23 Reviews for Walsh Wedding Stories

Destination / Travel (1)
Video (1)
Prints (1)
23 Walsh Wedding Stories Reviews

Where to start? What a ride our wedding was. When someone tells you planning a wedding is “stressful…” it is the understatement of the century. Every possible thing that could go wrong at a wedding, went wrong at our wedding: Hurricane devastating the country, earthquakes, strikes at airport in Madrid for guests flying out of Spain, hundreds of canceled flights, 42 guests stranded at a myriad of US airports, makeup artists walking out on the bride 90 minutes before the wedding due to a massive hangover (who she flew from the US to Guatemala for this event,) difficult hotel staff, bridesmaid getting strip searched at airport by sleazy agents, landslides on road reaching venue, missing tuxedo bowtie, a plethora of additional charges made by vendors hours before the wedding with threats of walking out on us if we didn’t pay additional charges upfront, rain, police trying to shut us down mid-wedding for noise, missing groomsman, 18 more guests showed up than confirmed so we did not have enough dinner places for guests… The calm in our storm was Rodolfo.
We reviewed a plethora of online wedding pictures from social media, selected our 3 favorite photographers and planned to interview each. Rodolfo was the second person we saw and didn’t even need to check the 3rd. He was charming, kind, incredibly attentive and professional.
Fast-forward several months to our wedding, he said he’d arrive by 4pm and he was there 1 hour early to make sure everything was prepared. He and his staff we prompt, professional and always on top of capturing the next best moment. What we’ll carry in our hearts from that day was the smile Rodolfo always managed to turn for us. He shed a different light every difficult situation that arose, and we couldn’t help but laugh. What started out to be stressful and problematic ended up in laughter and amazing photographs. The pictures he took look like magazine covers, he's amazingly talented. I’ll share 3 of my favorites here.

Profile Picture Sebastian, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was really amazing. We felt very comfortable with Rodolfo, he and his crew were very professional!! His creativity captured moments that made our wedding day more magical and special that exceded our expectations. Thank you for making our day the best!!

Profile Picture Cecilia, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Excellent work and experience!!!! Before I even started planning my wedding I had been following Walsh wedding photography on Facebook for a looong time and always loved his work. So when it was time to look for a photographer I contacted Rodolfo via messenger and soon got a quick response. He was very friendly and easy to communicate with. He sent me different package options by email and was very flexible when it came to changing a few things in the package and adding extra hours. For my wedding being in Los Angeles California, him and the videographer both had to fly out here which the pricing was included in the package as well. He made everything very easy to plan. I picked them up from the airport And they stayed with my family, were very friendly and had a great time. Now, the PICTURES AND VIDEO of our wedding was BEYOND OUTSTANDING!!!! Love loved loved every single one of them! I didn't have to be worried of them capturing the special moments of the night because they were on it. They paid attention to every detail and even took shots of surrounding areas. They even looked up some places near by to take us there to take some more pictures. Overall we are super satisfied with their work, professionalism, and friendliness. My family loved their work that even my sister and brother in law are looking forward to using Walsh Wedding Photo in their future weddings. Will totally recommend to anyone who wants an outstanding work of your special day!!! :)

Profile Picture Edna, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Video, Albums, Digital Files

It is always challenging to find services when you are planning a wedding abroad. What I found through my experience, is that after contacting multiple photographers Mr. Rodolfo was the most responsive. He wanted to communicate over the phone right away, as he wanted to make sure he could meet and tailor our needs beyond the packages that he already offered. Our interactions allowed me to develop trust, and confidence that we were making the right choice. When we arrived in Guatemala, he asked to have a meeting with us. During our meeting in his office, he was eager to find out about us as individuals and to find out what we wanted to capture on this very special day.
I have to say the day of the wedding Mr. Walsh and his assistant did not take a break from beginning to end. We asked him to capture all of our guests and us during moments of laugh and tears, and they did just that. They were so observant that they managed to capture incredible smiles, stares, conversations, dances, etc.
We got more that we expected; the quality of their service, punctuality, professionalism, and the product they delivered went beyond our hopes.
We thank them for the beautiful memories they naturally captured for us.

Profile Picture vera, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Walsh Wedding Stories photographed and filmed our wedding. They were very professional and organised. They arrived on time to our event and knew exactly what they were doing at all times. Most importantly, they are very trustworthy, a company you can rely on to capture the most important day of your life! We are extremely happy and satisfied with their work. What impressed us the most is their creativity and ability to capture special moments, those that many times were not visible to the eye but that later you are surprised to see on the pictures and videos. The videos and movie trailers were amazing! Extremely creative and told the story of our wedding perfectly. It was a pleasure to work with Walsh Wedding Stories and we recommend them completely!

Profile Picture Florence, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Wonderful photography service. Rodolfo and his team are the best. Our pictures and video are perfect.

