Wachusett Mountain Reviews

Wachusett Mountain 3
  • Samantha

Samantha Bachant · Married on 07/13/2019

Such a beautiful place

We haven’t had our wedding yet but I highly reccomend this location, not only is it BEAUTIFUL but it is also affordable compared to other places that we looked at. My favorite part is that the $10,000 covers food, venue, and ceremony...not to mention they have to huge suits to get ready in. One for the girls and one for the guys, so we all get to be in the same building. I’ll leave another review once we have our wedding in July.

Sent on 03/15/2019

Taylor · Married on 08/25/2018

Beautiful!

My wife and I recently got married at Wachusett Mountain and I can not say enough good things about this venue! We picked this location because it is close to all our family and friends and the view was beautiful. Steffanie was fantastic to work with, she was easy to get a hold of and made sure we had everything we needed to make our day perfect. The food was delicious and the pricing was reasonable! Our guests still like to talk about how amazing the mash potato bar was! I love that they offer other little extras like shuttles, fire pit and how can you beat getting to ride the ski lift for cocktail hour! Those are our favorite pictures from that day! We got married outside pond side and had the reception inside the granite room, but I like that there was a few different outside options as well as indoor for both! We 100% would recommend this venue to anyone getting married!

Sent on 11/27/2018
  • Ariella

Ariella · Married on 08/12/2018

Awesome location! Great Value! Great options!

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Wachusett Mountain in early August 2018. Their food was great and the price for it was so much less than other places we'd looked at. We loved having indoor and outdoor space so that weather wasn't a huge problem. Getting to ride the ski lift was a super cool plus! We got the firepit and smores bar add ons which were well worth it and everyone loved them! There was a ton of space to get ready and we had make up and hair come there which was great for coordination. There are some great locations for photos around the property. We enjoyed being able to bring in our own dessert since we didn't do a traditional wedding cake. They were super well coordinated and worked behind the scenes to make everything run smoothly, we worked with Steffanie throughout the whole process and she was also our day of coordinator as not extra cost. We got suggested vendor lists from them as well as a ton of prep material. They even boxed up our dinner to take home cause we barely sat down to eat it! We loved that they had an event for signed on couples so we could go taste apps and dinner options, ride the lift, and meet some other vendors. The place is definitely a bit rustic, a bit basic in some areas since its a well used ski lodge, but once you put up some decor and have the mountain in the background, its beautiful!

Amazing experience, would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an indoor/outdoor wedding day and doesn't want to break the bank!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Lexi · Married on 08/04/2018

We had an amazing wedding at wachusett!! Excellent value, the food was incredible and I loved that we were able to ride the ski lift during cocktail hour with the gorgeous view. Stephanie was very helpful and everything went smoothly. I would recommend to anyone. We were very happy with this venue

Sent on 08/25/2018

Allison · Married on 06/23/2018

My wedding was 6/23/18. We were supposed to have an outdoor wedding, but the weather made it impossible. We were allowed to move inside and honestly, you would not have believed it was my plan b. The indoor ceremony was gorgeous and the granite room was perfect. ALL of the food got amazing reviews (especially the grilled cheese bites). My sister is vegan, and they happily made her a meal (but didn't accommodate her salad or fruit plate) (she also never grabbed her vegan placecard). My guests also loved the misty ski lift, something I wouldn't imagine that fun, but they ran it for the people who wanted to go (a couple dozen). The alcohol prices are incredibly reasonable. We put $1500 at the bar to hit the minimum and they passed out alcohol like candy and I think we hit that amount just before they were going to close down the bar. It truly felt like a magical day and every detail was perfect.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

I can't say enough about our wedding at Wachusett - It was perfect! I am so happy that we chose this venue. We lucked out and had great weather for our outside ceremony and our guests loved the sky ride during cocktail hour! Also, Steffanie was fantastic to work with. I don't even want to think about how many times I emailed her with questions and she was always very responsive, professional & accommodating. Thank you for everything, our day couldn't have possibly been better!

Sent on 11/11/2017
    Wachusett Mountain 4
    Wachusett Mountain 5
    Wachusett Mountain 6

Sarah · Married on 08/12/2017

I couldn't have asked for a better venue! The wedding was on 8/12/17 and we lucked out with a gorgeous day. Steffanie was incredible to work with...professional, easy to communicate with and made everything run smoothly and easy for me. The guests are still talking about how much they loved the venue, the views and riding the chairlift during the cocktail hour! We had the ceremony pondside and it was beautiful! Aside from the site of the wedding and reception being in the same place, the staff was wonderful to work with! Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Bonnie · Married on 06/10/2017

a romantic beautiful mountain setting
    a gorgeous venue for a wedding in the late spring

Sent on 08/03/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/08/2016

We were so happy that we chose to have our wedding and reception at the mountain. We wanted a place that was different than the traditional country club setting and we found it here at Wachusett. Talking with our guests everyone loved the event and couldn't stop talking about how nice it was and how much they enjoyed the sky ride during the cocktail hour and how amazing the food was.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Devon · Married on 06/11/2016

