Wedding Belle Rev Reviews

82 | Charleston, SC

82 Reviews for Wedding Belle Rev

Lindsay · Married on 02/17/2019

Our perfect fit

Kristen is absolutely amazing. Initially we were just going to have her do our ceremony but we decided to add the pre marital counseling and I could not be happier with this decision. Kristen challenged us throughout the process and gave us “homework” that consisted of having multiple date nights to discuss in depth, meaningful conversations. After having our date nights we would meet with Kristen to review what we talked about. This was a great addition. We got to know each other quickly and she now feels like family. Our ceremony was beautiful and personal. We got so many compliments on how perfect our ceremony was. It was a pleasure working with Kristen and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Oh Lindsay and Dan, Thank you so much!
    It was such a delight to spend time with you and to work with you toward your wedding day. But an even greater blessing is the idea that I now consider you both very dear friends. Thank you for your trust, your fun, your wisdom, your kindness, your integrity, your humor, and your friendship and love. Let's see each other soon! Love you both so much!!!
  • Laura

Laura Henderson · Married on 11/30/2018

An absolute joy!!

Kristen is one of our favorite parts of our wedding day & the entire planning process!!! The best thing about working with her is that she truly cares, and it's clear as day that this isn't just a job to her - but something she's passionate about and really invested in. She truly wants to know and understand you and is a great listener. And I was over-the-moon thrilled with our ceremony! It felt like a perfect reflection of who we are and what we're all about. We got SO MANY compliments afterwards & people really enjoyed the ceremony and said it was unlike any wedding ceremony they've been to before! I really felt like it was the highlight of our wedding. I also LOVED the premarital counseling sessions we did with Kristen. It was so easy to talk to her and we learned so much by chatting with her, talking through things, and doing the homework assignments! I feel like we were able to get really clear on our plans for our future, and delve deeper into a lot of the "why's" and "how's" of our plans & our decisions. She is just great and I will remember our ceremony forever with fondness!!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Oh Sweet Laura! Thank you so much!!
    It was such a delight to spend time with you and to get to know you and your husband. (See what I did there??? "Husband"!! Isn't that the best?? *grin*) You two are pretty special. It was my absolute honor to stand with you on your wedding day. Much love!

Caroline · Married on 04/28/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Kristen! She is kind, loving, professional, funny and talented! A wedding officiant is probably one of the most important parts of a wedding, and I would hire Kristen again in a heartbeat. She provided a wealth of resources, unbiased direction and helped us craft our ceremony so that it was special to us and our family. It had our personality and flavor, and her execution was flawless. She gave the ceremony a reverent feel without being stuffy; her voice is smooth and peaceful. It sounds silly to note that, but any pronounced oddities in speech can be distracting! She helped us through the rehearsal, making sure everyone understood what was happening and preparing us for the next day. She is prompt when responding to emails and even took the time to meet us in person so that she could best understand us and bring it out in the ceremony. You can tell that she loves what she does and it shows. Her fee is so reasonable and worth every penny. If you want a stress-free and beautiful ceremony, hire her!!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Caroline! Thank you so very very much for this review! You are the sweetest! But more than that, thank you a million times for inviting me along to walk this journey with you and you husband. It was such a delight to get to know you, meet your family and friends, and officiate your wedding. What a blessing for me! I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town. Much much love and happiness to you both. XOXO

Lyndsey · Married on 04/28/2018

We were planning our Charleston wedding from Atlanta, so the thought of picking an officiant from a list was a little scary, but the moment we spoke with Kristen on the phone, we knew she would be the perfect person to do our ceremony! We connected right away and decided to do premarital counseling sessions with her as well. This was by far the best decision we made! Kristen was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process and we looked forward to every session we had with her! She truly helped us prepare for not only one of the biggest days of our lives but for our marriage and future. She was always there to provide guidance and reassurance when we needed it and she also challenged us to dig a little deeper in our discussions! We enjoyed every moment! Most importantly, the ceremony was ABSOLUTELY perfect! We had so many people compliment us on our ceremony. The main reason is that she truly took the time to get to know us individually and as a couple and this came through in the ceremony from the readings to her help personalizing our vows, and her own words! She has a true passion for what she does and it shows through her work and it was an absolute pleasure working with her! Not a question in my mind, picking Kristen as our officiant was the best decision we made!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

