Walker's Overlook Reviews

136 Reviews for Walker's Overlook

• Melissa

Melissa W. · Married on 10/16/2020

Meet and hired!

Mark gave us a detailed tour of both venues he owns, but Walker’s stole my heart! The property is designed perfectly to have effortless flow from the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Everything that was included made the price worth every penny. I feel very supported and taken care by this team!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/12/2019

The most perfect wedding spot

We just got married at Walker's Overlook on 10.12.19 and it was MORE than we could have hoped for! The farmhouse and the surrounding open fields are absolute perfection and the tented reception space was perfect for our nearly 185 guests to have plenty of room for dinner and dancing while still getting to enjoy a view of the surrounding openness. We fell in love with the entire property the moment we toured it with Mark and ended up booking it later that day! Mark really took the time to completely show us the property and go over everything in detail and was clearly very proud of this beautiful venue (which was often lacking from other venues we had toured). They also provide you with a day-of wedding coordinator which was SUCH a blessing! Kimberly was our coordinator and mapped out an entire wedding day timeline and touched base with all of my vendors ahead of time to make sure everyone knew when and where they needed to be on the wedding day so the day was as organized as possible. I would have never been able to do this myself. She was there with us during the wedding rehearsal the night before to direct everything, she handled most of the set-up on the day of, and was keeping everyone on schedule before the ceremony & during the reception. If you think you don't need a wedding coordinator....trust me you do! And we were so grateful for everything Kimberly did for us to keep the day running smoothly! If there were any problems during the day, I wasn't aware of them. Everyone we worked with at Walker's Overlook was incredible and we are so grateful to everyone for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Evan · Married on 10/12/2019

A Perfect Choice

Walker's Overlook is a perfect destination for anyone looking for the ideal beautiful, rustic, outdoor wedding. The giant willow tree makes for a picture-perfect ceremony, and the staff working their does just as much to make sure everything goes smoothly. Holly was our day-of coordinator and she was unbelievably helpful. From coordinating with other vendors to arranging our timeline to herding people the day of, we couldn't imagine that day without her. She was accommodating, insightful, and organized. We're so happy with how our big day turned out and highly recommend Walker's Overlook.

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren O. · Married on 06/22/2019

Reception Venue

Walker's Overlook is the perfect site for your wedding reception! The venue is yours for the entire day! The large bridal suite is spacious enough for all your bridesmaids to get ready at the morning of the wedding! There is even a game room space for the groom and groomsmen to hang out in before the wedding. The staff is very friendly. Lori was my coordinator and did a fantastic job working with me to make sure all the details were in place and that I had nothing to worry about! The views are beautiful! Book now!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney C. · Married on 06/01/2019

First venue we looked at, nothing else compared!

This was the first venue we saw and nothing else compared. Mark showed us around the property and we loved the idea of bringing in all your own vendors. It is amazing that you have access to the property for the ENTIRE day, you get to use the house and the tent. It makes the day just flow so easily.

Shannon was amazing to work with. We have been in contact with her for 1.5 years during our entire planning process. She answered every question, helped with every vendor and executed the day perfectly. We never had to worry. Use the preferred vendors, especially Celebrations Catering. They work at this venue ALL the time and know exactly what to do to make your day perfect. They have a way of making you feel like you are the only bride and groom they have every had - I am so thankful for that!

We are forever grateful we found this hidden gem and would recommend it to all of our friends. We had SO many compliments on how beautiful, big and perfect our venue was! Thank you for everything :)

Sent on 07/02/2019

Walker's Overlook's reply:

It’s the end of the day and I just happened to see the email that I had a New Wedding review. Thank you so much for your kind words about our farm and about Shannon .
    I’m thrilled that you were happy with your wedding with us and this is a great way to end my day.
    Sincerely Mark

Hannah · Married on 01/26/2019

Beautiful venue

Loved every minute of our wedding here. From the historic house, the beautiful gardens, and the great tent space, I really can’t pick just one thing to be my favorite part of the venue. The bridal suite is elegant and great for makeup artists and hair stylists, while the guys have their own man cave downstairs. We had our reception in the tent, which was great because a rainstorm came through and the walls could be closed and then reopened when it was over. The views are so picturesque, this venue would be perfect in any season!

