Volcanik Entertainment Reviews

103 Reviews for Volcanik Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

103 Volcanik Entertainment Reviews

Arpita · Married on 04/07/2012

My husband and I love Hemant, Ashish and Nik of Volcanik Ent! We choose them to emcee and DJ our garba, wedding and reception and they made each of those events perfect for us. From the very first consultation where we sat down with them and discussed our vision to the final event they were incredibly professional, helpful and extremely friendly which made it so easy to work with them. And of course, they are very knowledgeable about lighting, music and generally putting on a great event. I felt it was a perfect mix of accommodating all of my specific requests as well as suggesting their professional opinions on many of the small details. They also made a point to communicate often with our venue manager and wedding planner to make sure the events went flawlessly. We never had to chase them down, they were on top of everything – even thought of things before we did at times. I always told friends and family that they were my favorite out of all my wedding vendors because of how much fun they made everything during the process. I had to plan my wedding in a VERY short amount of time and under a great deal of personal stress, and Hemant especially helped make the process so smooth and always made himself available to help – even with non-DJ related wedding details. They are all truly nice guys and felt more like friends than vendors. Our reception was a dream come true and these guys went above and beyond in keeping the crowd energized the entire night with great music and emceeing– our dance floor was completely packed and people still tell us more than a year after how much fun they had! Several of our family members and friends have hired them after having such a great time at our wedding, and we would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone else who wants their event to be unforgettable!

Christina · Married on 11/19/2011

We found them at an Indian bridal show because we did a Hindu and American wedding. They flew from New Jersey to do both of our weddings. They were very reasonable! They did a great job for both. They met with us and provided what we asked. Great mix of music for all ages and cultures!

afreen · Married on 09/17/2011

Volcanik Entertainment, particularly Hemant and Nik, went up and beyond for our wedding. They did an amazing job with emceeing, lighting, and of course the music! They also often communicated with our venue manager and wedding planner to make sure the events went flawlessly. Hemant was amazing with the amount of thought he put into the day of our wedding -- he made sure everything went according to our schedule and even surprised us at the end with small party trinkets for our guests. Our reception was better than we imagined because they did such a great job with the lighting and kept our guests dancing all night with awesome music. Even now (almost a year and half later), people tell us how much fun they had and we continue to recommend them as a vendor. We would highly recommend Hemant and the whole Volcanik Entertainment team!!

Sonali · Married on 09/04/2010

Volcanik Entertainment is definitely the best DJ/MC entertainers for any type of event, especially weddings. Darshan & Ashish did my wedding and it was beyond my expectations. The detailed amount of help which was provided leading to the event was extraordinary. They told myself & my fiancée not to stress the day of and we didn't have to at all because Darshan & Ashish coordinated our event with no glitches or errors. The thing that stands out to me with Volcanik Entertainment is they do their work with the utmost passion for their business(they really know exactly what their doing) and customer satisfaction was the key. I would recommend this company to any bride who wants their dream wedding to come to reality.

• Vijay

Vijay · Married on 08/15/2009

Having a mixed culture celebration can be a very stressful experience. Our engagement party was a complete embarrassment in the entertainment factor. It got to the point where I had to get CD’s from my car to give to the DJ to play some West Indian music. From that moment we knew we needed to research and sample DJ groups for our wedding. After meeting with a few DJs and sampling their work we choose Hemant. Their 80’s mixtape really impressed me, it’s actually still in my car 4 years later and my kids and I jam out to it. I guarantee it will be there 10 years from now. At our first meeting I made it abundantly clear that for our engagement the DJ said he had West Indian music and he showed up with maybe 20 songs. Hemant’s jaw dropped in astonishment and made it very clear that he has a vast repertoire of genres in his music collection and ensured that if we chose to use his services we would not be disappointed. Hemant even created a mix for one of the cousin’s dance based off of the timings and tracks that were supplied to him. On the wedding day, Volcanik Entertainment group showed up early, and prepped their setup and verified exactly what we wanted was to our satisfaction. And in all honest it was and so much more!!! The Baraat was amazing my family thoroughly enjoyed the dhol player that Hemant provided. The microphone setup was very clear during the wedding ceremony, and the music queues were accurate for each of the events.
    In my personal opinion Hemant and Nik went above and beyond for the reception. The lighting setup was incredible! The TV screens were placed perfectly that you can view them but they weren’t in the way. The speakers were not just the biggest that you could find and throw around the room, he really did invest in quality speakers and equipment. I’ve been to parties where the subwoofers were so loud that I became annoyed. But the way Volcanik placed the speakers it was almost like you didn’t notice they were there but it so filled the room

