Vista Creek Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Andrea B. Married on 06/12/2021

The BEST Wedding Venue

Our wedding was on June 12, 2021 at Vista Creek. It was such an AMAZING day! First off, the views of the Roanoke Sound from the venue are breathtaking! The moment we saw Vista Creek, we knew it was a perfect location for our wedding!

We are forever grateful for Courtney & Jason! They are so talented, dedicated, and passionate in what they do! Such a dynamic duo with their event coordinating & DJ services!

Courtney was so organized and transparent throughout the planning process. We actually booked our wedding date a month before the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Through the months of uncertainty and ever-changing restrictions, Courtney remained consistent, responsive and optimistic during such a stressful time. We were fortunate enough to keep our wedding date and have no restrictions on our big day. Courtney’s hard work leading up to our big day made it that much more special!

Jason did a great job coordinating all the music during the ceremony and reception. Our guests had such a fun time on the dance floor!!! We are also very appreciative of the other vendors that Courtney recommended, they are wonderful! Every detail of our wedding was executed beautifully!! We have had so many compliments from friends and family about the extraordinary staff, the good music, food, and gorgeous VIEW! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect.

Thank you again Courtney & Jason! We hope to see you on our next visit to the OBX!

Hi Andrea!

Thank you SO much for this amazing review and incredibly kind words!!! Jason and I cannot thank you and Jared enough for giving us the opportunity to work with y'all!!! You entrusted us start to finish and that is truly not something we take lightly! It was an absolute pleasure getting to know y'all! Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts and we too hope to see y'all at the beach!!!

Sincerely,
  • Murphy
    Murphy S. Married on 03/13/2021

Unbeatable

I wish I could give Vista Creek higher than 5 stars. There are not enough positive words to describe how incredible Courtney and Jason were throughout the entire wedding process. When COVID occurred and we decided to postpone our original wedding date, Courtney contacted each of our vendors and helped to coordinate a new date that worked for everyone. She took so much stress off us and kept us excited and positive. Not once did Courtney say "no" to an idea we had - she always did her best to try to find a way to make it work. On the day of our wedding, I cannot think of a single time I was stressed or worried about something, we knew Courtney had everything handled. After the wedding, numerous guests commented that our wedding had one of the most efficient and friendly teams, all thanks to Courtney and Jason. We cannot thank them enough for everything they did for us to make our day special. Aside from how amazing Courtney and Jason are as a team, the Vista Creek location is the perfect venue for a wedding. The views are great, the indoor/outdoor spaces provide lots of options, and the spacious ballroom works for just about every wedding size. Vista Creek is truly an amazing venue with an unbeatable team.

Hi Murphy!!

Thank you SO much for the amazing review!!!! Jason and I are incredibly grateful for your kind words and giving us the opportunity to be a part of your special day. You guys were so sweet throughout the entire process and were so gracious all throughout covid guidelines!! You put so much trust in us and that is NOT something we take lightly!! Truly, thank you both!!

Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness!!!
  • Haily
    Haily G. Married on 10/31/2020

Best Wedding Venue & Team Ever!

We got married at Vista Creek finally on 10/31. Courtney and Jason are such a sweet team and they have been the best from the very start. Not only are they extremely detail oriented and kind, but their positivity, flexibility and understanding to us when having to push back our wedding from June to October meant the world. She called all of our vendors for me and made sure they were still available so we could move the date too. This year was so hard and when the day finally came it could not have gone more perfect! Courtney made sure every little detail was coordinated on the front end so that I didn’t have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. Jason did a great job with the music and introduction of our wedding parties! We are so grateful for you guys and cannot recommend them enough. They stand out against the rest.

Vista Creek's reply:

Thank you SO much for the very sweet review!! Jason and I truly can't thank y'all enough for entrusting us with your big day!! Start to finish you and your families were so kind and understanding during this crazy time!! We are beyond thankful for your kindness choosing to celebrate your incredible day with us!!!