WOW! I am humbled and deeply touched. Thank you for this!!! It was, absolutely, MY pleasure to get to know you and work with you. I'm delighted to call you my Friends now. I loved all of the work that YOU did for each of our sessions. You took the assignments seriously, but your innate joy was present in each conversation. It was easy to officiate your wedding: I believe in you.
    See you the next time you are in town or Maverick wants to FaceTime with me. :-)
    Much love, K

Margaret · Married on 04/21/2018

Kristen is absolutely amazing! She was such a hit! Everyone at the wedding could not believe we had just met her at the wedding rehearsal! It was like we had known her for years. She was able to write such a detailed, emotional, individualized ceremony, and she had the whole group in tears. She was wonderful to work with, easy to communicate with, and we have heard nothing but positive things about her ceremony. I would recommend Kristen to anyone getting married in Charleston over and over again.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Oh you and your husband (see what I did there? HUSBAND!! :-))) are LOVES! It was such a joy to work with you. And yes, hard to believe that was the first time we had every met. Felt like home, being with you and your friends and family. Thank you so much for trusting me with this important day and for inviting me along. I am very much looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in town. Much love to you both! XO, Kristen

Anna · Married on 03/26/2018

Kristen is absolutely amazing to work with! As a planner, I love when an officiant is prepared and professional, but can also be fun and down to earth. Kristen encompasses all of this. She is so funny and sweet and really connects with a couple, making them feel truly special on their big day. She is one of a kind, and I would recommend her to all of my brides!
    -Anna Yencho, Chancey Charm Charleston

Sent on 05/17/2018

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Thank you, Anna!! You are the sweetest!! I LOVE working with you!! Let's do it more often!!!
    :-)
    XO,
    K

Daniel · Married on 02/24/2018

Simply said, Kristen is AMAZING and choosing her as your officiant will be one of the best decisions that you’ll make throughout your wedding planning process. While planning our Charleston wedding from New York, we were concerned about how difficult it might be to find quality vendors from so far away. Kristen gladly made herself available for video chats so that we could have a chance to get to know her before deciding. By the end of that first video chat, it was a no-brainer¬ – we immediately felt her warmth, kindness, flexibility, and professionalism. Those qualities were front and center all the way through to our wedding day.

A few months before our wedding, we traveled down to Charleston with our mothers for our tasting. Kristen happily met with us for coffee so that we could get a chance to meet her in-person before our wedding weekend. Leading up to the wedding, she sent us so many quality materials to help guide us in choosing readings that fit our personalities and to help us in writing our own vows. She was extremely communicative, helpful, and responsive.

And then there’s the wedding ceremony: Kristen designed a GORGEOUS ceremony and provided us ample time for edits. We honestly barely changed a thing -- it was so, so beautiful! We could tell that she had really listened to us, folding in our own words and personalities into the ceremony. Our family and friends were incredibly touched by the ceremony; many of them said that it was the most beautiful ceremony that they have ever attended. We are beyond grateful to her and so happy to now count her as a friend!

Sent on 04/01/2018

Oh George and Daniel,
    Thank you so so much! It was such a blessing, pleasure, and honor for me to work with you and to officiate your wedding. More than that, it has been a blessing to be invited into your life and call you my friends. I witnessed so much love through this experience. Not only your love for each other, but the mutual love your families have for you. So much Love. Thank you for that gift.
    Big hugs to you both and I can't wait to see you again.

