Weddings and Dreams Reviews

33 | Fremont, CA

33 Reviews for Weddings and Dreams

Mackenzie Marshall · Married on 12/01/2018

Truly Amazing

I first come across Wedding and Dreams at a Bridal Show in SF. At the shows they had this stunning strapless fitted mermaid dress with the most amazing detailed train. Several months later I happen to be in Ferment for a nail appointment. The shop just happen to be down the street from my nail salon.

I walked in to the shop wirh no appointment and told the wome behind the counter about the dress that I saw at the Bridal Fair. Her name was Virginia and she was so kind and helpful. I showed her a photo of the dress I wanted to look at. She was happy to show me the exact dress. She toke me to the dressing room and helped me into the dress. It amazingly fit like it was ment to be. This was the first dress I had tried on and it was the last.

After a lovely long conversation with Virginia about the dress and how I felt in it, she really made me feel good about the dress. After making the decision on the dress in was such a relief to find out that they had a layaway program that I could take advantage of. I paid an initial amount and agreed upon a monthly payment.

In May the company I worked for relocated and that left me unemployed. I called Weddings and Dreams up and told them the situation. They where so understanding and helping. They where kind enough to allow me to chang the amount of my monthly payment. It was such a relief and helpful to my financial situation.

Today I picked up my dress after making the last payment last week. Virginia was there to help me again anf I come with my best friend Roxanne. I tried the dress again to make sure it still fit and didn't need alterations. NOPE, still fit like a glove. I tried some jewelry on to complete the look. And had another amazing conversation with Virginia. She remembers our conversations from the 10 months ago.

I purchased a garment bag, a bracelet, earrings, and a undershirt for my fiancee. I cant wait to share my dress photos after my wedding on December 1st with Virginia.

Thank you so much Virginia and Weddings and Dreams. You are top notch

Sent on 11/13/2018

Kristy · Married on 07/28/2018

I needed a modest wedding gown (which is hard to find in CA) and they have temple wedding dresses! I had discouraging experiences prior to my appt here, but this was so different from my other experiences. The person assigned to help me was so patient and helpful. I wish I remembered her name because she was fantastic! I got a beautiful dress and they helped me order it rushed so I had it by my wedding date. They also steamed it for free because they were excited about it being a white dress (not the usual anymore, apparently).

Sent on 09/14/2018

Johanna · Married on 01/27/2018

There are not enough words for me to describe how wonderful my experience was at Weddings & Dreams. The customer service of Arnold and his team is tremendous. It's rare to find such great customer service and I am so happy I found this shop.

Here are a little more details about my experience: I was torn between a dress I tried on at Weddings & Dreams and a dress at another bridal shop and Arnold found the other dress and brought it in to the store so I could try them on side-by-side. He and the team really went above and beyond to make sure I found THE dress and they were so patient and understanding when I was indecisive. I genuinely felt that they wanted me to leave happy with a dress that I loved versus treating me just like another sale.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Patricia · Married on 07/30/2016

Very happy with this dress boutique. My mom and I just went in to get ideas and low and behold....I walk out with buying a dress. I literally tried on 6 dresses and found the one. I had an idea of what I wanted....It didn't look good on me. The girl picked out a dress and I loved it! I wouldn't take it off.

They were professional and made sure everything was OK. And lined up my appointments. I was extremely happy with how the staff was. And their selection of dresses keeps expanding!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Denise · Married on 05/14/2016

Weddings & Dreams and staff were great!! Shortly after my engagement, made a non-planned stop to look at and try on dresses with my mom. They were very accommodating with no appointment. I had picked a number of dresses/styles from Pinterest. They had those available to try on. I was able to try on several dresses and ended up deciding on one that day!! They were very attentive and responsive with the fittings and alterations.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Kathryn · Married on 05/07/2016

Celena was a great help to me. She saw the dresses that I liked and suggested many different dresses that I liked and ultimately picked out the perfect dress for me. She was quick and I enjoyed having her help me with finding my dress.

Sent on 11/08/2015

abby · Married on 04/23/2016

Ah-mazing service! I was helped by Megan and she was so lovely and accomodating! The first dress she found was THE DRESS. She helped me try on the dress with a veil, as well as helped me figure out how to get into it! I couldn't have imagined a better "finding THE DRESS " experience! Would definitely recommending this place. Oh and did I mention that my dress price was a STEAL?! :D

Sent on 12/12/2016

Cheryl · Married on 10/17/2015

Very helpful and beautiful dress selection! Love the discounts too and the staff was very accommodating and kind.

