Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa Reviews

96% Recommended by couples

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2024 Winner

C T Sent on 01/18/2024

Destination Wedding

We had a great experience with Blush Weddings. Lauren and Crystal were so attentive and professional. Every email/correspondence was answered quickly. The location was perfect. I wanted to get married on a beach and that was exactly what I got. The scene was absolutely beautiful. I would ask Lauren for her recommendations on things, and completely trusted her judgement. The end result was perfect. Thank you to Blush Weddings for making the process of planning a destination wedding so easy for us. I wish it didn't go by so fast! I would highly recommend Blush Weddings and the Marriott Waikoloa to anyone who is planning a wedding on the Big Island!
    Casey S. Sent on 12/15/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best decision we ever made!

We decided to have an intimate ceremony in Hawaii with our closest family and friends. We came out for a visit and fell in love with The Waikoloa Beach Marriott! The ocean views were spectacular and the guest rooms had everything we needed. Planning with the Blush Weddings Team was wonderful. They made our dream wedding very unique to what we wanted and we never felt pressured to plan with all the 'traditional' things you do at a wedding, just because. Our guests had an amazing time and everyone was raving about how this was one of the best weddings they've ever been to! If you want to work with the best, we highly suggest Blush Weddings & The Waikoloa Beach Marriott!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Helen C. Sent on 12/06/2023

Planning was a breeze!

We decided on a destination wedding in Hawaii to make things easier for our guests traveling from all over the world. We weren't sure what to expect, planning from afar. The beautiful venue and planning experience was far beyond what we could have dreamed of! Blush Weddings was so patient and kind with us through every step of the process. They guided us through every step and our day was the absolute best!! The entertainment was amazing, all our guests danced the night away and everyone was raving about the food! If you want a stress-free planning experience that doesn't disappoint, these are your planners and this is your venue!! Kevin and I will be forever grateful :)
    Thea W. Sent on 07/26/2023

Amazing experience

I was very impressed with the level of service provided with Lauren and Crystal they helped make my wedding day special. My friends and family all came from the mainland so I didn’t have the luxury of their assistance so I was so thankful Lauren followed up with me and had so much patience that I was able to have what I wanted on my wedding in a timely matter. The professionalism and patience throughout the entire process down to the actual wedding day was much appreciated, I’m really happy they were there to assist it was much needed. Thank you again ladies you are both amazing!!!
    Jessica G. Sent on 12/22/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful wedding in Paradise!

We started planning our wedding with the Blush Weddings Team only about two months away from our wedding date. Our previous wedding plans changed and we were in a panic! Lauren helped us through every step and put our mind at ease. We were blown away by how easily everything fell together and how beautiful it turned out! Blush Weddings and the Marriott exceeded our expectations throughout the process and delivered exceptional service on our special day! The Marriott staff was so kind and always had a smile on their faces. We highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a destination wedding! They are the BEST!!
  • Makda
    Makda T. Sent on 06/08/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing service and wedding venue

From professionalism to communication to hospitality everything was perfect. Our wedding planner Lauren was beyond amazing! She understands z importance of making everything perfect and she did her best to give us our dream wedding. We are so grateful we chose Waikato beach Merritt resort & spa
    Eva K. Sent on 02/25/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Blush Weddings Hawaii Exceeded Our Expectations!!

