Walters Cultural Arts Center Reviews

12 | Hillsboro, OR

12 Reviews for Walters Cultural Arts Center

Leah · Married on 06/11/2017

The Walters is a stunning and gorgeous venue!! The staff is also very very helpful!!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Marci · Married on 11/23/2013

This was our first choice and I'm so glad that they were available for our small wedding. It is a beautiful setting, warm and inviting. The upstairs gallery is perfect for hair and make-up as the natural daylight flows through the windows. There are also classrooms downstairs that can be used for changing clothes. The actual hall where we had the wedding ceremony and the dinner is fabulous, especially the stained glass window that faces west where the sun shines through it. I loved this venue and would highly recommend it.

Sent on 11/28/2013

Shanon · Married on 05/03/2008

They were great. I loved that they charged by the hour it made it cheaper then going with someone else. And if you don't have alot of money then they are perfect. The place is beautiful.

Sent on 07/27/2008

I reserved the venue in March for an August wedding. They where very accommodating. Katrina was easy to get a hold of. They made the process easy to reserve and answered all my questions as soon as she could. We had a one hour free rehearsal that we were not able to take advantage of. The high ceilings exposed beams and stained window made the main room breathtaking. It was almost 100 degrees outside so no matter how much the AC was blowing it was still a lil warm. The ice machine broke down and we were unaware at first so we had to go in an ice run. My photographer did a great job with taking pictures angled with the trees in the background because the venue is right downtown Hillsboro. We were happy with the space for my 125 guests. We had 5 tables not able to be set up right away because we had rows of chairs in the front. After the ceremony everyone went to the Lobby while the last tables got set up by the staff on site. The bathrooms are downstairs for guests. There is an elevator for anyone needing assistance. Off the stage is a small private room with a bathroom. That was my hiding room as the bride. We signed the marriage license back there. The kids loved playing and dancing on the stage during the reception. We had it catered by our own choice of vender. We asked the manager of our local sports bar to come bartend. We had an amazing wedding.

Sent on 08/06/2015
  • O

Stacey · Married on 12/28/2007

I loved it! Looking back, I wish I had spent less on the venue and more on the photographer, but overall it was great!

Sent on 04/12/2008
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2019

A wonderful venue

I grew up in Hillsboro and even attended art classes at this space, never thinking that years later, I would get married there, but I am glad it happened. We both fell in love with the space. The team there was great and accommodating, and it was nice that they are flexible with you bringing in the vendor (caterer, DJ, decorator) of your choosing.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Angela · Married on 08/26/2006

The building is beautiful! It is an old church that has been remodeled and is set up to house concerts, parties and other events. Three stories! Full kitchen!

Sent on 01/13/2008

Christa · Married on 05/19/2007

3.0

This venue was absolutly beautiful. It's an old church that has been restored into a cultural center. It has a hude, grand, beatiful room that almost gives the vibe that your in a barn. The wood work is GEORGEOUS!

Sent on 01/24/2008

Lindsey · Married on 10/02/2010

4.2
      3.5

The Walters Cultural Arts Center is beautiful, and is the perfect size for a group of about 100. Beth is very sweet, and worked with us to get us what we wanted within the parameters of the facility's use requirements. Be prepared to do lots of paperwork to do a city rental - including liability insurance, etc.... The cost is slightly less than some other places. Overall, for us, the aesthetic beauty and ability to bring our own caterer was totally worth it.

Sent on 01/18/2011

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2017

Great location. The team there is friendly and easy-going. Loved the venue!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/31/2008

2.0

This place is beyond beautiful, and it was the perfect setting for our wedding! Stephanie, the event contact, was great and very helpful. The only problems we had were that our rehearsal was never scheduled and when we did come in for our rehearsal the lady that was there made us change our lay out for the ceremony. Also later I found out that the staff told my videographer that she couldn't stand where i had put her and made her move to the back side of the venue. I didn't find this out until I saw the video and you do not see any of my face during the ceremony and only part of my husband's. I would definitely recommend having this venue it is worth the price but make sure you have all your details hammered out specifically before the day of.

Sent on 08/17/2008

Alix · Married on 03/06/2009

2.8
      3.0
      1.0
      3.5

This was a beautiful site and a lovely location. We had fabulous pictures and the event went off without a hitch. Problem is, because they are owned by Parks and Rec, there is NO flexibility whatsoever.

Want your name on the sign out front? No. Want some help/referrals for the actual event? No. Want to add a table at the last minute? OK, that will be $6.

Very nickel-and-dimed and very impersonal planning. But if you can get past that, it's a beautiful site to host an event.

Sent on 04/14/2009