Sent on 02/17/2015

This review is strictly for Weddings and Dreams (not including their seamstress). There was a great amount of styles available, but not too many where it was overwhelming. The first dress I tried on was the one, and it wasn't even the silhouette I was even looking for. The bridal consultant knew what would work for my body type even though I wanted a different style. Their service and professionalism were so great that I opted to even buy a 2nd dress for the reception as well as a couple of other accessories that the store offered. They also offer tux rentals and bridesmaid dresses, but I opted to get the BM dresses elsewhere since we were on a strict time crunch.

They also had a seamstress available there, but payments to the seamstress went directly to her and not the store, which is why this 5 star review is not including seamstress services, and if it did, I'd actually rate this lower. One of the straps I had added on to the dress ripped apart from the dress on the night of the wedding, luckily I had safety pins, but it still ruined the straps in the end. I was planning on getting it preserved, but I'd have to get the straps fixed first. She also had the nerve to ask me if I was wearing the same shoes from a previous dress fitting, which I was, because her hem cut was way off. I had to bite my tongue so hard on my final fitting with her. My MOHs were even irritated with her during the first and second fittings, so I didn't have them attend the third one to make it less stressful. It shouldn't have taken that many fittings to just hem, add my provided straps, and a rhinestone belt. There's a couple other things I can mention, but to cut it short, to save you some time, just look for another seamstress.

Nonetheless, this bridal store was the best as far as quality of service, selection and people. I did go to other places like David's Bridal (never again) and Trudy's in Campbell. You'll find yourself served with more attention here than other places.

Sent on 09/24/2015

I bought my dress there ... and it was the most gorgeous dress i've seen! It took me only one visit to decide that that was the dress I will be walking down the isle in. Seriously outstanding! It was a designer collection, i received 40% off because it was from passed season. I got the alterations done there as well, the seamstress was very nice.
    Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Alicia · Married on 07/02/2015

I purchased my wedding dress here, and the groom and groomsmen rented their tuxedos here. This is a lovely little mom & pop store that has great service. Megan helped me with wedding dress shopping. She was patient and kind and very informative and helped me a lot when deciding what style would work best for me. Arnold helped the groomsmen and groom with tux fittings and rentals. Again, helpful and professional. We always received phone calls when items were ready, to confirm appointments, to confirm details etc. Their pricing was fair and they were always no pressure. The have a third party seamstress if you need alterations and her prices can't be beat. I highly recommend this place for great value and service.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Catherine · Married on 04/25/2015

Very good customer service. They assist us in everything we need.

Weddings and Dreams's reply:

Thank you for the great review Catherine! We hope your wedding was a hit! :)

Michelle · event on 08/30/2014

They were so helpful and made sure that I got exactly the dress I wanted even though it wasn't what I thought I wanted at first. The attention they gave me made me feel like I a princess! I highly recommend Weddings and Dreams!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Pattie · Married on 08/16/2014

I got my maid of honor, brides maids, and tuxs here. They are great friendly fast and know what they are talking about. Prices are reasonable with great quality

Sent on 07/19/2014

Valerie · Married on 08/10/2014

This was the first boutique I went to to begin my search for my wedding dress. I had not anticipated finding THE dress, let alone buying one. But it happened; it was the first dress I tried on. The staff was very helpful, very knowledgeable about what looked great with my body type. It was the perfect dress with the most perfect price tag. Very reasonable. They also have an in-house seamstress that altered my dress. They did as many fittings as needed to get it right. They also have a beautiful selection of jewelry and other items one would need for a wedding. My girlfriend, who bought her dress elsewhere, also found a bejeweled appliqué from here, and the associate the bridal boutique she bought her dress from was in awe of how beautiful the piece was. They are a company of their word and goes above and beyond to make the customer happy. Everything they promised was delivered and I am very pleased with my experience here. I love that their selection is special and more than likely, the dress you find isn't going to be one where many other brides have worn.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Cheryll · Married on 06/14/2014

This place is very Helpful. I was able to bring all our Bridal Party to get all there tuxedo and Dresses. Very Satisfied!!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Harish · Married on 12/13/2013

Wedding and dreams is really a great place for gowns and other attire. People are very helpful to make your wedding dress look great.
    Thanks
    Harish & Shristy

Sent on 12/17/2013

Patricia · Married on 02/18/2012

I am a huge fan of the folks at weddings and dreams. I highly recommend them to everyone, you get personalized service and they're not pushy, just very helpful and friendly.

