Waterville Valley Resort Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Rachael
    Rachael G. Married on 07/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful, affordable wedding weekend in the mountains

Waterville Valley made our weekend "destination" wedding dreams come true! We wanted a venue with onsite accommodations so that all our guests from Massachusetts could spend the weekend with us. WV checked all our boxes: tons of hotel options, after-party options at local pubs, a casual but classy vibe, good bathroom availability (not porter potties, important to keep in mind for a tent wedding) and budget-friendly. The welcome campfire on Friday night and the after-party on Saturday night were really nice touches & allowed us to spend quality time with our guests. The newly updated bridal suite for getting ready in is beautiful and we got mimosas & food all morning/afternoon. The Osceola Arbor is breathtaking with the mountains and pond as a backdrop, and the Garden Tent (which they just added string lights & drapery to) is gorgeous and complete with lawn space with lawn games, a fire pit, and plenty of privacy. All of our guests were raving about how beautiful it was up there, how good the food was (and the drinks), and how we could walk everywhere! Erica, our onsite coordinator, was an absolute pleasure to work with and answered all my (many, many) questions in the year leading up to our day. She was so helpful and sweet and I always felt at ease knowing she was putting it all together. Our wedding weekend in the mountains was absolutely perfect and I couldn't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else! We can't wait to come back.
  • Kinsley
    Kinsley D. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

They made our dream wedding a reality

My husband and I got married at WVR on 10.16.21. I don't think there are enough words to express how magical the day was. The very affordable venue is everything we could have ever imagined and more. We did our first look pictures on the top of Mt. Snow, our ceremony at the osceola arbor, and our reception at the tent. The back drop for all of our sites were breathe taking and people (a month later) continue to comment and reach out on how perfect our special day was. If you are considering this venue look no further. Erica and her team will ensure your day goes off without a hitch. She was responsive and on top of every little detail, including a potential rain day plan (thank god it wasn't needed!) Her team were the nicest and most accommodating people I have ever met. They walked me through each step of my day, the tasting was perfect and answered all of my thousands of questions. I can not say enough good things about Waterville. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our dream wedding come true.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Julia E. Married on 09/19/2021

Bride/Groom

We cannot say enough good things about our wedding! We had the most magical day at Waterville. From the chairlift ride for the first look to dancing under the tent we had an amazing day! Erica and Taylor were great and made sure that our day went smoothly- we didn’t worry about a thing! Our guests enjoyed the fact that they could stay in the valley and walk to the wedding! We highly recommend getting married at this amazing spot!!
    Sharon Married on 09/16/2021

Wonderful Venue

We couldn't have been happier with our venue. The venue itself is stunning. Everyone from event staff to hotel staff was just wonderful. Erica was fantastic, she answered all of our questions promptly and tailored our event to our specific needs. She even helped us quickly when our first DJ canceled last minute. We wanted for nothing. We had an incredibly memorable experience for our wedding. So many of our guests fell in love with the venue and want to come back. We look forward to returning to Waterville for many years to come.

Waterville Valley Resort's reply:

We are so happy that picked WV to celebrate your wedding! We really admire all your hard work in creating such a memorable weekend!
  • Sarah
    Sarah T. Married on 09/11/2021

