Washington Diamond Reviews

Washington Diamond 6
Washington Diamond 7
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 02/05/2017

First, let me say my husband caught me by surprise when he chose a local vendor over some big box store. The first time I visited Washington Diamond to meet with Tom (which I learned was probably my husband's 5th or 10th) I felt like I was in a scene from the movie Snatch. After getting through the novelty of the multi-door entry, I found the place to be comfortable, welcoming, and filled with top quality diamonds. Tom really knows his stuff. We initially visited to pick out our wedding bands, and, after making sure he found the absolute perfect matching wedding band for my engagement ring, he let my husband have his own diva moment picking out a ring. We've been back several times since, from sizing my ring to having our rings polished the week of the wedding, and the staff are always friendly. I recommend Washington Diamond for anyone in the DMV area.

Sent on 04/02/2017

Dan · Married on 12/03/2016

I worked with Walter at Washington Diamond to create an engagement ring that my fiancée absolutely loves. Walter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful without being pushy or trying to steer me in any particular direction, and I am extremely appreciative of that! The quality of the workmanship, materials, and guidance I received from Washington Diamond was unmatched, and my fiancée and I have already made an appointment to go back for our wedding bands!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Robert · Married on 11/24/2016

Tom, Kaley and the rest of the Washington Diamond team came through in shining brilliance, once again! Though no longer residing in the area, I have continued (and will continue) to purchase from Washington Diamond. Tom listens carefully, gives great advice, presents multiple options, provides a professional but personal experience...and bends over backwards to get each piece right! In fact, his personal touch and warm style, transformed our purchase from a transaction to a lasting memory and experience.

Sent on 10/11/2016

I am someone that always does my research before I make a major purchase. After hours of research I thought it would be a good idea to setup an appointment with Washington Diamond to take my girlfriend to look at options. Appointment setup was carefree and professional. We met with Walter in October of 2015 and spent over an hour and a half with him. He took time to educate myself and my girlfriend on everything engagement rings and diamonds. I told him upfront I did not know much and I felt like he did an excellent job answering all our questions in a pressure free atmosphere. We left that meeting and Walter followed up. I explained to him that I was not looking to actually make the purchase until 2016 and he thanked me and told me to reach back out when I was ready. In the meantime I did some research on purchasing diamonds on the internet and also attempted to setup an appointment with a major DC Metro jeweler. Based on both of those ventures I realized that Washington Diamond was the only place I wanted to buy jewelry from. I reached back out to Walter who remembered me and had all my information. We setup an appointment and even though the region received a severe snowstorm he was able to still hold the appointment. He helped me pick out an amazing ring and it was ready for pickup at the date I was told it would be. Since then she said yes and we have been back twice to fix the sizing. Ryan, Walter and everyone at Washington Diamond has been great. They have surely earned a customer for life.

Sent on 02/21/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

We decided to go back to the same jeweler that my fiance used for the engagement ring, and we're so glad we did! The service was attentive and detailed, and everything was explained to us. Even when I asked for a modification to the wedding band (I must be the only bride who's ever asked to take diamonds OUT of a band!), they were accommodating and made it happen. We received the finished rings ahead of schedule, and are so excited to wear them in a month. Can't say enough good things about Washington Diamond!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/02/2016

Washington Diamond is wonderful, they worked with me on an idea to create a custom design, where the only inspiration we had was a single picture without all the angles. Their craftsmanship is spectacular and prices very competitive. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. Our talented goldsmithing team turns out some really great creations. We are happy to help. ... Tom

Brittany · Married on 10/02/2016

Washington Diamond is the best! My fiance went to them with an idea/picture and they created the most stunning ring! They had never made one like it before, and did a spectacular job. I get comments on my ring on a daily basis and it's been 16 months since our engagement. Two of my friends also got their rings from here and recommended it highly. Very friendly and helpful staff as well!

Sent on 09/14/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2016

They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. We purchased our wedding bands and my engagement ring from them. They had a great selection.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Joseph · Married on 09/17/2016

Don't waste your time looking anywhere else! Call Tom Daube at Washington Diamond! I spent countless hours driving to multiple jewlers in York, Lancaster, Harrisburg, Hanover, and two in MD! After talking to Tom I decided to make the 4 hour round trip drive (I liked the fact that Washington Diamond specializes in GIA certified stones). I couldn't have been more impressed! It was honestly hard to just pick 1 of the 5 stones that Tom had set aside for me to look at. He couldn't have done a better job! He is also knowledgable/helpful, but not pushy.

Washington Diamond also custom made the engagement band for me. It turned out exactly how I wanted.

My fiancé absolutely loves her engagement ring!

If you haven't been able to find what your looking for, or are just starting to look. Make you life easy and call Tom. You will be glad you did.

Sent on 06/30/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Thank you for that kind review Joseph. It was our pleasure to help you!

