Watermark Country Club Reviews

Rating 4.2 out of 5, 13 Reviews
View more information

4.2

Stephanie F. Married on 10/02/2020

Wonderful venue to work with (even through COVID)

We had originally booked Watermark for their ballroom space for our May 2020 wedding. We ended up having to push the date to October 2020 and move it outdoors. Throughout the entire process Watermark's coordinators were were so incredibly helpful. We had a different coordinator assigned to our event initially and she was great to coordinate with through our meal tastings and when we had to move our date for Covid. Due to Covid layoffs we ended up working with Rylin for our event and she was absolutely incredible. She answered all of my emails/calls promptly and if she didn't know the answer to a question she found it as soon as she could. She really helped me navigate Covid restrictions and overall helped me feel comfortable having our event at Watermark. The property itself is beautiful inside and out. We had our ceremony on the patio and reception outdoors in a tent (that Watermark had rented for all their outdoor brides once Covid hit). The food was incredible, tasting better than I had remembered it at the tasting! All of our guests complimented the quality and portion size. The waiters and bartenders were also extremely friendly and did their job well. Overall we had a wonderful event and I would definitely recommend having your wedding at Watermark!

Watermark Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie! It was really a pleasure to work with you on your big day and we are so grateful you stuck with us through all of the changes this summer/fall.
    Congratulations again and best wishes to you both!
    Rebekah Married on 04/01/2017
    We've been married for almost a year and people STILL are raving about our reception at Watermark! Chaparral and her staff worked so diligently through every step of the process and were always ready to answer any questions and fulfill any request that I had. Our guests loved the food, the atmosphere, the outdoor patio - we are SO happy with our choice to use Watermark for our special day and I know that any bride who picks them will not be disappointed! :)
    Katie Married on 08/15/2015
    We worked with Angela for our wedding and she was such a joy to work with. She had lots of recommendations and was always so responsive and nice whenever we had questions. The food was great too!
    Laura Married on 10/04/2014
    We loved working with Chaparral and the rest of her banquet staff!! I had no issues through the planning process! I had a fun time making the diagram different seeing they have such a large space to work with, the food was amazing, the banquet staff was amazing to my husband and I and our parents, and they were flexible day of with any changes we had. The new renovation is beautiful and can compliment any wedding style!
    Melissa Married on 04/05/2014
    We loved this venue! Angela was fabulous to work with, easy going and ready with information! The entire reception went smoothly and we had no problems. The food was wonderful and we had many compliments!
    Alexandrea Married on 05/19/2018
    The Watermark was such a wonderful venue to work with. Elise was very helpful in planning and was very responsive when I had a million questions and changes to make. The space itself is prettier than any pictures do it justice. Our guests were wowed by how beautiful the scenery was looking out onto the golf course. It was an absolutely perfect venue for our big day.

Watermark Country Club's reply:

Thank you, Alex! It was a pleasure preparing for your day with you. You sure picked a beautiful set up and took great care of your guests.
    Best wishes for a happy, hopeful future!
  • User2589063 2+ years ago
    The day off the wedding was spectacular. The venue looked gorgeous. Most guests I spoke with commented on the gorgeous views, the delicious food, and service that was provided to them by watermark staff. I would absolutely recommend this location to couples looking for a venue.
    Alex Married on 09/20/2014
    So So pleased to have used Watermark as my reception site. My day turned out just as I had hoped it would. The venue is just beautiful. It was recently renovated and turned out gorgeous. Mid-way through wedding planning, a new event manager was hired and she took over helping us make our choices. I was a little concerned having a new person start, but Chapparel was great. She was so responsive and answered any questions I had!

The food at Watermark is very good. They have a great selection of entrees and appetizers and my guests raved out them all. It's nice to know you're not serving boring banquet food!

The grounds are beautiful and we were able to take pictures on the course right outside the main building. So nice!

Overall, I have no complaints and I'd recommend Watermark to anyone looking for a nice facility to hold their wedding reception.
    Katie Married on 05/28/2011
    Watermark is so simple and elegant, an excellent value with no room rental fee. The views of the golfcourse are certainly ideal. The staff is very warm and they do everything in their power to make your day very special.
    Chris Married on 07/11/2008
    Our wedding reception at the Watermark was wonderful. The food was great and all of our guests were amazed at how quick and effecient the kitchen/waitstaff were. Everyone got their food at once and it was all steaming hot. I did ask for a vegan meal for some of my guests that came out as just vegetarian but when I mentioned to it waitstaff they had new vegan meals out in minutes and my friends said they were amazing.

I was a little disappointed with the communication with events coordinator before the wedding. It was just a littler bit harder to get a returned call or email from her than I would have liked. That being said she did always get back to me and was very helpful. I was also very please that I was able to drop off all the my decor items the day before the wedding and the staff did all the set up according to the directions.

I am glad I had my recception here and would do it again.
  • User2176402 2+ years ago
    We had our wedding reception at Watermark. The venue was beautiful and we thought the food was good. We were a little disappointed with the attention to details, though. Our coordinator would follow up on things I had provided multiple times and missed a few details at the reception that she had actually suggested, stating that it was not in her notes. If you use Watermark as your venue, be sure to get EVERYTHING documented, even little things.
    Angela Married on 05/20/2011
    May 2011, we had our son's rehearsal dinner at the FireRock Room at Watermark Properties' FireRock Grille Restaurant. It was a BIG disappointment, and for reasons listed below, down-right embarrassing.

(BTW: We did send a note of dissatisfaction along with our check for final payment and deliberately waited to hear from them before posting a review. But, we never heard a word of concern back from either FireRock Grille or Watermark Properties. They did, however, cash our check.)

Door to loud dish room left open. After a full half-hour, my husband had to finally get up and tell them to close the door to the very loud dish room and keep it closed. (That was horrible...especially, I'm sure, for the people seated right near the service door.)

Tacky sundae bar. Because we had children present, we thought it would be fun to have a sundae bar after the prime-rib dinner. And at the price we paid, we of course assumed it would be presented in a tasteful, appealing manner. Nope! Not even worth describing...just pathetiic.

Centerpiece candles and mirrors NOT there. The candles and mirrors that were to be provided at center of tables were not there upon our arrival. So, outside of place settings, the tables were BARE! Fortunately, we brought very full flowers as center pieces which were supposed to be in addition to the candles/mirrors.

Lighting. Though there was plenty of light through the big, beautiful windows when we arrived, as the sun set there was no compensation for the dimming light, especially since there were no candles on the tables! By the time, people left, it looked as though the place was closed and we didn't know how to turn lights up or down.

Though it's a beautiful place with a beautiful view...what they deliver is NOT worth it!
  • Alexis
    Alexis M. Married on 10/03/2020

... and I haven’t even had my wedding yet

Very disappointed with this venue already and I haven’t even had my wedding yet. Please take the previous reviews to heart, the communication here is the absolute worst and many things are missed.