Virgil Bunao Photography Reviews

Virgil Bunao Photography 5
Virgil Bunao Photography 6
Virgil Bunao Photography 7

Lytle · Married on 03/15/2014

Virgil is, without a doubt, the absolute BEST! I would give him way more than 5 stars if I could. Not only are his photographs amazing, but he has a way of making everyone feel so beautiful (and handsome) on their special day. I normally don't like posing for pictures, but Virgil made me feel so comfortable and at ease (while also keeping me laughing). He has such an eye for capturing the true, raw emotion in his pictures. Everyone at our wedding could not stop talking about how awesome our photographer was and how he included everyone at our wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend Virgil to anyone. As soon as I received the pictures, I cried because they truly captured the whole feeling of the entire wedding. I really cannot put into words how thankful and appreciative I am that Virgil was a part of our wedding weekend. We love you, Virgil! Lytle & Fober

Sent on 05/31/2014

Janice · Married on 11/08/2013

Virgil is THE best! His photographs are amazing! He made me feel so comfortable when taking my bridal portraits (I am not a fan of being the only one in front of the camera). Not only did he take amazing photos on our wedding day but he also kept us entertained! He had us laughing all day! My entire wedding party loved him. The girls who have been married said they wished they had used Virgil as their photographer, and the girls who have not want to book him in the future. The things he does with lighting are out of this world! He is beyond talented and I would recommend him over and over again. The easiest and best decision I made while planning my wedding was choosing Virgil to capture the entire day.

Sent on 01/17/2014

Emily · Married on 11/02/2013

Virgil is amazing! He did our engagement photos, our rehearsal dinner photos as well as our wedding. From the moment we met him we knew he was the perfect person to capture this special time in our lives. Not only is he extremely talented, he is also creative and fun. Our pictures came out better than we could have imagined - we are actually having a hard time deciding which ones not to use in our album! We plan to continue working with Virgil to document future milestones in our new family :)

Sent on 01/11/2014

When we were talking about what the most important thing was to us, we both agreed it was the photography. As with many Charleston brides before me, Virgil was a no brainer. He has a gift and is truly one-of-a-kind. He shot both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding and I'm so glad he did. Out of over 1,000 images from the weekend there is not a single one that we would consider "just ok" - he is that amazing! So many couples barely have a photo to frame from their wedding and we have the exact opposite problem. But his shear talent is only part of the beauty of Virgil. He is also one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. It's true when people say you spend more time with your photographer than anyone else on your wedding day and Virgil is just the guy you want to spend your day with. He brings a certain element out in people - the joy and love just emanates from the images. Choosing Virgil was the easiest choice we made during the entire planning process - and that choice will prove itself for years to come when we look at our beautiful photographs.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/14/2013

My wedding was in June of this year and it took me so long to write this review simply because words cannot describe how incredibly amazing and talented Virgil Bunao is! He has an incredible gift. From the moment I met him prior to our engagement photos there was no question that he would be my photographer. He has simply the best personality that made me feel extremely comfortable and was an instant friend and joy to be around. He is incredibly caring and makes you feel like you are truly the one and only bride, providing top notch service with the ability to understand the essence of your personal style and preferences. He is super fun to be around, my husband and I enjoyed his company just as much as we enjoyed his work. He came to Mexico to shoot my wedding and all the 65 guests are still talking about how wonderful he was and will without a doubt use him as their photographer. The trip would not have been the same without him! He truly made my wedding day perfect and I could not have imagined it without him being there. The photos are absolutely stunning and they could not have turned out more beautifully, they were better than I ever dreamed they could be. He not only captures beautiful photos and moments, but makes you feel beautiful as well! He is absolutely fabulous and I highly recommend him, he makes your wedding day and your photos one of a kind, does way more than you would expect a wedding photographer to do and will highly exceed your expectations! He gave me so many beautiful pictures that are out of this world and capture so many amazing moments, that I will cherish the rest of my life! The decision to hire Virgil was by far my best decision when planning my wedding. To this day I still follow him on Instagram to look at his gorgeous works of art. He is AMAZING, TALENTED, GIFTED, THE BEST THERE IS. We love him and every bride should be honored to have him shoot their wedding!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Taylor · Married on 06/01/2013

