Weddings by Hanel Reviews

Weddings by Hanel 6
Weddings by Hanel 7
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/21/2018

Best Phtographer You Will Find Anywhere!

This is a long review but it is because I wholly believe that Hanel is the best photogapher in NYC! If you want to love your wedding photos, hire him ASAP! He is for sure the best photographer that you will ever have the opportunity to hire. I was exhaustive in my search to find a NYC photographer whose work was elegant and sophisticated. There are SO MANY photographers out there, but so few with any actual talent and understanding of lighting, posing people, attention to environment and ambiance, etc. I know that sounds harsh, but just take a look around your Facebook or any wedding website and it seems like everyone with a decent camera thinks they are worthy of a National Geographic cover. If you are going to splurge anywhere, SPLURGE ON A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER! And save yourself the regret and book Hanel right now. He will be professional, he will be calm, he knows how to pose everyone (no random, rushed grouping of people, no awkward poses), he has excellent ideas that will execute flawlessly and his work is STUNNING. Literal perfection. He truly understands lighting and has actual vision and taste! I really hit the jackpot with Hanel and I will never stop singing his praises. Even my wedding guests kept coming up to me during the day to tell me how impressive of a photographer he was. I’ve been to so many weddings where the photographer was mediocre at best and it showed when the wedding photos came in. My wedding photos look like a staged shoot and it’s all because of Hanel!!! I cried when I got my album because he truly captured everyone in their best light. My photos effectively tell a story from start to finish. No tacky poses, no ugly angles, no horrible coloring or cheap purchased filter packages. Hanel is the real deal. Book him before Vogue or Harper’s Bazaar snatches up all of his time!

Weddings by Hanel 8
    Weddings by Hanel 9
    Weddings by Hanel 10
    Weddings by Hanel 11
    Weddings by Hanel 12
    Weddings by Hanel 13
    Weddings by Hanel 14

Blanche · Married on 06/30/2018

When you are deciding between which photographer to choose, you should feel very confident in choosing Hanel. He was amazing, creative, communicative, and an artist!!!

Eunice · Married on 05/31/2018

Amazing. Artistic and savvy! He was the absolute best! I had Hanel photograph our 10th year anniversary shoot and he was beyond amazing! We usually feel so awkward taking pictures, but Hanels personality really made us feel free spirited and comfortable! It totally was evident in the pictures. Even my husband who hates taking photos said “that was so worth it and I’m glad we took these pictures.” Hanels expertise in taking artistic pictures allows him to capture moments/scenes naturally. I totally loved him and will definitely use him again or any other important events. I’ve been raving to my friends about his talents and professionalize!

Elena · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot thank Hanel enough for the stunning photos of our wedding day! Before the event, he took time to meet us and get to know exactly what we wanted.

During the wedding Hanel and his team were punctual, professional, and even helped us wrangle family and friends for photos! Hanel’s and his team’s professionalism actually added order to our other vendors as well, making our day run a little smoother. Hanel captured not only great posed stills, but also amazing candids. Our parents hugging each other after the ceremony was a personal favorite. The photos have a photojournalistic feel and the quality is outstanding. They captured the joy, emotion and excitement of the day without feeling at all generic.

After the wedding, Hanel delivered both the preview album and all the photos ahead of schedule. Our biggest challenge has been picking our favorites to share with family and friends, because we love them all!

Sarah · Married on 02/27/2018

Hanel's portfolio blew me away from the beginning. From the first emails and phone conversation I knew he was our photographer! He is quick to respond, so kind, and so, so helpful! My now husband and I eloped in New York city and us being from Michigan were lost on where to start. Hanel suggested some great places for the pictures and was kind enough to offer up some great restaurants to try. I highly suggest him! You won't be disappointed!

Weddings by Hanel 15

Rachel · Married on 01/28/2018

Before we met Hanel, we had made arrangements with a different photographers and lost our deposit from other photographer. However, when we met Hanel he was the complete opposite of our previous experiences. He is the best photographer! Hanel's service for our wedding was absolutely phenomenal. He has a keen eye for photography and his talent and passion truly shows in the photos that he took for our wedding and engagement session. His professionalism is unrivaled as is his skill for photography. He is not only dedicated but patient and kind and goes above and beyond in ensuring that we were perfectly happy with the quality of the photos and the locations where the photos were taken. With all the things that we needed to worry about for the wedding, photography was not one of them because we knew that we could count on Hanel. The final USB that we received was a beautifully engraved crystal USB with our names on it. It was very elegantly wrapped and contained several thoughtful cards for us and our family. We definitely recommend getting him as your photographer as we have recommended to all of our friends with upcoming weddings.

Joanne · Married on 09/02/2017

Destination Aruba Wedding

I used to do photography and I only wanted a photographer who was better than me for the job. He knows how to work with lighting and mine was outdoors with fireworks so even with limited control, the photos came out great! He did my engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, post-wedding brunch, and trash the dress. You're in good hands if you have your wedding indoors or a destination wedding. I chose to hire a local photographer for a destination wedding for his work and so I can trust someone that communicated with me every step on the way. He addressed any concerns I had and made me feel calm.