Sending much love and blessings to you and Garret!!!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey V. Married on 06/10/2020

Amazing All-In-One Venue at Vista Creek!

Vista Creek is the perfect location to make your dream day come true, all in one place. Working with Courtney and Jason was such a delight! The focus on our wedding day was to keep it short, sweet, all about us (no bridal party) and have a big, fun party with our friends and family. It was all more than perfect!! During the planning process, Courtney quickly got a sense of our style and was super helpful and accommodating. We had a (very) last minute hiccup with one of our vendors (for ceremony music) but Courtney and Jason were literally AMAZING and made the whole experience seamless. If you are looking for an all-in-one venue, and a great team to get you excited and organized for your day -- VISTA CREEK checks all the boxes!

Lindsey!!

Thank you and Manning SO much for choosing to host your big day with us!!! We had a ball getting to know you two and are beyond grateful for the opportunity to work with y'all :) Jason and I are SO appreciative of your kind words!!! We can't thank you enough and wish you two the absolute best!!

Thank you!!
  • Bill
    Bill A. Married on 04/11/2020

Awesome Venue

Wow, My daughter Kaytlin and Son-in-law Matthew Morgan were married on 16 Nov 2019 Amid a Nor'easter and 70 MPH winds in the OBX. We were supposed to have it outside but due to the weather, we moved in indoors. Courtney and Jason Marshall were awesome. I cannot say enough of both of them. Courtney and Jason were a step ahead on everything. Courtney had everything down to a T. You would never had known that 48 hours earlier we were planning an outdoor wedding. Go for the Drape and the Pipe if you are having it indoors, well worth the money. They went above and beyond to make sure the Newlyweds had the Magical wedding they had always dreamed of. All of our guests said it was beautiful and magical. Thank you Courtney and Jason.

Allison,

Thank you SO much for the incredibly kind words!!! Jason and I truly can't thank y'all enough for choosing us to be a part of Kaitlyn and Matt's special day :) It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your sweet family start to finish!!! Thank y'all a million times again and we wish you the very best!!!!

Sincerely,
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 10/12/2019

Vista Creek is AMAZING!

My husband and I were sooo thrilled with our wedding at Vista Creek. It is beautiful, the scenery is beautiful, and the owners, Courtney and Jason, are so awesome and helpful. Everything about our day was perfect, all because of this place and the people. We recommend x1000!!

Samantha!!

Thank you SO SO much for the incredible review!!!! We couldn't be more thankful for the opportunity to work with y'all!! Your big day was special in every way and we couldn't be more appreciative you chose to host it with us!!!! Wishing you two a lifetime of love and happiness!

Thank you a million times again!!!
  • Eric
    Eric C. Married on 10/04/2019

Courtney and Jason - STELLAR!

We have more great things to say about Courtney and Jason than characters will probably allow. They were simply amazing! Start to finish. Vista Creek is a stunning venue, and it’s clear that they’ve poured their heart and soul into every detail.

You can certainly tell that they’re doing what they were called to do! It shows, and your wedding guests will feel, and see it, too. All t’s crossed and i’s dotted, at all times. They know how to make a hectic process appear seamless.

Courtney and Jason are professional, accountable, vibrant, energetic and fantastic at what they do. And Vista Creek, as a venue, is a must-see. Check them out for your OBX wedding - you won’t be disappointed!

Hi Eric!!

Thank you and Brittany for the AMAZING review!!! It was wonderful getting to know you both over the past year and we are so appreciative to have had the opportunity to work with y'all!!! This is truly our heart and soul, to read these sweet words means the world to us! THANK YOU!!!

We wish y'all a lifetime of love and happiness!!
  • Moesha
    Moesha Married on 09/02/2019

Best day of my life!!!

