Weddings by Hanel Reviews

36 | Hoboken, NJ

36 Reviews for Weddings by Hanel

Chris Cho · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Wedding 9/28/19:

We first worked with Hanel for an engagement shoot and quickly discovered Hanel's ability to make us feel always at ease and relaxed during our shots with his professional and cheerful personality. He always knew exactly how to direct us before each picture down to each little detail and did so with a down-to-earth and respectful attitude. Working with Hanel during the photos felt like a perfect fit, and when we saw the finished photos, we immediately knew that he would be our guy for our wedding day.

He has a great ability to understand our personal preferences and to capture those elements in any surrounding. His knowledge of lighting and artistic elements are evident in the final product and you know that you will be getting unique and professional results.

We just received our wedding day photos and were blown away by how great they are. It will be a challenge to pick the few photos we want to include in our album!

We found Hanel through family friends and we will surely recommend him to all our friends and family.

Thank you Hanel for some amazing photos and for going above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Serenity

Serenity N · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Excellent and professional videographers

Hanel and his team were professional, experienced, and great to work with. We used their videography services for our wedding in October 2019 and are very pleased with the results. Adam, our videographer for the day, went above and beyond to capture footage from multiple angles. Hanel put together a lovely highlight reel that really captured the joy of the day. Throughout the process, Hanel was easy to get in touch with, made sure everything was discussed in advance so the actual day went smoothly, and followed up at appropriate times. We got a package that included full footage from both the ceremony and the reception, and we are looking forward to revisiting our wedding day for many years to come! I would highly recommend Weddings by Hanel for your wedding videography (and photography) needs!

Sent on 02/21/2020
  • Raymond

Raymond Fung · Getting married on 02/10/2021

A true professional and artist

Hanel is a true artist and professional. From the moment we met him, he exhibited a meticulous attention to detail and understanding of the flow of weddings. He put us at ease with the thoughtful questions he asked, things that we would have never thought of or expected, and he continued to communicate to maintain our confidence in having chosen him. When it came to the day of the wedding, he was punctual, prepared and mindful of time. He was very proficient in posing us, getting his shots quickly, and made creative use of our surroundings. He did a great job capturing the moments we shared, the details we had put thought into, the mandatory group photos, and the fun that was had. As a semi-pro photographer, I hold photos to a high artistic and technical standard and Hanel delivered on all fronts! His work was worth every penny and I couldn't recommend him enough!

Sent on 02/24/2020
  • DANIELLE

DANIELLE NG-FERRARA · Married on 10/12/2019

I highly recommend hanel!

From one bride to all the other brides out there, we all know how STRESSFUL the BIG day can be from start to finish. I have to say the one thing that made one of the biggest things a huge relief was our amazing photographer, Hanel. There are so many amazing things I can say about him. He was so nice, super professional and extremely helpful during the whole process. I really felt like he made sure we looked AMAZING for our photos from adjusting my hair to keeping an eye on all the little things that will make the photo just that much better! He made beautiful suggestions that we never thought would look so good! He has such an eye! In the end, we LOVED our photos. I couldn't be happier. It was a pleasure to work with him and I highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Ellen · Married on 09/21/2019

Stunning photos

I highly recommend Hanel. He is an amazing photographer and all my guests loved the photos

Sent on 01/22/2020

Mel P. · Married on 08/19/2019

A Flawless Experience

My fiancee and I were blown away by Hanel’s portfolio from the beginning; his photos have a photojournalistic feel that is both intimate and unique. Once we started communicating via email, we were even more impressed with his passion and professionalism. He is patient, quick to respond, helpful with lots of suggestions, and flexible to accommodate our changing plans and requests.

We recently had our proposal/engagement photo session with Hanel, and the experience was outstanding. He was great at posing the two of us and our friends. Hanel was so kind, attentive and friendly that the all of us felt comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera. The photos turned out exceptional. My favorites are his candid shots; he captured the joy and excitement of the day perfectly.

I’m so happy we have chosen Hanel as our photographer, and I can’t wait to have our wedding session with him. If you are looking for a dedicated, talented and kind photographer, look no further; Hanel is the best for the job!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie Sowislo · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful photographer!

