Waterloo Village Reviews

Waterloo Village 6
Waterloo Village 7
  • Jamie

Jamie · Getting married on 10/11/2019

stunning venue, amazing food, wonderful staff!

I havent even gotten married yet and I'm already raving about this venue. We didn't want to go with a traditional ballroom look, we wanted something more unique and personal. Waterloo checked off every box for us. It was rustic without being too country and can easily be dressed up to suit our look. There's a fire pit for smores, cornhole for cocktail hour and some of the most phenomenal food I've ever had from a caterer. I've been to several tastings at other venues and none could even hold a candle to waterloo. Beyond the sheer selection they offered, the quality was fantastic and there were so many unique options, not just your standard "beef, chicken or fish". Knowing the food is locally and seasonally sourced was the cherry on top. We knew within 5 minutes of being there that this was our spot. Maria is a gem and has been so sweet and helpful with the planning process and answering my 1000 questions. Tessa is my coordinator and she's been great as well. I absolutely cannot wait until october, I'm counting down the days!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Julianna

LARRY PEOTTER · Married on 06/28/2019

Dream wedding @ waterloo

Our wedding at Waterloo Village was truly a dream!!!! They are amazing over there... HIGHLY recommended. Our guests cannot stop raving about the venue and the food!!!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Amanda Calello · Married on 06/01/2019

Waterloo Village and JAM Catering was amazing!

I don't even know where to start. From the day we toured and booked Waterloo with Maria we were over the moon with our choice. Kasia was our planner and I cannot say enough about her. This woman definitely knows what she is doing! Every question was answered immediately. Every nerve calmed.
    The day was magical and we couldn't ask for more. Kasia, thank you for making our day even more than we could've imagined.
    Xo

Waterloo Village 10
  • Sofia

Sofia · Married on 05/24/2019

Perfection with Ease

During one of the most stressful times in our lives, my husband and I were able to collaborate with Christine who ensured that our wedding day was nothing short of perfection. Her ability to coordinate allowed for us to relax and enjoy the planning process. On the day of the wedding we were greeted with contentedness while we enjoyed our family and friends with the help of JAM's spectacular cuisine and service. Truly the most wonderful place to celebrate love!

Sent on 08/18/2019
    Waterloo Village 11
    Waterloo Village 12
    Waterloo Village 13
    Waterloo Village 14
    Waterloo Village 15
  • Lisa

Lisa Merring · Married on 05/11/2019

Spectacular experience! Fabulous organization!

We hosted our daughter’s wedding at Waterloo Village in Stanhope, NJ. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. From the rehearsal to the final dance, everything was perfect. The food was amazing, the staff couldn’t have been more attentive and the attention to detail was on point. The day we signed the contract Maria made us feel so comfortable and confident in our decision. She was responsive, listened and helped when we needed her support. Kasia, our Venue Coordinator, was incredible. I’m convinced there’s nothing she can’t do. She also listened, addressed all of our questions, came up with solutions and ideas - and even after probably hundreds of questions and challenges, became a friend! I don’t know how to give JAM and Waterloo a higher recommendation. The entire organization was spectacular. Thank you!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Waterloo Village 20
    Waterloo Village 21
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 05/04/2019

A perfect venue for our perfect day

We knew right away that we wanted to have our wedding at Waterloo Village since it holds a special place for me personally. We found the planning process to be a breeze and were so glad that they had time lines and such in place to make the process easier. What we didn't count on was having such an amazing event coordinator. Kasia was such a pleasure to work with. She was able to work with the catering team to get us a custom flavor for our cake, with a tasting cake to try before the big day. Meeting with her was wonderful as she's so organized and was able to help us figure out not only what we had forgotten, but also things we wanted that we hadn't even considered. She was able to execute our vision perfectly, and we couldn't have been more pleased. The food was amazing and all our guests were so impressed with the attention to detail, the quality of the food, and how much fun it was. Kasia was so great at relieving us of some of our wedding stress and the day of all we had to do was show up and enjoy ourselves knowing that everything else was handled. She even went above and beyond and advocated for us with our hotel who mishandled our reservation! We were so lucky to have her on our team!

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Waterloo Village 26
  • monica

monica · Married on 04/27/2019

Best. Wedding. Ever.

