Waters Mill, Inc Reviews

41 Reviews for Waters Mill, Inc

• Morgan

Morgan McMillan · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Daniel Wedding

I can’t express how happy the owners made me! They were so flexible with us coming to look at the venue. Jim was such a joy to be around. He was so helpful and thought of things I haven’t. The venue itself is clean, peaceful, and so charming. There is so much history on the property. The gardens and grass are so colorful and well kept. My fiancé and I can’t wait to have our wedding here!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Adreanna

Adreanna Jordan · Married on 09/29/2019

Best experience possible. Didn’t even realize they were there and they were super laid back and friendly. 10/10 would recommend

My wedding day was in September and it was absolutely beautiful and 90% of it was because of how beautiful the venue was. All of my family and friends were in love with the scenery. I wouldn’t wish for any other venue!

Sent on 01/18/2020

We could not have found a better venue than Waters Mill! Rhonda, her family and all of the staff at Waters Mill were wonderful to work with. She was extremely helpful in so many aspects of planning our wedding. She was able to recommend vendors and they also all turned out to be top quality. She has a passion for weddings and will help you make your day more special than you could ever imagine. We are so blessed to have found Rhonda and Waters Mill and it was in our perfect location - Dahlonega!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Tina · Married on 10/07/2017

I can never begin to thank Jim & Rhonda Sheppard and the fabulous Waters Mill team enough for our daughter's perfect wedding this past Saturday! With Hurricane Nate bringing drizzling rain all day long and threatening our planned outdoor ceremony, somehow I managed not to stress about everything because I knew that Rhonda would have everything under control for us. Our prayers were answered as God opened up a few hours of cloudy skies with no rain just long enough for my daughter to have the beautiful garden wedding of her dreams! If anything went wrong, then I never knew about it! The flowers were gorgeous, the food was fantastic, the flow of the evening was handled flawlessly, and we had so much fun! A wedding is supposed to be fun and enjoyable as you celebrate two very special young people starting an exciting new life together. Waters Mill and everyone who contributed to Travis & Allie's special day were nothing short of perfection!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Lynn · Married on 09/30/2017

Rhonda and the team at Waters Mill made our day perfect. They made planning the big day much less stressful. The first time I stepped foot on those grounds met Rhonda and her mother, I knew it was the place. We got married September 30th so the grounds, weather and gardens made for a perfect outside ceremony. I would also suggest using their vendors... our cake was delicious, flowers stunning and our DJ was visibly having so much fun it made sure that no one was sitting for most of the wedding. I would recommend this venue and team to anyone!!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Nancy · Married on 09/17/2016

We recently had our wedding here and let me say that it was everything that we had ever dreamed of. The grounds are beautiful, we were not looking for an outside wedding, but the grounds were so beautiful that we changed our minds. Rhonda and Jim are both wonderful people that really care about what they do. The staff here are all amazing, they are all very attentive and kind. Our wedding coordinator Olivia was great! She is great at what she does. She made sure that we were kept in the loop of what was going on and made the day run very smoothly. Olivia made sure that we stayed on schedule and that everyone knew where they were supposed to be. Rhonda has a gift for what she does, her and her staff treat you like family which is part of the reason we decided to have our wedding there. For us Rhonda and Jim solidified our decision, both are genuinely good people that want to help you make your wedding the best day of your life. When I say you will be taken care of, you will! The cake and food were delicious, since the wedding we have been getting compliments on both. The food was so good we had people asking for seconds. Our flowers were absolutely beautiful, I was in love with everything. Waters Mill made planning a wedding as stress free as wedding planning could be. If you have your wedding here use her vendors, everything was amazing and there is no need to look elsewhere. Clay with Brickhouse DJ is absolutely amazing, he had us dancing all night.
    Josh and Nancy 9/17/16

Sent on 09/22/2016

Jennie · Married on 04/01/2016

Do not hesitate for one second in having your event at Waters Mill. Rhonda & Jim provide top notch service, hospitality and are just genuinely good people. They are very easy to work with and they go above and beyond to not only make your event special, but to make you feel like a part of their family. They were exactly what we were looking for in a venue and more!!!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Deanna · Married on 12/20/2015

I LOVE WATERS MILL!!! I was probably too laid back of a bride and then life happened and I ended up working six days a week for a month and half leading up to the wedding (was not expecting that to happen). So all my ideas and plans of "I have plenty of time to get things done"... out the window! Rhonda kept me on track and made sure I was prepared and had everything I needed! The setting is BEAUTIFUL, the grounds are immaculate, and the staff is fantastic! Plus the food is out of this world! I wish I could give her more than 5 stars! Without Rhonda and Waters Mill I don't know what I would have done. Our wedding only happened because of her and it was perfect!

Sent on 02/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

There could not have been a better choice than going with Waters Mill for our wedding. I knew it from the moment I stepped foot on the grounds and couldn't help but smile. There is a certain feeling about the place -- it feels special and magical somehow. I think it's an especially perfect place to have a simple, rustic/vintage, elegant wedding. My taste is minimalist and elegant, and Rhonda saw my vision.