WV is for Lovers

As second home owners in the valley we always knew when we got married we wanted it to be at the top of the mountain. On September 11, 2021 Erika, Abby, Taylor and the whole crew put together the most perfect day for us. Our ceremony was at My. Tecumseh summit and our reception was at the Freestyle Lounge. I wish that I could post picture reviews because words are not enough to describe the perfection of our day. We were able to have a welcome campfire after our rehearsal dinner by Corcoran Pond and we had a farewell brunch at the Freestyle Lounge the day after. There were some staff turnovers in the month before our wedding that initially really stressed us out. We were worried that all the details and planning we had already sorted out would need to be reviewed or that things would get forgotten but that couldn’t be further from the truth. We met the staff the week of our wedding and by the end I felt like they were family. Erica really organized everything she was so detail oriented and really eased our minds. Abby and Taylor really went so far above and beyond the entire weekend. The chairlift staff were incredibly cool and respectful of our guests. They even made my 96 year old grandmother feel very safe and secure. If I had to give you our top 3 favorite moments they would be: 1. The Food - at the tasting in April the food was fine, it was just the standard wedding food no good not bad just standard. BUT at our wedding everyone was raving about the food and it was soooooo good!!! You always hear about how the bride and groom don’t eat, I ate my entire plate of ratatouille and I wanted more. Get the ratatouille- trust me! 2. The transformation of the Freestyle Lounge. Just everything was so perfect and exactly as I’d envisioned. 3. The ceremony at the top - we got married in heaven it was like we were sitting at the top of the world. If you are looking for the perfect place to marry your best friend surrounded by all the people you love then this is the place. Park your car and get lost in the mountains. Can’t thank everyone at WV enough for making our dreams come true. Erica, Abby and Taylor are the dream team!!!! P.S. Book this venue and don’t forget to order the ratatouille!!!

Waterville Valley Resort's reply:

LOVE your pictures!! Thank you for all your kind words.
  • Cammie
    Cammie B. Married on 09/05/2021

Our Dream Wedding Came True

Waterville Valley is such a magical place for a wedding. Our dream was to have a mountain view wedding and a place where our family and friends could enjoy the area for the weekend. We loved that there were so many different types of accommodations for everyone, so many activities for families all within walking distance and you are in the beautiful White Mountains with a panoramic view. We decided to have our wedding on a holiday weekend which was perfect for us because it gave us a chance to spend more time with our family and friends. Waterville Valley offers so many activities for not only your guests but also for the wedding. We started our weekend with a friendly golf tournament, the golf club helped us organize, while the guys golfed the ladies either went for a hike or sunbathed by the lake. Then it was off to rehearsal and a delicious rehearsal dinner put on by Waterville Valley but there are many other options right in town if you wanted something different. After the rehearsal with our wedding party we had a Welcome Camp Fire put on by Waterville Valley where we were able to BYOB and had smores for everyone. The Camp Fire was so cute, very spacious and they took care of everything. For our wedding day, Erica, the wedding coordinator, made the day such a breeze. She really understood what we wanted and was on top of everything. She was so wonderful to work with, very professional, very knowledgeable, and worked with me and our venders to make our wedding dreams come true. Waterville Valley is such an incredible place, we can't wait to come back year after year and relive our magical weekend.

Waterville Valley Resort's reply:

Thank you for sharing your friends and family with us for the special weekend! We loved all your personal touches from your favorite coffee as favors to Disney's closing theme park as the last song!
    Mackenzie Married on 08/14/2021

Best day ever

We couldn't have dreamed of a better place for our wedding. Waterville Valley has always been a special place for us and we knew it couldn't get more beautiful than the Osceola Arbor ceremony site, but what we didn't know for sure was how amazing the crew at Waterville Valley would be. All the way from our first look at the site through all the planning and finally to the day of our wedding, they were amazing to work with. So communicative, flexible and helpful. We can't thank them enough for everything they did to make our wedding day so spectacular!

Waterville Valley Resort's reply:

Wishing you the best!! Thank you for trusting our team with your wedding!
  • Katie
    Katie A. Married on 08/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Summer camp wedding weekend!

I cannot say enough good things about Waterville Valley! It was the perfect location for our wedding. We wanted a fun, outdoor wedding where guests could have a fun time and it delivered above and beyond expectations! We had a welcome campfire with the Next Level Food Truck which was a great start to the weekend. The Next Level Food Truck has the best food and we brought fun lawn games. It was so hot, we all went swimming in the lake after the fire
    The wedding itself was the best day ever! It was so fun to take the trolley to the ceremony location. The ceremony backdrop is so beautiful. The food is also WONDERFUL! Everyone was raving about the weekend and I would 100% recommend this venue to anyone. Erica, the wedding coordinator, was amazing to work with and was so helpful! If in doubt, just book it!!

