Walter Burke Catering Reviews

16 Reviews for Walter Burke Catering

1 User photo

Walter Burke Catering 1

Sasha · Married on 10/06/2018

Delicious! It’s rare that the bride can taste the food with all those butterflies in the stomach. So it’s saying a lot to be wowed amidst the celebration. Not only were the selections perfect but the service was truly wonderful. Our servers had big smiles and felt like they were part of our lovely celebration. Angela is the best and always got back to us promptly. Everyone raved about the food and we had quite a few real foodies;)

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Walter Burke Catering 2

Elizabeth · Married on 09/15/2018

Above and beyond service! Food Quality was excellent!

We had 200 guests at our outdoor wedding! Walter Burke team provided excellent staff service from the cocktail hour through the cake cutting! They were very professional and the food was outstanding. Rave reviews from all of our guests! Would definitely hire them again!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Diana · Married on 09/08/2018

Great choice for New Mexico wedding!

Walter Burke Catering was fantastic for our northern New Mexico wedding! They were professional, flexible, and responsive from our first email contact through to the wedding day. They were very open to our suggestions and worked hard to make sure the event was exactly what we wanted. Walter Burke provided appetizers for our cocktail hour, three New Mexican food stations for the reception, and two dessert options - and all of it was delicious! Deidre was very professional and a great lead for our event. She would take the time to check in with us, but did not overwhelm us with details. We are very happy with our choice to go with Walter Burke and we would gladly recommend them to anyone getting married in New Mexico.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Casey · Married on 08/25/2018

Just to set the scene, we did not want to have a cookie cutter chicken or steak wedding, we were getting married in Santa Fe! We wanted all the southwest cuisine you could fit on a menu and WBC pulled out all the stops! Angela is just so pleasant to work with, offering invaluable advice along the way. The food itself was to.die.for! I think I ate leftover wedding food for 4 days straight after the wedding. The staff the day of were top notch. Rain threatened our cocktail hour and dinner and the staff seamlessly adjusted and were so friendly and hardworking. They also handled the liquor license for us; which worked out really well. The vendor they work with has excellent selection of beer/wine/liquor etc. Do not hesitate to book Walter Burke for your event!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Ellie · Married on 06/08/2018

Walter Burke catered my wedding at La Mesita Ranch outside Santa Fe and it was an absolute home run. I grew up in New Mexico and wanted a caterer that could show off the local food to our many out-of-town family and friends. Alexandra worked with me to plan a menu and figure out logistics. I'm living in Germany and she made everything wonderfully easy / stress free to handle from afar. At the wedding, the food was delicious, presentation lovely, and the staff very professional - all orchestrated without a hitch. I had contacted many caterers before finding Walter Burke and as a final bonus, they were a great value. They served at a tough venue (had to construct an outdoor kitchen in a tent) and were able to do it all for much less than any other quote I received. They also were the most willing to work on per plate pricing so that it fit within my budget. I 100% recommend this excellent company!

Sent on 06/26/2018
  • F

Felicia · Married on 03/03/2018

Angela Reese worked with us in planning the menu and tweaking it to accommodate all the different palates and allergies of my guests. The tasting that we did a month prior to our wedding was a delicious prelude and allowed us to perfect our menu. We had both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception catered by them, and both meals were very good. Susan was our captain and she went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. We had 2 cakes the chocolate ganache and chantilly white. The chocolate cake was too die for! The chantilly cake was dry and if I had to do it again, I would have made an alternate choice. The sugared fruit on the chantilly cake was good. We chose a buffet, and the salmon had a great flavor, but some of the guests commented that at room temperature was not as appetizing. I would highly recommend the avocado wonton hors doeuvres! Overall, we were very satisfied, the menu and service provided.

Sent on 03/11/2018

Carmen · Married on 10/08/2016

Walter Burke Review
    Planning and Communication
    When we reached out to 4 caterers, Walter Burke was quick to respond. We requested an in person meeting, copies of potential menus and pricing and information about their availability on our requested date and information about whether they would be willing to work within the constraints of La Mesita Ranch's liquor policy.
    They were the only caterer able to respond in a direct and quick way (The Hilton at Buffalo Thunder had to create a new pricing structure for La Mesita Ranch....Hotel Santa Fe returned our 6th or 7th call and was in the midst of a staff transition...other places didn't return our calls). We met with Angela and planned everything out in an hour. She was patient with the small number of changes we made between the summer planning session and the fall wedding.
    They were patient with the difficulties we had finding a date for a site visit to La Mesita.

Set up, take down
    They were super-efficient in the process of setting everything up and taking everything down. They brought everything they said they would bring and had 1 or 2 extra things that the property was supposed to provide but didn't.

Beauty
    The event was stunning. The 50-person table was absolutely gorgeous. We provided our own flowers, conversation cards, votive candles, and table cloths (recommendation: rent the table cloths and don't spend hours of your life ironing). They set the table up and it was beautiful. They also did separate set ups for a cello concert/champagne event, the wedding cake cutting and a coffee bar.

Food
    We ordered steak, salmon, a vegetarian option and some kid options. Our food was cooked perfectly, delivered hot and the quality was just what I'd hoped for.