Sent on 06/08/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen V. · Married on 01/11/2019

Breathtakingly Beautiful

We just got married at Walker's Overlook on 11.01.19 and it was MORE than we could have ever imagined! The farmhouse and the surrounding open fields were picturesque and the permanent tented reception space was an amazing feel. We had 150 guests in all and it felt like a perfect space for that amount of people. This was the first venue we toured and fell IN LOVE and booked it on the same day (they are very popular and book quickly). The owner Mark is so kindhearted and truly takes the time to talk to you and tell you about everything. Our day-of wedding coordinator that is provided was SIMPLY AMAZING! LuAnn helped my husband and I out SO much by mapping out timelines, charts, vendors, etc. This was a huge help considering my husband and I live over 4 hours away. I do not think I would have been so calm and relaxed the days leading up if it weren’t for LuAnn and her communication. Our reception and set up was swift and smooth because of her! There are not enough words for how incredible Walker’s Overlook made us feel and I truly still cannot believe how perfect our day was because of them!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Keith D. · Married on 01/06/2019

This place was Amazing!

Mark,
    It’s hard to believe that’s it’s been 4 1/2 months since the wedding of our daughter Courtney to her husband Brian Cunningham. Time has gotten away from us but looking back on the whirlwind of a day we have to give credit where credit is due. Mark, you were a pleasure to work with and Walkers Overlook was simply beautiful in every way.
    From our first meeting with you Mark, we sensed that all our concerns were going to be put to rest. Your experience and calm demeanor helped to relax us and our newlyweds! And what can we say about Shannon…. other than she was amazing! From our first sit down where all her questions were directed to OUR wants and needs, to her follow up addressing all the details, no matter how big or small nothing was left to chance. Her knowledge of the vendors helped immensely on the day of and made everything run seamlessly.
    Diane and I cannot thank you enough for making Courtney and Brian’s day so special! It truly was a wonderful experience!

Best Regards,
    Keith and Diane Carpenter

Sent on 11/12/2019

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful venue!

Walker's Overlook was the perfect venue for our wedding. It is absolutley beautiful and pur wedding coordinator Missi was amazing!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Polly · Married on 10/27/2018

It was a spectacular day!

I just wanted to let you know how pleased we were with the Walker's Overlook venue and staff for my daughter's wedding last Saturday (October 20)! Everything about the day and the venue was spectacular from start to finish. And I can't say enough about how helpful Shannon and the closer were in making everything happen flawlessly. They were open and responsive to any request we had, and their positive attitude and energy helped keep the day on track and drama-free. Please pass along our thanks to both of them.

Kate and Rob chose Walker's because of the beauty of the venue, combined with the vibe that their guests and wedding party would just be able to have fun throughout the day and evening -- and you delivered on both counts. Of course it helped that the weather cooperated … even to the point that the crazy winds and rain at 9:30 pm totally died down by 9:40 pm so they could have their sparkler exit. Don't know if you had anything to do with that, but I'm happy to give you credit!

As they were leaving, Kate and Rob declared that the day had been "absolutely perfect" and that they wouldn't have changed a thing. I totally agree, and could not have been happier with Walker's Overlook as the place where they started their new life together.