My wedding was originally booked at the Wachusett Village Inn, but when they closed their doors, Wachusett Mountain stepped in right away and accommodated us with NO problem. They reassured me I had nothing to worry about and honored the pricing from my previous venue since they are sister companies. My date was still available and Missy reassured me everything would be better than I dreamed of! And she was right! My wedding was perfect. I was upset with the weather and my ceremony which was suppose to be pond side could not be, but the indoor plan B was just as good. We had a great view of the pond still and the fountain. The rain cleared and I got to still have my professional pictures outside and we still got to enjoy the Ski Ride! My guests LOVED that added extra! They thought our wedding was so unique and so much fun! Lynn was a great help and accommodated us with any questions / concerns we had! Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Missy was SO responsive to my large amount of emails, questions. She even knew it was me when I called because of caller ID and she was just so friendly and so helpful! I relied on her for so much and was so satisfied! I wish I could do another wedding there I had so much fun! The tent was gorgeous and the outdoor fire pit my guests loved! They said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to! Reassured me I made the right choice and everything happens for a reason (my old venue closing). Thank you so much Wachusett Mountain, Missy and Lynn!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2016

We had originally booked our wedding for the Wachusett Village Inn but when they closed and cancelled, Missy went above and beyond to help switch everything over to the mountain and convert and honor our contract to the best of her abilities. All of the planning with Missy was very easy, she replied to any questions I had via email or voicemail quickly, and overall it was clear that she is exceptional at her job.

The day of the wedding was stress-free and fun because the staff at the mountain were on top of everything before I even had a chance to start worrying. Lynn was helpful and accommodating to my bridesmaids and me; letting us know what we needed to do and when while ensuring that what we wanted could be fulfilled.

Our guests LOVED the sky ride and had a blast the entire night!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Mairin · Married on 10/24/2015

My husband and I are fans of Wachusett and come here often to hike, ski or attend their festivals. We were so happy to have gotten married at Wachusett, as it is a special place for us.

I thought the vendors here were great. Missy was always so helpful and never tried to up sell anything (there are a lot of great add ons you can have at your reception, like the fire pits and a s'mores bar). The food was amazing, and the room was perfect for our wedding of 135.

Wachusett was the perfect place for our reception. Our guests loved every minute, and we did too!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Missy has been my contact at Wachusett Mountain and has been so helpful with not only questions but making sure they can accommodate pretty much anything I request. I am very pleased with choosing the mountain for our venue.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/17/2015

The wedding coordination team really knows their stuff!! They were flexible with our needs (my husband has a food allergy, accommodating our small wedding, and answering my detailed oriented questions). They also have a great option for a First Look as well as opening up the sky lift during the cocktail hour. I could not have been happier with the site or its people. They offered everything I could have asked for,

Sent on 09/24/2015

Rachel · Married on 04/25/2015

We could not have asked for a better venue to host our wedding reception!!!! Missy and Sara and the entire staff were amazing to work with throughout the whole process. They made the reception go so smoothly I never had to worry about a thing. We were able to set-up the day before since ours was the only wedding that weekend and Sara did an amazing job putting the finishing touches on the decorations (mainly putting our our fresh flowers). She also made sure our flower girl and ring bearer were announced after they came in late and we had told the DJ not to announce them. The food was incredible and we got so many compliments on how it tasted. Missy even surprised me with a plate of raviolis (which were the best dinner choice!). To top it off, the sky ride and being able to take pictures on the top of the mountain made our wedding one we are sure to never forget. People are still talking about it three months later!!!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/01/2014

After viewing four other potential wedding venues, my now husband and I walked into Wachusett Mountain for our tour and within four steps we new this would be the place where we would begin our forever together. The atmosphere is unique, rustic, and fun but more importantly it felt like it fit the two of us perfectly. The staff were extremely professional and helpful from the moment we signed the contract to the last gift we loaded in our car at the end of our wedding night. Missy and Rhonda were excellent and they played a huge role in making our day so special. The wait staff were amazing and the food was delicious. Overall, our wedding day was even better than what I dreamt it would be and Wachusett Mountain was the perfect backdrop for our fairytale beginning. Thank you!

Sent on 11/25/2014
  • Kelsie

Kelsie · Married on 09/12/2014

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Wachusett Mountain. People were coming up to us all night asking us how we found this place and telling us how much they loved it. All of our guests absolutely loved how unique their experience was, mostly because of the sky ride.