This venue was absolutely perfect for our Outer banks wedding! It’s completely stunning! We were super happy with Courtney and Jason. They made sure we had everything we needed, and having Courtney as our day of event planner really made our day stress free! This day was completely full of fun for my husband and I along with our guests. Jason and Courtney are amazing people to work with because they both are sincere people who want to help in anyway they can to make the day special for you! I highly recommend this place because they definitely made our wedding day one of the best experiences of my life! They are also very affordable, and have a DJ company too!! So you can get everything you need in one place with their ceremony and reception place + purchasing their DJ service! Best deal we have ever received!! (Ps. The bridal suite is also gorgeous at this venue) 😊
  • Augusta
    Augusta Married on 08/31/2019

No one compares to vista creek!

It wouldn’t even be fair to compare other vendors to Vista Creek. I wish I could give them more than 5 stars. (Warning: long, sappy review). Courtney and her husband were the absolute best. I wish I could relive this day and work with them all over again. We fell in love as soon as we visited them for a tour. Courtney is such a sweetheart, they were so accommodating, excellent with communication, and ensured my husband and I had the wedding of our dreams. She ensured we were on our A game with the licenses, alcohol, and other little details for our big day. They were also super accommodating and flexible with allowing us to upgrade to the next package for our rehearsal dinner. I remember panicking because I didn’t pick out a song for the groomsmen and bridesmaids to walk to, so she rushed up to the bridal suite THAT morning to go over songs with me. THEN I forgot to write out my wedding vows to my daughter and only had them on my phone, so she allowed me to e-mail them to her and she printed them out ASAP. Afterwards, we laughed and talked about the shenanigans that went on that evening and had such a blast. I’ll definitely miss working with them. We love y’all ❤️
    Casey F. Married on 08/31/2019

Best day ever!!!!!

Couldn’t of asked for a better place to of had our wedding ceremony and reception. Jason and Courtney made our day so easy and less stressful and were there on the spot to help with anything we needed. Vista Creek is such a beautiful place and everyone that came couldn’t of agreed more. It’s so convenient to have everything at one place. We thought it was gonna be stressful with doing it out of town, but Courtney was there from start to finish to help make sure we had everything we needed to make it to our big day without any problems. Wouldn’t hesitate to do it all over again or recommend them to anyone looking for that perfect place for any occasion.
  • Rachel
    Rachel C. Married on 08/10/2019

A True Gem of a Venue and Staff

Country and Jason were hands down the best people to work with when it came to the wedding venue. They were so organized and though of every single detail. They went above and beyond our expectations to make sure our wedding day went as smooth as possible (we had some weather concerns) but thanks to Courtney she hustled and got us set up on the back covered deck which ended up being even better than I expected. I cannot thank Courtney and Jason enough for ALL that they do!

Rachel,

Thank you SO much for the amazing review!!! We are beyond grateful to have had the opportunity to work with you and Scott!! You booked with us LONG before our renovation was complete and I can't tell you enough how much it meant for you to entrust us with your special day :) Jason and I thank y'all from the bottom of our hearts!!! Wishing you and Scott a lifetime of love and happiness!!!!

• Kevin
    Monica Married on 07/19/2019

Magical - Great Indoor/Outdoor Venue

Spectacular! From the moment we viewed the property until the conclusion of our event, Vista Creek and Courtney/Jason have exceeded our expectations! Our wedding wouldn't have been as amazing as it was without Vista Creek. Vista Creek offers so much - a picturesque bridge to walk down the aisle; outdoor cement ceremony site (which is fabulous for being out in nature and not having shoes sink into mud) in the midst of natural unspoiled environment; a very large outdoor porch area with ceiling fans - a great option for a rainy day ceremony (overlooking the beautiful Roanoke Sound); and a beautiful indoor area large enough to accommodate the biggest guest list. These are a few reasons why you will love Vista Creek. There's also a magical sunset! Furthermore, the impeccable service provided by Courtney and Jason to facilitate a breathtaking and memorable day are unmatched. Almost all of my vendors were recommended by Courtney. Note: she only recommended 5 star companies who paid as much attention to details as she did!! Beyond the beautiful venue, the tips and help Courtney provided were phenomenal!! I can't recommend Vista Creek enough. Guests loved being on the Outer Banks yet away from the hustle and bustle of the nearby beach. We loved it because we could pick and choose our own vendors as opposed to finding a lovely venue that forces you to use their chosen caterers. I could go on and on...the easiest thing to say is "Save yourself the time and headache by making Vista Creek your first and last stop. You won't regret it." We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Vista Creek and Courtney/Jason!! Thank you for an event we will remember for a lifetime!
    Lisa Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely Perfect!!