Jackie · event on 08/26/2017

Kristen was so incredible at our wedding (we had so many compliments about our ceremony) that as soon as we were pregnant we thought of Kristen for the Baby Blessing! It was such a beautiful thing to have the same person who blessed us as a married couple, bless our new baby girl and family of three. And she will no doubt do it again to make us a family of four when the time comes again! Kristen is so incredibly easy to work with and accommodating that the entire process was a breeze! The greatest thing about her is she is just so genuine and clearly loves what she does. We not only have an officiant for anything we could possibly need in Kristen, but a good friend as well!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Dear Jackie, Janet, and Beautiful Lily -
    Thank you so much for this sweet sweet review. You are right: we are friends for life now!!! It is such a blessing to me to watch your beautiful family grow from your wedding day through your baby day... and more to come! You have been a gift to me throughout. Thank you so much for trusting me with all the goodness and love that is yours. XOXO

susan · Married on 07/08/2017

Reverend Barner is amazing! She was so attentive to every detail that I wanted in our vows. She took the time to meet with us a few days before the wedding since it was a destination wedding and I wanted to meet her before the wedding day. She is so lovely and warm. I highly recommend her. She helped make our wedding perfect in South Carolina!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Susan, thank you so much for this sweet review! It was a gift to me to get to know you and work with you! Thank you so much for inviting me along on your beautiful journey. I very much look forward to seeing you again when you come to visit Charleston. Much love!

Vera · Married on 06/18/2017

Kristen was a great officiant! She was very easy to contact before the wedding and put together a warm and lovely ceremony.

Sent on 11/23/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Thank you so much, Vera! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Geoff and to meet your wonderful families. Thank you so much for inviting me along to officiate your wedding!! XO

From the moment we first spoke with Kristen, my husband and I knew immediately that we wanted to book her as our wedding officiant. We can honestly say that throughout the entire wedding planning process, we felt nothing but confidence and trust in Kristen’s abilities to deliver the wedding ceremony we had always pictured. With all the stress associated with planning a wedding, especially a destination wedding, it was a relief to find a vendor that put us completely at ease.

She assisted us throughout the whole process, providing us with advice and helpful information, including step-by-step instructions on how to obtain a marriage license in Charleston County. We’re “type A” organized people, so we loved the fact that she developed a “script” for our ceremony so that we were all on the same page about what was said when, by whom, and following what music selection. With her flexible and warm personality, she worked seamlessly with our other vendors and family members to ensure our ceremony was truly about us.

Though we had met her just months before our wedding, we felt like we had known her for some time. When speaking with us in the months leading up to the wedding, she asked us insightful questions about our relationship with each other that allowed us to develop a stronger bond and provided Kristen with anecdotes that she integrated into our wedding ceremony. Many of our guests commented on how personal and touching the ceremony was and complimented Kristen’s humor and charismatic nature.

We wholeheartedly recommend Reverend Kristen Barner!

Sent on 04/22/2018

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Wow, wow, WOW! From the bottom of my heart, a million THANK YOU's!!!!! You made it so easy for me: when I believe in you and your marriage, my job is a beautiful dream come true. Much love and happiness to you both!! XO, Kristen

Rhiannon · Married on 06/11/2017

Kristen was amazing! My husband and I met for coffee with her beforehand and she just listened to us and got to know us. She showed up early the morning of and did our rehearsal the day of the wedding. Kristen is so sweet and we loved having her!

Sent on 11/23/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Oh Rhiannon, thank you so much!! It was such a delight to be able to meet your folks and to spend time with you and Eric. Your notes and cards to me are so appreciated and I adore you both!! It was all my great pleasure! XO

Magill · Married on 06/10/2017

Kristen of Wedding Belle Rev. was so wonderful to work with. She was simultaneously very professional and incredibly warm. The way Kristen put together our ceremony made it so personal and she took all of our wishes into account. We received so many compliments on the ceremony and Kristen from our family and friends. It was everything we hoped for. She also had a ways to travel to our ceremony which we appreciated her doing! My husband and I also did the premarital counseling with her, which I would suggest! It helped Kristen get to know us, which I think was reflected in the ceremony and gave us a chance to really get comfortable with the person who was marrying us- which was great! The counseling gave us a lot to talk and think about as a couple and made us feel closer and ready for marriage. If I had the chance to change anything- I wouldn't! :)

