Weddings by Hanel Reviews

45 Reviews for Weddings by Hanel

• Serenity

Serenity · Married on 02/10/2021

Excellent and professional videographers

Hanel and his team were professional, experienced, and great to work with. We used their videography services for our wedding in October 2019 and are very pleased with the results. Adam, our videographer for the day, went above and beyond to capture footage from multiple angles. Hanel put together a lovely highlight reel that really captured the joy of the day. Throughout the process, Hanel was easy to get in touch with, made sure everything was discussed in advance so the actual day went smoothly, and followed up at appropriate times. We got a package that included full footage from both the ceremony and the reception, and we are looking forward to revisiting our wedding day for many years to come! I would highly recommend Weddings by Hanel for your wedding videography (and photography) needs!

Sent on 02/21/2020
  • Raymond

Raymond F. · Married on 02/10/2021

A true professional and artist

Hanel is a true artist and professional. From the moment we met him, he exhibited a meticulous attention to detail and understanding of the flow of weddings. He put us at ease with the thoughtful questions he asked, things that we would have never thought of or expected, and he continued to communicate to maintain our confidence in having chosen him. When it came to the day of the wedding, he was punctual, prepared and mindful of time. He was very proficient in posing us, getting his shots quickly, and made creative use of our surroundings. He did a great job capturing the moments we shared, the details we had put thought into, the mandatory group photos, and the fun that was had. As a semi-pro photographer, I hold photos to a high artistic and technical standard and Hanel delivered on all fronts! His work was worth every penny and I couldn't recommend him enough!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Nancy · Married on 02/01/2021

Wedding Zoom

Hanel was amazing! Our guests from afar all felt as if they were in the room. Excellent job!!

Sent on 01/04/2021

Alicia G. · Married on 11/14/2020

Literally the best

Hanel was my favorite wedding vendor for a couple of reasons. First, his actual work is incredible, the photos from both our engagement session and wedding are breathtaking. When an idea for great framing strikes him, he will literally run across the street or parking lot (or wherever) to get the shot and it always turns out amazing and well thought out.

Second, he is extremely gracious and easy to work with. We went into 2020 thinking we would have one wedding of ~150 people. Through scaling back to 20 people due to COVID, and rescheduling the larger reception event for 2021, then later cancelling the 2021 event, Hanel was extremely fair and flexible when it came to adjusting plans and contracts as necessary. Highly, highly, highly recommend working with him.

Sent on 02/05/2021

Stuart W. · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing! Highly highly recommend

We can't recommend Hanel highly enough.

He is detail-oriented, super competent, and incredibly thoughtful. He communicated clearly and quickly throughout the process and on the day itself he was punctual, took care of everything without adding any stress at all, and quickly delivered us a totally memorable video.

Our guests who attended via Zoom started emailing us immediately to say how great it was on their end!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Eleanor

Eleanor G. · Married on 10/07/2020

This is your guy!

Hanel was a God send!
    First off we had a last minute 2 month planned Covid mini wedding after we made the decision to cancel our massive one.
    Know I am extremely picky with photography as we both used to own a film production company. I was drawn to Hanels eye when I saw his portfolio. Know he did not disappoint.
    If you're looking for a pinterest worthy picture, without looking cheesy with a cinematic edge Hanel is your guy.
    Not only did he do our photos, but he also did our Zoom for the many guests who couldn't be there that was put on a Massive 75 inch TV for us to see.
    I'm British, so none of my family could be there, he made this so unbelievably seamless and special. Everyone raved how professional it was.
    He is very approachable & great at directing pictures in a non invasive way. When I was younger I modeled for a living and know I have met so many annoying photographers and Hanel is literally a dream. He also worked with our budget seems we had a microwedding. Highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/02/2020

Jérémie P. · Married on 09/27/2020

Excellent choice to live stream the ceremony

Having Hanel at our wedding was the best decision ever. It is so important these days to be able to share these moments with our families and friends via online streaming, and leaving these tech aspects to a professional alleviates a lot of stress. Since we were on a budget, we chose the cheapest option which was one camera for one hour of actual filming. Hanel arrived well in advance to have time to properly set up his material. He uses microphones, an HD camera and his own internet hotspot to live stream the video. Hanel proposed a variety of streaming platforms and we chose Youtube Live that is very easy to use for the virtual guests. The video was great and all our 200 virtual guests were super happy. We received a lot of compliments. Thanks Hanel!!!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn L. · Married on 08/21/2020

Stop looking and book him! Highly recommend!

