Washington Diamond Reviews

Washington Diamond 5
Washington Diamond 6
Washington Diamond 7

Matthew Paulino · Getting married on 12/05/2021

Stress free and easy. Forever grateful. lucky they were my first choice

I walked into Washington Diamond to get a general feel of a ring, but that same day I picked out the ring I used to propose. After being grilled on what my fiance wanted for awhile I was able to list a couple things off, and an entire tray of diamond rings matching that criteria was brought out. The overall cost was nothing compared to the value of the ring. I ran into some difficulties coming up with the funds to pay, but they were really understanding and worked with me. I made a couple of payments and proposed the same day the ring was turned over to me. Really glad I went to Washington Diamonds and have recommended a couple other of my friends to check them out if they were interested.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Matthew,

Thank you so much for your kind review! You were an absolutely pleasure to work with. We look forward to working with you again soon!
  • Ashton

Ashton Lee · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Expert knowledge and wonderful service!

I came here at the recommendation of a friend and can't speak highly enough of my experience! They are experts in their craft and give their honest opinion when asked.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Washington Diamond's reply:

Ashton, thank you so much for your kind review! It was a pleasure working with you as well! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
  • Alee

Alee Wade · Getting married on 03/14/2020

Highly recommend!

My fiancé and I had a great experience with Tom and the team at Washington Diamond! I originally wanted to go through Blue Nile or James Allen, but my fiancé wanted me to check out rings in person. We went to Washington Diamond on my future brother-in-law's recommendation with his experience there!

When we got to Washington Diamond, we had such exceptional service, and Tom helped us pick out a perfect ring and diamond, while being mindful of our budget! They were able to customize my ring to my liking- I wanted 18K gold with platinum prongs on a three-stone setting, and they did a great job!

The service I've had at Washington Diamond has also been great! I needed to get my ring resized slightly and got it back within a week! Also, in the frenzy of the actual engagement, I lost the ring box in an Uber, so I didn't have a box. I asked Erin if I could pay for a replacement, and she offered me one free of charge! I loved working with them!

Sent on 01/10/2019
    Washington Diamond 8
    Washington Diamond 9
    Washington Diamond 10

Washington Diamond's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're delighted that you're so happy with your experience with us! We look forward to working with you soon!

Kirsten · Getting married on 09/13/2019

I cannot say enough amazing things about my experience at Washington Diamond! Walter was great to work with. Since this was our first time looking at engagement rings, he took the time to educate us and walked us through the whole process. Walter was honest and very open to our ideas! Since I really wanted a sapphire ring, Walter worked with my fiance to find the perfect choice. He even brought in about 15 different shades, shapes and sizes for my fiance to select from. They then custom built the ring, which turned out perfect! I could not be happier. Due to our first experience, we went back and got our wedding bands. We are so happy with our choice and have recommended Washington Diamond to many of our friends already!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Steve · Getting married on 08/31/2019

We had an heirloom stone to be placed in a new setting for an engagement ring. Tom gave us straightforward advice, was extraordinarily knowledgable, wonderful to work with and the final product was exceptional. We will continue to work with them for our wedding bands. Can't recommend enough.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Washington Diamond's reply:

Steve, thank you so much for the kind review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jenny · Married on 04/18/2019

Helpful, honest, and a pleasure to work with!

My fiance and I were trying to make a family ring into something special of our own. After visiting a few jewelers in the area, I came across Washington Diamond. Tom was an extremely helpful, honest, and kind person to work with. We chose to work with Washington Diamond because of their excellent customer service and warm attitude. We never felt pressured, and Tom was great about finding us the perfect sapphires to complete our custom ring. We were so pleased with our custom engagement ring and our experience with Tom that we came back to buy both of our wedding bands. I recommended Tom to my mother, and she has since been back multiple times. Erin was also extremely sweet and helpful throughout the entire process. We will definitely go back to Washington Diamond for our future fine jewelry purchases. Thank you, Tom and Erin!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Jenny,
    Thank you so much for your kind review! You're too kind! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Sean · Married on 10/13/2018

I had the best experience at Washington Diamond that I could have asked for. My now fiancé and I made the 2-hour drive to the DC area to look at rings on a day we were both free. We had read about Washington Diamond online but did not make an appointment. Nonetheless, they were gracious to take time for us and to help us find the perfect ring. Tom is clearly passionate about his business and takes a personal interest in each customer who walks into the store. He listened to our preferences and was direct and forthcoming. He was easy to get ahold of when I decided to reach out and place the order for the ring, and he guaranteed me the best deal on the best product. I proposed just a few days ago and it would not have been perfect had it not been for Tom's help!

