WBA Studio Reviews

86 | Punta Cana, DO

86 Reviews for WBA Studio

3.5

Our photographer was Amalia and she did a wonderful job! We were very pleased with her and the pictures she got of our wedding day.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Amber · Married on 12/09/2014

4.2

Working with the WBA studio and our photographer was an overall awesome experience. She was professional, creative and had a great personality. The quality of the photos was really good however you can tell that the photographers are over worked and have to rush from project to project.

Sent on 12/30/2014

3.0

Vladamire was our wedding photographer at the Breathless Resort in Punta Cana. Completely loved him and he did an amazing job!!

Sent on 11/27/2014

3.5
      2.5

I though most of the pictures came out vet nicely however, I was disappointed that there were practically no pictures of us together when we were recessing after the wedding vows! I would have liked more oven view pictures ! The video : when I was walking down. The isle the wave to the groom was cut out and that was his favorite! Also the recessional was basically cut from the video! The video could have been better. When we were saying our vows, there should have been some ocean background as well: full body! The beginning if the video with Rick waiting was lovely! The quality of prints that we received from the resort were horrible! I had to print from the DVD! Then pictures we received from the package were discolored! I would recommend this studio because the photographer was very accommodating and acted professional! A personally meeting before would have been a good idea to set our expectations though!

Sent on 05/09/2015

4.2

Claudia did an amazing job in the short period we had her.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Erica · Married on 11/01/2014

3.0

Ana Maria did a very nice job doing our photographs. This isn't on her but the packages themselves were a bit expensive and inflexible so we gave a lower score for value.

Sent on 11/28/2014

Christine · Married on 11/15/2014

We found Claudia to be very professional and take beautiful photos. We certainly appreciated the option to take home printed copies as well as edited and original digital versions - makes for easy sharing following the big day. Our only improvement would be to better wrangle the guests for the group photo. We had a larger group (50 in attendance) and it proved a bit difficult to get all in picture order only to have the sun shift - causing the entire group to have to shift too.

We particularly enjoyed our fountain setting at NOW Larimar, as it provided a bit more privacy than the beach setting in and amongst the sunbathers. Postcard-esque :)

Sent on 01/05/2015

3.4
      3.0

Would have liked some more time and differing locations for our extended photo session all were on the beach. I asked if we could go get other shots and was told of course and the next thing I knew time was up and we hadn't gone anywhere else. Otherwise very satisfied

Sent on 03/07/2015
  • User4919413 · 2+ years ago

3.2
      2.0

The session was slightly rushed. The photographer was very good and was able to get some great shots but it seemed to be a routine package with no discussion on what type of shots we would like. It was expensive for what was received.

Sent on 03/27/2015

Kate · Married on 02/05/2015

2.0
      3.0

The photos were beautiful but the Video was very low quality and shot at a very odd angle. I could have done better from my ipad. The people in the office did not speak English and it was impossible for us to communicate what we needed when we paid for our photos and video. Based on the original packages we were offered, we paid a lot more for a lot less. We are very happy with our photos but we will need to reprint them all. None of the ones we got printed were retouched.

Sent on 03/06/2015

Jessica S. · Married on 03/12/2020

Ripped off

My husband and I got married at the Now Onyx in Punta Cana in Dec 2019. The photographer was okay during the ceremony, but I'm warning others NOT to pay full-price for WBA's photo packages. I made the mistake of opting into the smallest photo package and paid nearly $300 for only a handful of images. A day or so later, other members from our wedding party were able to purchase ALL 182 PHOTOS that the photographer took of our wedding ceremony for only $100. (Yes, 182 pictures for $100) Vladimir (the photographer) agreed to the deal because his "boss" was out of the office at the time. I feel that my husband and I were ripped off from our own wedding photos and it's upsetting to know that OTHER people out there have ALL of our special photos - simply because they cut a better deal with the photographer. This shouldn't be allowed. We have two friends getting married here in the Spring and Summer of 2020 and I will warn them of this scam. This company simply has no moral values.

Sent on 12/15/2019

WBA Studio's reply:

Hi Jessica!

First of all, thank you for choosing to work with us on your wedding day, your photos came out so beautiful!!!

We completely understand your frustration, from our understanding, your parents purchased the rest of the photos that you couldn't purchase, and it was going to be a surprise, they were going to give you all the rest of the photos as a present once they would get back home.

Well... now, that you know about the purchase of all the rest of the photos, they already uploaded to your online gallery.

Regarding the flexibility ... you had a customized photo package that could fit to your budget, knowing that the wedding photos are important for each couple, and having downgraded in the last moment the photo package.

The responsiveness... your emails were always answered in a timely manner.

Your wedding photos came out more than beautiful and we are really sorry for the situation...

With warm regards,