We couldn't be happier about our entire experience with Hanel! On the day that we booked him, we actually had a meeting with another photographer later in the day. After meeting with Hanel, we cancelled on the other photographer because we didn't want to waste his time when we knew we were choosing Hanel! He is so friendly and truly cares about his clients. He wasn't quick to talk to us about packages, pricing, etc. but genuinely wanted to hear about our story and what we were looking for. We booked him (photo/video) for our big wedding (August 2020), but because of COVID, we moved our big wedding to next year. However, we still got married this year (June 2020 - 15 people total including my husband and I), so I asked Hanel if he would be willing to shoot our small wedding as well. He was more than willing and we are SO HAPPY with our pictures. Honestly, it seemed like a friend was taking pictures of us. We were so comfortable and he made great use of our surroundings. I highly recommend Hanel for any event!!! Affordable and awesome!

Sent on 08/11/2020

Elisjana K. · Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible!

Hanel tells the story of the best days of our lives through his compelling and candid photography. He captured the essence of our love with beautiful images from our engagement and wedding. Hanel creates depth and gravity through detail, ensuring that even the small things are perfect. He adds a personal touch through strategic lighting, flattering poses, and chin angles. Hanel made us feel comfortable during awkward moments when we couldn’t figure out what to do with our hands or how to pose. During our wedding, he kept an eye out for all of our guests by talking to the group and letting them know what he wanted them to do. He evokes emotion through his style and creative eye. In addition to his amazing talent, his humble personality sets him apart from the crowd.

Sent on 09/09/2020

Stephanie S. · Married on 08/01/2020

Professional and Kind Service

My husband and I are so grateful to Hanel and his team for coordinating the live streaming for our wedding last month. He and teammate, Hyunsu, were incredibly professional and kind throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. Our family and friends were so grateful for the ability to be there virtually, and the footage came out great! We would highly recommend. It was some of the best money we spent on our wedding day! Thank you!

Thank you for being willing to work with us during such strange times. Besides recommending you to our friends,

Sent on 09/13/2020
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/22/2019

Unparalleled Wedding Photographer

I without question would recommend Weddings by Hanel to every Bride & Groom. Hanel was an absolute pleasure to work with from the moment we met him- He is extremely professional while still being warm and kind in a way that sets you at ease and makes you excited and comfortable in the present moment. Hanel will capture your wedding in ways that you would never imagine. Hanel’s photography literally creates your wedding into a work of art and we are so thankful we chose him to capture our special day. Choosing Hanel to do our wedding photography was probably one of the easiest wedding decisions we made. From the moment we met with him we felt at ease and excited to have him capture our day. The package we chose included an engagement shoot. We had never done a photo-shoot before and definitely had never worked one on one with a professional photographer so to say we were nervous is an understatement. The engagement shoot was our first time truly experiencing how talented Hanel is and we were beyond blown away by his ability to make us feel comfortable and enjoy the moment as a couple. Hanel effortlessly directed us from where we should lay our hands, how to stand and to where we should look to create that perfectly romantic shot. When our wedding came a year later I was confident and excited that Hanel was the one capturing our special day. Hanel was everything we'd ever hoped for and more in the photographer capturing our day. Hanel was able to snap the most gorgeous and unique photos that made our hearts swell when we saw our gallery. I also must say his ability to work in different environments is quite amazing. My bridal party and myself were running 4 hours behind and in November that means little to no natural light and that gave me such anxiety but Hanel was able to capture BEAUTIFUL pictures using his techniques, team and years of experience. We’ve gotten and continue to get numerous compliments from our bridal party, family and friends about how on point Hanel’s direction was as well as his level of professionalism. Hanel is able to use the surrounding venue/space to create unique pictures that will make your jaw drop. Our venue was the Palace at Somerset Park and there are many cookie cutter pictures that all couples take there but Hanel has such a unique eye that even the staff at the Palace was impressed by his ability to capture moments differently and better than large wedding photography companies. If I was nervous or concerned leading up to the wedding I was able to easily contact him directly and express my concerns and every single time Hanel would respond in a timely manner with great suggestions and words of comfort. If you’re engaged and looking for a photographer please take the time to check out Weddings By Hanel. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/28/2020

Ryan G. · Married on 10/19/2019

Hanel- The Gold Standard

We feel so fortunate that Hanel and his team were part of our wedding day. Professionally, Hanel goes above and beyond. Communications leading up to our wedding were timely and very helpful. We were one of those couples that didn’t have a ton of direction but Hanel always seemed to be one step ahead. His team showed up impeccably dressed (straight out of Vogue!) and seamlessly blended in, capturing moments for almost 8 hours. Creatively, Hanel has an eye for weddings that is few and far between. He is constantly ideating and thinking of different poses, and does a great job not only executing but making those participating feel comfortable. We were blown away by the final product, which was an album consisting of both candid and staged moments that perfectly captured our wedding. Looking back, hiring Hanel was one of the best decisions we made going into our wedding. We cannot recommend him enough – he is beyond talented and would not be surprised if he starts to book up seasons in advance. Thank you Hanel and team!