Sent on 07/23/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Magill! Thank you so very much for you sweet sweet review! Your kind words mean so much. It was such a delight to work with you and Kyle! Thank you so much for the honor. And, I'd be happy to travel anywhere for you. :-) With giant hugs from Charleston, XO, Kristen

Tya · Married on 06/04/2017

Kristin Barner is amazing!
    She literally made our special day so much better. Very patient and professional.
    We are so pleased with her process.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Tya and Ray, thank you so so much!!! It was such a joy for me to officiate your wedding. You two are so beautiful together and it was an honor. Let's get together sometime. I'd love to catch up! Cheers to a beautiful new season for you. XOXO

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2017

I don't even know how to begin, except to say Kristen is now someone we call family. My (now) husband and I went through Kristen's premarital course in which there were 4 "homework" activities. Throughout that process, my husband and I learned not only about each other but a lot about ourselves. He and I had lived together for 3 years leading up to our wedding, so several of the "preparing to live together" issues we had already encountered. However, Kristen challenged us to think about things we either had never really thought/talked about or things we had forgotten about.

Most importantly, in the midst of all of planning chaos, it brought us back to ground zero to remind each other of the most important part of it all - our commitment and love for one another. Kristen learned so many parts of us and our relationship, and we always had outstanding meetings with her every time. She helped us write our own vows with the traditional notes included, which was so special to us. My husband and I instantly felt a bond with her, and will hold her near and dear in our hearts forever now. You won't find a better officiant or a better person, trust me.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Dear Jennifer and Tyler,
    My goodness! You are the sweetest. Thank you so much for your kind words and for inviting me into your lives and your wedding. I too felt an instant bond - like we are all long lost friends, together at last. You two are an absolute joy. And, I can't thank you enough for the love and support you offered to me during my medical emergency. I can't wait to see you again. Come to Charleston!! XOXO

Ryan · Married on 05/20/2017

I can definitely say that our day wouldn't have been the same with out Kristen. She was one of the first vendors that we booked when we knew we wanted a Charleston wedding. The ceremony was very important to us, and we felt like Kristen "got us" and what we were trying to achieve in our ceremony. I highly recommend her full service package that includes the marriage counseling Skype sessions. It really helped us get to know one another, and the homework generated thoughtful reflection and conversation. She was so helpful in guiding us in our decisions and crafting a ceremony that was personal, fun and joyful. People remarked that the ceremony was one of the best they had ever witnessed. We 100% recommend Reverend Kristen Barner!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Dear Ryan and Patrick, Thank YOU so much for inviting me along on your journey with you toward marriage. It was such a delight to get to know you and work with you. Everything about you and your ceremony provides my heart with such joy and gratitude. Thank YOU!!! big big hugs to you both! XO

Emily · Married on 04/09/2017

Kristen did such an amazing job at our wedding!! We were located out of town and Kristen was so accommodating and willing to get to know us. Everything turned out wonderfully and I? would highly recommend wedding bell rev!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Emily! Thank you so much!! It was such a pleasure to work with you, meet your families, and officiate your wedding. Happy First Married Thanksgiving!!! XOXO

Stephen · Married on 04/01/2017

Kristen was incredible. Neither my wife nor I are from Charleston so we were worried that we wouldn't be able to have a personal connection with an officiant like we wanted. We ended up doing the pre-marital counseling with her, and in the months leading up to the wedding we really connected. We wanted our vows to be personal, but didn't know where to start - Kristen helped us put together the most beautiful ceremony ever! After the ceremony, just about every guest came up to us and asked how we knew her or how long we have known her for since the ceremony felt so personal. It was truly a day to remember, and Kristen made sure everything went perfectly for us!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Oh Stephen! Thank you so much!! You and your wife (see what I did there? "WIFE"!!! :-) ) are such beautiful souls. It was my absolute pleasure to journey with you toward your wedding day. Thank you so much for this sweet note. And if you ever ever come to Charleston, please let me know. I would be thrilled to see you! Big love to you and Brittany!!