Kajal · Married on 04/12/2008

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. They played the music that we requested and the dance floor was full capacity the entire night. They were a huge help in ironing out the little details before the big day.

Alpa · Married on 03/22/2008

The DJ was cooperative and played all of the songs that we wanted. He was very helpful in providing suggestions for the ceremony and for the dances at the reception. He also provided a mock itinerary to help in the scheduling. The DJ offers different tiers of packages, which made it easy to tailor what I wanted. I would recommend Volcanik's services.

Sonia · event on: 10/06/2017

I am super picky with the genre of music I listen to (dark techno!) and Ashish & Nik took that and ran with it. Given techno's underground and intimidating sound, I wasn't sure how they were going to get the whole crowd engaged. They proved me so wrong... they had PARENTS jammin out to dark, deep techno. CRAZY! They have a sixth sense when it comes to reading the crowd.

Ashish is an extremely professional and well-spoken person and working with him was a pleasure. He was super transparent, detail-oriented and confident in the company's ability to provide the best customer experience possible. Not to mention, a phenomenally eloquent emcee!

Nik was also very involved in making sure he had all the songs, timings & drops cued up. He played garba and Bollywood for the beginning of the dance floor, which also had the whole room at a crazy high energy level.

I HIGHLY recommend Volcanik for your next event. They are personally committed to making sure your event runs as smoothly as possible. Thank you!

Shireen · Married on 05/07/2016

Volcanic Entertainment was amazing! I spoke to and connect with Rahul the entire time. The time of my event we had Nik and his partner - they were amazing and so easy to work with! Everyone loved the music and couldn't stop dancing (even the non-dancers!!!).

Rahul & crew were very professional, organized, timely and helpful for my wedding & reception. I liked that they were flexible in acquiring specific songs for my reception and they also got instrumental versions and emailed it to me so that my sister in law could practice singing to the song she would sing at reception.
    Rahul was helpful in providing a template agenda I could use and was very responsive with emails and setting up venue. He also gave some good tips on the flow and logistics of reception.
    Best of all he did a good mix of Indian and American songs to fit the crowd.

Tina · Married on 08/08/2015

I would like to share an email I sent to Volcanik:

Hi Rahul & Hemant!
    We would like to give our sincere thanks for everything last weekend. We can't believe it's been more than a week already!! We were so happy with you guys, thank you for your great personality, the ease of working with you from the beginning, your responsiveness, and your professionalism. You also really got the crowd going which really put that extra touch on the whole wedding. Everyone has been raving about the music, the fun, the dancing... we are just so overwhelmed. We hope you guys are doing well, and thank you again so much!!! We would definitely recommend you guys to everyone we know!!

Roshni · Married on 06/20/2015

The Volcanik Entertainment team did a great job at our wedding! They provided DJ services for 6 events during our wedding weekend. Arbab (DJ Khanvict) was a fantastic emcee and got the whole crowd engaged and excited at each event. He even played the role as a sports commentator during the water polo match at our pool party! DJ Rahul and Nik kept the vibe flowing throughout the night. Prior to the wedding, Rahul spent several hours on the phone with us to discuss what we were looking for. We worked with them to create a playlist and script, which helped keep us on the same page so we knew what to expect. As huge music lovers and dancers, we wanted our guests to have non-stop entertainment during the weekend, and the Volcanik team certainly made this happen. Thanks for making our wedding a blast!

