · Married on 06/28/2018

Booking JDK as our caterer for our wedding was the best decision we could have made! We sampled a few caterers in the region who all served high quality food, but made the decision to go with JDK because of the polished quality they bring to their events. They do not simply cater delicious food, but also contribute to the overall feel of your wedding according to your vision. We hardly had to bring any decor ourselves because they were able to provide all candles and other decor items that perfectly fit our vision. Even our geometric centerpieces came from JDK! The finesse of the decor (so many small touches) and professionalism of the staff are unparalleled. The hor d’oeuvres and entrees were all simply delicious and we received so many compliments about the food. It was not your mediocre surf and turf but high quality and TASTY food. Our signature cocktail Peachberry Mojito was a hit too!

We worked with Emma and Sarah, who were very organized, helpful and communicative.

We also highly recommend booking your florals through JDK. While it is a separate contract, the departments worked seamlessly together and there were many extra flowers thrown in here and there. Erika (florist) was immediately able to grasp our floral vision after just one meeting and was upfront about cost with us. Our bouquets and the floral decor at the church and reception looked magical, and all within our budget!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Jennie · Married on 06/23/2018

We used JDK for the catering at our wedding and were absolutely blown away. David and Molly were so easy to work with and went above and beyond our expectations! The food was absolutely delicious and our guests are still commenting on how much they enjoyed their meals, it was by far the best food we have ever had at a wedding. David was on site to make sure my husband and I ate before getting up to talk with our guests, we absolutely loved his attention to detail! Would 100% recommend JDK for any of your catering needs!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Celeste · Married on 06/10/2018

Our daughter completed an internship with JDK while in college, and although we did explore several area event planners & caterers, there was NO way we would choose anyone except JDK. Living in Williamsburg, VA with our daughter's wedding in Elizabethtown, PA, as parents of the bride, a priority for us was the ability to rely on JDK to work with us long distance. They were outstanding working with us long distance in planning this major life event. We were blessed to work with David Everett, Senior Event & Wedding Producer. This man not only knows his business, but also is true to his word and has an incredible calming presence. I had heard that JDK was very expensive, but I intensely disagree with that statement, When you explore other companies, you will find that every plate, tablecloth, bartender, waiter & even the event clean up fee is an extra charge. All is included in a wedding with JDK under one price per person. I encourage you to check this out, add up all the fees from other vendors and you will agree that JDK is the best choice for a major event. Plus, you get the highest quality for your wedding day that includes the food and service from the staff. Our daughter's wedding theme was "Enchantment in Literature in a Garden Theme," & JDK worked with our daughter to create the vision she envisioned. I look forward to another opportunity to work with this wonderful group.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Nicci · Married on 05/05/2018

We hired Kelsey for Food/Decor and Erika for the Floral designs. AMAZING WORK! Our guests said the food was DEELISH and "didn't taste like wedding food", hah. They were so easy to communicate with and they were on top of every moment of the wedding. Erika's flowers were beautiful. Truly a great team to work with.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Callie · Married on 03/03/2018

Weddings by JDK is an absolutely wonderful company to work with! I worked with David Everett and Molly Unangst for food, decor and rentals. I worked with Erika Heeds for my florals (and also decor). All the work they did completely exceeded my expectations! My wedding was like a dream all thanks to them :) My husband and I chose my parent's house as the venue for our ceremony and reception so, needless to say, JDK had never produced and executed a wedding there before but WOW! Everything was flawless :)

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone at JDK for a beautiful wedding.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Kate · Married on 10/29/2017

JDK is the caterer that Linwood Estate works with and we could not be happier with the services they provided to us on our wedding day, Oct 29, 2017. My husband and I believe that JDK offers the best wedding menu we have ever had! We were invited to a lovely tasting event about eight months before our wedding, where we got to have a drink, taste selected hors d’oeuvres, and dinner selections. Everything we had was absolutely delicious and the chef was there to talk about other options. We selected the braised short ribs and fried chicken for our main course. One of the best things about JDK’s meals is that they provide two meat selections for everyone. It is a lot of food, but it is amazing for guests to be able to have some of everything. Another great thing about JDK is they allow you to provide your own alcohol and my husband and I also did signature drinks, which was really fun! When you are able to provide your own alcohol, you can be more creative with options and also save a lot of money! The servers and bartenders at our wedding were energetic, friendly, and efficient!