Profile Picture Jonne, 3/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Very expensive and a bit slow on returning the photos, but high quality photos and ultimately worth it

Profile Picture User7506517, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were very satisfied with Rodolfo and his staff!! Planning a destination wedding can be tricky because most things are done over Internet and email and Rodolofo and his team made everything seem less. They were very accommodating with all requests and responded to all of our emails very quickly! Our pictures are more than we ever dreamed of. Would recommend him to everyone!

Profile Picture Kira, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rodolfo was AMAZING!!!!!!!! I found him online and we started chatting through email right away. He was quick to respond and so nice. We had a destination wedding at Dreams Las Mareas which was great, but I did't like the photo samples they sent so I searched for an alternative online. I am SOOO glad I found Rodolfo, his pictures were a thousand times better! The resort still took some pictures as part of the package and the difference in quality is ridiculous. Rudolfo's pictures were much more personal, better shots and way better angles. He really has an eye for picking great spots to take pictures! He was so easy to work with as well. We enjoyed meeting him and having a great time taking pictures. I have gotten my pictures back and they are awesome!!! Everyone that has seen them has really made a point to compliment my photos. We are so happy we booked Rodolfo!

Profile Picture Jen, 7/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

We absolutely loved working with Rodolfo Walsh photography! He has an amazing eye and spends the time to get the perfect shot(s)! He also makes his clients feel extremely comfortable and is completely bilingual. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User7379684, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We couldn't have asked for a more professional, talented and approachable photographer and videographer. True professionalism. Rodolfo flew over to Antigua for my daughters wedding. I was wary about paying the full amount before hand as I had never met him, but there was no need for my concern. On the day he put us all at ease in front of the camera. The weather on the wedding day was unfortunately not great so he returned to our hotel two days later so he could get some better shots of my daughter and her husband with no additional charge. Not many photographers would show such commitment and generosity. We needed a slideshow of photos for the following week for her wedding party back in the UK and he kindly provided this at no extra cost and on time. Rodolfo, we cant thank you enough for our amazing photos and video that we haven't stopped looking at!!

Profile Picture Karen, 4/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Rodolfo's team is fantastic and incredible professionals. They are very easy to work with, and make even de most nervous moments look perfect. If we could choose again we would definitely work with him again. Impecable quality and very important fluid communication with the team prior, during and after the event! Definitely recommended.

Profile Picture Jose Gabriel, 4/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Destination weddings are always challenging. Not only is it hard to plan via phone or email, but finding good, trustworthy vendors can be extremely difficult in the first place. Thankfully, Rodolfo was one vendor we didn't have to worry about.

We held our wedding near Antigua, Guatemala. When we asked a few people for amazing photographers, one name kept coming up: Rodolfo Walsh. After checking out his website, we contacted him and he immediately responded in a very courteous and professional manner. After that, each interaction we had with him was characterized by the same friendliness and professionalism. Each of these interactions kept reinforcing our trust in Rodolfo, which held all the way up to the prompt delivery of the photos and video. He was also flexible and responsive when it came to communication—we Skyped, called and emailed a number of times before the wedding.

Not to mention, the end product was amazing! We were blown away by the quality and creativity of the photos and video Rodolfo and his team helped put together. One thing I noticed was their passion for getting the right shot. For us, that meant they had to ride in the back of golf carts, jump over ponds, and scare off an army of small frogs—all to get to the right vantage point for the perfect picture. At the end, they truly helped capture our perfect day. Many of the people we've shown the photos to have even told us they look fake and dream-like (we assured them they were real—we were there!).

I would highly recommend Rodolfo for any local or destination wedding. In fact, he is photographing my sister's wedding next year!

Profile Picture Rolando, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

Planning a destination wedding can be stressful, especially when trying to find quality vendors! I was nervous to hire a wedding videographer without meeting him/her in person first but choosing Walsh Wedding Stories turned out to be a great decision! My husband and I are thrilled with the amazing video Rodolfo Walsh's team put together for us! The quality of the video and the editing is amazing! Walsh Wedding Stories is an amazing value and the crew was very respectful and professional. Rodolfo was incredibly receptive to our ideas and responsive while exchanging emails back and forth prior to my wedding day! I couldn't ask for a better experience and will recommend them to any bride planning a destination wedding anywhere in Central America! Thank you!!!!!

Profile Picture Anna, 3/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Rodolfo Walsh and Walsh Wedding Stories did a great job for our destination wedding / Mayan wedding ceremony in November of 2015. We thought he would be out of our budget, but Rodolfo worked with us and we found a good price and great value. He's a great photographer and very personable. Would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Tomas, 11/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I got married last year and in summary, Rodolfo's services were outstanding. Rodolfo & his crew were extremely professional and highly artistic, in fact, we didn't consider him just a photographer but rather an artist. He was able to create such beautiful images that we fell in love with his work. As well, he was very emphatic & listened completely to what we were looking for, likes / dislikes, etc. For example, during our wedding, a heavy rain began to pour just before the photo shoot session began and instead of sitting out to wait for it, Rodolfo immediately figured out creative ways to run the photo shoot, avoiding wasting time & money. The best part was that the result was terrific!

