W.K. Kellogg Biological Station Reviews

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station 5
W.K. Kellogg Biological Station 6
W.K. Kellogg Biological Station 7

Erin · Married on 07/28/2018

Every guest at our wedding commented that they had never seen a more beautiful wedding. This venue is seriously stunning. Our wedding was beyond even my very best vision of it - it was truly perfect. Nicole and her team at the Manor House, including Carol who was so kind and thoughtful, are to thank for pretty much all of it! The staff were generous and attentive, and they all seemed to genuinely care about making the event special. Nicole was so fabulous to work with, she met with us and talked with us over the phone many times, always making herself available, and always when she answered questions it was the perfect answer. We live in Brooklyn, NY so our availability to see the venue and meet was limited and Nicole really worked with us to make it easy on us. It was so helpful that everything was handled in one place - from the food (which is truly delicious, guests commented on how good the appetizers and dinner both were), to the ceremony set up and the reception and dance floor - having it all managed by Nicole made it so that we didn’t have any complications trying to manage it from out of state. I had a lot of personal touches and little details that I felt very particular about, and the staff at the Manor House took care of them all and Nicole made sure that everything really was perfect. She took care of us and I loved knowing, on the wedding day, that we were in very capable hands and we had nothing to worry about. It made the experience so much more grounded and enjoyable to feel like it was all taken care of and we could relax and enjoy, and that is what we did!

Sent on 08/06/2018
    W.K. Kellogg Biological Station 13
    W.K. Kellogg Biological Station 14
    W.K. Kellogg Biological Station 15

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Thank you so much for all you lovely sentiments. Your wedding was so lovely and your friends and family truly are so very lucky to have you both in their lives. We are so happy you chose to spend your big day with us and wish you both the very best for a long and happy life together.

Clarissa · Married on 05/21/2017

Absolutely amazing. The staff was wonderful, the food was delicious, the grounds are gorgeous. They handle everything. No need to stress about anything. Would definitely recommend for brides who are looking for that intimate wedding. The pricing is great and you get a lot more for your money. Even over a traditional venue. I don't live in the area but we drove 2 hours to use this venue. Absolutely amazing!!!

Sent on 05/28/2017
  • Carebear1818

Carrie · Married on 08/27/2016

Beautiful place for wedding reception! If you are looking for a place to take care of food and alcohol - this place is great. Great variety of different packages and seating arrangements. So many compliments on the food- everyone thought it was amazing. Nicole was great to work with and very responsive. She was there for the reception as well to make sure everything went smoothly. The bartenders and staff were so kind and always made sure we were happy!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Shelley · Married on 08/19/2016

This is such a beautiful place, and the staff was some of the best in the service industry I have ever worked with. They were so attentive and professional; I could not have asked for a better ceremony venue.

Sent on 08/31/2016

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. You were a very beautiful bride and your bridal party was very respectful of our property. We loved hosting your event!

We cannot stress enough what an incredible value and amazing venue this is. The team at Kellogg delivers.

Typically, it doesn't take much to satisfy us. If a business delivers on our expectations we are happy. However, Dana and the team at the Kellogg Manor House have far exceeded any previously set standards for excellence. The team is simply outstanding. As soon as we relaxed and handed over the reigns things went from "planned" to "fairytale" instantly.
    - Flawless coordination and execution
    - Graceful, helpful, yet never in-the-way service
    - Always in the right place at the right time to help
    - Making exceptions and quickly adapting
    - Gracefully and professionally dealing with one of our drunk guests and doing a water shot
    - And most importantly: keeping the bride happy!

Sent on 10/05/2015

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you both. Your wedding was one for the books! Very glad you two enjoyed yourselves. Come back and visit us anytime. Best Wishes!

The Manor House was everything I could have dreamed of for a ceremony venue. Dana was great to work with and had everything running smoothly. Even though it was a little cloudy, the house and lake were a beautiful back drop for our wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2015

Christine · Married on 07/12/2015

We opted for a small wedding (3 dozen guests) and married in front of the fire place in the Manor House. We had hors d'oeuvres, drinks, and dinner on the terrace. This venue is absolutely stunning inside and out and provided for timeless photographs that demonstrate a lot of class. The food was amazing, the staff was appropriately responsive, and the planner was very kind and helpful (Dana). I hope to have our 25th & 50th anniversary parties here :)

Sent on 10/14/2015

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you and your family. We do hope you are able to celebrate with us again. Best wishes!

We had our wedding ceremony here and it was beautiful and Dana was amazing. She made sure everything was done and we had no worries that day. In my eyes everything went smooth and it was a perfect day. Thank you so much.

Sent on 07/20/2015
  • User5081966 · 2+ years ago

The Kellogg Manor provided us an absolutely flawless wedding. I was shocked by how smoothly everything went. The grounds and house are simply stunning. We had an all indoor wedding, with the main room as our ceremony space and reception room. The bridal party sat in the foyer, which worked out great. We used the dining room as the cake room, breakfast nook for gifts, and closed in patio for dancing. My guests were raving, literally raving, about how fantastic the manor was. One of them said that if he ever wins the lottery, he would like to buy it and move there; it was his perfect vision.