Hanel was so easy to work with both in the lead up to our wedding and on our wedding day. I was honestly a little worried about taking photos but he made it all so comfortable and stress free.
    Most importantly-we LOVE the photos that Hanel took of our wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Jieun

Jieun Park · Married on 07/21/2019

He is the best photographer ever!

He came to the place early and see what angles are good and even helped us to set up name cards on the tables so he could get me and my husband at the middle in photos. The whole family asked so many pictures but he made all of them so perfectly. Very impressed!!! I definitely recommend him to my friends! 식 전에 일찍와서 주인공들 자리 셋업을 도와주었어요! 그래야 저희 커플이 전체적인 사진 중간에 찍힐 수 있다면서요ㅎ 그 외에도 저희 가족들이 사진을 엄청 많이 요청했는데, 전부다 정말 잘나왔어요!! 그중에 애기 사진찍는게 참 어려운데도 잘 찍어주셨더라구요~ 완전 강추합니당!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Liana · Married on 07/05/2019

High quality Photos

We met Hanel randomly at a wedding vendor event and we're so glad we did! Hanel's photos automatically caught my eye at the event. His photos look like they belong in a magazine. Booking Hanel as our wedding photographer was the easiest decision we made during this whole process. Hanel is extremely professional and very easy to work with. The price point of his photopackage is well worth it for the product you receive. If I ever need another professional photographer, Hanel will be my go to.

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • John

John Kim · Married on 06/04/2019

Wedding in Philly

Hanel did an excellent job for our wedding. We were very happy with the quality of his work. On the top of that, he was very professional, courteous and flexible to accommodate with every request we made. Thank you for your excellent work!

Sent on 05/06/2019
  • Jane

Jane Cusdin · Married on 06/01/2019

Exceptional. Hanel is in a different class when it comes to wedding photography - he is creative, attentive and fun.

When searching for a photographer to capture our NYC elopement, Hanel’s journalistic style caught my eye. And when we spoke on FaceTime, I instantly understood his passion to capture a full love story and knew he was the right photographer for us. On top of this, his manner and perfect communication just spoke volumes - I really liked him.

When we stepped out of the car at the conservatory Gardens on the day of our wedding, we hit it off instantly. He set about reading the vibe of each part of the ceremony and capturing it without fuss. And afterwards I can’t believe how he managed to make an afternoon of posing for photos so much fun! He calmly posed us, ensured we were looking our very best and found some exquisite shots. Thanks to him, we relaxed and had the best time - we felt like we were with a friend.

Thank you so much Hanel, not only for capturing our day beautifully and producing an iconic set of photos, but for being our wedding witness, and for carrying my handbag around! I know we will see you again soon in NYC.

Sent on 07/12/2019

Linjia Jia · Married on 05/24/2019

The best photographer!

Hanel came highly recommended to us by our friends who had gotten married and chose him as their photographer, and we are so glad that we got to meet him at that wedding! He was so kind and approachable at the very first meeting that we had zero reservations in choosing him even though we didn't know too many details about his style of photography or what it would be like to work with him. Turns out his style is both inventive and artistic, and and he is extremely easy to work with (we got so lucky!) At our engagement session, he went out of his way to get shots that were absolutely gorgeous. One particular shot of us on a bridge involved him walking out very far away and still try to give us directions so we look our best in the photos. To get to all the locations we had in mind, an unanticipated cab ride was involved. Even then, Hanel took that opportunity to capture some of our favorite shots. He really goes above and beyond in every way. For couples who are not comfortable in front of the camera - do not worry! Hanel will talk you through all the shots and he does not actually pose you, so everything looks natural and beautiful. My husband learned how to pose for photos ever since.

On our wedding day, Hanel and his staff were punctual and so pleasant to work with. Looking back at our wedding photos, he did not miss a single significant moment and in fact captured a lot that we had missed. Our photos came out looking authentic and so very beautiful. Some of the ones at sunset are jaw-dropping gorgeous - our friends and family keep telling us unprompted months after the wedding (and I really do think it's the photographs that they love and not just us). Once again, Hanel and his staff went above and beyond - he even took photos while standing precariously on a moving golf cart (again, one of our favorites that's getting framed!). One of the staff who works at the venue said he had seen over 500 weddings and never once did a photographer do that. He was so patient in giving our huge wedding party directions, and took the time to learn everyone's name. All of the bridesmaids and groomsmen were so amazed by his incredible work ethic. At another later wedding, one of the groomsmen remarked to me that "yeah that photographer was not even close to Hanel". It's not a competition, but it does speak a lot to Hanel's professionalism and how great it is to work with him.