Thank you again for everything you and your staff did on Saturday and leading up to the big event. We greatly appreciate all of your efforts to give our daughter the wedding of her dreams!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Anna · Married on 09/30/2018

Missi did an amazing job coordinating our wedding day! She kept in touch with me from the very beginning (a year before the day). There were so many things I wasn’t sure about, like the order of the ceremony as well as the flow of the reception. Missi was there for every step and not only walked us through before hand, but she watched and directed everyone on the day. If it weren’t for her the day would have been chaos. Walkers overlook is a beautiful spot and absolutely perfect for any wedding. They provided the house for us for the whole morning of as well as all of the tables and chairs. If I could go back I wouldn’t change a thing!

Sent on 10/09/2018
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2018

A Perfect Match: Beautiful Venue/Nice Staff

Walkers Overlook venue was beautiful and stunning. I loved getting married under that beautiful tree, with a tree swing! I love tree swings. Holly was my venue coordinator day of and she was just great. We went over every detail of our day and she created the perfect timeline of our day. She coordinated day of seat changes and unexpected guests, helped set up our decorations, and made the whole day easy for me. She worked great with our other vendors (Celebrations Catering, Blossom and Basket Florist). This was the magic combination of perfect venue, with the perfect caterer and florist, which to me is the foundation of the wedding going smoothly. When all of these staff members of each vendor communicate the way they do, you won't have to worry about a thing! Walkers Overlook Venue is a great place to get married.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Walker's Overlook's reply:

We always appreciate the reviews, it was the first thing I saw this morning when I open my email. What a great way to start the day.
    I will pass this on to Holly I know she will appreciate it.
    Thank you very much for having you wedding with us.
    Sincerely, Mark

Allison · Married on 07/28/2018

BOOK THIS VENUE!!! Missi, the wedding coordinator I worked with, was absolutely AMAZING. She was so responsive throughout the entire year right up until the wedding day, and was always so sweet and felt like family. I love how this venue includes a day-of coordinator in the cost...what a great idea!! On my wedding day, everything went so unbelievably smoothly. Whenever anything went wrong, Missi would come up to the bridal suite and calmly ask me what I would like her to do about it :)
    All of our guests could not stop raving about the beauty of the venue (we had a July wedding)...during the reception my husband and I took sunset pictures by one of the fences while our guests roamed the grass field and played on the swing hanging from one of the huge trees.
    Highly, highly, highly recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Allison,
    I will make sure that Missi sees your review, I am sure it will make her day.
    Thank you for your very kind words, Missi puts great effort into making sure her brides are happy.

Come back and See is anytime,
    Mark

Elizabeth · Married on 07/22/2018

I actually used the venue for my baby shower, however I highly recommend choosing Walker's Overlook for any occasion desired. The grounds are absolutely pristine and grogeous. The interior is just as wonderful and very well maintained and clean. The entire venue has such an warm and intimate vibe, you can't go wrong with choosing this location. Not to mention, Mark and David were absolutely wonderful to work with. Both were so very kind and accommodating, and quick to answer any questions you may have. Top notch service!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Dara · Married on 07/07/2018

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! Holly was our coordinator and was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely organized and helped makes me feel extremely calm and well prepared for the big day. There were unfortunate circumstances where the coordinator at Dulaney's had a family emergency, so unfortunately on our wedding day poor Holly was running back and forth between our wedding and the wedding at Dulaney's. No ones fault, but after the fact I think the situation should have been handled differently where Holly stayed with us for the day and someone else handled the other wedding. With that said, Holly handled this extremely well and was still available to make sure everything ran smoothly. We were so extremely lucky to have Holly as our coordinator and it's such an amazing perk that this venue offers.

