WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP Reviews

38 | Honolulu, HI

38 Reviews for WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP

38 WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP Reviews

Jessica · Married on 09/25/2018

Book Steph, you won’t regret it! I think Steph was one of the first vendors I booked, over a year before my wedding. She is affordable, flexible, responsive to emails and created the most beautiful hairstyle of my wedding day. The style was so well done, I slept in it over night and it lasted all of the next day. Steph is also super friendly and a calming presence on what can be a stressful day.

WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 1

Takeia · Married on 08/18/2018

I can not say enough about Stephanie Hayasaki! Not only did she make me look absolutely stunning on my wedding day, she showed up with great energy and an engaging personality which really helped me to feel relaxed on my wedding day. Her makeup and hair styling exceeded my expectations, and Stephanie was extremely professional! I am so thankful I found and was able to hire Stephanie! She made me look and feel beautiful on my very special day!

Dayna · Married on 08/18/2018

Working with Stephanie was great! She's very friendly, very flexible. Considering i don't wear makeup, she made me look and feel beautiful <3 I would recommend Stephanie to anyone for any occasion!

WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 2
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 3
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 4
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 5

Tracy · Married on 07/15/2018

I can't say enough about Stephanie, she was accommodating and did a wonderful job with our hair and makeup! I had enough to worry about and it was nice to just sit back and let her beautify all of us. She listened to our needs and we had others join into the fun when they started to see he beautiful results. I would highly recommend her services to anyone and will!

WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 6
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 7
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 8
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 9
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 10
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 11

Chelsea · Married on 07/07/2018

Stephanie was AWESOME! I first met her for my engagement photoshoot/Trial hair and make-up and fell in love with her work. I wasn't too sure on what exactly I wanted but by showing her a few photos, she brought my vision to life. She also did an awesome job with my bridesmaid's, flower girl, and Mother/MIL. I was very happy with how everything came out and would highly recommend her for your event.

WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 12
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 13
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 14
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 15

Amber · Married on 06/15/2018

Steph was amazing!! She kept following up with me throughout the week of my wedding to make sure we were on the same page. Offered to do a run-through prior. Even while doing my hair & makeup she was super professional and comfortable to work with. I’m not one to wear makeup so her knowledge of everything made it so much easier for me to trust her vision. She was fast, and amazing. Thank you so much steph for helping me feel beautiful on my wedding day❤️

WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 16
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 17
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 18

Mandi · Married on 04/14/2018

If you're looking for someone to do hair & makeup for your wedding, look no further! I can't say enough amazing things about Stephanie! Not only is she professional and easy to work with, but she's such a talented artist and will do whatever it takes to make you feel beyond beautiful for your special day!
    I booked Steph to do hair and makeup for my wedding for myself, my 4 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls, my mother and mother in law. I provided her with some examples of hairstyles that myself and my bridesmaids would want and she was able to deliver exactly what we were all looking for! I was really worried about my hair not holding it's curl or lasting through the humidity, but she put my worries to rest and my hair held up the entire day/night.
    Not only did she do a great job on our hair, but her makeup work was stunning and wasn't too much or too over the top, it was perfect! Her goal really is to make you stand out as the bride and she did just that!
    Steph even went a step further and helped make some cute little flower crowns for my flower girls who were so excited to wear them!
    Thank you again Steph for truly making me feel like the most beautiful bride and for providing top quality service to the rest of my bridal party!

Kelly · Married on 01/10/2018

Had a wonderful experience... my hair and make-up turned out perfectly for my wedding day.

WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 19
    WEDDING HAIRSTYLES & MAKEUP 20

Cathy · Married on 08/12/2017

Stephanie and her team did an amazing job. My bridal party looked fabulous for my wedding.

• F

Flor · Married on 07/15/2017

I initially found Stephanie through Wedding Wire, & I could not have been more happier with her. I live in GA, so trusting someone all the way in Hawaii was a bit of a challenge since all communication was through email. Right from the beginning of our email interaction she was super informative, very friendly, and very accommodating! I was simply getting my hair done with her, and my maid of honor was doing makeup and hair with Stephanie. Stephanie arrived right on time, she was immediately friendly and welcoming. She also didn't mind that my MOH was running a little late, either way she got right to work. Again she was very welcoming and made the process go very smooth, she was attentive, and gave advice. My MOH also loved having her! We also did ask her about a few spots in Hawaii that we planned to visit, and she gave us details on where to go, where to eat, etc. She is such a doll, and I'm super glad I booked her! Stephanie, thank you again! You were so very sweet and I'm super glad I was able to have you!