Anyone interested in working with him will find his services outstanding & completely worth of every penny. Fully recommended!

Fabrizio A.

Profile Picture Fabrizio, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Rodolfo is an amazing person and remarkable photographer!
He truly knows what he is doing since he was able to capture what we wanted from our wedding, and even more of what we could have imagined.

Rodolfo is a person who you can trust from the very beginning. It is important to have someone that inspires trust and that it is capable to communicate, mainly if you are planning a destination wedding.
We knew we were in good hands since the first day we had a phone conversation with him (and we met in person months after during our wedding weekend)

We had a destination wedding, it was a new place for Rodolfo; however, he made a good research about the place and already knew all the amazing spots for great pictures and video! Rodolfo was so amazing that he decided that my husband and I should have a couple’s photograph and video session before our welcoming party event. He was so great about this that he did not charge us for that =)

Rodolfo and his team are extremely passionate about their work, and the delivery was extraordinary. The pictures and video turned out to be wonderful, a great memory of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Valentina, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Thank you for that amazing work!

Professional work, ethic, passionate of his job and an excellent teamwork are some of the qualities that we had with Walsh choosing him as our Wedding Video editor.

His extraordinary work let my husband and I, revive the most important day of our life: our Wedding. They kept every detail and the most important thing we felt very comfortable working with him and his team.

If you are looking for someone to catch up does special moments don’t doubt to choose Walsh Wedding Stories.

Take a look at: https://vimeo.com/141207542

Profile Picture Carmen María , 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Rodolfo was great from the first time I contacted him via email. We are from London and we got married at the Blue Waters Resort in Antigua and Barbuda. We had never met before but I sent a partial payment before the wedding day. He was wonderful! Our wedding photos and highlight video are amazing! Even better than we ever imagined! He also gave us a few extras at no charge, such as the day before photo shoot and drone video. Rodolfo was punctual and efficient. He kept us at ease and is extremely friendly. I highly recommend Walsh Wedding Stories!

Profile Picture Mrs, 4/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

I had been admiring Rodolfo's work via Social Media (from the USA) since I knew that my now husband was "the one". I have always been drawn to wedding images that capture not only natural and spontaneous moments, but that are not over edited and where the "props" are provided by the backdrop of the location itself. I was looking for images that would capture our spontaneity as a couple and that were, most importantly, different than every other Guatemalan wedding image on the internet. I knew from the beginning that Rodolfo was the person for the job and we picked our wedding date due to his availability.

From the beginning of the quoting process to the delivery of our images and photobook, Rodolfo and his team answered emails with multiple questions and requests within 24 hours of me sending them, something important for a bride that is planning from 3000 miles away. Rodolfo is one of the top wedding photographers (in my eyes he is THE BEST one) in Guatemala and is known and trusted throughout the country for his art and I had no hesitation in trusting him when it came to our wedding (and our deposit). In fact, with the way technology is now, if I hadn't been able to travel to Guatemala to meet him, I am sure a Skype or FaceTime meeting would have been no problem. Also, I was able to make a transfer straight from my US-based bank to another US-based bank which also gave me the utmost peace of mind.

Rodolfo and his team listened to what we wanted, but his creativity, experience and dedication are what made our wedding images our most prized possession. I have received countless compliments on our pictures and wedding album.

Hiring Rodolfo and his team was the best decision we made, besides getting married in Guatemala, and we highly recommend him and his team.

Profile Picture Anika, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you´re planning your wedding, I can guarantee you can trust Walsh Wedding Stories- they made our wedding last forever with amazing photos of the most important wedding moments (and the ones that other photographers don´t often capture but are meaningful). They´re professional and take unique wedding photos.
In my wedding, they took amazing photos during the Ceremony (at Antigua Guatemala) and made our photoshoot in a waterfall in Atitlan Lake (in Guatemala) and he was able to capture the best of the landscapes and the views, as well as our love through his pictures. Walsh Wedding Stories also made my wedding movie trailer, which was amazing, from the music, to the moments captured, to the quality... A truly amazing job with the pictures and the video!

Profile Picture María, 3/21/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Rodolfo is a great photographer we are with our wedding pictures more than happy they are amazing. He is a very professional photographer he makes you feel comfortable! If you want unique and wow pictures book Walsh wedding photography!

Profile Picture Maidi, 3/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would say give Rodolfo a good description of your preferences, then let him guide your interactions. He is very thorough, professional, and creative. We live in California and engaged him for two sessions in El Salvador. First, engagement photos and then the wedding. We were extremely happy with both. He did great, and made sure that we knew what to expect and that we would receive exactly what we wanted. Rodolfo was perfect!

Profile Picture Lula, 11/8/14, 1 Review