As a bride you will make many important decisions. After living through the planning and day of, I realized that picking Virgil Bunao as my photographer was not only the most important decision I made, it was the BEST. My wedding day took place on a picturesque Charleston day and thanks to Virgil I am able to relive it over and over again. I was naïve when it came to photography. I always heard of photography referred to as an art. However, I wasn’t able to understand that, until I met Virgil. With every single snap of his camera he captures every precious moment in a way that is indescribable until you see his work. His pictures seamlessly flow from one moment to the next radiantly displaying the beauty of your special day.
    I wasn’t only naïve about photography but what my wedding day would be like as well. One would think that you would spend the majority of time with family, friends, or soon to be husband and that in fact isn’t the truth. Although you will be surrounded by those people your photographer is who you will be with you through every part of the day. This is yet another reason why I couldn’t be more excited to have chosen Virgil. He has an incredible way about him. He is everything that you need him to be and more. Calm when it’s stressful, excited when you are, fun and personable always. Virgil takes the time to get to know you, your family and wedding party. He puts everyone at ease, especially the bride. I one often reluctant to want to take any pictures with Virgil, I felt so incredibly comfortable that I couldn’t take enough.
    Looking back on my wedding day I know that if it wasn’t for Virgil it wouldn’t have been all that it was. Brides have so many things to worry about as they plan for their own special day. If you make the same wonderful decision I did, choosing Virgil as my photographer, you can rest assure that one have one less thing on your plate because it will be perfect – and that in turn is priceless.

Sent on 04/18/2014

Kate · Married on 05/18/2013

AMAZING!!!!!! I am a wedding photographer as well and so obviously for me, the photos of my own wedding were very important! Virgil takes stunning photos and there was no question the he HAD to be our photographer! I had never met Virgil in person... he was in SC and we were in TN, but after just one phone call I felt as if I had met him a hundred times. When he showed up for the wedding it was as if we were hanging out with an old friend. He makes everyone feel relaxed and beautiful... except the men, he made them feel macho and cool! haha. Our entire wedding party is STILL talking about how awesome Virgil was. Then we recieved our photos!!! We were blown away! They are so gorgeous. I could not be happier with the amazing job he did for us!

Allie · Married on 05/11/2013

Virgil is not only a truly gifted photographer, but also a joy to know. He has the ability to capture the essence of your celebration because he is so talented, but also because he is incredibly intuitive and caring. His pictures will allow you to remember and revisit the best elements of the day, which is priceless! There is not a better choice.

• Kristin

Kristin · Married on 05/04/2013

Virgil Bunao is truly amazing at what he does. He made us feel so comfortable during our engagement photos and we had a blast working with him on our wedding day. From the moment we met Virgil it was like hanging out with a good friend. He not only does he provide top notch service he exceeds your expectations. Thank you Virgil…our photos are beautiful!!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Allie · Married on 04/22/2013

Basically, Virgil is a boss at what he does. He showed up on our wedding day, managing to find a tiny dock to catch a boat and find us on a remote island in GA and just started doing his thing. One of the things we appreciated most was how he and his team blended into the background while capturing everything about our day for us. Virgil has a (perfect) way of making everything look and feel beautiful and an even more perfect personality for his line of work. Something I'll never forget is the golf cart ride we took to the beach for our portraits and how it felt like a get together with old friends. His smile and creativity is infectious. I can promise you he will capture beautiful, raw, emotion in his work that will make you cry happy tears each time you look through your photos. His love for his trade is evident...friend him on Instagram or Facebook and you'll see what I mean!

Anne · Married on 04/20/2013

Hire Virgil. Right now. He's the best decision you'll ever make. Prompt and professional, calming and kind, Virgil will be a joy to have on your team leading up to the event and on the big day itself. You'll love spending time with him as much as you'll love his work. And he travels! Virgil happily came up to NYC for us - twice (for an engagement session and again for the wedding)! NYC brides, look to Virgil as your wedding photographer (and new best friend)!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Dawn · Married on 03/15/2013

Working with Virgil was an absolute pleasure from beginning to end. After seeing his photos on blogs such as Style Me Pretty, and getting rave reviews from our wedding planner and past brides, we knew our day wouldn't be complete without him there to capture the moments. He took the time to understand our story, what made us unique, and our style/preferences. From there, we let him do his thing! He is so personable, creative, and talented - I would highly, highly, highly recommend him and his work. On our wedding day, he blended in with our guests and seemed to be a part of the wedding instead of a 'vendor' - he was mingling with our friends (everyone loved him and commented to us on how great he was) and on the dance floor! He was not intrusive at all, but still managed to photograph everything. We love our photos and love Virgil!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Virgil was wonderful to work with for our wedding! He was very organized and professional and kept myself and our bridal party at ease and in stitches :) Our pictures are GORGEOUS! We used one on our Christmas card this year, and everyone has made comments on how beautiful the picture is that I choose to use. His use of film is something that you don't see everyday......his photos are simply stunning.