We cannot recommend Vista Creek highly enough! Vista Creek was beyond perfect! Everything from getting ready to our send off went off without a hitch, and so much of that was thanks to Courtney and Jason’s expertise and attention to detail. They knew exactly what questions to ask to make sure nothing was left out and I felt very comfortable brainstorming ideas with them throughout the planning process. The entire Vista Creek staff was so kind and helpful to anything we needed. The pictures speak for themselves – the ceremony site and reception hall are stunning! Our guests loved being able to view the sunset from their table or they could enjoy a few moments on the deck away from the loud music while the rest of us were dancing without feeling like they were too far away from the party. The layout and design of the space makes it perfect for every style and color combination, and is incredibly flexible so each wedding looks unique and beautiful. It’s clear that Courtney and Jason have a passion for making each of their weddings special, and we are so glad we were able to have our wedding at Vista Creek!!
    Lindsay H. Married on 06/02/2019

Vista creek

This is long overdue! My husband and I got married at Vista Creek June 2,2019. Vista creek was INCREDIBLE. Some of the other vendors that I had booked with would take weeks to reply and sometimes not even reply until I had sent multiple emails, not with Courtney and Jason though, they were prompt with responses and made sure everything was in order for our big day. I am very organized and I appreciated that Courtney was VERY organized as well. Not only that but my friends and family still talk about how breathtaking the venue is and just how wonderful everything came together. My husband and I paid for everything on our own and we really thought that Vista creek was a great value. You get the bartenders, the tables, the chairs for inside and a beautiful ceremony area with an arbor. Other places we had looked at didn't include any of those for the same price or more. Not only that but we ended up booking Jason with sound waves DJ who is Courtneys husband and they were the best team. Jason did all the sound equipment for the ceremony and then used a playlist with all of our favorite songs we got to pick. I could go on and on about how efficient and professional these two are. 10/10 would recommend.
  • Amber
    Amber R. Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful venue, and amazing

We loved vista creek so much, it’s beyond beautiful and the service is amazing!! Highly recommend them!!
  • Makenna
    Makenna Married on 05/18/2019

Romantic, breathtaking, and everything we dreamed of!

Not only was Vista Creek our dream venue, but Courtney and Jason made all the little details all fall into place and made our day everything we imagined it would be, and more!
    The venue is so breathtaking on its own that we didn't have to decorate much. My vision was elegant and romantic but also laid back and down to earth, and here was the perfect place to combine all of it.
    We have grown up on the Outer Banks, and Vista Creek made us feel like we were at home looking out over the sound at the marsh and the Manteo bridge.
    The outdoor ceremony overlooking the water was so beautiful, and the reception was everything I wanted it to be, with the sun setting outside and dinner in an romantic ballroom. I am so thankful for Courtney and Jason and all that they have done. You will not regret having your wedding here - and using Courtney as your planner and Jason as your DJ!

Vista Creek's reply:

Makenna, thank you SO much for these incredibly kind words!!! Jason and I truly couldn't have been more honored to have had the opportunity to take part in your INCREDIBLE day!!! Thank y'all a million times again for choosing us! We wish y'all a lifetime of happiness!!!

xoxo,
  • F
    Franci Married on 05/17/2019

Perfect place to spend the best day of your life!

