Volcanik Entertainment Reviews

Volcanik Entertainment 5
Volcanik Entertainment 6
Volcanik Entertainment 7

Mary Claire · Married on 10/20/2012

Working with Hemant from Volcanik was great! Leading up to the wedding, he came to meet with me and review the entire day's festivities and what music we were looking to include during the ceremony and reception. He had great suggestions for entry songs, ceremony music, and reception music. He made sure our exact preferences were included, that he had the right detailed itinerary with timing and songs, and from there, he took care of the rest. The night went flawlessly!

Sent on 07/11/2013

P · Married on 10/20/2012

Volcanik entertainment truly did an amazing job at our wedding. They were recommended to us by 4 of our friends who were immensely happy with them at their weddings. We also had a wonderful experience working with them. We were in touch with Ashish throughout the planning process. He was professional, easy to work with, and went out of his way to make it a flawless day. He navigated through a myriad of suggestions/opinions from aunties/uncles, parents, friends, and us with ease. After going through the stress of planning an Indian wedding, this is exactly what every bride needs. Additionally, we also used their lighting which really improved the whole look of our wedding venue. But of course, what matters the most, is how phenomenal the music was. All we kept hearing from our friends and aunties/uncles was how good the DJ was and how much fun the wedding was. To our surprise, he also had this absolutely amazing dhol player who played alongside the music which really kicked up our reception.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Avani · Married on 09/02/2012

Hello Brides! I married the man of my dreams on Sept. 2nd, 2012. In retrospect, I now I see the value of having vendors you trust, enjoy working with and who are passionate about their work. We hired Ashish and Hemant and their team with our lighting, and music for our Engagement, Garba, Wedding and Reception. They deserve a standing ovation for their skill, professionalism and joy to work with. As a detail oriented Bride, I basically had every minute of each ceremony planned with a vision of how I wanted it to be... whether it be with the spot lighting, backdrop, the first impression of the reception hall when guests walked in... to of course the music... where I wanted every part of my wedding and festivities to have appropriate yet fun music where all of our guests can enjoy... You'll find that many vendors can take advantage of you as a bride because they know you need them more then they need you... but Hemant and Ashish were nothing close to that. They met me and my husband numerous times prior to the wedding and made sure they understood what we wanted, because they genuinely wanted to see us happy. Our lighting at the reception took everyone's breathe away... if you want a "WOW" vendor... these are your people. We had our ceremony and reception in the same room, and I was initially nervous that the guests would feel like it's the same room and be bored, but that wasn't the case at all. The wedding ceremony was well lit, and the music in the background was traditional yet upbeat, so it prevented many guests to talk in the background. Then, for the reception, the mood was very seductive and intimate with pink and blue lights beaming to the ceiling. We enjoyed every second of the reception (and didn't have any microphone bloopers or anything like that)... Our guests loved loved loved the music! Ashish made sure to play music which everyone could enjoy... regardless of age and ethnicity. We loved Hemant and Ashish - they made our wedding spectacular.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Samata · Married on 08/25/2012

I heard about Hemant and Ashish from my brother in laws cousin. After meeting with Hemant and several other vendors, we decided to go with Hemant based on his cultural awareness of interracial weddings. Hemant took the initiative to research my husband's background and provided a very nice over-and-above touch to decorate the DJ car in Steelers paraphernalia to lead the Baraat. All of my husband's guests were very happy with this thoughtful inclusion. The wedding ceremony was very smooth and Hemant was able to follow a very specific schedule/set of songs provided by the families/wedding party. He also selected and played appropriate music for the cocktail hour. Our wedding reception was fabulous and everyone had a great time! Hemant and was able to engage the guests with the MC portion of the evening. Also planning a wedding requires a lot of work and there are some things better left to the vendors you hire to take care of (remember they do this as their full time jobs!!). We did not want to nor did we have to provide Hemant with a laundry list of songs we did and did not want played. Rather we were able to give them direction on the types of music we liked/didn't like and a set of 5-7 songs we definitely wanted played throughout the evening. The music was great and the dance floor was packed! I would highly recommend Hemant and his team for MC/DJ Services.

Sent on 05/09/2013

Meghana · Married on 08/12/2012

Hemant Patel and his associates were the best DJs ever. Hemant was absolutely the best person to work with. He gave us exactly what we wanted and was extremely responsive, accommodating, and professional. My husband is a mid-western boy and I am the total opposite - Hemant was able to capture this in the music he played. I would highly, highly recommend him to any one who is looking for a DJ.