Jenny · Married on 08/14/2017

We knew Hanel was the one for our outdoor wedding when we reviewed his portfolio. The way he captured the moment, used natural light was beyond what we wanted. I’m also a very particular bride but he knew exactly what we wanted and shared his professional and very thoughtful suggestions. He and his crew were amazing to work with, we had 2 day shoot – first day with our family and wedding day. Not just us, but our whole family felt so comfortable around Hanel and his crew. They were like family! We received so many compliments on our prewedding and wedding photos- how you can feel the movement and love in our photos – our pictures tell story! We recommend Hanel to anybody who is looking for a photographer who will capture the story and love of your special day. We look forward to working with Hanel again :)

Katarzyna · Married on 06/12/2017

Hanel is a great guy, really friendly and has very good approach to people. The pictures he is taking are delicate, sensual and beautiful! I absolutely love his work :)

Beanca · Married on 04/11/2017

After looking tirelessly for our wedding photographer we finally found what we were looking for at Wedding by Hanel. He was absolutely brilliant from start to finish. Professional, efficient, friendly and, most importantly, took the most fabulous photographs of our wedding, in challenging cold weather and he is also very patient on handling situations despite the fun and crazy times we had in our reception, he still managed to capture great memories. Everyone loved him!! I highly recommend him, I swear No regrets and just fun filled love and happiness on your wedding day! Til next time Hanel, wedding anniversary this time around! :)

Weddings by Hanel 16
    Weddings by Hanel 17

Connie · Married on 01/07/2017

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding day was choosing Hanel as our photographer. Amidst the wedding planning chaos, Hanel was incredibly patient and considerate, not to mention, an extremely talented and experienced photographer. As a very particular and nitpicky bride, I was thrilled with the work he delivered; he has an incredible eye for beautiful shots and with a portfolio ranging from editorial work, portraiture, and wedding and engagement photography, he is one of the most versatile photographers on the market. He was able to understand the aesthetic and style I wanted, even when I was unable to voice it properly, and is a photographer who wasn’t afraid of taking risks or braving the extreme cold with us for the most beautiful shots! His work left us floored, and we’ve received so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos, about how uniquely beautiful they were, and I can’t emphasize enough how important that is for us post-wedding day! Our engagement photos were so beautiful that I had gallery-size canvasses of them hanging up on our wedding day for our guests to admire, and now they hang in our bedroom where we enjoy them every single day. We are looking forward to having him capture other special moments of our lives in the future!

Glory · Married on 08/08/2015

Hanel is extremely professional and talented and we were extremely happy in working with him for our engagement/wedding photos. The photos came out exactly how I wanted, he captured every special moment and also edited the photos to our liking. He always kept in contact with me, throughout the whole engagement/wedding day. He is very easy to work with, has a great personality and what we got for the value exceeded our expectations.

• User4588455 · event on: 03/09/2014

Hanel is a great person to work with. He is one of the few photographers that I have ever met that truly put his clients first. Being in North Carolina, Hanel had worked with me over the phone to plan my perfect proposal in NYC. Being from the south, I had no idea where things were or great places to propose. Thanks to Hanel, he has helped me plan the whole thing, giving me the chance to give my fiancé a proposal she would never forget. When we received our engagement photos from Hanel, we were so pleased with the results. His passion for photography as well as pleasing his clients can easily be recognized by the stunning photos. I feel as if I am reliving the moments over and over again every time I look at them. It was a pleasure working with him and we are most definitely having him as our wedding photographer. We happily recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great, easy to work with, and very dedicated photographer.

Jinhee · Married on 10/18/2014

Weddings by Hanel simply is the best photographer for weddings. We did two shoots with him, one pre wedding shots and during the ceremony/reception. He knows what to expect, works with you and anticipates all event scenarios to take the best shots. He prepares by walking through details before the shoot and works with his clients to better understand what they are looking for...but I suggest that you take his recommendations for shot types as knows what he's doing...I only wish he also did video recordings too!

Sue-Yenn · Married on 09/06/2014

---------
    Hanel did nothing but a fantastic job. He even took the time to get together with us a couple times before the wedding to get to know us personally and what we envision.

On the wedding day, he was very friendly with guests. In conjunction to that, he knew how to direct everyone in front of the camera without being too bossy (we had a bunch of portraits and a group photo of all the guests taken). It rained halfway through the reception but it didn't stop Hanel from creating a beautiful portrait of Sam and I underneath an umbrella in the midst of the thunderstorm.

After the wedding, Hanel was quick to send us edited copies. He even went out of his way to upload the photos for me on dropbox because I was out of town.

It's been almost 8 months and whenever I meet friends and family who have attended the wedding, they still talk about how beautiful the pictures turn out and how professional, friendly, and awesome Hanel was during the wedding day.
    Thank you for making our special day memorable. We love the photos!!
    --------

• HPark

Hemmy · Married on 06/30/2014

Hanel took both our engagement shots and wedding photos! We were so impressed with his drive to get us really amazing, genuine photos of us. Even though we are very unnatural at being models (especially the hubby) you couldn't tell from the photos! Many friends commented that they were the best photos they've seen, with a genuine sweetness in them. Thanks, Hanel!!! You're the best!

Weddings by Hanel 18

Hannah · Married on 08/05/2018

Hanel is a professional with great eye for detail and amazing ability to capture magic as it unfolds. When we first met Hanel for engagement photos, what struck us most was his unassuming nature and easygoing personality. He is very good at giving directions on positioning but also flexible on the shots and details we wanted captured. Since we are dog lovers, we had him capture snapshots with random dogs that happened to be near us during the photoshoot. For the wedding, we had two dogs walk down the aisle and he captured that moment effortlessly. His presentation is immaculate. Everyone including my family members noticed his professionalism, generosity, and artistry. He also has fast turnaround on final photos. We highly recommend him for any occasion.

Massiel · event on: 12/17/2011

Hanel did my anniversary photo shoot in TImes Square, NYC. He was awesome! He worked well with the surroundings and really captured our relationship through his photos. They came out looking amazing. Very happy with the service.