S · Married on 06/06/2015

Ashish, Rahul and the rest of DJ Volcanik crew were amazing! In short, I would highly recommend them to family, friends and you!
    First they played great music! My wedding guests had very different music preferences as my parents love Indian music, my friends listen to American, and my husband’s side - Spanish (flew in from Spain). Rahul and Ashish did a great job of mixing/playing music that pleased everyone. They quickly learned what the guests liked and adjusted the music to get everyone excited and on the dance floor. Both for garba and wedding, the dance floor was packed ‘til the end of the night!
    Secondly, they were easy to work with and did what it took to make sure everything went seamlessly. Even when it started raining, risking an outside baraat, Ashish found another route that was covered by trees so we were able to have it outside (and everyone raved about the barat). They are highly dependable, prepared, creative and flexible, which I really appreciated!!

Shan and Purvy · Married on 08/30/2014

Volcanik Entertainment (Hemant, HP, Rish and Kayur) were both the DJ for our Engagement party and Wedding this year. They did an absolutely amazing job. The guests from both events still talk about how great they were and how much fun they had. Everyone was dancing at the Baraat and the wedding reception went until 1 a.m. They are very easy to work with and keep the entertainment going from the start to finish. I would recommend anyone that wants to have a memorable wedding to hire Volcanik Entertainment.

R · Married on 05/03/2014

Rahul and Volcanik did an amazing job for my wedding in Daytona Beach this past May. He worked with our family for months, meeting us in person and being very responsive to text and email. He carefully explained all of our options, was very honest about what services our wedding needed and did not need, and provided a detailed contract that needed little explanation. In the month leading up to the event, he was very proactive in asking us our song choice and followed nearly all of it during the reception. He also provided amazing lighting services for all 3 events of the wedding, and the venues looked beautifully lit even though we had a last minute change from outdoors to indoors. Overall, amazing service, great value, and well worth every penny.

Rajesh · Married on 05/11/2013

We hired Ashish for DJ and lighting services for our wedding in May 2013. Our experience started out positively from the beginning. He was easy to work with and very responsive. He provided suggestions where needed and also assisted with planning for the day. In fact, we bypassed on coordinators, as a result, saving us some extra cash. On the day of the wedding, Ashish also went out of his way to chase down our decorator when he overheard us speaking about a minor incorrect placement and ensured it got corrected. As for the music, he had the crowd going throughout the evening. The dance floor was packed all night long and needless to say we received many compliments about the music. I would highly recommend Ashish and his team.

We used Hemant and Volcanik Entertainment or our Wedding in Hudson Valley NY and the Reception the following day at The Venetian. Volcanik Entertainment provided great wedding and pre-wedding services. They were able to contract out a Tassa band for our Bharat, provided excellent and appropriate music for the wedding ceremony and conducted a great show during the reception. Hemant was also very helpful in planning the event. He sat down with us and reviewed our entire program, also gave us contacts for many of the small errands we had to accomplish for the wedding. Well done Volcanik!

N · Married on 12/16/2017

Everything was great. Rahul did a great job incorporating our vision and definitely exceeded our expectations. Thank you so much for everything! We will definitely refer to our friends and family in the future.

Everything went great and my husband and I enjoyed every minute of the wedding and reception. The groom and his family truly enjoyed Pratik, the dhol player, and from what I could hear- he did a great job!
    The lighting, MC and music were above my expectations, and all our guests enjoyed it. Rahul, Nik, Arbab and Pratik did a great job!
    Your team was on point and professional throughout the day, and I will certainly recommend you to others.