Waters Mill gave me peace of mind as a bride. No matter how nervous I was before our meetings, I left every meeting with Rhonda feeling more at ease. It helped that they have so many vendors that go directly through them. If you want, Waters Mill can really meet all your needs -- photography, DJ, officiant, everything. We used their catering, cake, DJ, and floral. They also serve as day-of coordinators - I think they do this for every wedding they have.

Waters Mill performed every role flawlessly. The food was perfect. The cake was a beautiful, simple tiered cake, just like we asked for. We sent our DJ a Spotify playlist of the kinds of songs we wanted at our reception, and he filled in the gaps with music that was perfectly on-point. The floral was my favorite -- you'd have to be crazy not to go with their floral -- Rhonda seems to have an encyclopedic knowledge of flowers, and she knew exactly what I wanted and completely recreated my vision when I showed her 3-4 Pinterest pictures. Their day-of coordination saved our lives, and they were flexible when things went wrong. Rhonda was genuinely sweet and treated us incredibly well, and didn't bat an eye or pressure us AT ALL when we tried to keep costs down.

Basically, choosing Waters Mill was the best decision we could have made. You'll have to visit, though, to really understand.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Reba · Married on 05/01/2015

Waters Mill Wedding and Event Facility was the perfect place to hold our rehearsal dinner. The event space and grounds are extremely w ell kept and gorgeous! From the start Rhonda was a pleasure to work with! She was interested in what we envisioned for our event and worked with me to have the experience we wanted at our budget. Her staff is efficient and attentive. Our cocktails on the lawn was flawlessly moved onto the porch to avoid the rain. The guests and the bar were moved effortlessly in a matter of minutes! Once inside for dinner our guests were treated to a buffet that was both beautiful and delicious! My guests kept telling me all night how much they liked the food! The staff was courteous and efficient. I have never been able to relax and enjoy an event as much as I did at Waters Mill. Rhonda and her mother were great in helping with the table decorations too! Our rehearsal dinner was a wonderful start to our wedding weekend in Dahlonega!! Please don't miss this venue! Waters Mill Event Facility prides itself on customer service and they truely deliver!

Thank you so much Rhonda! Our rehearsal dinner was everything we wanted and more!!

Reba Yeager May 2017

Sent on 06/25/2017

Rhonda and her staff take great care of the bride, groom, family and guests. They make sure that all of the details are taken care of. The flowers were beautiful and the food was awesome. Almost all of my guests commented on the fabulous food. It is a beautiful setting and a great venue.

Sent on 01/05/2015

Kate · Married on 11/08/2014

Rhonda and the staff at Waters Mill are simply outstanding. The care, attention and level of service are top-notch -- all while Rhonda manages to turn (in my case) fragmented ideas into a beautiful wedding and reception. Rhonda was also great at managing my parents' expectations while ensuring the wedding and reception fit my husband and I. My flowers were stunning, and the photography is simply excellent.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Sue · Married on 10/11/2014

Waters Mill provided an absolutely beautiful setting for my daughter's wedding. Rhonda was wonderful to work with, taking my daughter's vision and making it reality. She answered all of our questions and guided us when we needed it. Her staff is the absolute best. They were friendly to all of our guests but looked and acted professional. The food, flowers, DJ, photographers, and bartender were everything you could want. I can't imagine planning a wedding without these wonderful people handling all of the details. I would highly recommend Waters Mill for any occasion, especially a wedding where so many of the important aspects are handled in a caring manner by people who take pride in their work.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Kim · Married on 09/20/2014

Rhonda & her crew are AMAZING! The attention to detail was beyond exceptional. The food was delicious. People still comment on how tasty everything was. My sister-in-law even hunted down the recipe for one of the dishes served at the reception. When our limo driver got lost, Rhonda insisted on going to find him to ensure we had the send off we planned. He was over 45 minutes away! We of course said no, but the fact that she even offered blew my mind! That kind of customer service is unheard of! Rhonda is always quick to respond & forever patient with this girl who had no idea what she wanted. I pray Water's Mill is still in operation as my husband & I celebrate our milestone anniversaries. I highly recommend WM!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Heather · Married on 05/03/2014

As a bride with not a clear vision, Waters Mill made all of my wedding day dreams come true. Rhonda is very easy to work with and the entire process was stress free from their end. I have received many compliments from my guests about every aspect of the wedding. (Oh, and the food is to die for) I wanted my wedding planning to be as stress free and simple as possible and Rhonda and her staff by far exceeded my expectations. You guys rock!!!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Rob · Married on 07/20/2013

