Walnut Hill Reviews

Walnut Hill 7
  • Shannon

Shannon Spence · Married on 06/08/2019

Beautiful Venue and Amazing Team

I cannot speak highly enough about Walnut Hill, Amanda, and Jacqueline. To be honest, the beauty of the property speaks for itself and I was fortunate enough to secure the venue for my entire wedding weekend, which provided an awesome environment for me to socialize with not only my family, but also my bridesmaids. The venue has a spacious bridal suite, suitable for both hair and makeup as well as a groom's suite situated far enough away from the bridal suite that there was no fear of run-ins. I initially planned to host my wedding outside, but due to a chance of rain, we moved everything inside and it could not have been more beautiful. Amanda and Jacqueline made sure that all of my guests were comfortable and even provided a golf cart shuttle to transport guests from the parking lot to the venue, which was nice for our older guests. Throughout the reception, both of these ladies paid special attention to the bridal party as well as our guests and were so kind. If you want to get married at a beautiful venue with knock-out customer service, then I highly recommend reaching out to Walnut Hill. The experience was amazing and I will never forget it.

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Brian

Brian Aronson · Married on 06/04/2019

Amazing Location, Great Price

I had my wedding in April 2019, and Walnut Hill was the perfect wedding spot. The location is gorgeous, and they have a large farm house that is perfect for prepping in. There were no mosquitos, and the temperature was perfect on our special day. They had an awesome sound system for our DJ, and a large projector. Amanda, Tom, and Lisa (the owners of the location) were super accommodating and responsive to all of our questions. The location is also perfect because it is a) historic, b) in a quiet farm area, c) only a 15 minute drive from Raleigh, and d) across the street from a farm with a few adorable oreo cows (although both properties are so huge that you will probably need to cross the street to be able to glimpse the cows).

Overall, my friends and family were really impressed with the whole wedding. I think it was definitely the right choice and will be very memorable to them. The price is a steal too.

My one recommendation for anyone planning their wedding is to stay at the farmhouse the night before, and rent the farmhouse for one or two additional nights. It's an incredible location. I really wish I had spent more time there!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Anna · Married on 05/04/2019

What an amazing venue!

We got married at Walnut Hill in May and had an absolutely incredible experience. The venue is unreal and Amanda is beyond helpful. It's such a beautiful place and the people make it even better! You can save a ton of money on decorations because the venue is naturally awesome. Definitely get married at Walnut Hill!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

They made us feel like we were family

We were supposed to have our wedding on the beach but because of the hurricane we had to move it last minute and they were able to accommodate all of our needs. The venue is absolutely gorgeous and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a barn wedding. There are multiple places to get married at the venue with a ton of beautiful scenery options for photos. The main house is also a very nice place to get ready if you are looking for that option. It was nice that both of us could get ready in the same place. Overall, a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Walnut Hill 8
    Walnut Hill 9

Paula Broughton · Married on 03/03/2018

A joy to work with!

The venue is absolutely stunning. Walnut Hill was so easy to work with and let us make our day unique to us as a couple. Amanda's help and suggestions made my wedding a huge success. I recommend this wedding venue to all brides for the most important day of their life

Sent on 11/06/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/22/2010

Walnut Hill

Kind and flexible service. We had a beautiful wedding here! I (bride) walked across the bridge which made for a dramatic entrance. Many guests commented on how beautiful the venue was.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Carrie Oliver · Married on 04/27/2019

The Perfect Venue

Walnut Hill was absolutely the perfect place that I could have gotten married. There is a gazebo over a beautiful, serene green pond where we had the ceremony. The barn made for an amazing reception. We rented the venue for the entire weekend, which I highly recommend. The house on the property was amazing. My bridal party thoroughly enjoyed bonding and hanging out for one last girl’s slumber party the night before the wedding. Getting ready was a breeze. Everyone came to us (hair and makeup). We could go back and forth between the upstairs and downstairs. We would run downstairs to grab a snack or glass of wine and then head back upstairs to get ready where our makeup and hair stylists awaited. Everything was all in one place, which made it super convenient and less stressful on my part. Walnut Hill also has a plethora of places to get amazing photos. We did first look in the garden area in front of the house, formal family photographs at the front of the house, bridal and couples’ photos in front of the pond, moonlit photos in the gazebo and dancing with the barn as the backdrop. Words cannot express how picturesque this venue truly is. I have had so many friends and family talk about how beautiful the wedding was and how much they enjoyed the venue.

Now let me tell you about Amanda Peoples, the venue coordinator. She is an absolute delight to work with. I booked before the venue was completely finished being built/landscaped. She answered my bazillion questions quickly. She always provided lots of detail and insight with her responses. She was flexible and patient with me in figuring out all the details to my wedding the perfect day. Amanda accompanied me to the vendor they use for linens and furniture. She helped me make decisions and lessened the stress of having to make yet one more decision. She offered to be my day of wedding coordinator and then partnered me up with a friend who had a bit more experience as a wedding planner. This worked out wonderfully as well too. Her dad was also instrumental in helping to set things up.

This truly is a family friendly run business. I am so fortunate to that this family decided to share their property with others as a wedding venue. I hope everyone finds this venue as AMAZING and PERFECT as my special day was! Good luck and happy planning future brides!

Sent on 06/22/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Eavenson · Married on 04/13/2019

Dream Come True

Walnut Hill was a dream come true for our wedding day! From the day we met the owners daughter for a tour to the day we said “I do”, they were an absolute dream to work with. There is no venue in the Raleigh/surrounding area that offers all that they do for the price. This is the most beautiful venue that I have ever seen no matter the season or weather. I can not recommend them enough. Sending much love to Walnut Hill ❤️

Sent on 04/15/2019

Walnut Hill's reply:

We loved having you at Walnut Hill! Thank you so much for choosing us to be part of your amazing day!

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

Great experience, incredible value

We loved getting married at Walnut Hill! We had our ceremony on the lawn outside the farm house and then did our reception in the big barn. The landscaping is beautiful and there was so much space for our guests to look around and mingle. We were worried it might rain, but Amanda reassured us that even if it did rain, we could open up the wall of the barn and do our ceremony under the roof with the beautiful scenery of the flowers and lake behind us. Luckily, the weather was perfect (like mid-70s in June?!?) and we had a wonderful time. We booked this venue before they were even done building the barn, which was definitely a gamble, but after taking a tour even then, we were sold. When the building and landscaping was finished, we were blown away by how great it looked, and our guests were also in love with the space. Having the venue for the weekend was also super nice - we had our (very small) rehearsal dinner in the farm house and got to set up the space the day before instead of worrying about it so much day-of. Our only concern was the birds that live on the property - it was super cute to see the ducks and geese on the lake with their little babies, but it also meant that the sidewalks were covered with bird poop and had to be powerwashed twice within two days. But if you have them thoroughly power wash the sidewalks the morning of, it will be fine. The only other thing is that there is open access to the lake and a road so if you have little kids at your wedding make sure someone's keeping a close eye on them so they don't get hurt. All in all, Walnut Hill was such a beautiful space with so many options to customize our wedding experience and we were thrilled to have it for the full weekend for such a good price. And we wouldn't have done it anywhere else!

Sent on 06/22/2019