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Washington Diamond 11
    Washington Diamond 12
  • Liz

Liz Grenfell · Married on 09/29/2018

We loved working with Washington Diamond!

My husband and I were recently married and we used Washington Diamond for my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands. They have been wonderful to work with! When we went to look at engagement rings we shopped around a bit, and we absolutely feel that we got the best value and more importantly the best service at Washington Diamond. Tom was so helpful and easy to work with and really is an expert in the business. He never pressured us to make a purchase and continued to help us even after buying the engagement ring when we had to get the setting for the diamond changed. When it was time to purchase our wedding bands, it wasn't even a discussion...we knew we would go to Washington Diamond and we were happy that we did! We love our rings and the service we receive every time we go there is outstanding. Prior to the wedding they cleaned our rings and were even kind enough to clean my grandma's engagement ring that I planned to wear for the special day---at no cost! This is a wonderful, family owned business that will really take care of you and ensure that you are given good value and happy with your purchase. Thanks Washington Diamond!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Washington Diamond 13
    Washington Diamond 14

Washington Diamond's reply:

Liz, Thank YOU so much! It has been an absolute pleasure helping you :) We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Stephen · Married on 09/23/2018

Tom was pleasure to work with when choosing an engagement ring!! His knowledge of diamonds and styles is unmatched and I felt super confident in my decision making. He offered me different options and made the whole experience enjoyable and stress-free. Erin was also very helpful in scheduling and gave great tips for ring care. Overall I can't recommend Washington Diamond enough and I look forward to doing more business with them in the future!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Stephen,

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words! We look forward to doing more business with you, as well!

Michael · Married on 09/22/2018

Walter with Washington Diamond made the whole process engagement ring shopping a painless experience. Not only did he patiently go through multiple settings with me, he also helped create a custom milgrain design after a sit-down meeting with my then girlfriend. And with all the custom features involved, the final product was ready weeks before I was expecting. Can not speak highly enough of Washington Diamond. Will definitely be a returning customer.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Romin · Married on 09/16/2018

Washington Diamond is the best! When looking for our engagement rings, my fiancée and I went to many different places prior to coming to Washington Diamond. I myself work in the hospatility industry and know great customer service. Tom and his staff are fantastic! Upon meeting Tom for the first time he took the time to learn more about our story and us. He really is a genuine and personable person. When looking for our rings he not only made sure to keep us in budget but provided us with something that was beautiful and unique to our vision. Thank you for helping us through a special moment in our journey and making us feel comfortable and ease. You have customers for life! - Romin and Johanna!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Matt · Married on 08/04/2018

I highly recommend Washington Diamond if you're shopping for engagement rings, wedding bands, custom jewelry and repair! Tom is very knowledgeable, professional and easy to work with. He took the time to educate us through the process, making it a very easy decision to purchase our engagement ring and wedding bands at WD. Do yourself a favor and go see Tom and the team at WD!

Sent on 05/31/2018
  • Lina

Lina · Married on 04/28/2018

Tom and the rest of the staff at Washington Diamond were great to work with. They do not just try to sell you something, but really work with you on finding the best quality diamond at the price you can afford. My husband worked with Tom on my engagement ring and it is perfect. For our wedding bands – Washington Diamond was very responsive and flexible in getting customized bands. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Cristi · Married on 04/28/2018

I can't say enough good things about Tom and the team at Washington Diamond. My fiance bought my engagement ring from there with ease having Tom walk him through the process and take the time to explain the differences in the diamonds he was looking at. It's so much pressure to buy something with this much significance and the team there made him feel comfortable and confident in his decisions. So when the time came to pick out our wedding bands - it was a no brainer to go back to Washington Diamond. They didn't have the exact design I was looking for, so Tom told me they would custom make exactly what I wanted, and it came in PERFECTLY! I'm so happy with the experience and all of their help! We highly recommend Washington Diamond!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Brett · Married on 01/21/2018

If you're looking for excellent jewelry and exceptional customer service, Washington Diamond is hands down the best place in DC. I wouldn't hesitate to refer anyone to Washington Diamond. Truly an exceptional experience and very pleased with the products.

Sent on 01/13/2018

Stephanie · Married on 11/11/2017

Tom and the staff were unbelievably the easiest people to work with! Both of our rings are custom and my wife’s ring was a surprise upgrade!!! Everyone helped me so much with keeping the secret and I will be a customer for life!

