Walden Floral Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Becky F. Married on 10/02/2021

Beautiful flowers!

Walden Floral was a preferred vendor for our wedding venue, and it is easy to see why. I met with Denise in December 2019, for a September 2020 date, and from our initial meeting, it was clear she knew what she was doing. I told her one flower I had to have in my bouquet, and she took it from there.
    When our wedding needed to be postponed to October 2021, she went above and beyond to make sure she could still honor her contract with us, and when the weather forecast the day of our wedding was iffy - she was in touch with me all day going over my options.
    At one point, we changed our minds about centerpieces, and she sat down and talked me through some options that would be simple, yet elegant, and didn't break the bank. I irrationally loved my bridal bouquet. I could not have been happier with the flowers she picked to complement my original flower, and it was absolutely breathtaking.

Walden Floral Design's reply:

Hi Becky!! Thank you for the great review! You were so wonderful to work with throughout the whole rescheduling and planning process. It has been a challenging time for wedding couples to adjust everything. All of us in the shop LOVED the beautiful colors you chose. Your bouquet photographed great in every image! Thank you for using Walden Floral Design. Wishing you the very best in your bright future!
    Teresa Married on 08/28/2021

Stunning Flowers and Service!

Our flowers were stunning! My sister worked with Denise 10 years ago for his wedding and we had to use her! Denise also did our flowers for our shower and everything was STUNNING! Denise worked so well with us over the past few years after we postponed our wedding twice. She took time to listen to my ideas and tell me her thoughts and what would look great! Our bouquets were everything I imagined and she made our centerpieces Pinterest perfect! She is a pleasure to work with and I would absolutely recommend her to everyone for your floral needs for your wedding or any events!
  • Bri
    Briana T. Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing experience!!

Our experience with Walden Floral was amazing from start to finish! We had a tight budget for our wedding flowers and Denise was able to work with it and suggest flowers we had not considered. When COVID changed our wedding plans, Denise and her team were consistently communicative and adaptable. The end product was absolutely beautiful and true to our design vision! We got lots of compliments!!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth S. Married on 08/31/2020

Exquisite Wedding Flowers

I am so glad I chose Walden Floral Design for my wedding in Aug. Due to Covid I chose to downsize the wedding to a small intimate backyard ceremony and toast. Denise didn’t skip a beat and helped me change our original plan to make the most out of the situation. I wanted to use my dad’s zinnias and Denise worked them into my bouquet and the ceremony flowers just beautifully! She was SO easy to work with; very helpful and knowledgeable about flowers l, colors and design. I highly recommend using Walden Floral Design for your wedding. I will be using them again next year for the big wedding reception we had originally planned, as well.
  • Mary
    Mary W. Married on 06/26/2020

Best Florist Ever!

Walden Floral Design was absolutely a joy to work with even under the circumstances due to the pandemic. The owner, Denise, went above and beyond to make our day special. We decided to have Denise do our flowers for a small ceremony on our original wedding day and we will use her again for our big event next year. Her flower arrangements were absolutely breathtaking and she was so helpful especially under all of the stressful conditions. Denise has such amazing expertise and she was always so warm and welcoming. Denise went out of her way to make our day absolutely perfect. She is truly talented and treated us like family. I would highly recommend!!
  • Nikki
    Nikki Married on 06/20/2020

One of the best vendors for the entire wedding!

Denise was truly one of the best vendors I had for my wedding and we felt so fortunate to have found her. As someone who is not a flower expert, I brought inspiration photos for our initial meeting where she was able to determine my style and interests and stayed within my budget without any issues. She built flowers in front of me and stayed with me for a while discussing my vision. During COVID when we had to postpone, she made rescheduling simple. She even did flowers for my microwedding in June 2020! She was able to incorporate the lace from my mother’s communion dress into my bouquet, and created arrangements for all the areas of my wedding that I loved. They lasted for long after the wedding as well! The team here is truly remarkable and I cannot recommend them any higher. Everything on their end for the wedding day was flawless! You won’t regret hiring Denise.
  • Allie
    Allie Married on 09/28/2019

Science meets Autumn

From our very first meeting, we new Denise and her team was the right fit for us. Our vision was very specific, and she delivered!

We wanted deep, fall-inspired colors (my request) in beakers and Erlenmeyer flasks (his request). Each table had a large flask with a medium-sized arrangement and 3 small beakers with a small arrangement. It allowed 4 guests to take a home a part of the centerpiece per table. It was a very clever idea from Denise.

The ceremony decor were larger arrangements that were flipped to the reception space. The ceremony was a white tent, and my special request was that all the flowers were bold and vibrant. Her arrangement was perfect! She even helped arrange the flowers in the ceremony space then again in the reception hall a few hours later.