Vista Creek was the PERFECT place to celebrate our big day! We shopped a few venues in the OBX and were thrilled when Courtney (owner) met us and showed us her beautiful venue. We fell in love with the marsh views and the location (being on a private stretch of the OBX) was perfect for us. We loved the bar tending services and valet parking provided too - it was so nice having that taken care of! And to make things even better - it was within our budget and had the flexibility of accommodating a larger guest list (we had 150 guests). Courtney and Jason made the days leading up to our wedding stress-free... and on our wedding day, I have never felt more pampered and special! My bridal party used the bridal suite for getting ready - and it could not be cuter (great place for getting ready pics)! Courtney was also my wedding coordinator, and she made the day go so seamlessly. I was able to relax and soak the day in and live in the moment. I know the day of your wedding tends to go by so quickly, and having Courtney there to take care of the logistics really helped me to relax and remember every moment. It was a dream. Courtney and Jason are terrific and Vista Creek is a gorgeous place to spend the best day of your life - you got to see for yourself!
  • Jenna
    Jenna G. Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely PERFECT Wedding Venue!!!

My husband and I booked our wedding at Vista Creek on October 5, 2019 and I can not say enough good things about our experience. Courtney was absolutely the most incredible, friendliest, most helpful, most professional person we met through our whole wedding planning experience. Vista Creek was by far the best venue for the money on the entire Outer Banks (and trust me, we looked everywhere! Lol) It was a stunningly beautiful location and an absolutely gorgeous building, inside and outside. Everything about the place was wedding perfect. If you are looking for a beautiful and affordable venue with the most wonderful owners and staff, I highly recommend Vista Creek! You will not be disappointed :)
    Photos included in this post are by Jason Denson.

Hi Jenna!!

Thank you and Diego SO much for these incredibly kind words!! We had a blast working with y'all and getting to know you both :) Jason and I are truly grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of your special day!!! These photos are amazing and I'm tickled other sweet couples can see how wonderful your big day was!

Wishing y'all a lifetime of happiness!!!
    Mara Married on 05/04/2019

The Perfect Venue!

As soon as we walked in the door at our first visit to Vista Creek before it was even finished being renovated, we knew it was the perfect place to have our wedding! The venue was simple which allowed us to turn it into exactly what we wanted but also so beautiful without really needing to decorate. We loved the outdoor ceremony site but also we were stress free the day of the wedding knowing that there was a covered back porch where we could have the ceremony just in case it rained. Not only was the venue itself amazing, but Courtney and Jason were awesome to work with and we highly recommend choosing them as your DJ and day of coordinator as it made everything run so smoothly. All of our pictures turned out great as there was a pretty background no matter where we were at the venue. We had several guests comment on how much they loved the venue, and one guest even called a family member the next day to convince her to have her wedding here. We could not imagine having our wedding anywhere else besides Vista Creek!

Mara and Jonathan!!

Thank y'all SO much for the incredible review!! We truly couldn't be more thankful to have been a part of your amazing day! It was an absolute pleasure getting to know and work with you both over the past year! It meant the world you trusted us throughout the renovation process!!!! Thank you a million times again for choosing us!! Jason and I wish you both a lifetime of love and happiness!!!!!

All the best, Courtney & Jason
  • Jeanette
    Jeanette Married on 03/30/2019

Jeanette Douglas

Vista Creek is a beautiful elegant venue with a beach feel. The bridal suite, kitchen, porches, and ball room all give you that feel of home with a touch of charm. Courtney and her staff are first class professionals with a passion for what they do. I highly recommend this Venue and using Courtney’s services you won’t regret it. She makes sure the Bride and Grooms needs as well as the wedding party are taken care of.

Vista Creek's reply:

Hi Jeanette! Thank you SO SO much for those very kind words and giving us the opportunity to work with y'all :) We had a blast being a part of Chalsy and Nick's big day!! Wishing them a lifetime of happiness and thank y'all again for choosing us!!
    Ann P. Married on 12/31/2018

Mother of the Bride

Courtney and Jason were awesome to work with. Very professional and helpful. Since we planned my daughter's wedding in just 2 months, Courtney was instrumental with reminders and checklists, and being the contact person for our vendors. She and Jason were at the event site first thing the morning of even though our reception wasn't until 9:00 pm NYE. The facility is absolutely beautiful and I have and will continue recommending them for any occasion.