Stacey · Married on 09/10/2016

We could not be more pleased with Washington Diamond. My (now) husband and I met with Tom before we were engaged and looked at rings - he wasn't pushy or opinionated, but simply let us look and ask questions. He made recommendations to us based on his vast knowledge of the industry and stock. My husband selected a beautiful engagement ring for me which I cherish daily. We also both found our wedding bands at Washington Diamond, and my husband just surprised me with gorgeous diamond earrings for Christmas. Tom and his team are more than professional, kind, courteous and easy to work with. He treats everyone as if they've been friends for years. I can't imagine going anywhere else for jewelry.

Sent on 02/08/2018

I bought my fiancee's engagement ring from Tom at Washington Diamond and I'd recommend Washington Diamond to anyone without reservation. Tom was easy to talk to and did a great job helping me find a ring that fit my budget and was what I was looking for. They also made and delivered the ring about a week and a half earlier than they had estimated. I visited about nine jewelers in the Washington DC- Northern Virginia area while looking for a ring and WD was by far my first choice.

Sent on 12/15/2015

R · Married on 06/06/2016

I did my research of DC area jewelers when looking for an engagement ring and it paid off. Can't say enough about Washington Diamond. Great experience picking out an engagement diamond and wedding bands. Beautiful diamond and settings. Tom and his team were exceptional with every visit, the experience and skills are evident. Very flexible with setting up appointments and a very pleasant experience at the store. They make you feel like a valued customer. This is a great company that I will continue to use in the future.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Ryan · Married on 05/27/2016

Washington Diamond made buying an engagement ring an easy and enjoyable process. Tom was helpful in working with to create a custom ring that is truly one of a kind. The goldsmith is excellent and his custom engraving really adds to the character of their rings. The ring is beautiful and my fiance is still getting compliments on it. Overall, the value and customer service was great and I would highly recommend using Washington Diamond.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Ryan. It was our pleasure to help you. Congratulations on your engagement!

Paula · Married on 05/14/2016

My fiancé (now husband) recently purchased my diamond engagement ring and our two wedding bands. Walter Via was extremely helpful throughout the process. My diamond engagement ring is incredibly beautiful and exactly what we were looking for! We had spent several months learning about/researching diamonds and Walter secured us the perfect one right in our price range. He also help ensure that my wedding band matched, and that my husband's high expectations were met. Very professional.

Sent on 05/22/2016

Kevin · Married on 04/16/2016

I went to visit Walter at Washington Diamond at the recommendation of my sister and brother-in-law and I was not disappointed. He was professional, easy to talk to, and extremely knowledgeable. Unlike with other diamond retailers, I felt comfortable conversing with Walter. I am super indecisive, and yet Walter listened to my thoug

Sent on 06/17/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Hi Kevin. Thank you for your kind review. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Walter enjoyed working with you as well.

Stewart Brooks · Married on 04/15/2016

Most comfortable experience

In a time when sales pressure is almost everywhere, here it is not. It is a wonderful experience shopping here.

Sent on 03/01/2019

Washington Diamond's reply:

Thank you so much Stewart! We strive for a no-pressure environment, so we are so glad to hear that!

Adam · Married on 01/01/2016

In my opinion, Washington Diamond is the only place to go for unique custom made jewelry. I have become a repeat customer after experiencing Tom Daube's dedication to detail while creating one of a kind pieces. My fiance can not take her eyes off her new engagement ring...and I have Tom to thank for that. Tom's three week commitment to creating this ring, resulted in a beautiful proposal and a speechless acceptance.

Other places may advertise on the radio, but Washington Diamond puts their money into quality and building life long customers.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Hi Adam, thank you for your kind review. We are so delighted to have you as a lifelong customer.

Rob · Married on 10/24/2015

I had very little knowledge of diamonds and engagement rings. The staff at Washington Diamond educated me and then encouraged me to shop around to compare the quality and value of other jewelers with theirs. I did. You can find lower quality diamonds for a cheaper price and also similar quality diamonds at a higher price. You would be hard-pressed to find an equal in quality and value in the metro Washington D.C area... As I learned from Washington Diamond, ask a jeweler to take the stone out into the natural light. Most jewelers have specialized store lighting that makes diamonds appear brighter than they will be in natural light. If the jeweler won't let you see it in natural light, then head for the door. Tom at Washington Diamond and I looked at several stones in natural light before I made my purchase. And the service in sizing and care afterwards was outstanding! Tom and Washington Diamond are great!

Sent on 07/18/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Thank you for your kind review Rob! We work very hard to show our clients how bright a diamond should be, and you are right, most jeweler's will not show you a diamond in natural light. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. It has been an honor to work with you on the engagement ring and now wedding bands.