Trudy · Married on 09/01/2013

We loved working with Volcanik for both our garba and wedding day (baraat, ceremony, cocktail hour, reception)! Hemant was our main contact and he was always very enthusiastic about our event. He was very good about making helpful suggestions from his extensive wedding experience as well as accommodating our own requests. Just 2 weeks after the wedding, Hemant emailed us a sneak peak of our event video which was so much fun to watch, especially since we weren't expecting a video from our videographer for months. Sometimes it took a while for our emails to be answered, but they also weren't urgent emails, and they understandably very busy during the wedding season. We also didn't receive the photobooth we requested, which we didn't realize until after the wedding, but in the end, our wedding was such a blast, it didn't matter. We were VERY glad to have gone with Volcanik and would definitely recommend them for your wedding! They were so easy to work with and helped everything go smoothly! You'll love them!

Hiren · Married on 06/09/2012

Using Volcanik Entertainment for our Weddng Reception was extremely worht it. Both my wife and I were not in the area and having this group made organizing our reception ot be quite easy. The quality of music was excellent as throughout the night we heard so many complements about the music and choice selection. They were also quite prompt for their set up. I would recommend them for both music and lighting again.

• U

Uday · Married on 07/17/2010

We have so many positive comments about our DJ at the wedding from all different age groups! They were the best!

Pamneit · Married on 05/24/2014

We chose Volcanik after meeting with a representative at a South Indian bridal show. We were immediately comfortable after the initial meeting, especially since our request was not typical - combining traditional Indian music with not so traditional Western music selections. Ashish was very helpful in navigating us through the process of creating a song selection list as well as a package that suited our needs and met our budget. Also, we were impressed by his flexibility in meeting to review details at the drop of a hat! The sound at the reception was excellent, state of the art equipment and lighting. The DJ was on point with feeling the crowd and successfully navigating the playlist in relation to the dance floor. We would use Volcanik again - thanks, guys, for helping us create a memorable night!

Riddhi · Married on 05/11/2013

This is the second time my family has used Volcanik Entertainment for our functions. Each time, Hemant and the rest of the crew have done an amazing job. They are extremely professional and helpful in making sure the night is a success. I loved the ambience that was created at my reception by the lighting and decor set up by Volcanik Entertainment. Additionally they did an fabulous job as MCs making sure that the crowd was pumped creating great energy in the room throughout the event. They were also very keen in listening to my husband and I's likes during all events and made our night very special. Thank you Volcanik Entertainment!!!! I would definately recommend them to everyone.
    ~Riddhi

Sripa · Married on 11/17/2012

Our engagement party last year was planned at the last min. Volcanik Entertainment came to the rescue when I heard them perform the weekend before at a family wedding. I told my fiancé at the time, I wanted them to DJ our events. He went up to Hemant; got his contact and the next day we were in touch planning the engagement. Hemant accommodated at the last min and planned everything out. He has many packages to choose from to meet your needs and if not he would help customize one that you like.
    They setup quickly, they were very polite, detailed, on schedule and professional. Nik and Hemant made our event even more memorable than we had planned and expected. We gave them a little background of both sides of the family and they understood and went with the flow. The one thing that really took us by surprise was during the ceremony they played the traditional Tamil instrumental music which we didn't even think they had and totally impressed my in laws. So, hats off! The music was upbeat and got everyone out on the dance floor. It was a blast and everyone is still talking about how much fun it was.

After a successful engagement, we called Volcanik back for our reception. They did everything being the DJ at the event, making sure the reception hall was properly lighted and at times acting like our personal waiter! Needless to mention, the music was fantastic and tailored to our preference. It was nice to have one part of our event planning that we didn't have to worry about. I would also like to point out that everyone at Volcanik was very helpful in providing references to other vendors (cake, decorations, etc.) being in the industry. Since they were familiar with our venue, they communicated well with our decorator and manager at the venue for the lighting and what they would need which was very nice. We definitely recommend Volcanik Entertainment for any event. Thanks again to Hemant, Nik, and Ashish for making our events memorable.