Vows and Kisses Reviews

11 | Santa Rosa, CA

11 Reviews for Vows and Kisses

Vanessa · Married on 05/21/2016

I was married by Lucinda Martin this past May and she was absolutely amazing! My husband and I are not entirely religious, but we also aren't really agnostic. It's a weird mix, and I think I'm more confused about where I fit than he is. Add to that, that we have many religious family members, who I was worried wouldn't like the outdoor ceremony, let alone a non-religious ceremony.... Then came Lucinda.

I came across her on this site actually. I had a really good feeling when I saw her photo and read her posting. I really hoped it would be a good fit, because I was so worried. We had a Skype meeting with her and I was blown away. She immediately understood our needs and situation, I guess there's a lot of people like us :) She had many ideas for the ceremony that would give the day meaning while also respecting our current beliefs.

The day of the ceremony Lucinda was amazing. She did the ceremony in the rain for us (we really wanted to be outside, even if it was lightly raining). She gave the perfect mix of seriousness as well as lightheartedness (there was a line about blessings of water, which of course was extra funny due to the rain). I was so happy with the ceremony, it really was perfect, and my relatives that I was nervous about? Personally went up to Lucinda to thank her for the beautiful ceremony. All our friends and family were so moved. Thank you so much Lucinda, you were exactly what we needed for a perfect wedding.

Sent on 06/09/2016

Maria · Married on 09/06/2014

Susan is such an amazing woman to work with. She's extemely helpful and friendly. She went out of her way to help out the day of the wedding and I absolutely loved the personal touches she put in our vows! I would recommend her to everyone 100%. Our wedding was perfect thanks to her!

Sent on 10/23/2014

We were so fortunate to have Reverend Ron Kind as our wedding officiant. Because of the distance, we were only able to connect with him on Skype during the planning process but he was so kind and helpful - it felt like we had known each other for years! With a sequence of very poignant questions, Ron was able to help us delve deeper into what we really wanted for our wedding ceremony, rather that what "the world" expected us to do. Because of Ron, we ended up with a beautiful, personalized ceremony that perfectly reflected our two personalities. And, even a year later, we are still constantly receiving compliments on it from all our friends and families.

Sent on 10/28/2014

We had asked Lucinda Martin to officiate our elopement at a private cabin in Cazadero, CA. My husband and I are living in Miami and had to plan our special day long distance. Lucinda was most helpful and responsive, getting in touch with us via phone, Skype and email. Further, Lucinda provided us with ideas for the ceremony, vows and asked us to send poems, personal stories or anything that is special to us to incorporate in the ceremony. We had decided for a passage from a book that meant a lot to my husband and I. In addition she found a beautiful poem about friendship that captured exactly the kind of relationship my husband and I believe in.

We met Lucinda the first time 10min before the ceremony and connected immediately. Her style to conduct the ceremony is both, sacred and filled with laughter. Since we had not invited any guest, we asked Lucinda to stay after the ceremony for champagne toast and appetizers. She has a very fun and loving nature and it was a pleasure having her there on our special day. She even made an extra effort and submitted our marriage license the next day to the county office, so we could pick up our marriage certificate before leaving California. Thank you so much Lucinda. We had a most amazing day!!

Sent on 11/13/2013
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 08/31/2013

We worked with Reverend Dale as we planned our destination wedding. He was such a pleasure to work with. He made the ceremony planning process so easy for us. We knew what we wanted for our ceremony and he laid out a beautiful ceremony. We were able to incorporate family into our service and it flowed seamlessly.
    Reverend Dale was so nice and accommodating. He made our ceremony so special.
    Thank you Reverend Dale!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Lucinda was amazing! My husband and I were from out of town and we had to do most our communication via email and phone calls. Lucinda was prompt in her responses and gave us valuable feedback. She was really able to capture our personalities in the components of the ceremony - in fact, all of our guests repeatedly told us how well the ceremony represented us! I would recommend Lucinda and Vows and Kisses to everyone!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Rachel · Married on 08/03/2013

Dale Webb was a WONDERFUL choice for an officiant. He was responsive, flexible, kind, and warm... all things that mattered greatly to my husband and I. We had a non religious outdoor ceremony that consisted of a handfasting ceremony, personal vows, and a wine ceremony. We we unsure how all of this would come together seamlessly, but Dale pulled it off. Many of our guests told us later that it was the most beautiful and personal ceremony they'd seen performed at a wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2013
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 05/11/2013

Lucinda Martin made our ceremony amazing! It was completely customized by her for us. We our country people, and I stressed to her what things were important to us. She incorporated all of those things into the ceremony. She found an amazing poem, "Cowboy Heart", to read aloud, she put our favorite George Strait lyrics in, and instead of a sand ceremony or candle lighting, we had a beer ceremony. It couldn't have been more perfect. Plus, we got a keepsake copy of the ceremony that includes our personal vows to each other. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a special wedding ceremony.

Sent on 06/20/2013

Vows and Kisses's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such an honor to work with such a lovely, creative and fun couple! Many many blessings on your journey!

In love,
    lucinda
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/22/2012

Lucinda is amazing. After only speaking with her for five minutes we knew we wanted her to marry us. She showed up and we had a wonderful bilingual ceremony.

Sent on 12/06/2012

renee · Married on 05/26/2012

Rev. King was very professional, we met with him several times prior to our event. He helped us, so much, gave options for english or spanish services. it did not matter what religion you were he helped with the vows, and gave us a choices of the type of service as for it being long, or short service. it was a long but a beautiful service. we have recommended him to others, and will continue to do so.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Tony and Linda · Married on 07/04/2013

Thank you so much for officiating our wedding. We had a wonderful time planning our intimate wine ceremony with that personal touch; it was exactly what we wanted. You were able to incorporate our desire to have a small wedding while including our children in the ceremony itself. Thank you for sharing in our special day....a day to remember. Linda and Tony Kilcollins

Sent on 04/09/2014