Danielle · Married on 07/08/2017

Stephanie was seriously wonderful to work with. She made sure I loved my hair and tried out different styles with me. My bridesmaids' hair were all gorgeous and she put in fresh flowers that stayed in well. My hair and flower crown did not move at all during the entire night. Stephanie was super flexible when I had to change trial dates and how many ladies would be getting their hair done.

Monica · Married on 07/07/2017

I contacted Stephanie from Australia.I felt relaxed straight away as Stephanie was so efficient and caring the whole time leading up to the big day

On the day she was fantastic, we were all so happy with our hair and makeup.A bonus is she is also so lovely and easy to work with

Thank you Stephanie for helping to make my special day so memorable

Ainslee · Married on 06/20/2017

Planning our destination wedding in Hawaii while living in Australia meant that we didn't have an opportunity to meet with our vendors prior to our big day. Stephanie was prompt and helpful in our email correspondence, but without a trial, I had to trust she would deliver as promised on the day. It turned out that trust was very well placed. Stephanie was friendly, confident in her skills, and came with great ideas for my bridal hair and makeup, and did a great job doing my sister's hair in her requested style. We both loved our finished looks! So happy! Thank you Stephanie!

Jinjoo · Married on 06/04/2017

Stephanie was awesome!! I had her do my hair and makeup and my mom's. It was really easy to talk to her via email. After I did the trial with her, I let her know which part I want to change, and she remembered exactly what and how I wanted on my wedding day. Just let her know what your desire look is then she will make it happen!

jackie · Married on 06/02/2017

Steph made my day stress free with regards to hair and make up for my daughter and I (bride). She was prompt with every email reply which gave me such piece of mind when organising the wedding plans for New Zealand. She asked all the right questions to help meet my requirements for the day. I was 100% more than happy with both our hair and make up. I would highly recommend Steph, she is relaxed and very friendly, I thoroughly enjoyed her sharing the time with us preparing for my big day:-)

Cassie · Married on 05/26/2017

I loved working with Steph. She's very professional and just wants you to love your make up and hair on your special day. I'd recommend her for everyone who wants to look and feel beautiful.

• User6081947 · 2+ years ago

Steph and I went back and forth a few times as people (e.g. the mothers / sisters) kept trying to add and cancel services... She was always extremely helpful and responsive. Her prices are amazing compared to other Hair and MUA, but her work is great! She was extremely flexible with timing and while we did run a little later than expected, everyone was done in time.

I did a trial which was make up only, and rather than having me pay for a full hair trial, instead she did a "rough" trial to show me what sort of thing we would be looking at.

I was worried about the foundation wearing off (I noticed at my friend's wedding, her foundation wore off where her tears were) but the foundation stayed on all night with no need to reapply (I did dab some mineral powder foundation to remove some shine/oil but the coverage was still great). Hair stayed pretty well throughout the night as well.

One comment I had from a guest was "its hard to find someone who can do both hair and make up well, but she did a great job on both".

I unfortunately was unable to say goodbye and thank you to Steph before I had to leave so I texted her thank you and she was so kind and courteous.

I highly recommend her!

Rachael · Married on 05/26/2016

We are based in Australia and were organising our wedding via email. I found Stephanie via Yelp when looking for a hairstylist; I decided to go with her because of her great reviews, prompt replies to emails and her competitive price. In total for hair I had myself, 3 bridesmaids and both mothers. I did not have to meet with Stephanie prior to the wedding day unless I wanted to. In the lead up to the day she re-confirmed time and details. Prior to the day I did send some hair styles I liked, so she had an idea before the day. Stephanie was already set up for when we arrived; she completed all 6 of us in approx. 2.5 hours. Stephanie was very accommodating, I let everyone choose which hair style they wanted and Stephanie did them to perfection. I was very nervous about my hair, as I wanted a particular look but was scared my hair was too short, but Stephanie worked her magic and I was able to have the style I wanted, I loved it! I wore a head piece on the day, Stephanie suggested I add some flowers into my hair too, best decision, I couldn’t imagine my hair without the flowers, it added extra glam and a pop of colour to my hair. Overall, I would definitely recommend Stephanie for anyone wanting their hair styled!