Sent on 01/24/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2012

Virgil is absolutely fabulous. He does everything he can to make your day one of a kind and does WAAAYY more than you ever would expect a photographer do to. It actually still amazes me the lengths he went to to make our day wonderful. And the pictures - there is noone better to preserve your one and only wedding day than Virgil. He gave us so many pictures and every single one is beautiful! Virgil is a very creative wedding photographer that captures the whole entire day in a one of a kind way. Honestly, the best wedding photographer in the Charleston (maybe, ever ;)).

Sent on 12/11/2012

Tara · Married on 09/22/2012

Yes! All your photographer questions are answered with yes. Virgil has all the qualities and professionalism you're looking for, especially for your big day. Virgil has a classic and original point of view, so you'll get the classic photos you're looking for but with an original perspective. His photos are beautiful and stunning.. To add to that, he is responsive with all communication, listens to your must haves, and is on time. The last thing you want to worry about on your wedding day is the photographer, and Virgil is someone you can depend on and trust to capture the beauty of your wedding day! Even my bridesmaids would love to have him for their future special days!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Teressa & Chris · Married on 09/02/2012

What can we say, it all started when I saw these incredible photo's of a wedding at Legare Waring House that were taken by yours truly in the Charleston Wedding magazine! These photos were simply stunning, it actually is the reason we chose our venue, our rental company, our florist and our caterer!!!! One stop shop...all ignited by gorgeous photos taken by Virgil. Above and beyond having an incredible gift, Virgil is so fun and down to earth. He's the kind of guy that you want to ask to go grab happy hour after the event...he has a charm and innate ability to make people feel comfortable. This comes in handy with all wedding parties...but especially when you have a wedding party that is comprised of 25+ people...there is nothing better than having a photographer that knows how to help everyone relax and have a good time, while directing and taking photos on the side :0). The sugar on top is that we met Virgil in downtown Charleston for a "Post wedding" photo shoot and he took his time with us, we didn't feel rushed and he really knew how to direct Chris and I to pose, while hanging out very naturally together...I just know our pictures our going to be out of this world!! Thanks for everything Virgil! Mahal, Teressa & Chris

Sent on 09/09/2012

Cameron · Married on 08/18/2012

The decision to hire Virgil to shoot my wedding day was one of the best decisions i made during the wedding planning process. He was laid back but also very professional and incredibly talented. He made me feel at ease and I didnt have to worry about a special moment not being captured. Our pictures turned out better than I could have dreamed of and I am so happy I can always look back at them to remember our special day.

Sent on 02/04/2013

Emilee · Married on 08/07/2012

Wow! That single word really says it all! Virgil came all the way to Aruba to photograph our wedding and his pictures were truly breathtaking. I am not always a fan of pictures of myself and find I am super critical so when I saw the pictures Virgil had taken I was almost in disbelief! My wife and I could not believe how awesome every single picture turned out! He captured moments and emotions that make you feel like you are right there experiencing them. The pictures were nothing less than incredible!
    My wife and I were so shocked to see some of the pictures because we never even saw him taking a lot of them. His pictures are so natural and he clearly is an expert at what he does. Friends who have seen the pictures, but were unable to attend, always say that they can feel our emotions in the pictures. The love and joy are palpable.
    As if taking the best pictures in the world is not enough to want him as your photographer, to top it all off- Virgil is an absolutely awesome guy! He is super fun to be around and just down right cool! We absolutely love him! We invited him to go out with our wedding party on multiple occasions while we were in Aruba because he is just a blast to be around. Like I said earlier, I am resistant to pictures so he had his hands full with me but on our day after shoot he had me laughing and got pictures that are amazing and at the wedding and reception I did not even realize he was taking all these pictures!
    Bottom line- Virgil is the best decision we made for our wedding! He is worth ten times what he costs and I am extremely frugal! I did not want to even spend $400 on a wedding dress if that tells you anything :) If you want pictures that will be so good you wont even believe it (even people who think they are unattractive look at pictures he takes of themselves and think, wow I look pretty good) and if you want to have a photographer who is an awesome and fun guy -PICK HIM!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Kari · Married on 08/07/2012

To whomever is reading this review, you must understand that only giving Virgil 5 stars is limiting the reality of what you can get! He joined my bride and myself for our destination wedding in Aruba in August 2012. He MADE the experience what it was for us on our wedding day. Since it was a destination wedding, he was able to attend our rehearsal dinner, wedding day and a two-day "day after wedding" shoot. He was beyond professional. Given it was a same-sex wedding, he had his hands full with two brides and he never missed a beat! The results of his work are beyond stunning. I have honestly never felt so beautiful in my life as I did in the pictures he captured. His pictures are not just static photos, they are dynamic and animated representations of every special moment on your wedding day that tell a story for a lifetime! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone. By the end of our destination wedding time with Virgil, he felt more like a wedding guest then just a photographer as he fits in with everyone given the nature of his personality. Our wedding was so much more than I could have ever imagined and thanks to Virgil we will remember it forever just the way it was on that day!