Erika Hegedus is the florist who works for JDK. She reached out to me about eight months before our wedding and met with my husband and I at the JDK tasting event. She asked about our ideas, colors, and what type of vision we wanted for our big day. She even asked to see my Pinterest page and asked a lot of questions to see what type of flowers and décor we wanted. She was considerate of our budget and offered other suggestions that we did not initially think of, which I loved! I feel like Erika truly went above and beyond for our wedding day. When I arrived to the venue and saw my wedding bouquet, I got goosebumps! The flowers were out of my dreams. It rained heavily on our wedding day Oct 29, 2017, so the wedding we originally had planned outdoors had to be moved into the Linwood Estate Appalachian Ballroom. Erika totally blew me away with everything she did for us!! She is so talented!!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Weddings by JDK 11
    Weddings by JDK 12
    Weddings by JDK 13
    Weddings by JDK 14
    Weddings by JDK 15
    Weddings by JDK 16

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

Weddings by JDK did both the catering and flowers for our wedding at the Bond in York, PA.

Erika and her flower team went above and beyond with their decorations and beautiful flowers. I was blown away with how wonderful the centerpieces and head table decorations turned out as well as all of the small touches of decorations throughout the venue. Our bouquets were well made and held together great throughout the entire day. Erika was a pleasure to work with and took our scattered ideas and pulled together one beautiful cohesive look that we just loved.

Our wedding guests can not rave enough about how wonderful the catering and food was for the reception. After our tasting we asked the chef if he would modify his menu to serve steak and scallops to our guests, which was not an original pairing option. I am so glad we made this choice because the meal turned out absolutely delicious. All of our guests loved the pairing and the food was cooked just right. Thank you for all of your services at JDK, you truly made our wedding day just perfect!

Sent on 11/21/2017
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/07/2017

JDK did both florals and catering for our wedding.
    Florals: Erika did an absolutely amazing job making our wedding come to life!! When I first met with her, I knew very little about what I wanted in terms of florals. She asked a lot of questions to get a solid picture of what I was envisioning for the wedding as a whole, and went to work from there. The proposal she created was spot on! From there, a few things changed as the months passed, and she was always available by email if I ever had questions or concerns. When our day finally came and she arrived on site, the first thing she did was bring my bouquet up to the bridal suite. It was the most stunning bouquet I had ever seen! It was everything I had ever wanted. And from there it just kept getting better. She created a custom crystal and flower curtain to hang as our backdrop during the ceremony, crafted amazing centerpieces for our reception space, executed and amazing sweetheart tablescape, and just sprinkled a little perfection wherever she could! I could not have asked for better. It was absolutely stunning! Thank you Erika and team!!

Catering: JDK catered both our rehearsal and wedding dinners. Both meals were absolutely outstanding, and totally different! Their versatility and execution is unmatched. Our rehearsal was a more casual picnic style, with several made-to-order stations and desserts. The Buttermilk Fried Chicken is a MUST! Our wedding dinner was a bit more formal, but our guests loved the dual entree option. The passed hors d'oeuvres were also phenomenal. The staff was exceptional - very friendly and helpful. The girl assigned to us made sure to always have our drinks and food within arm's reach, no matter where we were or who we were talking to. JDK helped make our wedding a truly phenomenal experience, both for us and our guests. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Katelyn · Married on 09/30/2017

Working with Emma and Sarah from the JDK Group was a God sent for my September 2017 wedding! They made the wedding planning process easy. The food was fantastic! The wait staff were attentive. Emma and Sarah showed us that our day came first and they made sure it was perfect! If I were to do it all over again, I was use JDK Group!

Sent on 10/08/2017

sarah · Married on 09/29/2017

JDK is truly amazing and exceptional to work with!! We worked with David and Molly and I cannot say enough great things about them! They produced and executed our event perfectly and our guests are still raving about how much they loved the design, the food, and the exceptional service (and I have a feeling they will continue to talk about it for years to come). We mainly worked with David through the planning process and he is exceptional. He always responds to emails in a timely manner and lays everything out perfectly so that I was never a stressed bride. He took many of my ideas to the next level and always knew what I was looking for when I didn't even have the words to describe it. I would have been lost without him. I would highly recommend JDK for all of your wedding planning, catering, bar-tending, and even floral needs. They do it ALL flawlessly!! Wish we could use them again and again!! Thank you JDK for executing the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 10/15/2017