Geña · Married on 05/21/2016

Steph is amazing!! I was very fortunate to have been referred to her and that she was available for my wedding day. She's friendly, professional, flexible, and very talented. Her prices are also reasonable. When I met with Steph for my hair/makeup trial, we had so much fun and I could tell that she really enjoys what she does. The day of the wedding was just as fun, and I loved how everyone's hair/makeup turned out. My makeup felt light on my face and lasted all night! Thank you for everything!!

Rikki · Married on 05/07/2016

Stephanie was amazing! I'm so glad I found her. She knew exactly what I wanted & then some. Her execution of all the hair and make up was indescribable, including her assistant! I loved my hair & make up more than I loved my dress! She's a truly gifted & talented artist not to mention very professional, organized & in control! I cannot even begin to describe how happy I was!!

Shanell · Married on 03/05/2016

Steph is the bestest ever. Steph did 8 people for my wedding and did an amazing job. I went in for a trial not having a clue of what I would like to do and Steph took it upon herself to do a half up half done with curls going every where. I loved it. The make up she did blended very beautifully. The day of my wedding me being the bride I go last so I'm not sweating. Well about two hours prior I decided to change my whole hair style to an all up. Steph looked at me and said of course I can do that anything for you its your day. Steph made it just like the picture without hesitation but had a beautiful smile the whole time. I love her work I love how she spent the whole day at the hotel with us just doing what she does best but being social with us also. It was like she was in the wedding on how comfortable she was with us. Stephs prices are so amazing. Thank you for everything Steph you are an amazing person with amazing work.

Jenn · Married on 02/28/2016

Stephanie is AMAZING! I highly recommend her for hair and make up on your special day! She was punctual, super sweet, & able to get the whole bridal party glamorized in just a few hours! We all looked gorgeous! Not only are her prices very reasonable but she also traveled to our hotel room on Waikiki Beach on a Sunday! We were all really impressed with Stephanie from Wedding Hairstyles & Makeup and would definitely hire her again for any future special occasions :)

Romy · Married on 06/27/2015

Steph was AMAZING!! - I can't say enough about the quality of her service. We exchanged multiple emails before the day of my wedding to make sure that she knew the timeline for day, the number of bridesmaids, my desires for certain styles, and the desire for one bridesmaid to use hair extensions. She was ALWAYS incredibly responsive and reassuring! I have been a part of many weddings, as a bridesmaid, that have run late because of hair. However, even with 8 bridesmaids, Steph worked efficiently and meticulously! I was SO impressed with her ability to take images from pinterest in combination with my vocalized desires to make an amazing style that made me feel so beautiful. Steph is also very easy to talk to and incredibly friendly so she really put my at ease on the day of my wedding. Finally, Steph's rates are very, very reasonable and so I felt that I got AMAZING value for my money. She would be a fantastic contribution to your wedding!

Romy · Married on 06/27/2015

Steph was AMAZING!! I can't say enough about the quality of her services! I reached out to her several times before my wedding at Kualoa Ranch to discuss logistics, timing, my styling desires, and my bridesmaids' needs. She was incredibly responsive and professional every time. I was also so impressed by her ability to be adaptable; she took my images from pinterest and my vocalized desires and made the most elegant hairstyle that made me feel so beautiful. I feel forever indebted to her. I was initially concerned about all of my 8 bridesmaid, myself and my mom finishing in the timeline that I made, especially as I have been a part of weddings, as a bridesmaid, that have run late. However, Steph worked so efficiently that it was not an issue at all. I also loved how Steph made me feel happy and at ease on my wedding day because she is so easy to talk to and friendly. Her pricing is very reasonable so I felt that I was getting AWESOME value! I am so grateful that I chose her as my stylist for my wedding!