Sent on 12/14/2012

It would be a complete understatement to say that Virgil was absolutely incredible. I've never met a photographer who is so accommodating, professional but personable, and as skilled as Virgil. He came up with ways that made all the smiles and love shine through naturally. He effortlessly captured every essence of our wedding day and I am in love with literally every picture he took. If you're looking for an amazing photographer and want to be able to have wonderful memories of your big day Virgil is the person for you!

Sent on 12/11/2012

Eliz · Married on 07/07/2012

Virgil was an amazing part of our wedding. When my husband and I saw his photos for the first time, we knew he had an incomparable and unique talent that we wanted as a part of our special day. Not only is Virgil a one of a kind and very talented photographer, but he is an amazing person to work with (as is all of his team). From the beginning of planning my wedding, he helped with suggestions on any and everything. He was always a reliable, knowledgeable, caring, and patient guide and friend before, during and after our wedding. Virgil captures your day in a way no one else can. He makes you and everyone feel and look like you are in a fairytale while capturing everyone in a way that is distinctively them. We love our wedding pictures and could not have imagined using anyone else for that day. Photographs will never be the same to us again. We will always use Virgil as our family photographer from now on as he has created a special place in our hearts with his work and who he is. He is simply the best all around!

Sent on 01/04/2013
  • User2069640 · 2+ years ago

Virgil Bunao = amazing. We were so very fortunate that he was available to immemorialize our wedding. I'd seen Virgil in print and on the top blogs, so was totally giddy when it turned out that he could capture our nuptials! We worked with Virgil on both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding day, and we're so glad we did, as he captured everything from the spectacular to the tiny nuances, moments, expressions on both of these very different days. We were blessed with gorgeous lighting, and Virgil took full advantage of the conditions, with a beautiful blend of indoor and outdoor scenes. He knew every nook and cranny to direct us into for wonderful shots. There is a range from the hyper-vivid to the dreamlike and otherwordly. We have statuesque portraits, still-lifes, and action shots from the dancefloor. Virgil truly captured the strong emotions and the mise-en-scene of the whole event. It is such a wonderful treat to look through our proofs and love each and every photo! Virgil is very easy to work with - he really gets to know you on the phone, in person if possible - we felt beyond comfortable with him, leading to very natural looking photos. Virgil has a human empathy that also allowed him to work with delicate emptions given some sad news in my family the week before. We can hardly wait to work with Virgil again on our portraits when we have a family!!

Sent on 08/30/2012

crystal · Married on 06/16/2012

There is nothing I can say to express my complete gratitude for Virgil. He is extremely talented, caring, considerate, and professional. Virgil shot our engagement photos, my bridal portraits, and our wedding photos. He was there for me throughout my entire engagement - with advice for every part of my wedding. He continually has gone out of his way to help me with absolutely anything he can. He made my husband and I feel comfortable and we enjoyed every second of having him be a big part of our wedding. All I can say is - we love Virgil!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Haley · Married on 06/09/2012

Harry and I got married on June 9, 2012. A friend, and previous client, suggested we used Virgil as our photographer. After seeing photographs from her wedding day, we knew we were making a great decision to hire Virgil as the photographer for our wedding.

My mom and I enjoyed meeting and spending the day with Virgil as he took my bridal portraits. The day started off bad when my hair didn't turn out the way I imagined. He was patient and understanding while he called another stylist to fix my hair for the second time. The day ended much better than it started. It was nice to share the day with my mom for this southern bridal tradition.

Later, Harry was able to meet Virgil before our wedding day. We both formed a relationship with him so we were no longer strangers, but friends.

On our wedding day, Virgil made everyone feel comfortable. Our wedding guests still comment on how great he was. Many of our single friends say they are turning to Virgil when it is time for them to get married.

The venue, cake, and dress are all temporary while the photographs are what last forever. We will cherish all of the memories from our wedding day for years to come through these timeless photographs thanks to Virgil.

Sent on 03/02/2013

Casey · Married on 06/02/2012

Virgil captured our wedding day in a way I never would have thought possible. He is a joy to work with and an absolute professional. Further, he has a great ability to read the crowd and flow with the camera. I hardly realized he was there, and yet he captured every detail flawlessly. I really wanted candid images for the day, and that is exactly what I now have. Virgil captured all the special moments - smiles, laughs, tears, etc. - , and the pictures are truly amazing.

Sent on 08/31/2012