Nicole was amazing to work with. She answered every one of my many emails. She was timely and patient. She gave me advice, reassured me, and was 100% honest with me. I credit the success of my wedding mostly to her. The waitstaff and everyone else at the manor was very helpful, excited, and very professional.

I loved my wedding at the Manor so much, I even named my new cat Kellogg to commemorate the experience.

Sent on 05/16/2015
  • Kaycie

Kaycie · Married on 10/05/2014

Words cannot express how easy it was to work with Nicole and her team! They came in early to unlcok the manor for us on Sunday so we could get ready before photos, they set thigns up better than even I could have thought of. It was perfect, my only regret is that we did not book them for our reception before another wedding was booked a couple hours after we were to leave. If you are keeping it small (60 people) this is an amazing reception location for indoors! In the summer and spring you can be outside, but we ended up with 50 degree weather. Again, they were amazing. They helped us loaded and move things and I love them so much. I am planning to use them for future events. They are worth the cost! So very worth the cost (see my review of Gull Lake Country Club for my reception...book at the Manor instead!)

Sent on 11/17/2014

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Kaycie: Thank you for your lovely words. We were honored to work with you and your family. Looking forward to our next event together!

The W.K. Kellogg Manor House was the most beautiful place to have my wedding and reception. The grounds are so colorful and bright, it was the perfect back drop for all my photos. It was the hottest day of the summer and a chance of thunderstorms so we had to add some last minute umbrellas for shade and then almost immediately pack it up for the approaching storm, but is went so smoothly like it had been planned all along. All the staff were professional and friendly and polite. The food was amazing, all my guests loved it. And the planning was so easy with the event staff and the food service. I did have a few guests with food allergies and the staff was so accommodating. The house is so beautiful inside (and outside) it was like dream come true, I couldn't ask for anything else. Even the photographer loved the location. All my guests raved about how beautiful the place was and how great the food was. I wish I could do it again!

Sent on 08/14/2014

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Thank you for your kind review. The staff really loves what they do. It is nice to hear that we are able to make your event so special. Please come back and visit anytime. Best wishes for a long happy future!

Our experience with the Kellogg Manor was incredible! It was first class all the way! I would recommend them without reservation! We could not have found better service, food, or a more beautiful and elegant venue! They made our special day unforgettably perfect down to the last detail!

Sent on 08/05/2014

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful praise. So happy that we could make your day special for you all. Please be sure to visit anytime. Best wishes to you!

laura · Married on 06/21/2014

Neither my husband or I are from Michigan but knew instantly we were going to have our wedding at the Kellogg Manor. It was not well received by our family that had to drive from Chicago to get there but everyone instantly "got it" when they got on property. The venue is AMAZING! We were sold instantly and it was a bonus that Nicole and Sarah were professional and fabulous event coordinators. We had the ceremony down by the lake, cocktail hour at the mansion, and then reception down at the tent. I couldn't have asked for anything better. The venue provided enough space, uniqueness, picture spots and overall wonderful vibe I couldn't have asked for more. It was nice to be able to have my own vision play out and design the whole day how I wanted it instead of being stuck with a hotel or banquet hall's picked vendors. I would recommend this place for small and large weddings- its phenomenal!

Sent on 06/24/2014

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

It was so fun to work with you Laura. Your event was gorgeous. Loved your creativity, especially the chandelier. Best wishes to your both.

Jane · Married on 05/24/2014

I was very very pleased with my dealings with Sarah and the Kellogg Manor House. Sarah was warm, friendly, professional and polite. Every detail was taken care of on the day of the wedding. The grounds were amazing and the day perfect. I have and will continue to recommend the Kellogg Manor House

Sent on 07/28/2014

Abigail · Married on 05/10/2014

I loved this venue!! It was absolutely perfect for our wedding! It was so well coordinated! Not only was it gorgeous, the food was amazing, the staff was delightful, but they even found someone to help sew my sister into her dress a few minutes before the ceremony because her zipper broke! I could not recommend them more highly!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Perfect place for a wedding, from the flowers, to the lake, to the beautiful historical mansion.

Sent on 07/17/2014
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 10/13/2013

Kellogg Manor House couldn't be a more beautiful setting for a wedding ceremony and reception. We Used the lakeside pagoda for our fall wedding and it was a dream. The landscaping is amazing, as is the home, and it gave our guests plenty to look at and explore between ceremony and reception. The staff was also SUPER helpful and accomodating and have the experience to ensure everything goes off without a hitch. Could NOT have been happier with how everything turned out!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Kellee · Married on 08/18/2013

This venue was the perfect ceremony site. I can't say enough about the amazing staff: Nicole, who is in charge, and then Sarah, our point person. Sarah was so warm, friendly, and caring. She and the staff really went the extra mile to take care of the "little things" that can just stress a bride out. They set everything up for us including decorations, spaces for musicians, sound system, etc. They worked with my wedding coordinator (a friend) to make sure the ceremony went smoothly, and even worked a Saturday wedding late into the night and came back early to unlock the venue for my noon Sunday wedding. My grandma is a bit limited in mobility, so they used a golf cart to drive her down to the lake.. so thoughtful! Sarah helped me with the timing of the ceremony, brainstormed ideas on how to post signs for directions, and kept us smiling and energetic. I appreciated them so much, and I truly didn't worry about a thing.