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Washington Diamond 15

Colin · Married on 10/21/2017

Amazing overall experience. We worked with Walter on Tom on both my Fiance's engagement ring and our wedding bands. Not only is their pricing very competitive (and in my case the cheapest) compared to other vendors but their service is FAR AND AWAY the best. They are not salesmen, they are professionals. The difference between walking into this store and walking into other diamond stores is incredible. I was astounded how unprofessional most other places were in comparison. Just go here, don't consider others.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Aaron · Married on 10/08/2017

We worked with Walter to get my fiancée's engagement ring as well as our wedding bands. He was very easy to deal with and knowledgeable. He spent the time to teach us about diamonds and the process and answered all of questions. Walter worked with us on pricing and made our decision to choose Washington Diamond over the other establishments very easy. We highlight recommend Washington Diamond.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Raechel · Married on 09/23/2017

I can't say enough good things about Tom and his team. My fiancé and I met with Tom (it's SO rare to meet with someone of his caliber when you go to a jewelry store for the first time) just to get a better idea of what styles we liked and what we were looking for with an engagement ring. Tom, like me, encouraged my fiancé to shop around and do his homework - and in the end, my fiancé came right back to Tom (he wanted to buy the ring we looked at on the spot at that first meeting) because of the unmistakable value and quality of both the diamond itself and the store. We will definitely be going to Tom when we pick our wedding bands, and there's nowhere else I would recommend to any of my friends.

Sent on 03/19/2016

Kenisha · Married on 09/17/2017

My fiance and I purchased our wedding bands here and and we were so pleased with Washington Diamond's service. They were able to customize my ring to match my engagement ring, that wasn't even purchased there at no additional cost! They made it so easy, as we'd been looking at numerous jewelry stores and immediately fell in love with WD's selection and pricing. I would HIGHLY recommend that you go and check them out. You won't be disappointed.

Kenisha

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • Kaylie

Kaylie · Married on 08/26/2017

Customer service and quality is the name of the game. We were able to develop a relationship with Tom who worked with us directly on our ring. He is relatable and has a genuine way of interacting with you. You get to know him as a person as he gets to know you and you feel comfortable communicating all of you concerns and desires. You have his full attention for the entire hour you are there at each appointment and he really cares about finding what you want and getting it done, and getting it done the best way possible. Yet he also has a casual candor that facilitates knowing each other on a real, human level and helps you get the best product even if something you want might not work. After shopping around at a number of jewelers, we felt completely confident that his place stood out. We had him create a custom ring I drew. He was really careful to talk through all the details and feasibility of each flourish (making sure it captures what you want but also ensures the structural integrity for a long-lasting product). He wanted to make sure the final product was up to his high standards. He even adjusted his standard workflow to what he thought would get the final result right, even incurring additional costs doing so. That was really impressive to me. He was able to work through the challenges of bringing our design to a final product in a way that created a positive relationship of respect between us. We were really happy with the ring we bought. I admire it daily and we’ll continue to go back to him. We felt motivated to do our best by him as he did his best by us. He was always gracious and professional.

Sent on 03/27/2018
    Washington Diamond 16

Washington Diamond's reply:

Receiving great reviews are nice little rewards to reinforce the enduring values we strive to honor every day. Thank you, Kaylie. ... Tom
  • LaGilMurray

Lacy · Married on 06/09/2017

Tom Daube and Ryan of Washington Diamond are both amazing. My fiance went there for my engagement ring and it is absolutely stunning! I get compliments on it all of the time and I can't keep my eyes off of it. When I went back for my sizing they had it done in a day and a half and were professional and very prompt. I can not say enough wonderful things about Washington Diamond.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Leila · Married on 04/28/2017

Walter at Washington Diamond was beyond helpful in helping us pick out our perfect wedding bands. He was patient when we went back and forth on designs and came back for a second look before ultimately deciding. He also did extra research to help us make our decision. They also provided a ring cleaning service right before our wedding day to make sure that our rings were perfect! I highly recommend Washington Diamond!

Sent on 07/07/2017
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 04/22/2017

My fiancée designed my engagement ring with Tom at Washington Diamond and my ring is absolutely beautiful. We went back recently for our wedding bands and again had a great experience. You know you will only have the best options in regard to quality with Tom, and he is excellent at guiding you through the whole process. I am very much looking forward to my wedding day when I will be marrying the love of my life and adding another Washington Diamond product to my ring finger.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Aimee · Married on 02/17/2017

My fiancée and I discovered Washington Diamond after a bad experience with another jeweler, and we are so glad we did. From my first call with Tom to the finished product, the service was second to none. We met with Tom to discuss a custom designed based on a photo I emailed to him. Tom worked with our budget and more importantly met a very tight deadline of two weeks. My ring is without a doubt the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. Tom an his team created a masterpiece and I could t be happier. The sparkle is incredible and the compliments are endless. You would be doing yourself a great disservice to go anywhere else in the DC area. We can't wait to work with Washington Diamond again!

Sent on 12/02/2016