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • DANIELLE

Danielle N. · Married on 10/12/2019

I highly recommend hanel!

From one bride to all the other brides out there, we all know how STRESSFUL the BIG day can be from start to finish. I have to say the one thing that made one of the biggest things a huge relief was our amazing photographer, Hanel. There are so many amazing things I can say about him. He was so nice, super professional and extremely helpful during the whole process. I really felt like he made sure we looked AMAZING for our photos from adjusting my hair to keeping an eye on all the little things that will make the photo just that much better! He made beautiful suggestions that we never thought would look so good! He has such an eye! In the end, we LOVED our photos. I couldn't be happier. It was a pleasure to work with him and I highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Chris C. · Married on 09/28/2019

Wedding 9/28/19:

We first worked with Hanel for an engagement shoot and quickly discovered Hanel's ability to make us feel always at ease and relaxed during our shots with his professional and cheerful personality. He always knew exactly how to direct us before each picture down to each little detail and did so with a down-to-earth and respectful attitude. Working with Hanel during the photos felt like a perfect fit, and when we saw the finished photos, we immediately knew that he would be our guy for our wedding day.

He has a great ability to understand our personal preferences and to capture those elements in any surrounding. His knowledge of lighting and artistic elements are evident in the final product and you know that you will be getting unique and professional results.

We just received our wedding day photos and were blown away by how great they are. It will be a challenge to pick the few photos we want to include in our album!

We found Hanel through family friends and we will surely recommend him to all our friends and family.

Thank you Hanel for some amazing photos and for going above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Ellen · Married on 09/21/2019

Stunning photos

I highly recommend Hanel. He is an amazing photographer and all my guests loved the photos

Sent on 01/22/2020

Mel · Married on 08/19/2019

A Flawless Experience

My fiancee and I were blown away by Hanel’s portfolio from the beginning; his photos have a photojournalistic feel that is both intimate and unique. Once we started communicating via email, we were even more impressed with his passion and professionalism. He is patient, quick to respond, helpful with lots of suggestions, and flexible to accommodate our changing plans and requests.

We recently had our proposal/engagement photo session with Hanel, and the experience was outstanding. He was great at posing the two of us and our friends. Hanel was so kind, attentive and friendly that the all of us felt comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. The photos turned out exceptional. My favorites are his candid shots; he captured the joy and excitement of the day perfectly.

I’m so happy we have chosen Hanel as our photographer, and I can’t wait to have our wedding session with him. If you are looking for a dedicated, talented and kind photographer, look no further; Hanel is the best for the job!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie S. · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful photographer!

Hanel was so easy to work with both in the lead up to our wedding and on our wedding day. I was honestly a little worried about taking photos but he made it all so comfortable and stress free.
    Most importantly-we LOVE the photos that Hanel took of our wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Jieun

Jieun P. · Married on 07/21/2019

He is the best photographer ever!

He came to the place early and see what angles are good and even helped us to set up name cards on the tables so he could get me and my husband at the middle in photos. The whole family asked so many pictures but he made all of them so perfectly. Very impressed!!! I definitely recommend him to my friends! 식 전에 일찍와서 주인공들 자리 셋업을 도와주었어요! 그래야 저희 커플이 전체적인 사진 중간에 찍힐 수 있다면서요ㅎ 그 외에도 저희 가족들이 사진을 엄청 많이 요청했는데, 전부다 정말 잘나왔어요!! 그중에 애기 사진찍는게 참 어려운데도 잘 찍어주셨더라구요~ 완전 강추합니당!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Liana · Married on 07/05/2019

High quality Photos

We met Hanel randomly at a wedding vendor event and we're so glad we did! Hanel's photos automatically caught my eye at the event. His photos look like they belong in a magazine. Booking Hanel as our wedding photographer was the easiest decision we made during this whole process. Hanel is extremely professional and very easy to work with. The price point of his photopackage is well worth it for the product you receive. If I ever need another professional photographer, Hanel will be my go to.

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • John

John K. · Married on 06/04/2019

Wedding in Philly

Hanel did an excellent job for our wedding. We were very happy with the quality of his work. On the top of that, he was very professional, courteous and flexible to accommodate with every request we made. Thank you for your excellent work!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Jane

Jane C. · Married on 06/01/2019

Exceptional. Hanel is in a different class when it comes to wedding photography - he is creative, attentive and fun.

When searching for a photographer to capture our NYC elopement, Hanel’s journalistic style caught my eye. And when we spoke on FaceTime, I instantly understood his passion to capture a full love story and knew he was the right photographer for us. On top of this, his manner and perfect communication just spoke volumes - I really liked him.