On top of all this, he is so kind in his demeanor and so patient in answering all of our questions. He is overall just a very good person and the entire experience was a pleasure. He is the best and we can't wait to have him take our family portraits in the future.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Justine

Justine Chris · Married on 04/27/2019

Creative and Talented Photographer

Hanel was the perfect choice as our photographer for our wedding day. Not only was he talented, but his calmness and professionalism shined throughout the day which helped us enjoy our wedding even more.
    From the very first meeting with Hanel, we felt an instant connection. Photography was one of the most important items on our list for our wedding day and we knew we had found the photographer for the job. Hanel’s passion for his profession was evident in the way that he spoke about his work and we knew that he would really be able to capture those special moments on our wedding day. We definitely warned him that we were an awkward couple that did not like being the center of attention and he told us not to worry. He was right. From our awesome engagement shoot, that felt more like friends exploring a city and taking cool photos along the way, to our wedding, Hanel offered tips to help us warm up to the camera and capture incredible shots.
    On the day of the wedding, Hanel and his team photographed our day beautifully. From the small details to the big family shots, all photographs came out perfectly. We had a few hiccups that were unforeseen and Hanel rolled right through them with poise and captured such amazing moments.
    We would recommend him a hundred times to anyone who is looking for a creative, passionate, talented, and fun photographer who will surprise you with the most remarkable photos from your special day.

Sent on 07/15/2019

Monica · Married on 04/20/2019

Extremely Professional and Helpful!

We used Hanel for our proposal, engagement party, and Sangeet, and Hanel was absolutely amazing for all of it!! For the Sangeet - he captured the energy of the event and the colors beautifully! He was also super flexible and so easy to work with leading up to the big day. On the actual day, he was so incredibly patient with us and helped calm our nerves - which is exactly what we needed. For the proposal (which was a surprise and at the end of a long hike), he actually did the hike with my husband a few days prior to the proposal to help him find the perfect spot to propose! Overall - Hanel is not only an incredible photographer but he goes above and beyond to make the bride and groom feel at ease and stress free! Can not recommend him enough!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Christine · Married on 10/13/2018

Wonderful photographers

We hired Hanel to photograph our wedding after seeing the beautiful photos he took at a friend of mine's wedding. My friends aren't the most comfortable people in front of the camera, just like us, so that really stood out to us. If he could make them look so natural and beautiful in photos, we figured he could do the same for us. And he definitely exceeded our expectations. He and his second photographer really made us feel comfortable even with their cameras pointed at us. They were so unobtrusive yet still knew how to get everyone together for the group photos. We are super happy with our choice and can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Stephanie Thormar · Married on 09/09/2018

Thank you for capturing our day!

Hanel! Thank you so much for being our photographer, you were the best decision we made for our wedding! We’re always grateful that everything came together perfectly for our wedding but without your photos we wouldn’t have had them captured so beautifully! You photographed every part of our day so beautifully, even the smallest details. Every time I look at our photos it reminds me of how wonderful our special day was and we can’t thank you enough for that!

Sent on 03/28/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/21/2018

Best Phtographer You Will Find Anywhere!

This is a long review but it is because I wholly believe that Hanel is the best photogapher in NYC! If you want to love your wedding photos, hire him ASAP! He is for sure the best photographer that you will ever have the opportunity to hire. I was exhaustive in my search to find a NYC photographer whose work was elegant and sophisticated. There are SO MANY photographers out there, but so few with any actual talent and understanding of lighting, posing people, attention to environment and ambiance, etc. I know that sounds harsh, but just take a look around your Facebook or any wedding website and it seems like everyone with a decent camera thinks they are worthy of a National Geographic cover. If you are going to splurge anywhere, SPLURGE ON A GOOD PHOTOGRAPHER! And save yourself the regret and book Hanel right now. He will be professional, he will be calm, he knows how to pose everyone (no random, rushed grouping of people, no awkward poses), he has excellent ideas that will execute flawlessly and his work is STUNNING. Literal perfection. He truly understands lighting and has actual vision and taste! I really hit the jackpot with Hanel and I will never stop singing his praises. Even my wedding guests kept coming up to me during the day to tell me how impressive of a photographer he was. I’ve been to so many weddings where the photographer was mediocre at best and it showed when the wedding photos came in. My wedding photos look like a staged shoot and it’s all because of Hanel!!! I cried when I got my album because he truly captured everyone in their best light. My photos effectively tell a story from start to finish. No tacky poses, no ugly angles, no horrible coloring or cheap purchased filter packages. Hanel is the real deal. Book him before Vogue or Harper’s Bazaar snatches up all of his time!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Blanche · Married on 06/30/2018

