Wedding Violinist, Maura Kropke Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Krissy
    Krissy Married on 05/03/2022

An Absolute Professional

I knew I was going to book Maura as soon as I viewed her profile. I held off probably until the last minute, but she showed up for us and is an absolute professional. I think she could probably play weddings in her sleep because she arrived on time, dressed appropriately, played beautifully and remembered to play what we discussed even though the order of events didn’t go exactly as planned on the day of. When other vendors let me down, Maura Kropke was a vendor I could trust, and I recommend her to anyone seeking gorgeous music for their big day! Whatever you pay, she’s worth it!
  • Alex
    Alex W. Married on 12/23/2021

Great Violinist

Our wedding was very last minute but Maura had no problem stepping up to play our ceremony. I didn't get our song choices to her until days before the wedding but it was no problem for her. She was very responsive, easy to work with, and a great value.
  • Hekele88
    Het. Married on 10/30/2021

Beautiful music

Maura is very responsive and talented and I’d recommend her for anyone looking to have live music for their wedding ceremony. From the beginning, Maura made it easy to plan her part, which we booked for the guest arrival and wedding ceremony. She has a helpful website and great recommendations. She also played every one of our requested songs that were all of the contemporary variety. And she played beautifully! My only regret is that as the bride, I didn’t hear more of it (we had to wait inside as guests arrived).
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 06/19/2021
    Maura was amazing! She helped us pick the perfect songs for each part of the ceremony and played until every guest had gone inside for cocktail hour! Very easy to work with and very talented! I would highly recommend her!
  • Caroline
    Caroline Married on 06/18/2021

Beautiful Music & Professional

Maura is an extremely talented violinist and we could not be happier with having her as our wedding ceremony music! She did a beautiful job with everything she played and set the tone for our special day, giving us exactly what we wanted. Maura was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. She was responsive, friendly, and professional and we are extremely glad we went with her - she’s the best in the business! If you are looking for an incredible violinist for your wedding day, look no further. We hope we can hire her again someday in the future!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 06/01/2019

Talented Violinist

We had Maura play during our ceremony and cocktail hour for our wedding on June 1st. She did a beautiful job and added that special touch we were looking for our day. Our guests loved the music and ambiance she set. We would highly recommend having Maura play at your event.
  • Caroline
    Caroline Married on 04/20/2019

Simply beautiful!!

Maura made our ceremony one to remember. The peaceful serenade of the violin was the final touch we needed to make our ceremony perfect. Absolutely beautiful performance.
    Lindsey Married on 07/21/2018
    Maura was incredible! Not only is she very easy to work with but she is so talented. I live in NYC and was having a NC wedding. Maura face timed me so I could hear her music. On my wedding day, she played my favorite song, "All of Me" to walk down the aisle to and I will always remember that. Thank you Maura, we highly recommend!
    Megan Married on 06/29/2018
    Maura was easy to communicate with and provided a list of songs to help us choose a song for each portion of the ceremony.
  • W
    Wanda Married on 06/08/2018
    Maura thanks so much for playing for our wedding and cocktail hour ! Beautiful music
    Dina Married on 03/31/2018
    Maura was wonderful! Her beautiful music added so much our wedding. I highly recommend her!
    Andrea Married on 09/30/2017
    Loved Maura! She was so easy to work with, and very responsive to my emails. Her music list was fantastic, and she played other request we had. Very lovely and professional.
    Laura Married on 07/14/2017
    Maura is an amazing musician and a wonderful addition to our ceremony! When we met with her, she gave us several options of music, and was extremely flexible about choices. My now-husband commented, "Is there anything she plays that doesn't sound absolutely amazing?" We highly recommend her!
    Amanda Married on 06/16/2017
    Maura was awesome at our wedding ceremony!! She arrived before the guests and started playing as soon as they showed up. She met with me before the wedding so that I could listen to her play some songs and I was able to choose which songs I wanted played. She did a fantastic job and everyone loved her. I highly recommend her!!!
    Kyla Married on 04/29/2017
    Maura took charge with our wedding and cocktail hour music and I was so releaved! She played beautifully and knew when to play and pause. She was amazing and we recommend her completely!
    Katalina Married on 04/23/2017
    Not only is Maura such a talented musician, but she was so pleasant to work with! The violin music she played just made our wedding even more elegant and classy! Our guests loved her music and we are just so very happy to have had the gift of her playing for our wedding ceremony!
    Rochelle Married on 10/23/2016
    Where to begin? From booking to the big day, working with Maura was absolutely wonderful. In planning our wedding, we had a lesser-known musical piece in mind for my walk down the aisle and were not sure if we would be able to find a vendor able (or willing) to play it. We met with Maura over Skype and not only was she enthusiastic about the prospect of playing the unfamiliar piece that was so special to us (along with every one of our other requests), she grabbed her violin and gave us a mini concert right there over our meeting. We worked out a tentative song list for the ceremony, then finalized it at a later date. Maura had no problem traveling to our venue (to Raleigh from the coast) and she was very responsive and easy to reach in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding. On the big day, Maura was a consummate professional. She arrived early, warmed up while the chapel was being arranged, and played beautifully while guests arrived and were seated. Her performance throughout the ceremony was flawless, and when the time came for that requested song, she performed it perfectly. That moment will forever be dear to our hearts. Working with Maura was truly a pleasure and we would not hesitate to recommend her services!
    Dana Married on 10/22/2016
    Maura is absolutely AMAZING! She is extremely talented, professional and sweet. Maura played for our ceremony and during the cocktail hour – we received so many compliments (and actually have a friend that booked her right after the wedding!). I met with Maura to pick out music and I could not believe how talented she was – she can play anything!! She walked me through the ceremony and played each piece so I could imagine how everything would go. Everything she played was just beautiful. I cannot say enough great things about Maura and I would recommend her to anyone!! Thanks again, Maura!!
    Raphaelle Married on 09/23/2016
    Maura was amazing! The list of songs she gave me was great to choose from, but she was also open to play absolutely whatever we wanted - and she can really play anything! She was very nice and easy to work with. She played before and during the ceremony, and my whole family said it was beautiful!!
    Blake Married on 09/09/2016
    Beautiful music! Maura was awesome, professional, and responded quickly to all of my questions. Highly recommend!!
    Ashley Married on 11/21/2015
    What a romantic and beautiful mood she created for our ceremony and cocktail hour!!! Maura was so helpful and flexible with our song choices and made our ceremony flow very very well!! I highly recommend her for an special occasion!!
  • User2337143 2+ years ago
    AMAZING!!! So friendly and talented. Had so many songs to choose from & sampled many for us. Maura brought people to tears...in a good way! Made a beautiful ceremony!
    Stephanie Married on 08/08/2015
    Maura is amazing!!! She gave me a great selection to choose from (and she can play anything!) Wonderful!! She played at out cocktail hour too!
  • User2210880 2+ years ago
    Maura was wonderful to work with. The music was beautiful and the guests couldn't have more wonderful things to say about her. She was extremely helpful when it came to selecting songs for the prelude! She is a must if you are considering a violinist!
  • User2015659 2+ years ago
    Maura is an incredibly talented violinist and very professional! We hired her to play prelude and ceremony music for our wedding at Brooklyn Arts Center on December 20, 2014. She played beautifully and filled the entire space with delightful music. I couldn't have wished for a better musician. She answered every email in a timely manner and met with us beforehand to hear samples of her music. My husband and I were blown away with how beautifully she plays the violin! Not to mention that her personality is awesome! She made us feel totally comfortable and has a great sense of humor. We highly recommend her to anyone celebrating a wedding or any other special event! Thanks a million Maura!