Our son and his wife were married at Waters Mill this past week end.
    I cannot rave enough about this venue and the staff. In 1 month they put on the most fantastic wedding for my son and daughter in law. We had absolutely no issues. The food - cooked on site, flowers in their own shop (we organized the photography ourselves as my brother is a pro) but would have been as happy with them doing the photography - on site as well. This is a one stop shop - you can be as involved or un-involved as want - they are fantastic. I will tell people far and wide about our great experience here. We even had the rehearsal dinner there (they would have delivered the food anywhere we wanted ) We had the dinner on the covered porch there and all I can say is I am still thinking about the food 5 days later...what a spread. 10 out of 10 for Waters Mill. My son is active duty Army and was away at Ranger School and is about to ship out to Hawaii and there really was no time to arrange this and left everything up to them. A BIG THANK YOU WATERS MILL - YOU ARE THE BEST.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Kerri · Married on 12/05/2012

I would highly recommend Waters Mill Event center. The staff, atmosphere, and food were impeccable. Water's Mill went out of their way to accommodate us. We are a non-profit organization and Water's Mill went beyond what we could have imagined in making our event an amazing opportunity to show our appreciation to our donors. No matter what circumstance presented itself they rose to the occasion to meet our needs. They surpassed our wildest imaginations in planning and implementing our celebration. I would HIGHLY recommend Water's Mill and look forward to working with them again.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Brenna · Married on 11/03/2012

The staff at Waters Mill could not have been more wonderful. As a nervous bride, its always great to have an event coordinator you can count on to take care of everything on your big day. The flowers were more stunning than I even imagined, the decor was magnificient, and I heard from all of our guests about how amazing the food was. Every last detail was tended to and I couldn't be more pleased with how the day went. On top of that, the photographer was perfect. He took great photos but wasn't overly intrusive on the day like I have heard some are. I would highly recommend this venue to any bride to be.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Keisha · Married on 10/13/2012

Our wedding was AMAZING!!!! Rhonda did an excellent job of executing my vision. Waters Mill is a beautiful venue and a great value. Definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Hey Rhonda,
    We had a blast at Waters Mill! Everyone just loved the atmosphere inside and out, they thought that your venue was so beautiful. I want to thank you so much for helping us create wonderful memories, everything ran so smoothly. Caleb and I enjoyed every minute. Please let me know how to get the photos and when they will be ready. Again thank you for a wonderful wedding! I loved my flowers:)

Sent on 09/25/2012

Amanda · Married on 06/09/2012

Absolutely amazing service and food. I did not worry about anything on my wedding day because the Waters Mill staff handled everything with professionalism and effeciency. Their goal was to make our day beautiful and memorable, they succeeded and exceeded all of our expectations. All of our guests had a wonderful time and have continued to comment on how great of a time they had, how friendly the staff was, and how amazing the food was. I would recommend Waters Mill to anyone and assure them that they can expect perfection, because their event will be perfect just like ours was!

Sent on 12/02/2012
  • Mandee

Mandee · Married on 04/21/2012

When I first got engaged, I immediately began looking for venues since our date was less than 10 months away. I looked for two weeks straight and could not find anything to match my vision. My sister found Waters Mill on-line and as soon as I saw the pictures, I knew I had to see it in person. After visiting the venue, I could not imagine any other place to get married but there! It is a beautiful setting in the North Georgia Mountains. The mountains in the background, horse pasture across the street, outdoor gardens, just beautiful. I contacted Rhonda to take a tour right after a holiday. She was more than accommodating. I paid the deposit and everything was set. Not only is Waters Mill a wonderful venue, the staff is amazing, and Rhonda goes above and beyond the call of duty. My wedding was supposed to take place outside, but since it had rained the week before my wedding, they quickly moved everything inside. I did not want to ruin my dress and she was more than understanding. They made my day worth remembering. I had my flowers, food, cake, photography, EVERYTHING done through Waters Mill. Everything was perfect! The food is abslutely amazing; I had so many comments on how wonderufl it all tasted. And our cake was a hit! We could not be happier with the service we received at Waters Mill. Rhonda, Jim, and the entire staff go out of their way to make you feel like a part of their family. And I am so thankful to be a part of the Waters Mill Family! Thank you all so much for your dedication and hard work to make my day absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/08/2011

Thank you so much Rhonda, Jim and Waters Mill family!! We are so happy about how our wedding turned out!!! It was even better than we could have ever imagined thanks to Rhonda's wonderfully creative mind!! Their food is absolutely delicious...we wish we could have it all the time!! And the pictures Jim and Kevin took we're amazing. Thank you so much guys!!!! Amanda and Mickey Sanders

Sent on 05/26/2011

Tina · Married on 04/02/2011

Rhonda, Jim & Waters Mill Family, Thank you so much for the amazing wedding you provided our families with. Everything was beautiful. Our families and friends are still raving about the facility, food, grounds and service. Can't wait to see the disc. We love yall.

Sent on 04/11/2011

Allie · Married on 08/14/2010

I wish I could describe just how much I loved my wedding but words don't do it justice!!! It was the wedding I have always dreamed of, and Nat and I can't stop talking about it. Everything was perfect!! I am so blessed to have found Waters Mill, I know it wouldn't have been the same anywhere else!!!

Sent on 08/27/2010