WEDDING DRESS: It was the very first store that I visited during my search for a perfect wedding dress. From the moment i stepped into the store I was greeted by Arnold who asked if I had tried on any wedding dresses and proceeded to explain to me the shapes, styles and asked me to pick a few I liked. He also picked a few for me to try on. They have a huuuge selection of wedding dresses, but the very first dress i tried on turned out to be my dream dress. After visiting over 6 stores and trying on countless dresses, I returned to weddings and dreams to purchase my dress. The dress came in fairly quickly they said I should expect it to take about 5 months but it actually came in less than 3 months.

BRIDESMAID DRESS: They also have a great selection of bridesmaids dresses - so much that my bridesmaids were tired after looking at how many dresses I had picked out for them to try on. Both the bridal and bridesmaids dresses are excellent quality.

TUXEDOS: Our entire male bridal party ordered their tuxedos from them. They were excellent quality, perfect size and exactly as we had requested. Because we rented so many items from them the grooms tux was free, which my husband was really happy about!

Sent on 03/21/2012

Eileen · Married on 12/17/2016

Arnold and his staff are a dream to work with! They are a mom/pop shop with a wide selection of dresses, tuxedos, suits and all kinds of accessories. We worked with Megan to find the perfect dress and not only did she patiently and happily answer our long lists of questions, but she also made suggestions where we may find customized items that weren't available in the store. Also, although we ended up using an out-of-store seamstress, Megan offered tips on where to get cheaper but quality fabrics. Finally, when the dress got inadvertently stained, Arnold stepped up at the last minute and ensured the dress would be cleaned quickly, thoroughly and professionally without breaking the already broken wedding piggy bank.

We received so many compliments on our formalwear and you can totally tell that folks like Arnold and Megan sincerely enjoy helping others plan this amazing milestone!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Rowena · Married on 08/15/2015

We met Megan and Arnold at a wedding faire and we were attracted to their traditional Filipino garb. They were friendly, welcoming, and very enthusiastic! I instantly felt a connection with Megan and decided to check out their salon and made an appointment. Low and behold I found and purchased my dream wedding dress with Megan's great patience and eye for detail. She listened to all the details I wanted and brought me samples that enlisted all of them. The last dress I tried on made me feel like a queen and I thank Megan for that! My fiancé also bought his traditional Filipino Barong from Weddings and Dreams and we are set for the groomsmen and bearers to buy their Barongs there too. Thank you to Arnold for going out of his way while on vacation in the Philippines to get us a sample of my fiance's ivory piña Barong! They make you feel like family and they definitely go beyond to make your special day as perfect as possible.

Erin · Married on 02/07/2015

Megan was extremely helpful in helping us find bridesmaid dresses at the last minute.

Sent on 03/03/2015

This place was everything I thought wedding dress shopping should be. I went to a few other places in the Fremont area and it felt more like trying on clothing then wedding dress shopping. The staff was very helpful. The only annoyance was that regular shipping for the dress I liked was 5 to 6 months, so I had to do rush shipping.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Harleighcia · Married on 05/16/2015

I got my dream dress for half the price. After 3 days of going to several potential vendors and trying on multiple designers only to have my soul ripped out after looking at the tag and realizing I truly didn't want to spend a ridiculous amount on a dress that would only be worn once when I stumbled on the hidden treasure tucked away in a weird little shopping mall.. The owner was amazing and believe it or not I fell in love with the very first dress I tried on.. And best of all I payed less then a grand for my dress and it's beautiful..

Sent on 02/16/2015

Alicia · Married on 10/03/2014

The only reason I gave some 4's are because I was not allowed to take a picture of myself in the dress. Otherwise, great price and excellent service.

Sent on 08/15/2014

These guys are absolutely amazing. They were patient, took their time, made you the center of attention and just wanted to make sure you left the store happy. I bought the dress of my dreams here. Only thing I had an issue with is how one of the owners of the shop would hover around and make some customers uncomfortable. But if you voice your concern, he is very understanding and leaves the space for you and your loved ones. Overall amazing experience. I came here at the start of my dress shopping experience, came back a couple of months later after going to several dress shop locations, and no where could compare to these guys hospitality.

Sent on 08/14/2014