Waterville Valley Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We had a blast planning your wedding and the Food Truck rehearsal dinner debut. Wishing you and Adam a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Rachel
    Rachel H. Married on 08/07/2021

Perfect Wedding in the Mountains

My husband and I got married in Waterville Valley in August of 2021. We fell in love with the charm of the town nestled in the beautiful White Mountains. We put our initial deposit down in January of 2020 (right before COVID). We went through 3 coordinators in the 20 months of wedding planning. In the end, Erica came to the rescue and did a wonderful job taking over the last month. We are so thankful for her hard work and attention to detail along with extreme patience as a COVID bride. Our wedding was absolutely perfect! We would recommend Waterville Valley to anyone looking to celebrate their wedding in a uniquely beautiful location.

Waterville Valley Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for your kinds words! Your pictures are stunning!!
  • Daneé
    Daneé R. Married on 01/05/2021

A wonderful experience!

Jackie Adams is an absolute treasure. We had our wedding at Waterville this past May, and I couldn't imagine working with anyone else. She is a real professional, she KNOWS what she's doing and makes you feel so special and at ease. She and her team at Waterville made our day completely perfect.
  • Laura
    Laura O. Married on 09/12/2020

Highly recommend !

Working with Chrystina and Conrad throughout the pandemic was like a relief! They were so accommodating and made everything work to make sure every single guest at our wedding was comfortable. Chrystina was professional and friendly and did everything to make sure our weekend was completely stress free ! I could not thank her enough. The food was also fantastic! Highly recommend this venue!
  • Jillian
    Jillian P. Married on 05/16/2020

Amazing Location for a Local Destination Wedding

We loved our wedding at Waterville Valley! Everything you need is in one spot - we were looking for a venue where guests could drive to, park their cars, and never have to get back in until it was time to go home - Waterville is it! Guests made a weekend of it, and had SO much fun.

The team was incredibly patient and helpful to me during the wedding planning process, and especially during the rescheduling/ unknown of wedding planning in a pandemic. They works with me to reschedule, watch state guidelines, and help make sure that I could still have the wedding I was dreaming of. The Waterville Vally Resort staff made sure all of my guests were safe, while still able to have an amazing time amid the pandemic in August 2020. Everyone was safe, healthy, and said it was weekend away they needed.

The food was also excellent. We still have guests who tell us how good their meal was. Chrystina took special care to set up all of my decor and detail touches, and the tent looked amazing. We can't wait to go back to celebrate our anniversary for years to come!

It also DOWN POURED during our ceremony. We wanted to try to fit it in before the rain. The Waterville team was ready (they were watching the radar) - they had adorable clear umbrellas that they handed out to each of our guests and bridal party, so everyone was able to stay (mostly) dry during the rain - which quickly passed once our ceremony was over.

Waterville Valley Resort's reply:

Thank you so much for your raving review!! We enjoyed coordinating your special day and hope to see you soon! It was a beautiful wedding to remember for years to come!
  • Danielle
    Danielle V. Married on 02/10/2020

Highly Recommend!

Our daughter, and now son-in-law were married at Waterville Valley Resort earlier this month and I have to say it was everything we, and they could have hoped it would be. From the wedding coordinators, to the food, the covid restrictions which kept us all safe, rainy weather (which turned to sunshine after the wedding), their staff's ideas/suggestions/recommendations/flexibility were perfect! The bonfire the night before the wedding was supervised by WV staff, which left us enjoying the fire, the smores, and our first evening with family/friends outdoors. The accommodations and lodging were fantastic! The outdoor activities at WV Resort were enjoyed by all during our down time! You made it a wedding weekend to remember and for that we thank you from the bottom of our hearts!
  • Elena
    Elena S. Married on 01/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful experience from start to finish

We loved having our wedding at Watervillle Valley. The coordinators made organizing everything at the venue super straightforward - I loved that so much was built into their wedding package, and they really think of all the details. My husband and I look forward to returning to Waterville to celebrate our special day in the future!
    Grace B. Married on 11/02/2019

Perfect Weekend

We had an amazing wedding weekend at Waterville Valley Resort. Jackie was amazing throughout the entire process from the initial tour to clean up the morning after. The weekend was entirely stress free for me. We had an after party at Legends which was so convenient and had great pizza. Our guests loved the food and the close proximity of everything within Waterville Valley. We couldn’t have asked for anything better and will be back every year to celebrate our anniversary.
  • Amanda
    Amanda B. Married on 10/11/2019