Missy and the entire staff at the mountain were great to work with. From our first tour of the mountain to the day of, Missy was very responsive and flexible to all of our requests. We loved the experience of the tasting they did, since we got to see a little bit of how it would be to be a guest at a wedding there. Because we had a Friday wedding, we were able to bring some things down and set everything up on Thursday. We were even able to store our DIY flowers in our bridal suite with the AC cranked up overnight. Everyone at the mountain on the day of our event was great too; the greeters that met our guests as they arrived, the waitstaff, the chairlift operators, the bartenders, and Missy and the other event planners. Everyone was nice, friendly, and good at their jobs. We also got many compliments on the food! They set aside a great spread of appetizers in our bridal suite so we got to eat before the reception since we missed the cocktail hour due to photos. While planning, Missy even gave us some advice that ended up saving us some money which was great!

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/20/2014

From the chairlift to the food, to the gorgeous scenery for our photos Wachusett really had it all! Missy and her team (we had the pleasure of working with Missy and Rachel) are very professional and knowledgeable. We opted for the buffet and the food was awesome, our guests had nothing but great reviews. The chairlift is such a nice and unique touch (and it’s included in the pricing) it is a fun modern take on a receiving line. We loved riding by our guests on the way down and it made for great photo opportunities (In my guests thank you cards I included their chairlift pictures my photographer had taken). We had our ceremony and reception at Wachusett and it was so nice to have it all in one place. One reason we went with Wachusett was because they do not charge unnecessary charges (corking fee, cake cutting fee ect). Wachusett really is the best venue and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a scenic and unforgettable location. People are still talking about our wedding and saying it was the best they had ever been to. Wachusett was the perfect venue and backdrop for the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 01/06/2015

Great location, incredible food, sky ride was amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better location and the staff was amazing. Very willing and accommodating to work with allergies and food restrictions. Chef used our recipe so there were no issues with the food. Only down side was they started cleaning up removing table cloths two hours prior to the end of our reception and felt a little rushed. Missy did great at making our dream wedding become a reality and the staff she left in charge that evening were great and managed the night so it went smoothly.

Sent on 06/04/2014

This was a beautiful spot for a wedding and I would highly recommend it to anyone! Missy is wonderful to deal with and helped us immensely! Thank you!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Cassie-Lee · Married on 11/04/2012

My husband and I highly recommend Wachusett Mountain as a wedding venue. All of the staff was very friendly, helpful and willing to be flexible! They took care of everything on our wedding day! The granite room was so beautiful! Being able to ride the ski lift up the mountain for pictures was a once in a lifetime experience!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Alanna · Married on 08/18/2012

I cannot say enough good things about this place. Very flexible unlike some other places we looked at. It seemed like they wanted us to have a great day, not just get a bunch of money out of us. For example, we were able to have open beer and wine because they give you the option to purchase bottles of wine and kegs of beer (from them) instead of only having a per-hour or per-drink price (which was not in our budget). The best surprise of the day was the ski-lift. We rode it only thinking of the pictures we could get at the top of the mountain but the ride down overlooking the mountains was beautiful and so romantic! It gave my husband and I some alone time to catch up and talk about our day. When we were back home opening gifts, we realized they had given us one too. I won't say what it was because it should be a surprise for everyone, but it was thoughtful and awesome!

Sent on 04/21/2013
  • A-Cakes

Amie · Married on 09/04/2011

I can't say enough good things about Wachusett Mountain. Our day was prefect thanks to them. It was so nice to arrive on the day of the wedding and just be able to hand over everything to them. They told us where to be and when and took care of all the details. The food was awesome and we had so many compliments about it. We did the buffet and the Sea Bass and the Clam Chowder were the big favorites. Plus, the venue itself was really great, between the ceremony on the deck, the skyride, cocktail hour on the side deck, dinner and dancing inside and the fire pit outside after dinner, there was a huge variety throughout the night for our guests and everyone had a really great time.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Kelly · Married on 07/24/2010

We had both our ceremony and our reception at Wachusett Mountain. Literally every one of our 125 guests has told us how much fun they had at our wedding - most have said it's the best wedding they've ever been to. The food (clam bake menu, plus pasta station and beef tenderloin - we like to eat) was amazing, the set-up was terrific, and our guests had a BLAST! My family's trying to figure out how to get back there for another party! The planning process was super-easy, and the staff was so flexible and helpful, before, during and after the wedding. I can't say enough nice things about Missy, Sarah, Bonnie, Brenda, the kitchen staff, the bartenders, the servers, the folks who set everything up, the sky ride operator, etc. who made our wedding day so absolutely fantastic.

Sent on 08/02/2010

Janette · Married on 06/05/2010

Everyone and everything at Wachusett was fantastic. We had both our ceremony and reception here and it was perfect (it's amazing to see this place transformed from a ski resort in the winter to a picture perfect locale for a wedding). Missy and Rachel were wonderful. Immediately after meeting with Missy for the first time, we knew we wanted to have our wedding at Wachusett. She was enthusiastic, patient and super responsive to all our questions during the whole process. Our guests complimented us on everything...the sky ride, the food, the location. We could not have asked for a better place to celebrate our big day.

Sent on 08/09/2010