Sent on 08/19/2012
  • User3208998 · 2+ years ago

The entire Volcanik Ent crew was so helpful in executing each and every detail of our wedding and reception, even all the prewedding events leading up to our big day. Our prewedding events were so much fun, they kept all our guests entertained late into the night from a tropical theme party to my Mehndi party on a yacht on the Fourth of July, guests were complimenting us on how much fun they had all week and how they loved our Dj. In addition, their passion for lighting, sound and special effects made our events unique and was beyond all my expectations. They diligently worked overnight to make our wedding and reception look flawless. Hemant was the MC of our reception, he brought so much enthusiasm and energy to lift up a crowd of 1200 guests! It truely amazes me how he made the program for the evening flow so eloquently. In addition, Ashish shut down the streets of philadelphia with all the guests dancing for over an hour in the July heat for the bharaat, it was something you only see in the movies but it was a dream come true for my husband. I have to also thank Rahul, Nick, Sourav for their tireless efforts behind the scenes in making sure everything was perfect. Lastly, our beautiful wedding cake was made by Buddy from Carlos Bakery Hoboken. Hemant worked with Buddy and his team to create special lighting and special effects for the big unveil of our cake the night of our reception.

I wouldn't have had it any other way, thank you for all your being such an amazing team to work with for our dream wedding! Dj Volcanik is the best in the industry!

Sent on 04/20/2013

Manoj and Julie · Married on 04/14/2012

When going to any reception, what are the things that you note and comment the most on? Food, location, and ENTERTAINMENT. During our vendor selection, we wanted to find a reputable and experienced entertainment group to work with and provide a fun environment for all of our guests. We learned about Volcanik Entertainment through a family member and we are glad that we worked with them.

From the start, they were very professional and responsive to all of our questions that we had. Along with our supplied direction for our reception, they provided a great amount of their own creative input. At times where we did not know where to start, Volcanik took the time to guide us through the process and make sure that everyone was on board and happy. They gave us the comforting feeling of “been there and done that”. In addition, out of all other vendors we worked with, we felt that we did not have to follow up with them and direct them.

The result: Excellent MC’ing, lighting and music that you would probably only see at a famous NY or Miami night club. They drew incredible enthusiasm and energy during the entire night from the reception crowd. We received so many compliments from our guests on how good the entertainment was! Even as the newly married couple, who worked with Volcanik from the start and knew what our package included -- we were taken aback how well they put everything together.

The only complaints we ever heard was that peoples’ feet were hurting the next day because they danced so much…

Sent on 05/31/2013

Arpita · Married on 04/07/2012

My husband and I love Hemant, Ashish and Nik of Volcanik Ent! We choose them to emcee and DJ our garba, wedding and reception and they made each of those events perfect for us. From the very first consultation where we sat down with them and discussed our vision to the final event they were incredibly professional, helpful and extremely friendly which made it so easy to work with them. And of course, they are very knowledgeable about lighting, music and generally putting on a great event. I felt it was a perfect mix of accommodating all of my specific requests as well as suggesting their professional opinions on many of the small details. They also made a point to communicate often with our venue manager and wedding planner to make sure the events went flawlessly. We never had to chase them down, they were on top of everything – even thought of things before we did at times. I always told friends and family that they were my favorite out of all my wedding vendors because of how much fun they made everything during the process. I had to plan my wedding in a VERY short amount of time and under a great deal of personal stress, and Hemant especially helped make the process so smooth and always made himself available to help – even with non-DJ related wedding details. They are all truly nice guys and felt more like friends than vendors. Our reception was a dream come true and these guys went above and beyond in keeping the crowd energized the entire night with great music and emceeing– our dance floor was completely packed and people still tell us more than a year after how much fun they had! Several of our family members and friends have hired them after having such a great time at our wedding, and we would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone else who wants their event to be unforgettable!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Christina · Married on 11/19/2011

We found them at an Indian bridal show because we did a Hindu and American wedding. They flew from New Jersey to do both of our weddings. They were very reasonable! They did a great job for both. They met with us and provided what we asked. Great mix of music for all ages and cultures!

Sent on 12/31/2011

afreen · Married on 09/17/2011

Volcanik Entertainment, particularly Hemant and Nik, went up and beyond for our wedding. They did an amazing job with emceeing, lighting, and of course the music! They also often communicated with our venue manager and wedding planner to make sure the events went flawlessly. Hemant was amazing with the amount of thought he put into the day of our wedding -- he made sure everything went according to our schedule and even surprised us at the end with small party trinkets for our guests. Our reception was better than we imagined because they did such a great job with the lighting and kept our guests dancing all night with awesome music. Even now (almost a year and half later), people tell us how much fun they had and we continue to recommend them as a vendor. We would highly recommend Hemant and the whole Volcanik Entertainment team!!