Lauren and Crystal at Blush Weddings Hawaii made our wedding dreams come true! Going into the wedding planning process, I was completely overwhelmed. There were so many choices in terms of venues, vendors, planners, cost comparisons, etc. I couldn't figure out where to start or how all of the pieces would fit together. We ended up selecting the Marriott Waikoloa Resort as our wedding venue because of the gorgeous location and because of the wedding package that was provided by Blush Weddings (which, when it came down to it, was a WAY better deal than other wedding packages I had received from other venues). Boy oh boy am I glad we made that decision! Lauren was my saving grace through the entire planning process. She was knowledgeable, organized, and anticipated our needs. On the day of our wedding and the 18 months leading up to it, she was all over every last detail, making sure everything went perfectly for our special day. It was super helpful to have Lauren organize our vendors, coordinate with everyone, and help deliver our vision. She was extremely responsive to my emails, which was great since a lot of the other venues & planners took forever to respond to me, which is extremely nerve-racking when you're a anxious bride! Lauren went above and beyond to help set up our welcome table, make sure the hotel maintenance staff took care of some peeling paint in our cocktail area, and was flexible with our ceremony rehearsal scheduling. Lauren and Crystal were also so sweet and were not pushy in the slightest (again, anxious bride over here!). All in all, Blush Weddings exceeded our expectations. We are so happy with how everything turned out and we would not change a single thing. Strongly recommend Blush Weddings Hawaii to make your wedding a magical one!

Aloha Eva,

Awwww you're so sweet! I had so much fun planning with you as well and am so glad we were able to make your vision come to life! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and we wish you many wonderful years of marriage filled with love and laughter!

Warmest Aloha,

Lauren
  • Kingston
    Kingston S. Sent on 03/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Blush Weddings was awesome!

We started our relationship with Blush around May 2020, with COVID pushing our wedding to March 2022. So we had a while to get to know our wedding planners. Erika, Lauren, and Crystal managed our wedding of approximately 50 guests. The planning process was smooth, with only minor hiccups due to some vendors being unavailable. Overall, very happy with communication and the planning process.

The ceremony was perfect and the reception was a party for all! We felt special and loved the whole night. We highly recommend Blush weddings to anyone looking for a wedding on the Big Island!
    Gabrielle A. Sent on 01/29/2022

Unforgettable Wedding!

Thank you Blush Weddings and Marriott Team! We had such a magical experience, with no stress and everything running completely smoothly. The Blush Weddings Team was so professional, sweet, kind, and accommodating. The wedding was so magical and beautiful. We thank you for everything!

-Gabrielle and Khalid
  • Venus
    Venus K. Sent on 12/14/2021

Lauren and Chrystal and Erika planned our wedding with Blush wedding

Lauren and Chrystal and Erika planned our wedding with Blush wedding. At the Waikōloa Marriott. They made planning an easy breeze for a destination wedding. They were all very professional and responsive to all our questions needs and ideas. I’d highly recommend these ladies to anyone looking for a planner that is there for you for all your needs to make your day magical.

Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa's reply:

Aloha Venus! Thank you so much for your kind words. We had so much fun planning with you and Elias. Your wedding was so beautiful, and you looked stunning! Your guests made your reception so fun. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed planning with us as much as we enjoyed our time getting to know you!
    Wishing you and Elias many years of happiness from the Blush Weddings Team!
    Megan F. Sent on 08/23/2021

Great service

They made my day so smooth and they were so helpful with helping me set up photography and videography for my special day. They worked with me on everything I wanted for the ceremony and keeping me within my budget. I appreciate you guys so much!
    Karlina T. Sent on 08/20/2021

Amazing People

Amazing team! Really sweet & helpful.
    The original date was 2020 but we were able to find something during 2021. Great communication & fast response for any questions I had.
    It was great that they had a list of vendors too, less work for a bride to do.
  • Jody
    Jody Sent on 12/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Thank you Blush Weddings!

We had such a great experience working with Crystal, Lauren, and Erika to plan for our wedding reception at the Waikoloa in August 2021. Wedding planning from the mainland is stressful enough, but when you add COVID into the mix, things get a little more complicated. The team from Blush Weddings eased some of that stress by being very responsive to my emails, patient with all my questions, and kept us up to date on Hawaii's COVID rules/restrictions. I can't thank this team enough for all their efforts in making our wedding reception even better than I could've ever imagined.
  • Alana
    Alana S. Sent on 08/13/2021

Blush weddings

We had the most beautiful wedding and reception at the Waikoloa Marriott. The food was amazing and it was so easy thanks to Crystal and Lauren! The venue is so beautiful with such an amazing view.
    Mike S. Sent on 08/04/2020

Very accommodating

Very accommodating even during the pandemic.
  • Yiyi
    Yiyi L. Sent on 05/28/2020

Exactly what I wanted!!