PROS:
    - beautiful, beautiful venue!
    - classy, historical site with a lot of grounds to explore
    - a great value for the price
    - phenomenal staff
    - flexible to meet your needs

CONS:
    - difficult to find (its on a lake, and we really tried to give guests the heads-up with detailed maps)
    - a bit far from downtown Kalamazoo (20-30 min)
    - outdoors (can be hot, possible rain - but they have a backup plan if you need it)
    - space by the lake (where we got married) is limited in spacing (150 max)

As none of these cons were dealbreakers for us, everything worked out perfectly. Weather was beautiful, sunny, and just a bit warm but the pastor was understanding and kept the ceremony short and sweet. The sun was not in my face (I was worried about squinting in pictures), and our photographer shot the most amazing photos. The manor house provided a unique backdrop that gave our wedding some added pizzazz. Way beyond my expectations, and my guests raved about it which made the extra drive totally worth it. Overall, A++.

Sent on 12/18/2013
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 08/03/2013

The W.K. Kellogg Manor House was where we had our ceremony only (not reception as indicated above). In my biased opinion, the Manor House is the most beautiful place to have your wedding. I visited the Manor House once and knew it was where I wanted to get married. The staff was amazing! Professional, courteous, very helpful. They set up our ceremony for us, helped run the entire ceremony program (i.e. helped with the timeline and making sure everyone was ready to go, etc.). I had so many of our guests tell me that they want to come back to the Manor House to take their family photos there because the location is so beautiful. I just cannot say enough about it. Our entire experience was amazing and I wish I could re-live our wedding day over and over!!

Sent on 08/22/2013
  • XoDanSarXo

SARAH · Married on 08/03/2013

Nicole and her staff and the Kellogg Manor provided myself, my husband and my family with the wedding of our dreams! Our guests have deemed it a "storybook" wedding, and one of the most beautiful settings they have ever been to. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience with KBS. I wish that we could live it all over again. From our initial tour of the facilities, to the food testing, to the rehearsal, to the perfection of the set up by Nicole and her staff, everything was always taken care of. We rented the Caretakers Cottage, Carriage House, Suites and Cabins for ourselves and our guest for the weekend. These facilities were not only adorable but they were perfectly attended to during our stay. Gull Lake is gorgeous this time of year (Early August) it was like looking out to the ocean with the grounds in full bloom. Every inch of this property is a photo opportunity, inside the historical Kellogg Manor and especially throughout its beautiful gardens down at the Pagoda. Our Reception on the patio/inside the manor also went flawlessly, the flexibility on KBS' behalf in our planning was outstanding and really allowed us to make it "our own" and help us with our budget. This is a truly amazing venue ran by truly amazing people!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2013

This is THE place to get married in the Battle Creek/Kalamazoo are if you are looking for an amazing romantic setting! The grounds and manor are gorgeous and you have one stop shopping as you can have the ceremony/reception in one spot. All of guests LOVED the Manor and I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else. The staff is super nice and super helpful and goes above and beyond to make your day perfect. I was not worried at all about things not falling in place. Oh and the food is certainly the best you can get - go for a tasting and you will be convinced!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Stevie · Married on 07/07/2012

If there was a 10 star rating for Kellogg Manor House and its staff, I would give them a 10 plus. Nicole answered all of our emails with questions that we had throughout the year and was there the day of the event to hold our hands through the details. Most of our guests were from out of town and they loved seeing this rural side to Kalamazoo.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Samantha · Married on 06/24/2011

We had our Wedding Ceremony and a Bridal shower here....Nichole was amazing to work with...She. W
    was very accomodating to our needs and very professional and knowledgeable. We loved working with her and th Manor was such s beautiful setting for a wedding.

Sent on 01/30/2012

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Thank you Samantha, the pleasure was all mine. We had a great time with your event. Such a nice family. Hope you are well!

Elise · Married on 05/27/2011

The Manor House is absolutely beautiful. The staff is very accommodating and you basically have your own wedding planner (thanks Nicole)! Josh did all our food and he is amazing! Thank you!!!!! If you are having a medium to small wedding, I would definitely check out the Manor House, its one of the most beautiful wedding venues in Michigan and a great value! I was relaxed and happy on my wedding day. I was confident they would take care of everything! One of my friends, who was in my wedding, is actually having her reception here! All of the staff did a great job--thank you to all of you!

Sent on 02/10/2012

W.K. Kellogg Biological Station's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Elise. Your wedding was a true fairy tale experience. You were a lovely bride and Paul a handsome groom. My you both enjoy a long life together.

Elizabeth · Married on 04/30/2011

Chris was fantastic!! She helped me create my perfect day. The grounds and the house were beautiful. The dining room and buffet room were awesome! We did nothing but sit back and enjoy the day of our wedding. The staff was absolutely incredible! The Chef was a-ma-zing!! I got so many complements on it all. Just a perfectly-wonderful venue!

Sent on 02/24/2012