Waterloo Village was everything we we're looking for and more. When we started the process of looking for a venue we knew we wanted something rustic and we knew we wanted something with air conditioning. (we aren't that rustic) Initially, when we started looking we kept coming across different barns and other rentable spaces where we would have to bring everything in, tables, chairs, even dance floors in some cases. Then we stumbled upon Waterloo Village, we went to visit and they had every detail that we're looking for, everything was perfect, the tables, the chairs, little lighting details, giant fire places, a fire pit, a wood fired brick oven for pizzas, a sperate building for the cocktail hour and the gorgeous back drop of a the State park. It was the only venue we looked at and we signed two days later.
    We booked in October of '17 our date was 4-27-19 so we had plenty of time to plan. Waterloo has multiple open houses throughout the year so you can go up and get a feel for the space and ask questions, get measurements, or bring in your outside vendors to check out the space. We went up multiple times and really utilized these open houses to customize our day, plus we really liked going up there just to check out the park which has a canal and a little waterfall and great old buildings that were really great back drops for our pictures.
    We did our tasting in March of '18, we realized we got so swept up in the look of the venue that we never tried the food. Waterloo does their tastings in groups based on when your date is. It is set up like a mini wedding, you and other couples go to a cocktail hour and then to the main building for a dinner and dessert. THE FOOD IS AMAZING. We were totally blown away everything was so good. Also during the tasting there are outside vendors that are also invited, and it was great being able to talk with other couples to share ideas about planning.
    About 5 months before our date we were assigned our planner, Kasia. Kasia was great, when we first met we hit it off right a way, we started with finalizing our menu and creating a plan for day-of. Over the next few months is when the real nerves start to hit and whenever we needed her Kasia was there to calm us down and tell us we were doing great and on track with our day. As we got closer she also helped us organize our outside vendors (florist, photo, photo booth etc) and make sure everyone was on the same page and taking alot of the burden and worry off us.
    The day of was AMAZING. Absolutely perfect. Everything went seamlessly. Everyone raved about the food. All of our small details were perfectly in place. Kasia made sure we stayed on track all day, even found us ten mins to decompress after the ceremony and get ready to enjoy the night. We had people contacting us the week after the wedding and telling us they were still on a high from the day. We absolutely loved Waterloo Village. If you're looking for a Rustic type venue with really top notch food and a beautiful background, I don't think you will find one better than Waterloo in New Jersey.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2018

I walked into an open house this morning at Waterloo after our wedding last night and told every couple I saw to have their wedding there!! Everything was absolutely beautiful and SO easy (which is all a bride can ask for)! Christina was our planner and always took her time with us, answered every question, no matter how silly, and made our day perfect! Our guests couldn’t stop talking about how cool the venue was, how good the food was (especially the bbq in a jar at the cocktail hour), and how much fun everyone had. JAM thought of everything; snacks and champagne in the bridal suite, chauffeuring our elderly guests up the path via golf cart, pre ceremony drinks, checking in to make sure we were having the best day, a pizza and s’mores after party, etc. Even with a big group (197), they made everything so, so easy!

I can’t thank Christina and the rest of the staff at Waterloo enough! This place is awesome!!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2018

JAM at Waterloo was MAGICAL!

Maria Weingrad (General Manager) and Kasia McManamon (wedding coordinator) from JAM at Waterloo were absolutely fantastic! Not only did my husband and I feel at ease the moment we met Maria and Kasia, but the venue was exactly the vibe we wanted! Waterloo Village is such a different, rustic and beautiful place. We couldn't imagine ourselves getting married anywhere else. To know Maria and Kasia is to love them! They answered my millions of questions without any hesitation, and were incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. Kasia made the flow of my night PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help execute our special day. I felt like I didn't have to worry about anything because I knew everything would be handled properly. And it was! The ambiance, food and after-party on site was perfect! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about JAM. Thank you again for making our special day so perfect! We will always look back on October 5th, 2018 with nothing but fond and positive memories! We hope our paths cross again in the future!!!

