Weddings by Dan Reviews

16 | Springfield, VA

16 Reviews for Weddings by Dan

Ashley Gordon · Married on 10/20/2019

Best Pastor

Pastor Dan was such a pleasure to work with to officiate our wedding. He is really funny and a great man. He felt like apart of our family! He took us out for dinner for our meet and greet. We also invited him to our rehearsal brunch. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Edwin

Edwin · Married on 09/28/2019

Dan was perfect!

Dan was an absolute pleasure to have officiate our wedding. He is so genuinely nice and made us feel very comfortable from the first time we met to our post wedding meet up! He was very professional, he has loads of experience, and it showed. He helped coordinate our rehearsal and did a great job at our wedding. Fully recommend Dan for your wedding needs. Thanks Dan!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • F

Elisa Bletsas · Married on 09/20/2019

Wonderful!

Pastor Dan did a wonderful job at our wedding. He and his assistant were very responsible leading up to the day. He even took us out to lunch to get to know us and discuss the details. We absolutely loved having him be a part of our special day and could not have asked for a better officiant. He is very kind and funny and everyone loved him!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing job!

We recommended Dan and could not have been happier with him officiating!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Megan

Megan Johnson Howell · Married on 03/30/2019

So wonderful!!

Pastor Dan did my wedding on March 30, 2019 at the Black Horse Inn. He was wonderful and hilarious!! Everyone just loved him. I absolutely recommend Dan. He is very professional and you can just see his love for God radiating through him. Truly a wonderful man!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Erica · Married on 11/03/2018

Pastor Dan was wonderful at my wedding.

We met up a couple times, have a few calls, and dozens of emails. He was very patient and I'm so glad he married my now husband and I. He added that nice soft touch with his words that my parents appreciated. I strongly recommend him

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Adriana

Adriana · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly recommended

Pastor Dan is amazing! He takes the time to meet the couples, he even took us out for lunch and we talked for hours. We definitely recommend him, he works with you in order to have the ceremony you want. His prices are VERY reasonable and he even got us a Spanish translator for those who didn't speak English at our ceremony. We are so grateful for all the work he did!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Cheryl · Married on 04/29/2017

Rev. Thompson performed the baptism of our son at our home. I'm so grateful that we found him, and would highly recommend him for any event. The ceremony was lovely -- heartfelt, dignified, but also with some humor. Rev. Thompson is friendly and outgoing -- my family raved about him after the christening. His fee is also very reasonable.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Jessie · Married on 04/21/2017

Reverend Dan is fun, friendly, great at communication, driven, realistic, accommodating, and very reasonably priced. He is custom tailoring our ceremony. We felt comfortable once we met with him. And after the ceremony we are receiving a book on how to navigate rocky bumps in marriage, and a book with our ceremony printed in it. Great feelings about this officiant.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Johanna · Married on 12/13/2015

Reverend Dan has been a friend of mine since we worked on a wedding together the wedding of the derecho storm in 2012. We have worked together on many weddings, some by chance and others where I referred him to my clients. He was the only person I considered to officiate our wedding. To me, he simply is the person that should get people married. It seems like his calling.

He is generous with his time and is happy to meet and chat about the wedding and anything that may come up during the conversation. He is comfortable and helps put anxious brides at ease. His service was personal, intimate and powerful. I cannot thank Dan enough for being a part of my wedding day. It made all the difference in our ceremony and meaning behind it.

Sent on 01/13/2016
  • Lara

Lara · Married on 07/03/2015

Rev. Thompson was excellent. He was prompt in his emails and very courteous. We first met him over lunch during Christmas and he was very nice, asking us about our families and what we envisioned for our wedding. He respected our desire for a secular ceremony, and had 13 ceremony templates to choose from. He worked with us to include some things that were meaningful to us. Some of our guests thought our families had known him for years. He attended the rehearsal and the ceremony and was very reasonably priced (especially when compared to other officiants in the area). I would recommend him in a heart beat!

Sent on 07/10/2015

Reverend Dan is the best. We found Reverend Dan on Thumbtack and set up a meeting. He was incredibly sweet and brought a gift for us on our first meeting! We hadn't even booked him yet and found that to be such a nice gesture. Rev. Dan has many, many years of experience and he is great at what he does! He sent us four ceremonies to choose from since we weren't sure where to start. From there, we combined pieces from each and created our own custom ceremony. He also asked if we would like to include any religious or cultural pieces. We found the history behind the term "tying the knot" and we were able to incorporate a beautiful segment into the ceremony with this. The mother of the groom and mother of the bride were ushered up by the youngest brothers and tied two pieces of ribbon together. From there Rev Dan tied our hands together and said an Irish prayer. It was beautiful and we received so many compliments from our guests. Rev Dan arrived on time and well dressed for both our rehearsal and the wedding. His price is also considerably less than anyone else around. Regardless of price, we were going with Rev Dan! We consider him a personal friend now and I would absolutely recommend him for your wedding.

Sent on 09/30/2014
  • O

Olga · Married on 07/12/2014

Pastor Dan was just amazing! He was so easy to communicate with, for our first meeting he took us out to lunch. I was a bit hesitant to go to lunch with a random person I never met, I thought it would be really awkward. I have never had such a pleasant easygoing lunch with a person I just met. He was so much fun! We learned a lot about him and his family; he was very interested in learning about us. As soon as we left, we knew we wanted him to marry us. Oh and we were VERY picky when it came to finding a person to marry us. Pastor called me few weeks before the wedding to make sure we have everything ready, he offered to bring any props that we needs, sand, candles. We had sand ceremony as well as stomping on the glass, he took care of the glass and napkin in our wedding color. He was great during ceremony, had few jokes and advices, but not too much to make a circus out of our wedding. He was just absolutely great, I would recommend him to anyone! Oh and I have!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Kelly · Married on 09/03/2011

Reverend Dan Thompson was wonderful to work with. He has 4 different ceremony selections that we got to choose from. He also gave us some pre-martial videos to watch with a follow-along booklet. We met with him a few times to go over ceremony details. He was willing to meet with us whenever we wanted. He was prompt in returning emails and arrived to our rehearsal and ceremony on time (in fact very early). He was a pleasure to work with and our ceremony was beautiful! I would highly recommend him to anyone! His fee was about $200 for everything.

Sent on 09/06/2011
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/02/2010

Reverend Thompson was actually referred to us by another Reverand that we had contacted that had recently retired from officiating weddings. We were very pleased when we met with Reverend Thompson as he was very well versed both in speaking and experience in ministry as well as being able to relate to us as a couple which made it a little more personal at the ceremony which is what we were looking for.

He was very flexible in being able to meet with us a couple of times prior to our wedding as well as he joined us at the Rehearsal and Rehearsal dinner. He provided us with a couple of different templates to choose from for our ceremony outline which was nice to be able to have options and to put together exactly what we wanted in our ceremony.

Sent on 11/14/2010

Renee and · Married on 09/07/2013

Pastor Dan is a personable, wonderful man. His humor fit right in with our style, making the ceremony more comfortable for us. Extremely professional and caring, we highly recommend Pastor Dan.

Sent on 09/10/2013