When you are deciding between which photographer to choose, you should feel very confident in choosing Hanel. He was amazing, creative, communicative, and an artist!!!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Eunice · Married on 05/31/2018

Amazing. Artistic and savvy! He was the absolute best! I had Hanel photograph our 10th year anniversary shoot and he was beyond amazing! We usually feel so awkward taking pictures, but Hanels personality really made us feel free spirited and comfortable! It totally was evident in the pictures. Even my husband who hates taking photos said “that was so worth it and I’m glad we took these pictures.” Hanels expertise in taking artistic pictures allows him to capture moments/scenes naturally. I totally loved him and will definitely use him again or any other important events. I’ve been raving to my friends about his talents and professionalize!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Elena · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot thank Hanel enough for the stunning photos of our wedding day! Before the event, he took time to meet us and get to know exactly what we wanted.

During the wedding Hanel and his team were punctual, professional, and even helped us wrangle family and friends for photos! Hanel’s and his team’s professionalism actually added order to our other vendors as well, making our day run a little smoother. Hanel captured not only great posed stills, but also amazing candids. Our parents hugging each other after the ceremony was a personal favorite. The photos have a photojournalistic feel and the quality is outstanding. They captured the joy, emotion and excitement of the day without feeling at all generic.

After the wedding, Hanel delivered both the preview album and all the photos ahead of schedule. Our biggest challenge has been picking our favorites to share with family and friends, because we love them all!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

Beautiful, storytelling, tearjerker videography!

We were so fortunate to have Hanel as our videographer. He was so helpful throughout the wedding day and managed to capture all the emotional moments and curate them into the most perfect video. Our highlight reel of 3 minutes 50 seconds followed a beautiful storyline. I love how it came out and my family did as well. I highly highly highly recommend having Hanel as your wedding videographer!!!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Sarah · Married on 02/27/2018

Hanel's portfolio blew me away from the beginning. From the first emails and phone conversation I knew he was our photographer! He is quick to respond, so kind, and so, so helpful! My now husband and I eloped in New York city and us being from Michigan were lost on where to start. Hanel suggested some great places for the pictures and was kind enough to offer up some great restaurants to try. I highly suggest him! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Rachel · Married on 01/28/2018

Before we met Hanel, we had made arrangements with a different photographers and lost our deposit from other photographer. However, when we met Hanel he was the complete opposite of our previous experiences. He is the best photographer! Hanel's service for our wedding was absolutely phenomenal. He has a keen eye for photography and his talent and passion truly shows in the photos that he took for our wedding and engagement session. His professionalism is unrivaled as is his skill for photography. He is not only dedicated but patient and kind and goes above and beyond in ensuring that we were perfectly happy with the quality of the photos and the locations where the photos were taken. With all the things that we needed to worry about for the wedding, photography was not one of them because we knew that we could count on Hanel. The final USB that we received was a beautifully engraved crystal USB with our names on it. It was very elegantly wrapped and contained several thoughtful cards for us and our family. We definitely recommend getting him as your photographer as we have recommended to all of our friends with upcoming weddings.

Sent on 03/18/2018

Joanne · Married on 09/02/2017

Destination Aruba Wedding

I used to do photography and I only wanted a photographer who was better than me for the job. He knows how to work with lighting and mine was outdoors with fireworks so even with limited control, the photos came out great! He did my engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, post-wedding brunch, and trash the dress. You're in good hands if you have your wedding indoors or a destination wedding. I chose to hire a local photographer for a destination wedding for his work and so I can trust someone that communicated with me every step on the way. He addressed any concerns I had and made me feel calm.

Sent on 11/14/2018