Love,
    The Rozzis

Sent on 11/09/2018

Ryann · Married on 09/29/2018

To say that our experience at Waterloo was perfection is an understatement! The moment I set foot on th grounds I knew this was where I wanted to be married. The administrative staff was so helpful from start to finish. The venue itself is breathtaking and filled with character. The food was beyond anything we could have hoped for. Our wedding planner Kasia was a dream, a lifesaver and now a lifelong friend! As someone with sever anxiety with her in my corner I was able to be completely relaxed the entire day and I walked on cloud 9 the entire time!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Waterloo Village 33
    Waterloo Village 34
    Waterloo Village 35

Samantha · Married on 09/28/2018

My wedding was the best day of my life and that is because it was at Waterloo. From the moment we stepped foot on the property I knew that we would get married there. Not only was it a place that we have been so many times and adore but the property is just amazing !! We left the day we booked with tons of menu options,
    Add on's, estimated price per person, and more. Everything was organized and thorough. At about 6 months we met about 1x per month plus lots of other times when we went to measure something. So besides for the fact that Waterloo's buildings are gorgeous their caterer JAM is amazing ! The food is sooo fresh and just about every person told me that the food was the best ever had at a wedding . It is all farm to table so it was so fresh. They went around that night to make sure everyone with an allergy was taken care of .I could go on for hours about how fantastic Waterloo is but I'm going to end with if you want a rustic venue with beautiful venues and fantasric food go to Waterloo. You will not regret it.

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • melissa

melissa · Married on 09/15/2018

We had our wedding just a few weeks ago (September 15) and it was truly a dream come true. Waterloo Village is an absolutely stunning location and such a gem. I grew up going on field trips here and when I learned that we could host our reception here, I was so excited. From the very start, Maria worked with us as we set our wedding date and was always so warm, friendly, and accommodating. She answered our large list of questions and we knew from day one we were in great hands. Christina was our planner and worked with us to establish a lot of the nitty gritty details: menu, decorations, logistics. She was an absolute delight to work with and always promptly responded to our questions as well. We had probably a total of 3 site visits to Waterloo in the course of the year, and every time, Maria and Christina treated us like family. On the day of our wedding, their hard work and dedication throughout the year truly shined. Our reception was fantastic and we are still dreaming about it. Everything we discussed with Christina came to life. The room was absolutely stunning- we received so many compliments. Countless guests remarked at how delicious the food was, noting its high quality and freshness. Our guests loved the games, the fire pit, and being able to hang out outside-something which was always key to our vision. We have had a number of guests also compliment the true level of detail they observed throughout the evening- for example, the wine glasses and beer at cocktail hour were already poured and ready for guests to grab. This made for many happy guests and helped with the flow of our large crowd of about 180 people. The space itself fit everyone comfortably. There were also snacks and champagne that was waiting for us in the bridal cottage-this was such a nice touch on top of what was already such a lovely space. All in all, Waterloo Village and the professional staff truly made our dreams a reality- we cannot recommend Waterloo Village enough!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Erin · Married on 08/19/2018

Waterloo Village was the perfect place for the rustic and historical idea I had for my wedding day. Not only that but the whole experience was amazing! Kasia, our venue planner, was so responsive, patient and helping leading up to and during the wedding day! During the wedding day, she took care of everything from coordinating the vendors to making sure arrangements were set for family members who needed special transportation accommodations! She kept the day on track and beautiful! Guests were raving about the food from Jeffrey Miller Catering during and after the wedding day. We received so many compliments on the beautiful venue and many of the guests have even gone back to visit Waterloo Village on their own time to explore the grounds. We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding day or better people to make it how special it was!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I got married at Waterloo about a month ago and it could not have been more perfect.

We had initially planned on getting married in the "secret garden" in front of a beautiful tree but because of possible storms we decided to have our ceremony in the Mule Barn. This was not an easy decision for us to make but Tessa our planner gave us until 1PM the day of the wedding (which is very generous) to make the final decision; and honestly we all agreed the ceremony was even more beautiful in the Mule barn than it ever could have been outside.
    Throughout the night my husband and I got endless compliments about how beautiful our ceremony was, how amazing the grounds are and how unbelievably good the food was! I think about half the guests , if not more, told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to.
    Tessa was our planner and made us feel so special the day of. She really went above and beyond making the mule barn and every other detail just perfect for us. The fire pit after party was also just amazing. Everyone loved the pizza, I am still hearing from guests how good it was! My husband and I can not stop talking about how amazing Waterloo, Tessa, Maria and the entire JAM team was. We wouldn't change a single thing about our wedding day! Thank you so much JAM ! You made our wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Susan · Married on 06/09/2018

We had a wonderful experience from beginning to end with this venue. My daughter's wedding was a joy-filled day and Waterloo was a big part of that. Thanks!