The planning process went very smoothly, Lauren has been very responsive and tried her very best to make the whole process very easy for us! On the wedding day, Crystal was on site with us the whole time and made sure everything went as planned. Our family and friends had so much fun that night, and we still talked about it these days. Thank you Lauren and Crystal for giving us the dream wedding we wanted!
    Celeste O. Sent on 06/01/2020

Beautiful & intimate ceremony

Lauren & Crystal really came through for us on our special day & everything went super smooth! We were so grateful & loved the way everyone involved coordinated together! Lauren met us prior to the big day to walk through the process & made us feel relaxed & ready for it all! Couldn’t of been more happy! Thank you Lauren & Crystal ;)
    Kailina Sent on 02/22/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Waikoloa Beach Marriott was an absolute dream to work with. Our wedding and reception was nothing short of spectacular. Our guests have labeled it the "#bestweddingever!!" From our stay in the rooms, the care of our guests, the food, the ballroom, the hotel staff in all capacities, and the level of care was exceptional! It's hard to put into words the gratitude and happiness that we experienced leaving our special day in their professional hands. The nontraditional details of our event were carefully accommodated and it felt as if everyone, including the staff, were so excited for us. It will forever be one of the happiest days of our lives!

Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy to hear about your great experience and look forward to your next visit to the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort and Spa!
    Renee Sent on 11/19/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Everything about our experience was perfect!!! Every detail was perfect and exceeded every expectation.

Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa's reply:

Mahalo! We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay with us!
    Tom Sent on 02/26/2019

Beautiful venue

The Marriott was the perfect setting for our wedding at A-Bay on the Big Island. Gale, Crystal, and Chantelle were all very lovely to work with. We couldn't have asked for a better day!
    Julia M. Sent on 02/06/2023
    4 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful but expensive wedding

Planning a wedding is hard, especially a destination wedding where you cannot visit the locations and taste the cake or food beforehand. With that in mind, the Blush Team was very helpful in giving us peace of mind. They were communicative and organized, and had a clear list of preferred vendors that we could draw from. I thought they could have done a better job describing what common things were not included in our wedding package (Eg a mic for someone reading a Bible verse or singing). They also should have allowed more direct communication with vendors because I believe a few things got lost in translation. That said, they helped me plan the wedding of my sister’s dreams and I think it’ll take a while before I can say I’ve been to any wedding as good as the one at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott. Thanks Blush Team!
    Anna Sent on 12/03/2021
    1 out of 5 rating
      1.0 out of 5 rating

Great hotel and staff, bad experience with on-site coordinator

The Waikoloa Beach Marriott is a wonderful hotel. The grounds are beautiful and all of the Marriott employees we encountered during our wedding were nothing but spectacular. Cheryl and Kristy at the front desk went above and beyond to help our guests and make sure that everyone staying in our room block were comfortable and had what they needed. Michaela helped with our breakfast and was so sweet and friendly when also in the pool area. Uncle Stevie, our bartender, was awesome and all of our guests enjoyed chatting with him during our reception. Michael, Director of Events, was also willing to take the time to listen to our concerns and feedback we had about our overall experience. He consistently followed up with us on all of our questions and we are so appreciative of that. They deserve a FIVE star review.

The reason I am rating this venue so poorly is due to a very poor overall experience with the onsite wedding coordinator, Crystal.

We began communicating with Crystal and her team in July 2019 while we were looking for a wedding venue. We met with Lauren from her team in September of 2019 and then shortly after we signed a contract with them to have our wedding in October of 2020. After signing our contract, communication with their team became much more challenging (pre covid). Once covid hit, communication became even more frustrating.