Matthew · Married on 10/18/2015

Absolutely beautiful jewelry at a perfectly fair price and with great service. I had been recommended Washington Diamond by a friend who got his engagement ring there as well. I had just started looking, I dipped my feet in the water by poking in at the big box stores at the mall just to set some sort of baseline, but I knew I didn't especially care for anything that they had. I wanted something simple, but elegant and beautiful, and I sat down with Tom and he gave me a great tutorial on everything diamond and, once we had worked out what my price range was he brought out a number of great options.

There was never any pressure to buy right there, either. I left the first day pretty sure I knew what I wanted, and I went and compared notes elsewhere but I didn't see anything that was better than the one I had picked out at Washington Diamond, so I called them up and with a very quick turn around I got the ring that I liked. My fiancée has got a ton of compliments on her ring, and a lot of people think it must be bigger than it is by carat, which makes me smile. Of course, most importantly, she said "yes," so that's all that really matters, but everything on top of that has been great.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Hi Matthew. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We certainly appreciate your business. We look forward to being there for your future jewelry needs. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you! Congratulations on your engagement!

Marcia · Married on 10/10/2015

My fiancé worked with Tom to craft the perfect engagement ring for me. I love it!! We recently went back to purchase our wedding bands. It was easy to make an appointment. Tom took the time to meet with us to discuss the different design options. We did not feel rushed into picking out our forever rings. We found a band that complimented my engagement ring and a band that my fiancé loves. We would highly recommend Washington Diamond for their superior customer service and high quality rings.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Hi Marcia, it was our pleasure to help you. Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to helping you in the future for all of your jewelry needs.

Dustin · Married on 10/10/2015

I had an excellent experience working with Walter to pick the perfect diamond for my fiancé. Walter worked with me to get the best stone within the parameters I had in mind and to pick the optimal ring setting. My fiancé and I even went back to buy our wedding bands through Washington Diamond.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Hi Dustin, thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to work with you. Come back and see us anytime for all of your jewelry needs.

Tara · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I worked with Tom to find our wedding bands and he was very knowledgeable and friendly. He also made a few adjustments to my engagement ring to help it sit better with my wedding band. I was extremely happy with the end result! Also, the turnaround time on the rings was faster than expected. We would definitely use them again in the future.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Hi Tara, thank you for your kind review. Tom enjoyed working with you as well.
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 10/09/2015

Everyone who has seen my ring has said nothing but "wow" and "spectacular". I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful stone and setting. Thank you to Tom and his team for taking the time to teach us about diamonds and for their impeccable service. It was so wonderful to see how custom I could go with my ring and all the variations they had to work with no matter the budget. It has been a pleasure to work with them. We will definitely be back when the time comes to choose our wedding bands next year.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Washington Diamond's reply:

Hi Christy. Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure. We look forward to helping you with wedding bands in the near future!

Stephanie · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I both got our wedding bands from Washington Diamond and had an absolutely wonderful experience (I kind of wish he had known to get my engagement ring here!). We enjoyed the intimacy of having a one-on-one appointment, and we were so lucky to have worked with Walter. He was very patient with me, and when we realized that my vision of my wedding band wasn't exactly like any of the ones that were on display in the store, he took the time to talk it through with me and drew out a sketch of the ring I wanted. He then measured the dimensions of my engagement ring to ensure that the widths would match as closely as possible. I got a round diamond shared prong band and when it came in, I had doubts that the diamonds may be too big since I have a petite engagement ring. Again, Walter was so understanding and helpful and didn't want me to make an impulse decision, so he told me to go ahead and wear the ring for a week. After this, I still felt like I needed smaller diamonds, and he was so understanding and didn't hesitate to help me compare my other diamond size options and order another ring. Now my ring is perfect! And the value at Washington Diamond really cannot be beat. My husband and I looked at Jared and Mervis during our ring hunt, but the price at Washington Diamond was so much better for the amazing quality on GIA certified diamonds and a platinum band. It is also great how they adjust prices based on what the day-to-day value is so you know you are getting the best price and aren't just paying a standard face value. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our rings or our experience with Walter and the whole Washington Diamond staff. I will definitely be referring my brother there when he's engagement ring shopping!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Washington Diamond's reply:

Hi Stephanie. Thank you for your review of our store. We are so glad to hear that you had such a positive experience at Washington Diamond. We strive to give our clients the best value possible for their rings. Come see us again soon for a complementary clean and polishing of your rings!
  • Alice

Alice · Married on 09/12/2015

Walter & Washington Diamond provide amazing service. He and the staff went above and beyond my expectations! I found a ring online which was similar to what I wanted. They have a goldsmith on site who can make the ring of your dreams come to life.

Walter walked us through the basics on the different types of metals, diamond 101, and designing my custom engagement ring. He was very professional, stayed within our budget, and took time with us. I was very nervous about how the ring would turn out. Now its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! We will be purchasing our wedding bands from them as well.

Definitely make sure to make an appointment, they don't allow walk-ins; and for a very good reason. They make sure to make each appointment personalized to your needs, so your not rushed or feel pressured to make a purchase.

Sent on 09/11/2013