Most incredible Fall wedding

If looking for a wedding venue look no further. We had the most incredible wedding at Waterville Valley this past October. At Waterville Valley you can have a wedding that is truly unique to you. With having so much flexibility we had a wedding that fit our personalities and far exceeded anything we ever could have dreamed of. What we especially loved is that at Waterville you have an entire weekend to celebrate and make memories rather than just one day. Jackie and Christyna made everything about the day effortless so we were able to simply enjoy ourselves and our time with our friends and family. We continue to get so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful and fun our wedding was!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 10/04/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

More than we ever dreamed!

My husband and I got married on Oct 4th 2019 at Waterville. This was the beat day of our lives and we have Jackie and Waterville to thank. They made our dream wedding come true. For 2 years Jackie worked with me every step of the way and on our day her and the team did such an amazing job our day was flawless and even when there were hiccups we had no idea because she took care of them so quickly! The food and ambiance was amazing and the whole team went a above and beyond for such a good price. I would highly recommend them to anyone having a wedding, the views are breathtaking, so many activities for guests and well you will have the best day of your life like we did!
    Claire Married on 09/28/2019

Best weekend ever!!

Jackie and Christyna help to make this weekend the best weekend of our lives! From the Friday night festivities with a campfire welcome party and BYOB get together with friends and family through the whole next Day of the wedding and into the evening or perfect. They were both very calm and coordinated to help make this Day the most beautiful day of our lives. They helped accommodate everything from random questions I had about the ceremony to guests dietary restrictions. We had our reception in the tent which is already beautifully decorated with Birch trees and lights.I would recommend this wedding venue to anyone and everyone thinking about getting married in the mountains. At our ceremony it was a beautiful day all day and we only had 10 minutes of rain but it was during our ceremony and Jackie and Christina were right they are giving out umbrellas for the 10 minute rain we had they were so organized and on top of everything. I can’t say enough about Jackie and the venue! All of our gas said it was one of the best parties they been to in a long time.
  • Leslie
    Leslie Married on 08/31/2019

Gorgeous Backdrop. Incredible Weekend

Waterville Valley was everything we could have wanted and then some. Jackie & Christyna are absolutely incredible and made sure our day went perfectly - no detail was spared! They were readily available throughout our engagement to answer our questions and worked with us through the rehearsal to make sure our day went without a hitch.

The tent was a beautiful setting for our reception and the lawn games were a perfect addition to our cocktail hour. We got married Labor Day Weekend and our guests are still raving about the food!

Also - because Waterville Valley is off the beaten path, it feels like you're renting a town for the weekend - the signs say your name and all the stores have your itinerary so that guests can easily reference where they are supposed to be and when. There is tons to do all weekend long, which meant our guests felt like they had a mini-vacation. As if that wasn't enough, the gorgeous backdrop that is Waterville Valley means your photos are going to be beautiful.
  • Adrienne
    Adrienne Married on 08/03/2019

The best day of my life

Jackie and her assistant Christyna were a dream to work with. The location, setting, and ambiance of Waterville Valley cannot be beat, and the service, attention to detail, and professionalism were top notch. My August 3rd wedding was the best day of my life. Waterville/Jackie and her team have proven experience with hosting weddings, and it shows. Jackie's professional and calm demeanor made the whole process run smoothly. Being able to have guests stay right on site, with everything in walking distance, was ideal and a priority for us since most folks were going to be coming in from out of state and making a weekend of our wedding. If you are looking for a place to have your dream wedding, look no further. Big thanks to Jackie and Christyna.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca Married on 07/26/2019

Magical Wedding Experience

Absolutely the BEST decision we made for our wedding! When we were looking for our location, we looked on a list at every venue in NH. We came across Waterville Valley and we both had an instant feeling… “This is the one!” We contacted them and talked with Jackie. From the first moment of speaking with her there was a deep connection. There is not even remotely enough space to write about working with Jackie (the wedding coordinator), simply put she was just amazing and made some of the most stressful parts just melt away. Her attention to detail was impressive and she helped keep us on track during the whole planning process. She was quick to respond to our many questions and offered great advice. Anything we needed Jackie was right there to take care of and help us out. We even had concerns about some of the landscape and before we knew Jackie handled it. She was literally hauling hoses around the morning of our event to make sure everything was just perfect. Later on in our process, Christyna came on board who was equally amazing to work with.