Vista Creek's reply:

Hi Ann!! Thank you SO much for the very sweet review!!! We had so much fun working with y'all and are truly grateful for the opportunity! Jason and I can't thank y'all enough for allowing us to take part in Brianna and John's special day :)
    Brianna V. Married on 12/31/2018

Vann Wedding

Courtney and Jason helped me plan the most perfect wedding in less than 2 months! Without their direction and help I would have never been able to pull it off! They were very professional and made sure everything was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our special day!

Vista Creek's reply:

Brianna, thank you so much for the very kind words!! Jason and I had so much fun working with y'all and can't express enough how grateful we are to have had the opportunity to be a part of your special day! Thank you, John, and your family for choosing us!!!
    Katelynn Married on 12/22/2018

Jason and courtney for the win

Jason and Courtney are by far some of the best people you could ever hope for in your wedding planning endeavors. This beautiful couple does absolutely everything from lighting, music, venue, tables and chairs, ceremony cite, valet parking and more! There's a beauty suite for the bride, I mean they have literally thought of everything. Not only that, they let you bring in your own vendors free of charge. Not like a normal venue where you get charged for the spot plus $80 a plate using only their caterer and $10 a beer using only their bar services. We were allowed the flexibility and freedom to truly have the wedding WE wanted. 11/10 Recommend these perfect folks to help create your perfect day.
    Esther C. Married on 10/12/2018

Behind every perfect wedding is an amazing coordinator and a beautiful venue.

My best friend recently held her wedding/reception at Vista Creek. I can’t say enough about this venue to properly articulate the experience . I assisted in planning and set-up, clean-up, etc for the event; Courtney and the rest of staff at Vista Creek went above and beyond to make this day perfect.

I hadn’t visited the venue prior to the big day and immediately Courtney was on top of communicating all the essential details. She had contingency plans ready for any foreseeable hiccup; including the tropical storm that came through the night before, but thankfully proved not to be an issue at all.

In addition to the knowledge, support and sweet demeanor of Courtney, this site is SPECTACULAR! The views from their main ceremony site and back patio are serene no matter the time of day, but the sunset overlooking the Roanoke Sound and Nature Preserve provides for a relaxing, beautiful atmosphere. Inside the venue is a fun, warm and welcoming atmosphere with lots of space and a layout that provides for easement. The bridal suite is spacious, cozy and nicely decorated; providing for space to prepare and elegant bridal preparation photos.

Vista Creek offers many additional and affordable options which make planning (especially for out-of-towners) easier and stress-free; particularly bartender service and an AWESOME DJ!

I absolutely loved Courtney and can’t thank her enough for all she did to make this day PERFECT for two of my favorite people.
  • Katherine
    Katherine Married on 10/06/2018

Dream Come True

Finding Vista Creek was really the luckiest thing that could have happened during the wedding planning process. It popped up online as a suggested venue and I became curious. At the time, it was under renovation so there was simply a description but not pictures. My (now) husband and I decided to make a date out of it and drove down to OBX to check it out. As soon as I arrived and was greeted by Courtney, it just felt right. We could not pass up the stunning views, open and flexible ballroom space plus everything that is included. As I watched it progress into what it is today, I got more and more excited. Between Courtney's expert planning, Jason's knowledge of DJing and lighting & being surrounded by the Roanoke Sound - it was a fairytale day I wish I could live over and over again.

Vista Creek's reply:

Katie, thank you SO SO much for the very kind words!! This is a wonderful reminder as to why we love working with couples so much :) I had a blast working with and getting to know you and Gabriel! We truly can't thank you enough for choosing us to be a part of such an incredible time. Wishing y'all a lifetime of happiness!!!