Walnut Hill Reviews

Walnut Hill 2
  • Brian

Brian Aronson · Getting married on 06/04/2019

Amazing Location, Great Price

I had my wedding in April 2019, and Walnut Hill was the perfect wedding spot. The location is gorgeous, and they have a large farm house that is perfect for prepping in. There were no mosquitos, and the temperature was perfect on our special day. They had an awesome sound system for our DJ, and a large projector. Amanda, Tom, and Lisa (the owners of the location) were super accommodating and responsive to all of our questions. The location is also perfect because it is a) historic, b) in a quiet farm area, c) only a 15 minute drive from Raleigh, and d) across the street from a farm with a few adorable oreo cows (although both properties are so huge that you will probably need to cross the street to be able to glimpse the cows).

Overall, my friends and family were really impressed with the whole wedding. I think it was definitely the right choice and will be very memorable to them. The price is a steal too.

My one recommendation for anyone planning their wedding is to stay at the farmhouse the night before, and rent the farmhouse for one or two additional nights. It's an incredible location. I really wish I had spent more time there!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

They made us feel like we were family

We were supposed to have our wedding on the beach but because of the hurricane we had to move it last minute and they were able to accommodate all of our needs. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a barn wedding. There are multiple places to get married at the venue with a ton of beautiful scenery options for photos. The main house is also a very nice place to get ready if you are looking for that option. It was nice that both of us could get ready in the same place. Overall, a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Walnut Hill 3
    Walnut Hill 4

Paula Broughton · Married on 03/03/2018

A joy to work with!

The venue is absolutely stunning. Walnut Hill was so easy to work with and let us make our day unique to us as a couple. Amanda's help and suggestions made my wedding a huge success. I recommend this wedding venue to all brides for the most important day of their life

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/22/2010

Walnut Hill

Kind and flexible service. We had a beautiful wedding here! I (bride) walked across the bridge which made for a dramatic entrance. Many guests commented on how beautiful the venue was.

Sent on 11/01/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah Eavenson · Married on 04/13/2019

Dream Come True

Walnut Hill was a dream come true for our wedding day! From the day we met the owners daughter for a tour to the day we said “I do”, they were an absolute dream to work with. There is no venue in the Raleigh/surrounding area that offers all that they do for the price. This is the most beautiful venue that I have ever seen no matter the season or weather. I can not recommend them enough. Sending much love to Walnut Hill ❤️

Sent on 04/15/2019

Walnut Hill's reply:

We loved having you at Walnut Hill! Thank you so much for choosing us to be part of your amazing day!