From an event perspective Waterville Valley offered everything we needed and made us feel welcomed. When we went up the weekend of our wedding our names were all over the town welcoming us. We used the golf course as our rehearsal dinner and it was perfect having the mountains in the background with the sun setting. Such a perfect way to begin our magical weekend. We could write a book about our actual wedding…it was everything we could have hoped for and more. The word that we heard from many of our guests and the word we felt ourselves was… “magical”. I remember looking out of the bridal suite window and being so overwhelmed with happiness, viewing where I was about to marry the love of my life. The ceremony was everything we imagined…but one of our favorite moments was when we were at the edge of the tent, about to be introduced. It was the first time we saw the whole tent set up, all of the details we had spent months putting together and envisioning…but the actual vision literally took our breath away. The tent was so beautiful and they really helped to make it feel like “our” wedding. The staff was amazing, everyone commented on how they took care of things so well.

We had the best After-Party at Legends and dealt directly with Mike the owner, who was awesome! He had plenty of pizza for the guests to munch on, bar stocked and dance floor open for some late-night dancing! Perfect way to end our event and give us more time with our guests. Waterville also offers so many options for accommodations and up until days before did everything they could to make sure all of our friends and family had a room.

We could seriously write a book…Waterville Valley offers you everything you need on your special day!! We thank them all from the bottom of our hearts for our magical wedding day!
  • Courtney
    Courtney L. Married on 07/20/2019

Beautiful wedding venue!

My husband and I got married at Waterville Valley on July 20, 2019 and Waterville Valley was the perfect location. When we looked at Waterville for the first time as a wedding venue and first met Jackie Adams, within the first few minutes we knew this is what we were looking for. Jackie was extremely helpful throughout the entire planning process and everything exceeded our expectations. We had a bonfire on the Friday night before the wedding with s’mores and drinks and our wedding followed on Saturday with our ceremony at Osceola Arbor and reception at the Garden Terrace Tent. Being surrounded by our families and friends at such a beautiful location made our wedding exactly how we hoped it would be. The scenery was beautiful and despite getting married on a hot day, all of the staff at Waterville were absolutely amazing. Highly recommend!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 06/29/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Waterville Valley was the wedding of our dreams!

We got married in Waterville Valley this past June. It was absolutely the best weekend of our lives!!! We have been going to Waterville Valley as a retreat from Boston for years and decided that it was the perfect place to spend our wedding weekend! Jackie, the wedding planner for the venue is amazing to work with! She is organized, responsive and really wants to make your vision come to life! She also provided so many helpful tips that were indicative of her many years of experience as a wedding planner in the Valley! You are completely surrounded by mountains as well as endless natural beauty in the Valley. We loved that our guests took advantage of biking, hiking, golf and many other activities that made the weekend unforgettable. We loved the option of having a "welcome bonfire" the night before our wedding! It was a beautiful night and it was the perfect start to the weekend. This along with many other options to take advantage of the gorgeous White Mountains made our weekend special. We would highly recommend Waterville Valley to anyone!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 06/08/2019

Magical Perfect Weekend

We got married at Waterville in June and it was literally the perfect weekend. We did the fire the night before which I would highly recommend it was beautifully set up and was a great way to talk to some before the day of the wedding. Jackie and Christyna were awesome to work with. Jackie was so responsive and helpful whenever I would have a question, which made the process much easier. Christyna was there the day of and made sure everything was running smoothly. We literally wouldn't have changed a thing she did an amazing job! It was a stress-free day! The set up of the tent was stunning and the food was great. The ability for guests to stay onsite was huge and loved that our guests were able to make it a weekend getaway. We took our first look photos on Snow Mt. I would highly recommend that, the photos were unique and just added to the special moment. It was a magical weekend and was the best day ever!!
illustration stars