Kristen · Married on 03/04/2017

Choosing Kristen as our officiant was one of the best decisions we made throughout the whole wedding process! She was so easy to talk to, helpful, comforting, professional and fun -- just an all-around amazing person. She made our ceremony so personal and tailored to us - it was exactly what we wanted. She made our large group of guests (250+) feel like they were at a small intimate ceremony. I would recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Kristen, thank YOU so much!!! It was such a delight to work with you and Gray. You had the perfect blend of wanting your ceremony to be personal and fun, meaningful and joyful, and you wanted each of your guests to understand exactly how much they each mean to you. Your beautiful hearts created the perfect day. Love you both!

Kristen · Married on 02/26/2017

Rev. Kristen is simply the best!! The first time we ever sat down with her, it felt like sitting down with a family member. So personable and genuine. We are currently in the middle of our Pre-Martial counseling and absolutely love it! My fiancé and I can't wait for her to marry us!! Choose Rev. Kristen!! You will NOT regret it :)

Sent on 12/08/2016

Oh goodness! Thank you ever so much!!!!! It is absolutely my pleasure!! XOXO

Emily · Married on 02/25/2017

Kristen is truly amazing!!! She gets to know you which makes the day feel so personal and meaningful. Zero complaints!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Emily, thank you so much!!! It was 700% my pleasure. :-)

Renae · Married on 11/24/2016

Kristen is not only an amazing wedding officiant, she is also the PERFECT choice for vow renewal ceremonies.

Both my parents and my husband and me were 'remarried' by Kristen. She takes SUCH special care and attention to bring in important memories and new commitments.

Stop looking further! Kristen is the best!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Guuuurrrl! Thank you so much! It is such a blessing to me to be included in your family's big events. I adore all of you so much. Thank YOU for inviting me along on these beautiful moments. XO

Virginia · Married on 11/19/2016

We absolutely LOVED Kristen!!! She was amazing throughout the whole process. She is so sweet and comforting... we would highly recommend her to everyone!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Virginia, thank you so much! It was such an honor to work with you and officiate your wedding! Thank you so very very much!!!!! Can't wait to see you the next time you come to town. XO

Brooke · Married on 11/05/2016

Kristen was so wonderful to work with! She helped my husband and I through all the details of our ceremony. She was professional and so fun! Even though she does tons of ceremonies, we felt special to her. She really wanted to get to know us. The details of my ceremony were my least stressful part of wedding planning because Kristen was prompt, ahead of the game, and flexible with my ideas. When it came time for the rehearsal she was so easy going and handled our crazy wedding party with ease. You will be in good hands with Kristen, no matter how chaotic you feel like your wedding planning is going, you can scratch "beautiful ceremony" off your list when you work with Kristen. I will be forever grateful that I found her!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Wedding Belle Rev's reply:

Oh goodness! Brooke, thank you so very very much! Y'all were so much fun! And I love how involved your husband (see what I did there? "Husband!") was with all the planning and details. You two are a great team!! Love you bunches. Thank you so much!!

Brooke · Married on 11/01/2016

Kristen was so wonderful to work with! She helped my husband and I through all the details of our ceremony. She was professional and so fun! Even though she does tons of ceremonies, we felt special to her. She really wanted to get to know us. The details of my ceremony were the least stressful part of wedding planning because Kristen was prompt, ahead of the game, and flexible with my ideas. When it came time for the rehearsal she was so easy going and handled our crazy wedding party with ease. On the day of the wedding she was so encouraging and really helped me relax, because I knew I was in good hands. No matter how chaotic you feel like your wedding planning is going, you can scratch "beautiful ceremony" off your list when you work with Kristen. I will be forever grateful that I found her!

Sent on 12/06/2016