Sent on 06/30/2018
    Waterloo Village 36
    Waterloo Village 37
    Waterloo Village 38
    Waterloo Village 39
    Waterloo Village 40
    Waterloo Village 41

Jamie · Married on 10/29/2017

Absolutely outstanding experience from start to finish. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff and property. Over the top service

Sent on 11/03/2017
  • jeanaandashley

Ashley · Married on 10/27/2017

We got married at Waterloo Village on October 27th, 2017. Maria was a dream to work with in the many months leading up to the big day and Christina was a rock star when it came down to day of and final details. We felt like family the entire way through the planning.

The venue: It is SO BEAUTIFUL. My partner viewed the location and signed the paperwork without me ever seeing it first (except for pics) and words and pictures paled in comparison to the real thing. The buildings feel historic, are very large and seem to accommodate any idea imaginable. We got married in the Secret Garden, which was such a lovely setting. Very set back, private and intimate. Our guests were welcomed with drinks off of an adorable cart and felt pampered the entire way through. Christina and Maria were incredible in making the day go smoothly. You also cannot take a bad photo here, there are so many wonderful settings. The staff were very helpful in getting all of our decorations up and even let our family in a little early during the day off to set up some greenery. Finally, the Bridal Cottage was so perfect for gathering when we needed to get away and touch-up.

The food: TO DIE FOR! Every single one of our guests said this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. We added on so many special requests and they never told us no (they were very much within reason). From the cocktail hour, to the main meal, to dessert and then to the Pizza Fire Pit After Party we were all blown away. As a tip you must do the Fire Pit After Party. It was the perfect addition to our night and gave us some real one on one time with guests.

Overall: This is such a special place that really has it all. We planned our wedding from Seattle, and the JAM team could not have been more helpful and gracious. We felt cared for and heard the entire way through. If you have the opportunity to book Waterloo as a venue and JAM as a caterer do not pass it up. You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/10/2018
    Waterloo Village 42
    Waterloo Village 43
    Waterloo Village 44
    Waterloo Village 45
    Waterloo Village 46
    Waterloo Village 47

Rebecca · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I got married at Waterloo Village on September 3rd, 2017. It was hands down the best day of our lives. I worked with Maria from start to finished I cannot possibly put into words how incredible she was. The first time we went to Waterloo to look at the venue and get some prices Maria sat with is until 8:30pm (we got there at 6pm) answering all our questions. Never once did we feel rushed! She was always reachable and there to answer any questions I had. I could not have asked for anyone better to help us plan our wedding day. The venue is absolutely amazing! The landscape is beautiful and the meeting house and meeting hall is so intimate. We knew we did not want the typical ballroom weedding and the second we found Waterloo Village my husband and I were obbsesed. This was actually the ONLY venue we went to see in person and the second we left we knew that was where our wedding was going to be. The food was delicious! I cannot tell you how many of our guests came to us and told us how good the food was, which was so nice to hear! The whole staff that day was amazing. My 3 yr old twin nephews/ring bearers were crying for Mac n cheese and one of the servers went right into the kitchen and got them mac n cheese, totally saving us from a toddler meltdown during dinner, even though it was not on my menu. It rained that day and one of the staff members took the time to drive us around the grounds in a golf cart so we could take advantage of the beautiful scenery and get amazing pictures! The servers were so friendly and interacted with the guests! I am so happy I found Waterloo Village when I was looking for a wedding venue. I could not imagine being married anywhere else!

Sent on 12/23/2017
    Waterloo Village 53
    Waterloo Village 54
    Waterloo Village 55

Jamie · Married on 09/10/2016

Waterloo Village is a magical place for love! The natural surroundings and rustic buildings make your fairy-tale dream wedding come true. There are so many photographic locals on the property and it is unlike anything you can see in the area. We searched Brooklyn lofts and upstate barns and knew when we went to waterloo that this was the place! With so many areas to choose your ceremony spot, a separate building for cocktail hour, AC reception room, plus a bonfire, you really can't go wrong. Besides the stunning beauty of the property, JAM catering was great to work with. Robyn is truly one of a kind. Anything you wish, she really tries to make happen. We were set on having our ceremony in front of the old white house across from the lake. At first there was a problem getting the permit for this location, but Robyn made it happen! She coordinates everything beforehand and the day of is present to make sure all goes according to plan. I must say we were a little skeptical of the food, but it turned out delish!! Everyone was so stuffed and raving how great it was. From the buffalo chicken wontons (my personal fave) to the farm to table entrees, to the custom funfetti naked cake, everything was superb. And I have super high foodie standards :) The day was pure bliss and I wish I could relive it over and over again! I know we will be visiting waterloo in years to come to soak in the beautiful memories. Thank you Robyn and JAM catering for a perfect day.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Emily · Married on 01/16/2016

Super friendly and super flexible. Robyn and the rest of the staff made our dreams come true... It was an awesome day... Thank you so very much for a totally fantastic experience!