Sent on 05/26/2013

Sonali · Married on 09/04/2010

Volcanik Entertainment is definitely the best DJ/MC entertainers for any type of event, especially weddings. Darshan & Ashish did my wedding and it was beyond my expectations. The detailed amount of help which was provided leading to the event was extraordinary. They told myself & my fiancée not to stress the day of and we didn't have to at all because Darshan & Ashish coordinated our event with no glitches or errors. The thing that stands out to me with Volcanik Entertainment is they do their work with the utmost passion for their business(they really know exactly what their doing) and customer satisfaction was the key. I would recommend this company to any bride who wants their dream wedding to come to reality.

Sent on 04/12/2011
  • Vijay

Vijay · Married on 08/15/2009

Having a mixed culture celebration can be a very stressful experience. Our engagement party was a complete embarrassment in the entertainment factor. It got to the point where I had to get CD’s from my car to give to the DJ to play some West Indian music. From that moment we knew we needed to research and sample DJ groups for our wedding. After meeting with a few DJs and sampling their work we choose Hemant. Their 80’s mixtape really impressed me, it’s actually still in my car 4 years later and my kids and I jam out to it. I guarantee it will be there 10 years from now. At our first meeting I made it abundantly clear that for our engagement the DJ said he had West Indian music and he showed up with maybe 20 songs. Hemant’s jaw dropped in astonishment and made it very clear that he has a vast repertoire of genres in his music collection and ensured that if we chose to use his services we would not be disappointed. Hemant even created a mix for one of the cousin’s dance based off of the timings and tracks that were supplied to him. On the wedding day, Volcanik Entertainment group showed up early, and prepped their setup and verified exactly what we wanted was to our satisfaction. And in all honest it was and so much more!!! The Baraat was amazing my family thoroughly enjoyed the dhol player that Hemant provided. The microphone setup was very clear during the wedding ceremony, and the music queues were accurate for each of the events.
    In my personal opinion Hemant and Nik went above and beyond for the reception. The lighting setup was incredible! The TV screens were placed perfectly that you can view them but they weren’t in the way. The speakers were not just the biggest that you could find and throw around the room, he really did invest in quality speakers and equipment. I’ve been to parties where the subwoofers were so loud that I became annoyed. But the way Volcanik placed the speakers it was almost like you didn’t notice they were there but it so filled the room

Sent on 01/07/2014

Kajal · Married on 04/12/2008

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. They played the music that we requested and the dance floor was full capacity the entire night. They were a huge help in ironing out the little details before the big day.

Sent on 11/11/2008

Alpa · Married on 03/22/2008

The DJ was cooperative and played all of the songs that we wanted. He was very helpful in providing suggestions for the ceremony and for the dances at the reception. He also provided a mock itinerary to help in the scheduling. The DJ offers different tiers of packages, which made it easy to tailor what I wanted. I would recommend Volcanik's services.

Sent on 05/09/2008

Shireen · Married on 05/07/2016

Volcanic Entertainment was amazing! I spoke to and connect with Rahul the entire time. The time of my event we had Nik and his partner - they were amazing and so easy to work with! Everyone loved the music and couldn't stop dancing (even the non-dancers!!!).

Sent on 11/17/2016

Rahul & crew were very professional, organized, timely and helpful for my wedding & reception. I liked that they were flexible in acquiring specific songs for my reception and they also got instrumental versions and emailed it to me so that my sister in law could practice singing to the song she would sing at reception.
    Rahul was helpful in providing a template agenda I could use and was very responsive with emails and setting up venue. He also gave some good tips on the flow and logistics of reception.
    Best of all he did a good mix of Indian and American songs to fit the crowd.