When we stepped out of the car at the conservatory Gardens on the day of our wedding, we hit it off instantly. He set about reading the vibe of each part of the ceremony and capturing it without fuss. And afterwards I can’t believe how he managed to make an afternoon of posing for photos so much fun! He calmly posed us, ensured we were looking our very best and found some exquisite shots. Thanks to him, we relaxed and had the best time - we felt like we were with a friend.

Thank you so much Hanel, not only for capturing our day beautifully and producing an iconic set of photos, but for being our wedding witness, and for carrying my handbag around! I know we will see you again soon in NYC.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Linjia J. · Married on 05/24/2019

The best photographer!

Hanel came highly recommended to us by our friends who had gotten married and chose him as their photographer, and we are so glad that we got to meet him at that wedding! He was so kind and approachable at the very first meeting that we had zero reservations in choosing him even though we didn't know too many details about his style of photography or what it would be like to work with him. Turns out his style is both inventive and artistic, and and he is extremely easy to work with (we got so lucky!) At our engagement session, he went out of his way to get shots that were absolutely gorgeous. One particular shot of us on a bridge involved him walking out very far away and still try to give us directions so we look our best in the photos. To get to all the locations we had in mind, an unanticipated cab ride was involved. Even then, Hanel took that opportunity to capture some of our favorite shots. He really goes above and beyond in every way. For couples who are not comfortable in front of the camera - do not worry! Hanel will talk you through all the shots and he does not actually pose you, so everything looks natural and beautiful. My husband learned how to pose for photos ever since.

On our wedding day, Hanel and his staff were punctual and so pleasant to work with. Looking back at our wedding photos, he did not miss a single significant moment and in fact captured a lot that we had missed. Our photos came out looking authentic and so very beautiful. Some of the ones at sunset are jaw-dropping gorgeous - our friends and family keep telling us unprompted months after the wedding (and I really do think it's the photographs that they love and not just us). Once again, Hanel and his staff went above and beyond - he even took photos while standing precariously on a moving golf cart (again, one of our favorites that's getting framed!). One of the staff who works at the venue said he had seen over 500 weddings and never once did a photographer do that. He was so patient in giving our huge wedding party directions, and took the time to learn everyone's name. All of the bridesmaids and groomsmen were so amazed by his incredible work ethic. At another later wedding, one of the groomsmen remarked to me that "yeah that photographer was not even close to Hanel". It's not a competition, but it does speak a lot to Hanel's professionalism and how great it is to work with him.

On top of all this, he is so kind in his demeanor and so patient in answering all of our questions. He is overall just a very good person and the entire experience was a pleasure. He is the best and we can't wait to have him take our family portraits in the future.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Justine

Justine C. · Married on 04/27/2019

Creative and Talented Photographer

Hanel was the perfect choice as our photographer for our wedding day. Not only was he talented, but his calmness and professionalism shined throughout the day which helped us enjoy our wedding even more.
    From the very first meeting with Hanel, we felt an instant connection. Photography was one of the most important items on our list for our wedding day and we knew we had found the photographer for the job. Hanel’s passion for his profession was evident in the way that he spoke about his work and we knew that he would really be able to capture those special moments on our wedding day. We definitely warned him that we were an awkward couple that did not like being the center of attention and he told us not to worry. He was right. From our awesome engagement shoot, that felt more like friends exploring a city and taking cool photos along the way, to our wedding, Hanel offered tips to help us warm up to the camera and capture incredible shots.
    On the day of the wedding, Hanel and his team photographed our day beautifully. From the small details to the big family shots, all photographs came out perfectly. We had a few hiccups that were unforeseen and Hanel rolled right through them with poise and captured such amazing moments.
    We would recommend him a hundred times to anyone who is looking for a creative, passionate, talented, and fun photographer who will surprise you with the most remarkable photos from your special day.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Monica · Married on 04/20/2019

Extremely Professional and Helpful!

We used Hanel for our proposal, engagement party, and Sangeet, and Hanel was absolutely amazing for all of it!! For the Sangeet - he captured the energy of the event and the colors beautifully! He was also super flexible and so easy to work with leading up to the big day. On the actual day, he was so incredibly patient with us and helped calm our nerves - which is exactly what we needed. For the proposal (which was a surprise and at the end of a long hike), he actually did the hike with my husband a few days prior to the proposal to help him find the perfect spot to propose! Overall - Hanel is not only an incredible photographer but he goes above and beyond to make the bride and groom feel at ease and stress free! Can not recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Christine · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful photographers

We hired Hanel to photograph our wedding after seeing the beautiful photos he took at a friend of mine's wedding. My friends aren't the most comfortable people in front of the camera, just like us, so that really stood out to us. If he could make them look so natural and beautiful in photos, we figured he could do the same for us. And he definitely exceeded our expectations. He and his second photographer really made us feel comfortable even with their cameras pointed at us. They were so unobtrusive yet still knew how to get everyone together for the group photos. We are super happy with our choice and can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/01/2019