Sent on 02/20/2016

James & Melanie · Married on 10/10/2015

Where do I begin?? First off, I want to say a HUGE thank you to Robyn w/ JAM Catering who made our wedding day PERFECT! With her help, all of the planning and organizing went so smoothly that we didn't stress about anything. We can't thank you enough!

Waterloo Village is such a beautiful location and we can't get enough of it. (We visit the park often with our two dogs.) We just love what JAM catering has done with the location. We fell in love with the fact that our entire wedding could take place in one gorgeous location. We had our ceremony at the gazebo (BEAUTIFUL), Cocktails + H'ourderves (AMAZING) in the pavilion, reception in the main meeting house (Perfect), and our "after-party" at the fire pit (Made to order brick oven pizzas, beer, and s'mores!) The decor, ambience, food and location were absolutely perfect for us. We can honestly say that we wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day and that IS because of Robyn and Waterloo. We are extremely lucky to have found this venue. I HIGHLY recommend them for your event!

Main Reasons why Waterloo Village is the perfect place for an event...
    The food is out of this world (every one of our guests commented on it!)
    The location is stunning, especially in the Fall. (we got the PERFECT day)
    The Venue is Farm-To-Table (which was a major plus to us)
    The people are genuinely nice and helpful. (Robyn is amazing!)
    JAM Catering cares about the park and is helping to restore it.
    The Beer selection was incredible
    The desserts were AMAZING! (We did multiple Pies and Apple Cider Donuts)
    The feel and decor of the venue is perfect for a Rustic / Warm & Loving Wedding.

Please check them out. You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/19/2015

John · Married on 06/22/2015

Though our wedding was small and a bit unorthodox, we could not have done it without Robyn of JAM at Waterloo! Waterloo Village holds a great significance for my family. My great grandmother was born in the Wellington House (The Seymour Smith House) back in 1916, but my family's history there stretches back to the mid 1800's. Having my wedding in that house, in the very room that my great grandmother was born in almost 100 years ago, meant so much to me, my husband, and my family, and Robyn made that happen! She is fantastic! Since our wedding was a super small event (and so was our budget), we hadn't planned on a reception or anything special afterwards at Waterloo. However, Robyn offered us a champagne toast after the ceremony, completely on the house! We were surprised to find that she not only provided the champagne, but got us a beautiful little cake to cut and serve to our guests! She went above and beyond our expectations! If she was this amazing and attentive with our small affair, I can only imagine how fabulous she is with a larger wedding, with her full-blown services as caterer and all! Thanks Robyn, you rock!

Sent on 07/29/2015

My wedding at Waterloo Village was AMAZING.

Our guests cannot stop raving about how beautiful ceremony, cocktail and reception were, how delicious the food was, and how awesome it was to have the fire pit lit outside.

The day couldn't have been more perfect. The staff was so accommodating and had everything planned smoothly. The aesthetic of every building was exactly what we were looking for. The staff set up our food stations with tents outside, which opened up more space for everyone in the reception. The flow of the indoor/outdoor space made for such a pleasant evening. While the day flew by for me and my husband, i couldn't have asked for a better wedding. I have already recommended Waterloo to many friends, and will continue to do so. This is an amazing venue!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Amanda · Married on 04/21/2018

Waterloo was an absolute dream location and team for our wedding!! Maria and Christina were so kind and helpful throughout the whole process! From our last minute decision-making and my dad sneaking in some special surprise requests, they truly helped make our dream day come true. All of the details far exceeded our expectations. We are still receiving compliments about the food, set up and kindness of all of the staff who was present. Thank you Waterloo and JAM Catering!!

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/26/2018

A beautiful space for the perfect wedding day

My now husband and I loved Waterloo Village from the moment we arrived upon visiting it for the first time. We knew it would be the ideal place to showcase New Jersey's natural beauty for our fall wedding. Overall, the planning process was very relaxed and easy for us and we trusted that the venue would take good care of us, which they did. The staff was on point on the day of our wedding and Maria and Tessa checked in on me often while I was getting ready to make sure I was happy and comfortable. Many of our guests stopped to tell us how lovely and unique the venue was. We had a wonderful day and would recommend Waterloo to any couples looking for a simple, lovely venue.

Sent on 10/29/2018