Sent on 04/18/2016

Tina · Married on 08/08/2015

I would like to share an email I sent to Volcanik:

Hi Rahul & Hemant!
    We would like to give our sincere thanks for everything last weekend. We can't believe it's been more than a week already!! We were so happy with you guys, thank you for your great personality, the ease of working with you from the beginning, your responsiveness, and your professionalism. You also really got the crowd going which really put that extra touch on the whole wedding. Everyone has been raving about the music, the fun, the dancing... we are just so overwhelmed. We hope you guys are doing well, and thank you again so much!!! We would definitely recommend you guys to everyone we know!!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Roshni · Married on 06/20/2015

The Volcanik Entertainment team did a great job at our wedding! They provided DJ services for 6 events during our wedding weekend. Arbab (DJ Khanvict) was a fantastic emcee and got the whole crowd engaged and excited at each event. He even played the role as a sports commentator during the water polo match at our pool party! DJ Rahul and Nik kept the vibe flowing throughout the night. Prior to the wedding, Rahul spent several hours on the phone with us to discuss what we were looking for. We worked with them to create a playlist and script, which helped keep us on the same page so we knew what to expect. As huge music lovers and dancers, we wanted our guests to have non-stop entertainment during the weekend, and the Volcanik team certainly made this happen. Thanks for making our wedding a blast!

Sent on 08/04/2015

S · Married on 06/06/2015

Ashish, Rahul and the rest of DJ Volcanik crew were amazing! In short, I would highly recommend them to family, friends and you!
    First they played great music! My wedding guests had very different music preferences as my parents love Indian music, my friends listen to American, and my husband’s side - Spanish (flew in from Spain). Rahul and Ashish did a great job of mixing/playing music that pleased everyone. They quickly learned what the guests liked and adjusted the music to get everyone excited and on the dance floor. Both for garba and wedding, the dance floor was packed ‘til the end of the night!
    Secondly, they were easy to work with and did what it took to make sure everything went seamlessly. Even when it started raining, risking an outside baraat, Ashish found another route that was covered by trees so we were able to have it outside (and everyone raved about the barat). They are highly dependable, prepared, creative and flexible, which I really appreciated!!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Shan and Purvy · Married on 08/30/2014

Volcanik Entertainment (Hemant, HP, Rish and Kayur) were both the DJ for our Engagement party and Wedding this year. They did an absolutely amazing job. The guests from both events still talk about how great they were and how much fun they had. Everyone was dancing at the Baraat and the wedding reception went until 1 a.m. They are very easy to work with and keep the entertainment going from the start to finish. I would recommend anyone that wants to have a memorable wedding to hire Volcanik Entertainment.

Sent on 09/30/2014

R · Married on 05/03/2014

Rahul and Volcanik did an amazing job for my wedding in Daytona Beach this past May. He worked with our family for months, meeting us in person and being very responsive to text and email. He carefully explained all of our options, was very honest about what services our wedding needed and did not need, and provided a detailed contract that needed little explanation. In the month leading up to the event, he was very proactive in asking us our song choice and followed nearly all of it during the reception. He also provided amazing lighting services for all 3 events of the wedding, and the venues looked beautifully lit even though we had a last minute change from outdoors to indoors. Overall, amazing service, great value, and well worth every penny.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Rajesh · Married on 05/11/2013

We hired Ashish for DJ and lighting services for our wedding in May 2013. Our experience started out positively from the beginning. He was easy to work with and very responsive. He provided suggestions where needed and also assisted with planning for the day. In fact, we bypassed on coordinators, as a result, saving us some extra cash. On the day of the wedding, Ashish also went out of his way to chase down our decorator when he overheard us speaking about a minor incorrect placement and ensured it got corrected. As for the music, he had the crowd going throughout the evening. The dance floor was packed all night long and needless to say we received many compliments about the music. I would highly recommend Ashish and his team.

Sent on 06/18/2013

We used Hemant and Volcanik Entertainment or our Wedding in Hudson Valley NY and the Reception the following day at The Venetian. Volcanik Entertainment provided great wedding and pre-wedding services. They were able to contract out a Tassa band for our Bharat, provided excellent and appropriate music for the wedding ceremony and conducted a great show during the reception. Hemant was also very helpful in planning the event. He sat down with us and reviewed our entire program, also gave us contacts for many of the small errands we had to accomplish for the wedding. Well done Volcanik!

Sent on 05/08/2013

N · Married on 12/16/2017

Everything was great. Rahul did a great job incorporating our vision and definitely exceeded our expectations. Thank you so much for everything! We will definitely refer to our friends and family in the future.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Everything went great and my husband and I enjoyed every minute of the wedding and reception. The groom and his family truly enjoyed Pratik, the dhol player, and from what I could hear- he did a great job!
    The lighting, MC and music were above my expectations, and all our guests enjoyed it. Rahul, Nik, Arbab and Pratik did a great job!
    Your team was on point and professional throughout the day, and I will certainly recommend you to others.

Sent on 05/06/2016