Sent on 07/18/2018
  • NautiBride2018

Keri · Married on 06/09/2018

This venue is absolutely amazing! They will give you 12 hours for the price. You do have to book all vendors (i.e. catering, cake, etc) but the venue is stunning and the time they give you is more bang for your buck! The owner, Mark, is very professional and nice! All of the employees there are very down to earth and just all around good people. The venue can accommodate up to 300 people so if you're having a lot of people it's a good place.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Brittany · Married on 06/02/2018

We fell in love with Walker's Overlook on our first visit! The surrounding area was absolutely beautiful and the overall feel to the place was just so relaxed and romantic at the same time! Mark and Juanita (owners) were very responsive whenever we had a question, and they assign you a wedding planner as part of their price! Let me tell you, that was a lifesaver! Holly and Missy (our wedding planners) were simply amazing! They handled everything and made sure that our wedding went as smooth as could be and it truly was the most wonderful day of our lives!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Tatiana · Married on 05/27/2018

We had the best experiences by choosing Walker’s Overlook as our wedding venue. The venue is breathtaking, and my husband was instantly sold on it because of the awesome man cave they have for the groom and his groomsmen to get ready. Everything about this venue exceeded our expections, mainly due to the fact that we had the absolute best day of planner, Holly McKendrick. The venue assigns a day of planner, but Holly acted more like an actually wedding planner. She went above and beyond by helping us plan our wedding, and made sure to stay in contact with us through the whole planning process. She made planning our wedding that much more easier by doing far more duties than what a “day of” planner would do. The day of our wedding, Holly did everything to make sure all items where taken care of so that the bride and groom could simply enjoy their day without worrying about everything. Right after our ceremony it started to storm and Holly was running around making sure the transition of originally planning the cocktail hour that was suppose to be outside quickly had to change and be inside. She was running around back and forth in the storm and never complained making sure everything was ok. The whole staff at Walker’s Overlook is fantastic, but we got lucky to have had Holly as our planner. I cannot express how much I highly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a gorgeous and romantic wedding.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Rita · Married on 05/25/2018

It's one day after my daughters wedding at Walkers Overlook and I can't say enough good things about this beautiful venue, the professionalism of Mark Lynch and wonderful knowledgeable staff.
    We met with Mark last October to discuss having my daughters wedding at this charming historical home and gorgeous well kept grounds. Mark was generous with his time and patiently answered all our questions. I had been at Walkers Overlook a year or so before for a large formal birthday for my aunt. So I was sold already on having the wedding with Mark. My daughter and her then fiancé quickly agreed. Although I think the "man cave" was a big selling point for one member of our group. It was pretty neat with all the pin ball machines and just a fun setting for the guys. The brides area is elegant, private and relaxing with a view for the bride to overlook the area of the grounds and wedding area. The historical part of the home with a separate parlors to meet in small groups of family or friends. There is a modern huge functional kitchen. I had brought snacks pre-wedding and kept things in the huge refrigerator. We were allowed to arrive at noon to do last minutes personal touches and to relax before the 5:30 wedding. We had 163 guests and there was more than enough areas to roam around inside and out. The cocktail hour was on the patio and that is where appetizers were passed by our caterers waiters. I was free to use whoever I chose for the caterers, music, flowers etc. Mark gave us a list of the the different vendors he recommends. But he told us we did not have to choose from his list. I did choose his recommended Caterer and D,J and was very happy. Not to be forgotten is the wedding planner. Each bride is assigned a experienced planner. Lori was ours and she was invaluable. She was with us to consult with us on a time table before the wedding, during the rehersal on-site and the day of the wedding day. Lori was invaluable. She made our day stress free.

Sent on 05/26/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/13/2018

This venue is beyond gorgeous. The grounds are entirely breathtaking. The tent on the premises easily accommodated our approximately 250 guests with room for a nice sized dance floor as well. Although we did not expect rain on our wedding day and had to make some very last minute big decisions and changes with regard to our cocktail hour and ceremony, our wedding coordinator, Missi, remained calm and helped make everything run smoothly! Our day was just as special and beautiful despite the rainy weather. We loved having the venue to ourselves for the day and the bridal suite could not have been more clutch, fitting all 14+ females in the wedding party comfortably. Missi made sure all of our wedding signs, posters, and favors were placed in conspicuous places so our guests could easily find them! She was a pleasure to work with and always acted with utmost professionalism! We highly recommend Walker's Overlook and Missi as well.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Rydhwana · Married on 05/06/2018

My husband I were married at Walkers Overlook in May of 2018, and we could not have been happier with our experience. To begin with we decided to switch venues from Dulany's overlook to walker's overlook last year, as we realized our wedding size was going to bigger then expected. The owners were extremely flexible and without any issue they changed our venues.