We also use Walden Floral for the personal flowers (bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages) and cake flowers. Don't forget to ask Denise about the toss bouquet!

Walden Floral Design's reply:

Hi Allie! Thank you so much for the great review! You were so much fun to work with and the whole team really enjoyed designing your wedding! The colors you chose were rich, deep, and a joy to work with. And your "scientific inspiration" was light-hearted and a whimsical! Thank you for using Walden Floral Design. Wishing you both a lifetime of health and happiness!
  • Michael
    Michael P. Married on 09/15/2019

So Excellent/Great Vision

Denise from Walden Floral Design did an AMAZING job on the flower arrangements from the centerpieces, to the the arbor of branches along with the flowers at the base of the arbor as well. They were absolutely gorgeous. My wife and I were blown away on how amazing all the flowers for the event looked. Even our guests complimented the flowers and the colors of the flowers itself. Denise did a great job and you can tell she enjoys really perfecting her craft.
    Courtney W. Married on 09/07/2019

Best wedding florist

We had the BEST experience with Denise & Walden Floral! We hired them as our wedding florist and they did an amazing job. During our initial consult Denise was extremely knowledgable and offered helpful advice. She listened to all my ideas & worked with our budget. Throughout the process she was very organized and responded quickly to emails. Our flowers on wedding day were absolutely beautiful & exactly what I had envisioned! We received so many compliments on the church & venue flowers. I highly recommend working with Walden Floral & I am so thankful they were our wedding florist!

Walden Floral Design's reply:

Thank you, Courtney!! We so loved working with you and your mom on your wedding floral designs. We wish you and Brooks all the best in your new life together! Thank you for the lovely review.
    Tara F. Married on 08/17/2019

Beautiful Flowers!

For my daughter’s wedding, I worked with Denise. Working with Denise was a fantastic experience as she made this important and difficult task enjoyable. I am not skilled in the area of floral decorations so I relied heavily on Denise’s talent and extensive knowledge about flowers, arrangements, and overall décor. She made the process very easy as she is extremely organized, prompt, and efficient. She understood our needs and gave practical and honest advice. Not only did she give advice about the flowers, she helped with the overall decor for the venue. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. My daughter’s bouquet was stunning as well as the 8 bridesmaids’ bouquets. In addition, the floral arrangements on the tables were amazing and the cake looked beautiful. As an added bonus, she prepared a sample of the table arrangement a few weeks before the wedding. This allowed my daughter and I to make adjustments. The flowers were promptly delivered and set up at the venue without any problems. We are extremely happy with Walden Floral, including the reasonable pricing.

Walden Floral Design's reply:

Hi Tara! What a wonderful review! Thank you! All of us at Walden Floral really enjoyed designing and setting up your daughter's wedding. You were so lovely to work with and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your fantastic comments. You were truly a pleasure to work with. Thank you for using Walden Floral Design and I wish you and your family all the very best life can bring! Denise
    Liz Married on 04/20/2019

Most knowlegeable florist in Chicagoland

If you are like me and have a vision in your head of what you want and just a stockpile of pins on Pintrest of different looks and flowers Denise at Walden is your best bet! I told her what I wanted and showed her a bunch of pictures and she put it all together perfectly. She definitely helped make my day come together just the way I wanted it to.

Walden Floral Design's reply:

Thank you, Liz! You were so much fun to work with - I loved your ideas and I'm thrilled that you were happy with my input, too! I wish you, Dylan, and your families all the very best. Thank you for using Walden Floral Design.
    Teresa Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful!

Working with Denise and the Walden team was a pleasure! Our flowers and colors were beautiful for our fall wedding and received a ton of compliments! The day of the wedding, they arrived on time for flower drop off to multiple locations for bride and groom flowers and did an amazing job with reception set up! You can't go wrong with Walden!!
    Patty W. Married on 10/12/2018

Perfect Flowers...Perfect Day!

Choosing Walden Floral Design to do the flowers for my daughter’s wedding was the best decision I ever made. Denise and her staff are simply fantastic! All aspects of the Floral work were perfect! They helped walk us thru flower and design options and all of the flowers were fresh and breathtaking. The staff was prompt and accommodating and Denise was very flexible in taking care of some special needs we had. She was intent on making my daughter’s vision a reality. If you want an exceptional florist..... choose Walden! Book early....because everyone wants them!
    Christine Married on 09/15/2018
    Would recommend to anyone needing flowers! Denise was wonderful to work with and she really did an AMAZING job on everything we needed for our wedding.
    Jessica Married on 09/01/2018