I understand that covid was hard for everyone, especially businesses and the wedding industry in Hawaii. I know that people were affected in many ways and that many had to go on furloughs, however, in general, I strongly believe that we as a society have learned how to communicate more effectively and efficiently with so much of life moving to a virtual setting. We had other friends who were also supposed to get married in 2020 on Oahu and their on-site coordinators would send monthly updates out to them acknowledging the changes with covid and what to expect. This was not done by Crystal and the team. We would constantly have to email them ourselves each time we heard there was an update to the covid protocols and regulations from the Governor of Hawaii to ask what that meant regarding our wedding. After asking these questions, we would then have to wait to hear back, sometimes days, sometimes a week. Most times, we did not even receive an acknowledgement response that they ever received our email and it was a pure waiting game, wondering if they saw our email or not. Clear and timely communication was a common issue for the 2 years that we worked with them.

Aside from the communication issues we experienced over two years, we had multiple issues with our BEO (banquet event order), including an almost $11k charge (that we did not owe) being missing by Crystal on our "final" BEO review. Subsequently we had to walk through each line item with a fine tooth comb and found that a lot of the floral changes we requested were also not updated on our "final" invoice. We spent almost 30 minutes reviewing this, with Crystal needing to refer back to our latest floral quote, which was not shared with us.

At our rehearsal, we were told we needed to be there 15 minutes early at 4:45 to meet with Crystal, however Crystal met our group after 5pm.

On the day of the wedding, Crystal showed up after all our vendors arrived, so when I had questions about the floral delivery I had to try to text her between our first look photos.

During our reception, we had four people crash the event who were not invited, one even ate cake off one of the tables. I was extremely upset about this and when we looked for Crystal, we could not find her, nor could our friends. After at least 10-15 minutes of them being there, I had to tell these people they had to leave me, something I do not think any bride should have to do. When I later told her about this she claimed she was at the entrance all night except for a bathroom break and that she wished I had told her this happened. I reiterated that we looked for her and so did our friends, and no one could find her.

I also requested to save all of my flowers after the event was over, as I had hoped to donate them locally. When I went back to get them two days after the wedding, my bride bouquet as well as 3 bridesmaids bouquets were missing. When I told Crystal this, she told me she saw my friends take them. I asked everyone who attended the wedding and no one took any bouquets, not to mention, as the coordinator, if you knew I wanted to save the flowers and you saw someone walk away with 4 of them, why didn't you stop them? Why would you just watch them walk off with them (if this really happened)?

The final straw for me was our bar tab. We received it and it seemed excessive, and we decided to ask Crystal about it, since she was the on-site coordinator and all communication with our vendors and anything regarding food/beverages went through her. Rather than helping us understand how the bar tab works, how the bartenders measure drinks and calculates them, or anything like this, she told me that I made the choice to host an open bar and, I quote, "Anna when I saw you and Jeremy in the lobby yesterday you told me your guest had a good time and several were hungover and one of your bridesmaids didn't make it to breakfast because she had too much the night before." I'm sorry but there is no direct correlation between how many drinks someone has to how hungover they are. There is no magical equation and I did not appreciate her taking what I said and trying to use it against me. This was an extremely lazy approach for her to take and I honestly felt like she did it because our wedding was over and she no longer wanted to have to do anything for us. Her lack of customer service and attitude in this situation was astonishing and very disappointing.

The lack of professionalism that was shown to us by Crystal was very unacceptable and not something any other couple or paying customer should ever have to endure. I did not enjoy the wedding planning process because of how challenging communication was, and the fact that everything had to go through Crystal and her team, other than the room block and photographer we booked on our own. This first year of planning with them, prior to needing to postpone our wedding was so disheartening that I did not want to postpone our wedding in 2020 and find a new venue and coordinator who placed more value on communication with their clients and professional customer service practices. We did not cancel as we were told too much had gone into our planning and we would not be eligible for receiving our deposit back.

Again, the hotel itself is beautiful and the staff employed by the Marriott were wonderful and they deserve FIVE STARS. However as long as Crystal and her team continue to coordinate weddings, I would not recommend this hotel/venue. I don't think anyone should have to willingly go through the same disheartening, disappointing, and frustrating experiences we had, especially as paying customers trying to plan their dream wedding.
illustration stars