We were assigned Holly as our coordinator and she really knew what she was doing, and was fantastic to work with. She was extremely friendly, helpful and ran the day without any issues. We realllllyy wanted to get married outside by the tree, however, it was raining all morning. The owners and Holly were so flexible up until 5 mins before the ceremony and they saw a 20 min window without rain- and the team made a quick game time decision, cleaned off all the chairs, moved our arch... and we were able to get married under that beautiful tree! Its a beautiful venue, with very flexible and reasonable owners. Being able to get ready at the bridal suite with 14 + people all morning made our lives so much easier! We couldn't be happier with our day and our decision to get married at Walkers Overlook!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Alexandra · Married on 11/04/2017

Walker's Overlook was amazing from the day I took the tour with my mom and my mother-in-law to our wedding day. I absolutely love the fact that it is a family-owned property. It shows in the way they treat their customers and their families. The venue is absolutely beautiful and it really helps to keep the stress level down the day of by having access to the property from the morning on. The house is beautiful and provides a great back drop for getting-ready pictures. Missi was our coordinator assigned by the venue and I could not have asked for a more amazing coordinator....SHE WAS PHENOMENAL. Everything I need (which was a lot to say the least) Missi helped me with in a timely manner and bent over backwards to make everything I wanted happen. I cannot say enough positive things about her. More than anything, when I chose a wedding venue I wanted it to be a place where both Craig and I, our families, and our friends could ENJOY our wedding day. The Walker's Overlook staff made that possible. I am forever thankful for them and all they did to make our day special. If you are looking for a perfect wedding venue, you have found it. You will not regret your decision to use Walker's Overlook as the venue to celebrate your big day! :)

Sent on 11/15/2017

Walker's Overlook's reply:

Your review made my day, we want everyone to feel the way you do.
    Thank you very much for all your kind words,
    Mark

Monica · Married on 07/23/2017

I am a wedding professional and have had the pleasure of hosting a special event at my favorite local wedding venue- Walker's Overlook. I have been to many venues in the area and Walker's is at the top of my list not only because it gets more beautiful every year, but because Mark, Dave and all of their staff make it even better. They are so friendly, down to earth and over the top accommodating that they make everyone feel like family. Although Walker's Overlook is so easy to get to, it is far enough off the road and nestled in the farm fields that you feel like you are in your own peaceful little world. This is the perfect place for a wedding or any event especially for families.

Sent on 02/18/2018

Jen · Married on 06/30/2017

This is the PERFECT wedding venue! We got married on June 30th and the ceremony under the tree was gorgeous. The venue held our 175 guests comfortably and still allowed for a huge dance floor. Getting ready in the huge, air conditioned bridal suite was a breeze. The vendors in the area are great and Holly, our coordinator was able to make sure we thought of every last detail. They allowed us to drop some stuff off a little early as there was not a wedding the night before and they helped us set it up the next day. Everyone in attendance loveddddd the venue and a month later we are still getting compliments. It was definitely worth the money seeing as how you get full use of the venue all day, an experienced coordinator, tent, tables, chairs, and a house. Other vendors in the area are amazing as well and there are a bunch to choose from. I wouldn't change a thing about this place!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Lydia · Married on 05/29/2017

Absolutely amazing. We had our Disney themed wedding here on 5.29.17 and it was everything we dreamed of. Everyone kept commenting on how gorgeoud our venue was and Lori made sure we didn't have a thing to worry about on our big day. Would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone looking!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Walker's Overlook's reply:

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review.
    We always appreciate it.