Best floral vendor in Chicagoland

I wish I could give Walden MORE stars. They were, by far, my best vendor to work with. They gave me exactly what I wanted and stayed UNDER my budget. Denise worked with me to customize EACH arrangement and she did an amazing job!! I was really picky about what blooms went where and all of my requests were met and more! I can't recommend them highly enough, do yourself and favor and make ONE part of your wedding planning fun by hiring Walden.
    Karen Married on 08/04/2018
    Lena Married on 07/14/2018

Stunning arrangements

Walden Floral provided absolutely beautiful bouquets for my wedding. Denise worked with me to choose the best flowers and color combinations. The result was more beautiful than I had imagined. I am very grateful for Denise’s guidance, creativity and hard work on our behalf.
    Sarah Married on 06/29/2018
    Denise and the Walden Floral Design team did a great job with our wedding florals. Denise was extremely responsive and helpful. In our introductory meeting, she took considerable time to help me think creatively about how to stay within my floral budget, and what florals would stand up to the wear and tear of a wedding day. She delivered our floral order as requested. The Walden Floral team made an incredible bouquet and floral crown for me, and they did a great job with our eucalyptus garland for the banquet tables at our reception. Our attendees' boutonnieres and bouquets were a lovely combination of whimsical and sturdy. I would absolutely recommend working with them for your wedding! Thank you, Denise. :)
    Steve/Debbie Married on 06/29/2018
    We were impressed with Denise Walden and all of the staff at Walden Floral Design. They stepped in and made our daughter and her husband’s wedding beautiful! The bouquets, the table flowers, the candles, and every floral aspect of the wedding were done to our daughter’s vision and were done very well! Bob from Walden gathered everything at the end of the evening so we did not need to be concerned about the cleanup. Quality is the word we would use to describe their floral artistry and efforts.
    Kimmy Married on 06/15/2018
    Walden designed and delivered our beautiful bouquets, centerpieces, etc and they went above and beyond our expectations. I’m very picky when it comes to flowers, but Denise helped me design beautiful bouquets and centerpieces for my wedding. Walden has extremely helpful and kind people working there and I would highly recommend them for your wedding!
    S Married on 01/27/2018
    Denise was amazing to work with for our wedding. She was excited about our ideas (winter but not Christmas, corsages for the bridesmaids so they didn't have to hold something, candles, etc) and willing to work within our budget to make it happen. We had beautiful arrangements for both the ceremony and reception - she was even willing to include some little wire figurines I had DIY'd for the table centerpieces! She even made planning from out-of-state easy, and responded promptly to emails or phone calls.
    Lauren Married on 10/28/2017
    WOW...where to start?!? Denise and her team are nothing short of AH-MAZING. We shopped around and I felt extremely comfortable with Denise. She was so specific with each flower and I felt that I knew exactly what the flowers were going to look like. She spent so much time with us and I truly appreciate that because I didn't stress a bit about the flowers. And as any bride knows, there's so much to stress about, so not worrying about my flowers was so helpful. I was STUNNED when I saw all the flowers for our wedding. My bouquet was gorgeous, the bigger arrangements were shockingly beautiful, all the centerpieces were better than I imagined, and all the other flowers were perfect. After using Walden Floral, I now have a florist for life! I was truly sad about going on my honeymoon right after the wedding because I didn't get to enjoy the flowers after the big day, but all my friends and family did. The flowers lasted for a couple weeks after and my everyone who took arrangements home said they received so many compliments on the flowers and they asked where they came from because they were so beautiful. Thanks to Denise and her team. You all are the best at what you do and we can't thank you enough!!!
    Karen Married on 09/02/2017
    Denise the owner transformed our drab reception room into an enchanted forest. She was such a pleasure to work with and had terrific recommendations.
    Ann Married on 08/26/2017
    Wow wow wow! Walden Floral Design did a beautiful job providing flowers for my daughters wedding. We were referred to Denise Walden by a friend who just raved so much about her own daughters wedding flowers that I had to set a meeting. Denise spent over an hour with us just discussing our vision. She wrote out an entire quote that day providing incredible detail and guidance, all before we had even decided to go with her. Denise was incredibly knowledgeable and has been in this business for over 30 years....it shows. She created wedding bouquets right in front of us with real flowers to show us her ideas. Needless to say we chose her and we were blown away. Not only did she try and help us stay within a budget, she helped provide the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen. She also helped me with decorating ideas for the reception tables and provided cost cutting ideas in general. All night people commented on the flowers. Incredibly professional, streamlined and a pleasure to work with. Best vendor experience by far! With gratitude, Ann Wyant
    P Married on 08/26/2017
    Denise and her team did a wonderful job with the flowers at my wedding! They were great to work with from the start. I would highly recommend Walden Flowers for you floral needs.