Personnel
    The event manager and the staff made a point of introducing themselves, they were attentive. I didn't see one person flagging down a server all night. They seemed to be everywhere they were needed watching for wine and water glasses

Sent on 10/11/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2016

Walter and Burke catering is all around wonderful! I planned a wedding for my sister from hundreds of miles away without seeing the venue and couldn't have done it without Walter and Burke. Right from the start they were very helpful and friendly, taking the stress out completely. They were very flexible and let the bride create her own menu and cake and worked with us on budget. Alexandra (who worked with us the whole time) even took a trip out to the venu ( a 30 min drive) and mapped out the entire layout to make sure everything would fit and sent it to us. Walter and Burke provided tables and chairs and the food and cake. The food was amazing! All of our guests said it was the best wedding food they have had. We chose a buffet style, but the staff still did table service, filling drinks, clearing plates and they brought cake to everyone which was a really nice touch. I would highly recommend Walter and Burke catering to anyone planning an event in the Santa Fe area.

Sent on 05/30/2016

Jaimee · Married on 05/06/2016

We had an incredible experience working with WB Catering! Communication was always prompt and friendly. Angela is an absolute gem- she provided great ideas and options but was never pushy. From mint pea soup to passionfruit mousse, the entire meal was delicious. We ordered brunch for the next day and their team left it neatly packaged for us to heat. We had leftovers for the rest of the weekend! The staff was super professional and fun. I would certainly use WB again and highly recommend the food and service!

Sent on 05/20/2016

From start to finish we had a five-star experience planning our destination New Mexico wedding. We planned everything over the phone with Angela at Walter Burke as we were out of state. She was so flexible to every request and had fantastic food pairing suggestions for different courses. Our event was held at a magical Hacienda with our closest family members joining us for the weekend. Our wedding night was perfect! Walter Burke Catering has superior, professional staff, outstanding service, and a 5-star menu. Our guests loved the family style meal at a long table, beautifully decorated with gold chargers and different courses that came out over a 1.5 hour time period. The food was plated artfully and tasted even better than it looked if that's possible :) The staff packaged all of our leftovers and we had a wonderful lunch the next day. Walter Burke- you're the best!

Sent on 11/04/2014

We married on 8/30 and we can not say better things about WB. Everyone told me the food was amazing and they continue to rave about it. Angela was attentive and responsive and volunteered free advice to help us secure everything we needed rental and liquor wise and ensure it all ran smoothly. Lilly was our day-of captain and she was super on top of things. The only complaint (if I have to find something) is that we did not receive refills on our water during dinner. As the Bride & Groom, we were parched so it would have been awesome for them to check on us, but I know they were busy! Oh, and our bartender was awesome, total sweetheart!

Sent on 09/20/2014
  • User2034073 · 2+ years ago

They were AMAZING. Everyone complimented me on the food. They were helpful, flexible, and able to work within my budget. Definitely hire them!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Jamie · Married on 08/27/2011

Wow! I cannot say enough good things about WBC. We got married in Santa fe, but we live in Texas. We weren't able to schedule a tasting due to our schedule, so we were relying only on word of mouth. Angela did such a great job listening to what we were wanting and putting together a menu. Needless to say, we were completely blown away when we finally were able to eat!! The food was amazing! I highly recommend their green chili chicken enchiladas. Our friends are still calling us talking about it! Besides the food being unreal, their service was impeccable. We feel that they went above and beyond what we expected. They set and cleaned everything. I believe the captain that night was Evan and he was amazing! so nice and helpful! I would recommend WBC to everyone!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Jennifer · Married on 05/29/2010

Walter Burke Catering made my wedding day. They offer rentals AND catering, so I didn't have to deal with anything. Their menu is delicious and they do all set up and clean up. I was surprised by how much work they actually do the day of. I had my own table decorations which they took early in the day and set up for us, as well as other decorations like the escort cards and card table. We also had a large dessert table that they took care of. The service was lovely. They don't provide alcohol, but they will purchase it at cost for you. My event coordinator, Angela, was really, really fantastic helping me to select and purchase the alcohol. She is very knowledgeable about local wines and helped to select wines that everyone loved. Walter Burke essentially acted as my day of coordinator, making sure that my vision was realized and everything got set up according to plan. I thought the work they did was far outside the normal scope for their business and I was extremely pleased with the result.

Sent on 06/22/2010

Amy · Married on 07/21/2007

I could not believe how wonderful the food was! We opted for a kind of cocktail party setting in between meals (saved us a bundle, too!), so we had a ton of appetizer-like foods, so there was more variety and everybody was happy. They were so flexible, I could change the menu up to a week before the wedding, and they were so professional and of such high quality, the day I went in to meet with the head of catering, they staff was bustling around because that happened to be the day they were taking care of Oprah!

Sent on 01/02/2008

3.4
      2.5
      3.5
      3.5

The planning stage was great, they were flexible, they were hesitant about some items that didn't fit their usual protocol. The day of the "captain" was fantastic. The ceremony went by much quicker than expected and they got h'ordeuvres out right away. They did run out of the meat option, and when we provided feedback received no response.

Sent on 07/09/2015